AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-11-17, 19:34   Link #1021
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
It's new: Vanshipping didn't exist until yesterday.
Ok, thanks.

Quote:
BTW, how much time did they take on stealing one ship on the last episode? Hope that 15 ships won't eat more than 3 episodes.
I was kind of wondering that too, mainly to keep straight how long its been in show since it started. From launching from the Silvius to Fam and Gisey's return, it looked to be about half a day. The question I have how long did it take for Fam and Gisey to plan it. Did they do all the planning and prep work in one night? Over 24 hours?

I don't know if they are actually going to show them stealing every individual ship. Who knows, maybe race next episode is part of a plan to bag 14 at once.
Stevie_Nix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 21:40   Link #1022
Friday
Im shy too...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie_Nix View Post
Ok, thanks.

I was kind of wondering that too, mainly to keep straight how long its been in show since it started. From launching from the Silvius to Fam and Gisey's return, it looked to be about half a day. The question I have how long did it take for Fam and Gisey to plan it. Did they do all the planning and prep work in one night? Over 24 hours?

I don't know if they are actually going to show them stealing every individual ship. Who knows, maybe race next episode is part of a plan to bag 14 at once.
I say yes, it was an overnight job including uniform & letter making and executed the next day.
As for stealing 14 ships:
my 2 cents.....
I say they show a few and probaly skip a few just to continue the storyline
thats my opinion
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 22:21   Link #1023
MeggieMay

Quote:
Re-watching episode 01 on Funimation. At 06:24, we see a bright flash below and to the left of the six cocooned Exiles. The episode then specifically shows the Exile we know from season one descending to Earth at 06:32 while Dio quotes the answer to the Mysterion of House Hamilton. (Most likely to acknowledge that it is Alvis's Exile.) That is what I was referring too when I assumed there was seven Exiles. I am assuming that shortly before that you were referring to the shot of the pirate's mothership passing below the six moons.
First, the Funimation site s*cks but it also clearly states it's Hulu's player when you start it up over there (which along with Nico Nico, is what I'm using to watch the series) so I'm going to use it for here on out (Funi managed to slow down my entire computer for some reason when I was doing this) .

I did use Funimation for your time codes those and hey, we're talking about the exact same scenes so we're actually on the same page here! After re-watching the sequence I do get what you are trying to say now, which I think is there are/were six cocooned Exiles and the seventh one (the one from Anoray/Disith) which isn't cocooned. I hadn't quite caught that earlier, so thanks for pointing it out! What I thought was going on was the A/D Exile was parking behind but it's actually just landed someplace and thus isn't showing up because of that.

Quote:
Also rereading the fan translation of the history and timeline from the official art book, here, there were seven Presters. Could there be multiple Exiles for each Prester, maybe. But I get the impression one Exile per Prester.
That's the site I'm getting most of my backstory info for the first series off of, as well. That said, the information came out in artbooks and supplementary materials right after the last show and I think it is best to keep in mind that LE Fam is being written and directed by a different group this time, IIRC. If so, the new writers/directors may change materials from what is listed over there for this show as they create it. However, I would hope they are planning on using that information as a guide line for LE Fam. Also, I didn't mean to cut you so short this morning on the fan pairing stuff. You did make some good points about my pairing and why it might not work at this point in the series. At this point in the series, I agree with some of them. I'm hoping for the story to go in a direction it hasn't yet because I'm seeing hallmarks in the relationship that I've seen in other stories that could lead it that way. On the other hand, Dio could end up with one of the loli-Guild girls from the OP or maybe no one - it's way to early to tell. As for Mirilla/Fam, my quible with your comeback would be that Fam isn't really in a position of power to make a pact between the Sky Pirates and Turan, though Giselle is. Giselle is the daughter of their leader, Fam is a orphan they took in. If you're going for power politic combos of the F/F type, then Miriella/Giselle would be more on target IMO .

Anyway, I don't think you could be convinced not to pair Fam up with these two to begin with, so I didn't want to pursue it this morning. That's what I meant by saying we just have to have our own tastes on these things. Plus I had lost track of time and was running late for work when I was posting and really didn't have time to give that part of the discussion more time (I'm a rather slow poster and I probably shouldn't have tried to reply at that point to begin with but once I started I did want to get something posted for fear I'd forget to come back and do it later).
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-17, 23:52   Link #1024
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeggieMay View Post
First, the Funimation site s*cks but it also clearly states it's Hulu's player when you start it up over there (which along with Nico Nico, is what I'm using to watch the series) so I'm going to use it for here on out (Funi managed to slow down my entire computer for some reason when I was doing this) .

