AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-04-14, 15:41   Link #21
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
I liked this episode much better than the first one(that annoying group was... well, annoying =01). Really felt like Kyo was extremely relaxed around Tohru, similar to how he acts around Kazuma. It was very adorable =03.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-20, 14:22   Link #22
Frontier

Yuki and Ayame's mom is a Sayaka Ohara-voiced beauty? If she wasn't such a cold woman using her son as a tool that would be pretty awesome .

Of course someone as flamboyant as Ayame would run a costume shop. And look good in drag .

Mine! She appeared in the second Opening with Ayame but I guess they had to structure it so she would appear now. It's always nice to hear Yuka Iguchi and she did a good job conveying Mine as this spirited young woman who can keep up with Ayame and seems to really get him and his deeper motivations. Not to mention she looks really cute in a maid outfit .

I'm kind of surprised neither Tohru or Yuki found it odd that Ayame was working with a woman who doesn't even seem to be a Sohma. Then again, it is Ayame .

We get more into the hidden sadness and regret that Ayame feels towards Yuki that he hides beneath his smile and dazzling personality. Feelings of guilt over using Yuki's status to get through life while utterly ignoring how badly the Sohma's were treating him, and only really realizing how much he screwed up his younger brother when Yuki was almost too far gone. It seems like meeting Mine really helped Ayame come to terms both with himself and with how he failed Yuki. But Ayame's doing his level, if overreactive, best to make up for it and make sure Yuki knows that he is loved and not alone in this world, and he shouldn't feel beholden to their parents or the curse .

Sometimes brothers can come together over how different they are from each other, and Yuki and Ayame are slowly but surely getting a better understanding of each other even when Ayame continues to drive Yuki nuts. But I think Yuki's getting more and more used to his older brother .

I can't deny that with Tohru's looks it would be a waste not to dress her up. She looked absolutely gorgeous in that elegant white dress. If only Kyo had gotten to see her .
Old 2020-04-20, 17:30   Link #23
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Yuki and Ayame's mom is a Sayaka Ohara-voiced beauty? If she wasn't such a cold woman using her son as a tool that would be pretty awesome .

Of course someone as flamboyant as Ayame would run a costume shop. And look good in drag .

Mine! She appeared in the second Opening with Ayame but I guess they had to structure it so she would appear now. It's always nice to hear Yuka Iguchi and she did a good job conveying Mine as this spirited young woman who can keep up with Ayame and seems to really get him and his deeper motivations. Not to mention she looks really cute in a maid outfit .

I'm kind of surprised neither Tohru or Yuki found it odd that Ayame was working with a woman who doesn't even seem to be a Sohma. Then again, it is Ayame .
What's odd about it?

Quote:
We get more into the hidden sadness and regret that Ayame feels towards Yuki that he hides beneath his smile and dazzling personality. Feelings of guilt over using Yuki's status to get through life while utterly ignoring how badly the Sohma's were treating him, and only really realizing how much he screwed up his younger brother when Yuki was almost too far gone. It seems like meeting Mine really helped Ayame come to terms both with himself and with how he failed Yuki. But Ayame's doing his level, if overreactive, best to make up for it and make sure Yuki knows that he is loved and not alone in this world, and he shouldn't feel beholden to their parents or the curse .

Sometimes brothers can come together over how different they are from each other, and Yuki and Ayame are slowly but surely getting a better understanding of each other even when Ayame continues to drive Yuki nuts. But I think Yuki's getting more and more used to his older brother .

I can't deny that with Tohru's looks it would be a waste not to dress her up. She looked absolutely gorgeous in that elegant white dress. If only Kyo had gotten to see her .
I'm not sure how to take Ayame. At first he feels nothing for Yuki so he ignores him, then he "loves" Yuki so he inserts himself in Yuki's life at a time and in a manner he's not wanted. Ayame's really all about Ayame's convenience. For all that present day's Ayame regrets past Ayame's (in)action, has he really changed?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-20, 17:56   Link #24
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Ayame's teasing of Yuki about having feelings for Tohru is especially cruel. Surely Ayame knows what stands in the way of a romance between a Sohma and a human.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-04-20, 18:13   Link #25
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
What's odd about it?
That he's working in close proximity with someone of the opposite sex who might not be in the know.
Quote:
I'm not sure how to take Ayame. At first he feels nothing for Yuki so he ignores him, then he "loves" Yuki so he inserts himself in Yuki's life at a time and in a manner he's not wanted. Ayame's really all about Ayame's convenience. For all that present day's Ayame regrets past Ayame's (in)action, has he really changed?
I think Ayame's just trying to overcompensate for the lack of affection and attention he showed Yuki in the past in the most Ayame way possible. Yuki might not like it, but it makes it harder for him to ignore his brother and it's just part of how Ayame is.
Old 2020-04-20, 18:35   Link #26
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What will make or break Ayame's character is whether or not he'll make a stand against Akito to protect Yuki when the time comes. He's overbearing and selfish even now, but he seems to genuinely regret his past inaction. Do we know what caused him to suddenly care about Yuki? I can't remember if that was covered in S1.
Old 2020-04-20, 19:21   Link #27
Wandering Soul

