AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Spice and Wolf

Notices

Old 2017-03-09, 12:28   Link #2061
AP24

There's another Spring Log volume:

狼と香辛料XIX Spring LogII
http://dengekibunko.jp/newreleases/978-4-04-892891-5/
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-22, 12:11   Link #2062
spartaman1999

Finale

So, I've seen a lot of you discussing about the relationship between Holo and Lawrence or how their relationship would turn out. Instead of following speculations, let's look to the light novel.

First, let's clear up some misunderstandings.

1) Even at the end of the series, Holo and Lawrence are not dead, so please don't go on speculating what would happen in the future in their relationship.

2) Lawrence is the first person Holo fell in love with. She mentions other people in the past, but she was never close with them because of her fear of them dying before her. The only reason she mentions them is to tease Lawrence.

Some of you seem to think that due to the problem of mortality/immortality, Lawrence will eventually pass away, leaving Holo to search for another companion. And most people get this idea out of the dialogue between Holo and Lawrence, where although Lawrence does not like the idea of Holo finding another man, he is willing to accept it if it will make Holo happy. The purpose of this dialogue is to show the development in Lawrence's character, nothing else. Yes, Lawrence is likely to die before Holo, but the chance that Holo finds another companion is highly unlikely. Why? Because 18 volumes of the series have been dedicated to their journey/relationship. It makes no sense for them to settle and have a child, only for Holo to start another adventure after Lawrence dies. She has already had enough of the adventure, there's a reason why she and Lawrence decided to settle somewhere instead of pursuing a merchant life.

Now, a key theme in the story was about living in the present, not in the past or future. This is significant because at first, Holo never got into an intimate relationship because of her immortality. But she meets Lawrence and learns to live in the present, not having to worry about what would happen in the future should Lawrence die before her. Lawrence will probably pass away before Holo, but he has left behind the osen and their daughter, which is where Holo will settle. DO NOT stretch this any further and think that the theme means for her to move on and find another companion for herself. No, the osen is where she has settled happily with her daughter. Stop trying to apply real-life logic into a fantasy/supernatural story, if this story was truly realistic, then it wouldn't have reached 10 volumes.

Please do not be influenced by trolls and ruin such a wonderful masterpiece of 18 volumes for yourself. The series ended with Lawrence, Holo, and their daughter, not Holo standing over Lawrence's grave. Another good thing to keep in mind would be that Holo had a conversation with someone about her immortality for her relationship with Lawrence. Hint Hint

And remember to keep an eye out for the Spice and Wolf sequel New Theory, as it may have information of what would happen to Holo and Lawrence's relationship in the future.
spartaman1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-25, 04:24   Link #2063
Prongs
Grand Duke of Lolitania

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartaman1999 View Post

Lawrence will probably pass away before Holo, but he has left behind the osen and their daughter, which is where Holo will settle. DO NOT stretch this any further and think that the theme means for her to move on and find another companion for herself. No, the osen is where she has settled happily with her daughter.

The series ended with Lawrence, Holo, and their daughter, not Holo standing over Lawrence's grave. Another good thing to keep in mind would be that Holo had a conversation with someone about her immortality for her relationship with Lawrence. Hint Hint

Holo and Lawrence Daughter... Is it puppy??
Awwww the daughter is soo adorable..

Actually I was hope for this to happen.. I mean she's wolf right??

Lol
Old 2017-04-23, 04:31   Link #2064
lucasdeis

Hey guys any idea how many sales does this franchise has?
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 06:32   Link #2065
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Amazon may have botched delivery of the last 4 volumes of the series I ordered. Gah!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-05-16, 14:23   Link #2066
AP24

Just realized the new Spring Log volume came out last week. Does anyone know what happens in the new volume?
Old 2017-05-16, 17:30   Link #2067
El Rue
Otherworld Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
Just realized the new Spring Log volume came out last week. Does anyone know what happens in the new volume?
Oh, you know...

http://imgur.com/a/FvdKT

...some stuff.
Old 2017-05-16, 21:46   Link #2068
AP24

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rue View Post
Oh, you know...

http://imgur.com/a/FvdKT

...some stuff.
That's from the second volume of Col and Myuri series that came out few months ago. I meant the second volume of the one about Holo and Lawrence that came out a week ago.
Old 2017-06-08, 09:35   Link #2069
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

4 volumes of the novel I ordered finally arrived... 2 months late. Then again Amazon refunded the cost of the books so I essentially got them for free.