I did use Funimation for your time codes those and hey, we're talking about the exact same scenes so we're actually on the same page here! After re-watching the sequence I do get what you are trying to say now, which I think is there are/were six cocooned Exiles and the seventh one (the one from Anoray/Disith) which isn't cocooned. I hadn't quite caught that earlier, so thanks for pointing it out! What I thought was going on was the A/D Exile was parking behind but it's actually just landed someplace and thus isn't showing up because of that.
No argument here, Funimation is the worst of the online players, especially since anything that is not the most current episode is on Hulu. Nico Nico is better, but still not as good a Crunchyroll.

Glad I could help. Now the question is were did it land? Doesn't seem like the other nations know about Anahory/Disith yet.

Quote:
That's the site I'm getting most of my backstory info for the first series off of, as well. That said, the information came out in artbooks and supplementary materials right after the last show and I think it is best to keep in mind that LE Fam is being written and directed by a different group this time, IIRC. If so, the new writers/directors may change materials from what is listed over there for this show as they create it. However, I would hope they are planning on using that information as a guide line for LE Fam.
As I understand it the original Last Exile was really GONZO giving Range Murata a free hand to create a world and a story. So unless for some reason either Range Murata changes his mind, or GONZO does some executive meddling, I don't think Fam is going to contradict the first season and related materials.

Quote:
Also, I didn't mean to cut you so short this morning on the fan pairing stuff. You did make some good points about my pairing and why it might not work at this point in the series. At this point in the series, I agree with some of them. I'm hoping for the story to go in a direction it hasn't yet because I'm seeing hallmarks in the relationship that I've seen in other stories that could lead it that way. On the other hand, Dio could end up with one of the loli-Guild girls from the OP or maybe no one - it's way to early to tell. As for Mirilla/Fam, my quible with your comeback would be that Fam isn't really in a position of power to make a pact between the Sky Pirates and Turan, though Giselle is. Giselle is the daughter of their leader, Fam is a orphan they took in. If you're going for power politic combos of the F/F type, then Miriella/Giselle would be more on target IMO .

Anyway, I don't think you could be convinced not to pair Fam up with these two to begin with, so I didn't want to pursue it this morning. That's what I meant by saying we just have to have our own tastes on these things. Plus I had lost track of time and was running late for work when I was posting and really didn't have time to give that part of the discussion more time (I'm a rather slow poster and I probably shouldn't have tried to reply at that point to begin with but once I started I did want to get something posted for fear I'd forget to come back and do it later).
I didn't think you cut me off but you're right, I am a rather diehard Yuri fan, so no.

Millia/Gisey would be interesting too. Though I still stand by my desire for Fam/Millia/Gisey to happen. Probably the most likely pairing to happen will be Fam/Gisey since they are pilot/navi. I have to admit, I'm a vanshipper, now there is a term for it.

Honestly, I don't see Dio pairing up with anyone, at least in this series, for the simple reason he is still not over Lucciola's death so I don't think he's ready to get that close to anyone yet.

You know, I think you are the first person to mention those Guild pilots in the OP. I have really been wondering, who are they? None of them have shown up in the character design section of the Fam's official website. They are actually the only people clearly shown in the OP not there. Where they the ones flying the rest of Silvius's fighters? Tatiana having a squadron of Guild pilots, now that is an interesting concept.
Old 2011-11-18, 00:01   Link #1025
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
You know, I think you are the first person to mention those Guild pilots in the OP. I have really been wondering, who are they? None of them have shown up in the character design section of the Fam's official website. They are actually the only people clearly shown in the OP not there. Where they the ones flying the rest of Silvius's fighters? Tatiana having a squadron of Guild pilots, now that is an interesting concept.
Maybe it's Tatiana's harem XD someone who would do the "onee-sama" routine.

Or it could be Luscinia's....
djmaca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 00:28   Link #1026
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Maybe it's Tatiana's harem XD someone who would do the "onee-sama" routine.
So the Silvius is turning into St. Lilian? I fully support that idea!