So far Ayame is genuinely trying to make up for his treatment of Yuki in the past. He overcompens, but he means well. It'll be interesting to see how he addresses their parents and Akito.
Old 2020-04-20, 19:39   Link #28
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
What will make or break Ayame's character is whether or not he'll make a stand against Akito to protect Yuki when the time comes. He's overbearing and selfish even now, but he seems to genuinely regret his past inaction. Do we know what caused him to suddenly care about Yuki? I can't remember if that was covered in S1.
My takeaway from the flash of him cradling his head on Mine's lap was that meeting her changed his outlook on things. She seems to get him in a way others don't.
Old 2020-04-20, 20:55   Link #29
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well Ayame is back and still as wacky as ever but its good to see Kuramae in all her crazy

Tooru looks cute in gothic white
Old 2020-04-27, 17:03   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Rin was finally introduced, though we still don't know much about her personality. I like her design at least. I'd say chances are pretty high she broke up with Haru because Akito found out about their relationship.

I liked that they're showing Kyo feels guilty for hurting Tohru. I can't remember if he's properly apologized or not.
Old 2020-04-27, 19:28   Link #31
Wandering Soul

It's only natural Kyo would feel guilty about hurting Tohru. Tohru isn't the type to hold a grudge, but that may make Kyo feel even guiltier.
Old 2020-04-27, 20:49   Link #32
Master_Yoma
Nekokota Festival

Well you think that Haru would of picked a better time to lose it instead of in the classroom
Old 2020-04-27, 23:13   Link #33
Frontier

We finally get to see Haru and Rin's relationship, an actual full-blown relationship between members of the zodiac. I may be mis-remembering the manga but I recall that Haru had his breakdown over getting dumped long before they confirmed that said girl who broke up with him was Rin, so it seems like they're revealing that early as they also start building up Rin and what her plans are a fair bit earlier. I can't wait for the show to dive more into Rin and her relationship with Haru .

Poor Kyo. His feelings for Tohru are so obvious that it's just become another thing for people to needle him about .

Shiraki-sensei for the save .

Yuki has changed so much that now he's actively going out of his way to support and help those closest to him when they're at their lowest .

Man, Yuki is so traumatized that just being inches away from the Sohma compound is enough to make him nauseous

Kyo knocking Tohru away to that extent was anime-only, so it's nice to see them follow that up instead of forgetting about it by comparing it to Dark Haru's rampage and that Kyo feels guilty about it .

Haru doing the most logical thing to do after a breakup and getting suspended from school...just read and play video games all day. I love how his party is named after him, Kyo, and Yuki .
Old 2020-05-01, 07:42   Link #34
SidVicious
Anime addict

Goblin Slayer is Kureno.

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...o-soma/.159171
Old 2020-05-01, 10:36   Link #35
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
Kureno! Good choice with Umehara .
Old 2020-05-02, 11:19   Link #36
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SidVicious View Post
I didn't expect the last of the zodiacs would be Uma Ristarte & rooster Seiya..

While comparing Tamayura with Aria is more like comparing Vividred with SW.
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-05-04, 16:45   Link #37
Wandering Soul

It was obvious that Kureno was part of the Soma family, but he seems especially close to Akito and considering he has never experience the outside world much, Akito has a good grip on him. It looks like Uotani and Kureno is another relationship that Akito will prove an obstacle to.
Old 2020-05-04, 18:38   Link #38
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Cool, even Uo-chan is getting her own romance. Her love interest being one of the Zodiacs is beyond contrived though, but it will allow her and Hana to get in on the Soma's secret and get more involved with the main story so I can't complain too much.

Kinda weird they didn't follow up on last week's ending.
Old 2020-05-04, 22:42   Link #39
Frontier

Wouldn't you know it, all that talk about Uotani's possible marriage and she has a fateful encounter with a gorgeous gentleman at work. Good job girl .

Kureno's voice isn't what I imagined, even with Umehara playing him, but I think it captures his character quite well. It's just amazing to finally see him both animated and voiced .

Hatsuharu unknowingly showing off for the ladies .

Poor Tohru gets Momiji-pressured into a haunted house and she ends up a laughing/crying mess and bashing her head three times .

Haru should be a writer if he could come up with that well-developed and sentimental backstory on the spur of the moment. A little too committed to it, though .

It's not often I see someone comment on how absurdly attractive the main cast of an anime is .

Man, Kureno sure knows how to leave a girl waiting. Caressing her face like that and posing for a kiss only to walk away? Sure she's underage and you're almost 10 years older (and potentially a member of the zodiac), but I don't think she would've minded .

Yeah, Uotani and Hanajima are totally the type of gal pals who would force themselves into your first date. I pity Tohru's future boyfriend .

Uotani unknowingly falling for a Sohma, which never ends well. Not to mention one that's fairly close to Akito. Uotani's found her first love, and someone who is utterly enamored with her smile, and I can't help but feel it's a love likely to be fraught with difficulty .
Old 2020-05-04, 23:05   Link #40
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This season needs some Hiro & Kisa, stat.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote