AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-11-22, 21:57   Link #1021
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

What was with this crap? Not trying to be a jerk, but this was really sub-par here. With so much potential to be a great series, they crap out.

They better get back to Luke & Lisa and quick.
Old 2009-11-22, 22:56   Link #1022
Mushi
Hopeless Dreamer

I thought 8 was great! Cecily is finally catching on to the power she has in Aria. And no, she's not as stupid as she makes herself out to be.

Charlotte and the 3 body guards seems to have been a mini-arc within the story. Having them show up later would be kinda' cool. I'd like to know more about this militant nation.

I still consider this to be a good series. Some things are still up in the air, but I'm just going along for the ride to see where it takes me. If nothing else, I'm enjoying all the cute girls.

Quote:
Maybe Cecily ran and they split up to find her.
That's how I see it. Nothing wrong with hit and run tactics. And yeah, the "flying arrow" attack was seriously bad ass.
Old 2009-11-23, 00:13   Link #1023
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
What was with this crap? Not trying to be a jerk, but this was really sub-par here. With so much potential to be a great series, they crap out.

They better get back to Luke & Lisa and quick.
Damn right, pretty sad episode once again. What's with all this pre-teen boohoo drama crap. Get back to the real heart of the story, sadly it's getting hard to remember what it exactly was. Or are they going to cram everything into these last episodes and leave us going WTF was that...? I'd much rather hear about Luke's story then what we was fed two episodes in a row...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 01:30   Link #1024
Cyrus17
Impostor Cutie

I wonder what's this with all these Luke's fans around. Give more Luke, not enough screen time, bla bla... Just get yourself some bishounen anime and busy yourself for a couple of weeks, okay? Here, I even got a link for you guys: Miracle Train: Ooedo-sen e Youkoso. Suit yourselves.
Black Seppuku Bunny:
- Want us to help you?
Harakiri Tiger:
- We'd be happy to take a piece.
Natsuru:
- Can you even digest it with your guts hanging out like that?
Cyrus17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 01:37   Link #1025
Zwei
Natural Born Killer
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrus17 View Post
I wonder what's this with all these Luke's fans around. Give more Luke, not enough screen time
It's because Luke is the only decent male character in this show.

Quote:
bla bla... Just get yourself some bishounen anime and busy yourself for a couple of weeks, okay? Here, I even got a link for you guys: Miracle Train: Ooedo-sen e Youkoso. Suit yourselves.
Actually, it's none of your business if we want to complain or not. That's what forums are, to post our thoughts and opinions and based on the majority this isn't going quite well, so you have zero rights about telling us whether we want to watch another anime or not.

The way I see it, the reason you are complaining is because the longer this drags out, the more information we find, the more issues and questions are addressed, and the more obvious it becomes that we are telling the truth.

Last edited by Zwei; 2009-11-23 at 14:18.
Zwei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 01:40   Link #1026
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
I wonder what's this with all these Luke's fans around. Give more Luke, not enough screen time, bla bla... Just get yourself some bishounen anime and busy yourself for a couple of weeks, okay? Here, I even got a link for you guys: Miracle Train: Ooedo-sen e Youkoso. Suit yourselves.
Kyou Kara Maou or Saiunkoku Monogatari is what they should be watching - both good shows in their own right but with enough bishounen to satisfy all those rabid fangirls. And with KKM being over 115 episodes and Saiunkoku getting up to 100 also, it should keep those people busy

Personally I never cared much for Luke - his portable forge is extremely lame and he acts like a pre-teen half the time, so I wonder where this popularity is coming from. Eight episodes in and I regret not sticking to my decision to drop this, but it was mildly satisfying to see Cecily win against those three, even if this whole arc was logically inconsistent from start to finish. And despite what they think, she did rather well against them back when it was 3 on 1.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 01:40   Link #1027
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
I thought 8 was great! Cecily is finally catching on to the power she has in Aria. And no, she's not as stupid as she makes herself out to be.
Spoiler for ep. 8:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mushi View Post
That's how I see it. Nothing wrong with hit and run tactics.
Certainly nothing wrong with Cecily's tactics. I don't think the same could be said of the trio, though...
Spoiler for ep. 8:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 02:34   Link #1028
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
If it's 12/13 then they gotta hurry the fuck up. I mean the OP shows alot of scenes and stuff but now it's been pretty relaxing and nothing really happening .. I hope for 24 episodes .. The series ain't that great but it's worthy of watching and the winter season of new anime isn't offering anything that interesting ;<.
That's why i said when we'll get more Luke's developement .
If it's 12/13 omg they'll rush the anime .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 02:38   Link #1029
HandofFate

starting episode 7 right now.
lol @ maid episode and Cecily punching luke and running off..

Luke needs to bed all the girls in this series already.

also is Doris a girl or guy..

edit: i see, a girl..
Old 2009-11-23, 02:39   Link #1030
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Nooooooo. After the latest events, I guess we won't get more of Doris and crew for a while. Doris was an awesome tomboy/slightly-tsundere/CLAYMORE wielder. Dammit.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 03:15   Link #1031
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
It's because there's nothing remotely interesting about Cecily. She's the character type I hate the most.

At least Luke hasn't done anything too negative on first impressions IMO. Not to mention learning about his past is far more interesting than learning about her past.
Old 2009-11-23, 03:24   Link #1032
technomo12
Wise Otaku Seeker

well what i can say is the anoyying drama is countered with some fightscene atleast that is good >_< but considering in the novel it is kinda dragged down

anyway atleast another new skill was develoved

the "HYPER OMEGA WIND SPIRAL TRUST!"

hahaha
technomo12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 03:37   Link #1033
Johnny
Working the bags...

Quote:
What the hell does that have to do with Luke? I'm not asking for more Luke time because of his looks, damn. The reason as stated above for one, he's more interesting than the other characters. However, the main reason is his fight scenes are bad ass. I'll take the high road and not comment where you can stick that link...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 04:10   Link #1034
Guppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by technomo12 View Post
well what i can say is the anoyying drama is countered with some fightscene atleast that is good >_< but considering in the novel it is kinda dragged down
I think the problem was that...
Spoiler for ep. 8 fight scene vs. novel:
Guppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 06:42   Link #1035
Procris

Quote:

It really has nothing to do with being a "Luke" fan. Hes one of the 4 main characters and deserves a bit more character development than what we've had so far.

Then again, i guess most of us had different expectations from this anime. Most of us from episode 1 expected there to be at least some story, action and a bit of light comedy. Granted the story isn't the strong point here but ALL the characters could have been properly developed. Heck, we're 8 episodes in with about 5 episodes to go, so it still could happen.

Then again, judging from your posts so far, its clear what you want from this anime and why you'd ignore anyone who wants to know more about a character that we don't know much about.
Procris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 07:00   Link #1036
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I seriously can't believe they spelled "believe" wrong. Dear god, it takes two seconds to look up in a dictionary....
Old 2009-11-23, 07:07   Link #1037
Dralha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I seriously can't believe they spelled "believe" wrong. Dear god, it takes two seconds to look up in a dictionary....
LOL True.
Old 2009-11-23, 07:41   Link #1038
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Do you want us to apologize for wanting to see a certain character or something?
Old 2009-11-23, 10:29   Link #1039
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
Omg , i forgot that ! I was like "Wtf "
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-23, 10:37   Link #1040
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
Damn right, pretty sad episode once again. What's with all this pre-teen boohoo drama crap. Get back to the real heart of the story, sadly it's getting hard to remember what it exactly was.
Sadly this crap is all the plot this anime seems to have.

You know what, I take back what I said earlier. I do mind generic fantasies...
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
adventure, fantasy, shounen