That aside, why haven't they shown up on the character page yet?
Old 2011-11-18, 01:37   Link #1027
TheKage

Quote:
Are we talking about those pilots in this picture? I always just thought they were regular Vanship pilots on Silvius or some other Anatoray-Disith ship we'll see in the future. They don't look too much like Guild pilots. Unless I'm missing the picture xD;

Re-watching the OP always makes me wonder what changed Luscinia's very Guild-like attire into the Ades General attire.
TheKage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 01:50   Link #1028
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKage View Post
Are we talking about those pilots in this picture? I always just thought they were regular Vanship pilots on Silvius or some other Anatoray-Disith ship we'll see in the future. They don't look too much like Guild pilots. Unless I'm missing the picture xD;

Re-watching the OP always makes me wonder what changed Luscinia's very Guild-like attire into the Ades General attire.
Yes, them. The one girl with her helmet off, I'm kind of not sure now if she has pointy ears or not. I really do want to know who they are. I still think they are probably part of the Silvius's airwing.

Unless, since this is the Last Exile OP, its lying about that there is actually such a group of pilots in this show.

I assumed that Luscinia is wearing Ades General attire since he is the Premier of Ades and is acting as the defacto head of the military.
Old 2011-11-18, 03:16   Link #1029
TheKage

Quote:
Yes, them. The one girl with her helmet off, I'm kind of not sure now if she has pointy ears or not. I really do want to know who they are. I still think they are probably part of the Silvius's airwing.

Unless, since this is the Last Exile OP, its lying about that there is actually such a group of pilots in this show.

I assumed that Luscinia is wearing Ades General attire since he is the Premier of Ades and is acting as the defacto head of the military.
Her ears don't appear too pointy in my opinion. But I never thought that she might be Guild in the first place so I've kinda been pre-disposed to not think of it that way.

Well there could be a group but they'll just take 15 episodes to show them or we'll never really meet them. We barely know that much about Gisey's family compared to everyone else so far.

Sorry I seem to not be expressing my ideas and questions clearly.. I'm not the most articulate person, and I've been told that my points are very unclear. I'm questioning if Luscinia is part of a Guild (as shown by the attire) and had decided to join Ades Federation or if he was pretty much there all the time that he didn't need to join the group or such (grown into it as an adult). I'm still not quite all too clear on the happenings between him and Lilliana in the past and if it was explained or not. He could have been dressed more similarly to Alauda... or the Guild who were with these older peoples have assimilated into those they were taking care of much more easily. Or there was no clear Guild distinction as we know it and it's more of a family or ethnic culture that he's apart of.
Old 2011-11-18, 08:31   Link #1030
azarhal

Quote:

Unless, since this is the Last Exile OP, its lying about that there is actually such a group of pilots in this show..
She doesn't have pointy ears and unless we see Nordic runes on the Silvius, they are not affiliated with them (although, the ship behind them might be a submarine).

Personally, I have the feeling they might be from the "past" and I find it strange the last 3 characters focused upon in the OP (minus winged Fam/Millia) are Tatiana, Silver Haired Girl and Alvis.
azarhal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 14:03   Link #1031
MeggieMay

Quote:
Originally Posted by azarhal View Post
She doesn't have pointy ears and unless we see Nordic runes on the Silvius, they are not affiliated with them (although, the ship behind them might be a submarine).
Well they might not be Guild - it's just my pet name for them. What really stood out to me about them is their unforms do not match, IMO at least, the others we've seen so far. And the tech is a bit different - you may be on to something that this might be a submarine or something other than a air ship but either way just who are these ladies anyway? Those uniforms just don't seem to match up to the groups we've met so far.
MeggieMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 14:05   Link #1032
Stevie_Nix
Longtime Lurker

Quote:
Her ears don't appear too pointy in my opinion. But I never thought that she might be Guild in the first place so I've kinda been pre-disposed to not think of it that way.

Well there could be a group but they'll just take 15 episodes to show them or we'll never really meet them. We barely know that much about Gisey's family compared to everyone else so far.
Who knows, maybe they they are in the race next week. Maybe they are another group of Sky Pirates.

Quote:
Sorry I seem to not be expressing my ideas and questions clearly.. I'm not the most articulate person, and I've been told that my points are very unclear. I'm questioning if Luscinia is part of a Guild (as shown by the attire) and had decided to join Ades Federation or if he was pretty much there all the time that he didn't need to join the group or such (grown into it as an adult). I'm still not quite all too clear on the happenings between him and Lilliana in the past and if it was explained or not. He could have been dressed more similarly to Alauda... or the Guild who were with these older peoples have assimilated into those they were taking care of much more easily. Or there was no clear Guild distinction as we know it and it's more of a family or ethnic culture that he's apart of.
Don't worry about it, I often worry if I am able to articulate my points too. If I remember correctly, young Luscinia is wearing a white flight suit like Dio wears when he is flying. It might be a cultural thing, or maybe Guild tech is more widely spread. Since I haven't see a "Guild" presence in this series like the first, I been kind of assuming that they had merged into the rest of the population like what happened to the Guild on Prester after the first season.

Quote:

Personally, I have the feeling they might be from the "past" and I find it strange the last 3 characters focused upon in the OP (minus winged Fam/Millia) are Tatiana, Silver Haired Girl and Alvis.
Didn't catch the Nordic runes before on the beams in the background, thanks for pointing that out. I have a crazy past theory for them. They are a flashback to when the Exile is being originally built!

Quote:
Well they might not be Guild - it's just my pet name for them. What really stood out to me about them is their unforms do not match, IMO at least, the others we've seen so far. And the tech is a bit different - you may be on to something that this might be a submarine or something other than a air ship but either way just who are these ladies anyway? Those uniforms just don't seem to match up to the groups we've met so far.
Maybe we are over thinking it. They are Disith pilots, plain and simple. I noticed their pilot outfits color scheme (gold/silver-grey) seems to match the color scheme of the Disith warships in the first series. I still think they are part of the Silvius's airwing.

I still can't explain the runes though.

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2011-11-19 at 03:23.
Old 2011-11-18, 14:26   Link #1033
stormwaltzing
Little Master

As for time lapses and ship catching and stuff...

Spoiler for Episode 6 spoilers:
Old 2011-11-18, 16:35   Link #1034
TheKage

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormwaltzing View Post
As for time lapses and ship catching and stuff...

Spoiler for Episode 6 spoilers:
Spoiler for episode 6:
Old 2011-11-18, 18:50   Link #1035
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Raws are out? Well that was fast. And looks like they didn't show how they bagged the other seven ships.
Old 2011-11-18, 19:58   Link #1036
wandering-dreamer
reads too much

Quote:
Didn't catch the Nordic runes before on the beams in the background, thanks for pointing that out. I have a crazy past theory for them. They are a flashback to when the Exile is being originally built!
Oh that would be cool, after reading the timeline and seeing all of the history behind the series I'd love to actually see some of it in the anime.
wandering-dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 23:07   Link #1037
Friday
Im shy too...

Spoiler for oh my!!!!:
Friday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-18, 23:54   Link #1038
DangerMouse

Quote:
We know that the Sara's mother died, but do we know if it was natural causes, an accident, or murder?

Theory: Luscinia feels guilty because he did not prevent the former Empress's death. I think that might tie into Liliana. Remember in Liliana's flashback she met Luscinia when she was young. My theory is that Luscinia was the Empress's servant/bodyguard. While he was helping young Liliana the Empress died, or was murdered. The guilt over leaving his post has driven him to make sure that it doesn't happen again. In his drive to protect his country and Sara, he has come to the conclusion that Ades must either dominate or destroy all other peoples and countries. He has a particular hatred for both Turan and Princess Liliana because if she hadn't been there, he wouldn't have left the Empress's side and maybe prevented her death.

Personally I find that more interesting. His sense of duty, love of the Empress, and his guilt is driving him to do such terrible things. I get the impression that no one else blames him or thinks he failed the former Empress. So really it is a self induced case of "my greatest failure" that is driving him.
I also think you're onto something here because every time he talks, hears, or thinks about the former empress he messes with his wrist thing. Given the vibes repeatedly given off about the last Grand Race, I'd be surprised if it was natural causes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pewpewpew View Post
I think it's pretty plausible that Luscinia's being manipulated. The fact that he knows things the other commanders aren't privy to must be at least partly due to to him being the Federation's Prime Minister. His aide Alauda is also a senior member of Ades' intelligence service and reports directly to him.

The reason that I feel Luscinia's being manipulated is because he comes across as sincerely believing in what the Federation is doing. Look at the younger version of him in the show's OP: stumbling ankle-deep in blood and sobbing. That hints at some guilty burden in his past that's driving him in the present day.
Yeah.

Quote:
Ohh, I absolutely love that cover! We definitely need more of Range Murata's original art for this series.

Found it on Amazon JP. It won't be released until 21 December unfortunately. That and its also $38.12 before shipping.
That is a freaking sweet cover. Looking forward to getting my copy. Yes we do indeed need more of Range Murata's art for this series, he needs to do a new artbook once this is over!

Spoiler for Spoilered to make post shorter:

Yeah we know how their oldest general who was trying to track the Silvius but lost her reacted to it, it felt like it's a very mysterious but feared ship to them. And since she's taken out Ades ships I imagine they do not know the Anatoray markings on it so I definitely agree Anatoray has been laying low and doing this covertly as newcomers back to the planet with the Silvius perhaps their first official venture out to get their plans started as well as more first-hand intel. I agree, the currently unknown location of Anatoray might be where the fully activated Exile from ep 1 landed.

Quote:
There was a single "It look good on you" comment and it came from Tatiana.
Heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
Good to see my suspicion that Dio was the Last Exile's version of a Vietnam era Green Beret come true.

Also, man, the Ades Federation has one hell of an impressive city. That said, someone should tell them that one global nation is a bad idea, because then there aren't any countries left to exploit, and instead you have to exploit your own people.
Yup

Yeah. Yeeah, that's not gonna end well...

Quote:
No argument here, Funimation is the worst of the online players, especially since anything that is not the most current episode is on Hulu. Nico Nico is better, but still not as good a Crunchyroll.

Glad I could help. Now the question is were did it land? Doesn't seem like the other nations know about Anahory/Disith yet.

As I understand it the original Last Exile was really GONZO giving Range Murata a free hand to create a world and a story. So unless for some reason either Range Murata changes his mind, or GONZO does some executive meddling, I don't think Fam is going to contradict the first season and related materials.

I didn't think you cut me off but you're right, I am a rather diehard Yuri fan, so no.

Millia/Gisey would be interesting too. Though I still stand by my desire for Fam/Millia/Gisey to happen. Probably the most likely pairing to happen will be Fam/Gisey since they are pilot/navi. I have to admit, I'm a vanshipper, now there is a term for it.

I never really paid attention to what it looked like but somehow the look of the player before it's active seems different than it used to in my vague memory, I wonder if it is Nico Nico's player now with Funimation's deal with them.

Yeah.

Yeah that's my understanding as well, that he was pretty much given free reign to design it. Perhaps maybe some input from big designers like Mahiro Maeda.

Vanshipping, fitting term lol. I like that it goes for the pilot/navi "ship" heh.

I'm still thinking they are Tatiana's pilots given how they are dressed, their old-style headgear, and when they are shown in the OP, it'll be interesting to see how they are introduced, I really expected them to make their appearance when the ship did or last ep when Fam and the others got off the bridge so now I'm curious who they end up being or if they'll return to the ship for how they make their entrance. Having a couple of them being Guild wouldn't necessarily be a problem either since we've had a few plus after the fall of Delphine. I hope that's the case, it would be interesting to have a Guild pilot or two and their reactions to piloting oldschool vanship fighters.

Last edited by DangerMouse; 2011-11-19 at 00:48.
DangerMouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 00:19   Link #1039
stormwaltzing
Little Master

Hi guys. Some discussion on tumblr about a group poster that never found its way onto the internet prompted me to scan it in since I have it. Do we like awesome group images yes we do.

As for Episode 6, I'll probably have more coherent thoughts when there's a sub, but...

Spoiler for o_o:
Old 2011-11-19, 01:22   Link #1040
djmaca
My Girl ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormwaltzing View Post
Hi guys. Some discussion on tumblr about a group poster that never found its way onto the internet prompted me to scan it in since I have it. Do we like awesome group images yes we do.

As for Episode 6, I'll probably have more coherent thoughts when there's a sub, but...

Spoiler for o_o:

I would like to take this time to tell the people who are complaining that FtSW isn't serious: "I. TOLD. YOU. SO."

Tags
adventure, science fiction