So... score?
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-10, 16:36   Link #2070
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by spartaman1999 View Post
So, I've seen a lot of you discussing about the relationship between Holo and Lawrence or how their relationship would turn out. Instead of following speculations, let's look to the light novel.

First, let's clear up some misunderstandings.

1) Even at the end of the series, Holo and Lawrence are not dead, so please don't go on speculating what would happen in the future in their relationship.

2) Lawrence is the first person Holo fell in love with. She mentions other people in the past, but she was never close with them because of her fear of them dying before her. The only reason she mentions them is to tease Lawrence.

Some of you seem to think that due to the problem of mortality/immortality, Lawrence will eventually pass away, leaving Holo to search for another companion. And most people get this idea out of the dialogue between Holo and Lawrence, where although Lawrence does not like the idea of Holo finding another man, he is willing to accept it if it will make Holo happy. The purpose of this dialogue is to show the development in Lawrence's character, nothing else. Yes, Lawrence is likely to die before Holo, but the chance that Holo finds another companion is highly unlikely. Why? Because 18 volumes of the series have been dedicated to their journey/relationship. It makes no sense for them to settle and have a child, only for Holo to start another adventure after Lawrence dies. She has already had enough of the adventure, there's a reason why she and Lawrence decided to settle somewhere instead of pursuing a merchant life.

Now, a key theme in the story was about living in the present, not in the past or future. This is significant because at first, Holo never got into an intimate relationship because of her immortality. But she meets Lawrence and learns to live in the present, not having to worry about what would happen in the future should Lawrence die before her. Lawrence will probably pass away before Holo, but he has left behind the osen and their daughter, which is where Holo will settle. DO NOT stretch this any further and think that the theme means for her to move on and find another companion for herself. No, the osen is where she has settled happily with her daughter. Stop trying to apply real-life logic into a fantasy/supernatural story, if this story was truly realistic, then it wouldn't have reached 10 volumes.

Please do not be influenced by trolls and ruin such a wonderful masterpiece of 18 volumes for yourself. The series ended with Lawrence, Holo, and their daughter, not Holo standing over Lawrence's grave. Another good thing to keep in mind would be that Holo had a conversation with someone about her immortality for her relationship with Lawrence. Hint Hint

And remember to keep an eye out for the Spice and Wolf sequel New Theory, as it may have information of what would happen to Holo and Lawrence's relationship in the future.
honestly while i love this serie and all the romance and everything and is one of the top few novels in my book, i don't mind if when laurence die she can find another person, the way you talk look very selfish, you looks like want her to be forever "alone" mourning for his losing... which i feel very bad and selfish, while i love they love and schemistry, i don't mind after lawrence die and her daughter or others childrens decide to "leave" and go on they own jorney, she have a chance with another nice guy like lawrence, she don't even need leavey her "onsen" family, just a good guy need come and help her be happy and have someone to share her life as much as she can, this is what means happiness, for everyone live your life with full happiness, one thing is she "cheating" him another is the guy die and after that she can get another chance, while the serie is about "presente" this also means which "her future" can become a "present too later" and this is important to her, i really feel you being too selifish here on your post.

again i know which the novel was about her jorney with him and i love both but this don't means which want to see her "alone again" just because i believe she must only love him and not have anyone else after it, it's really greedy and selfish thing the most important is they happiness then if he die happy i really doubt he could want to have her "alone again" after he vanish since he was the one to helping her make sure she not be alone again at last as long he is sticking here.

also while she can last "very long" asfar i remember also was told which she is not "immortal" in the sence of never die, but she just have a really looooonnnng life span which could take some hundred/ thousand of years before she gonna die too and during that time she find happiness for her is not bad, as long she is happy and none is taking advantage of her and it is a "real love" i really don't see it as a problem, ofcourse we never gonna know about it but for sure the writer not intended to say which she now is obligated to never even have any other love after lawrence kick the bucket for sure.
Old 2017-07-07, 11:29   Link #2071
InfinityDragonGod

Old 2017-07-10, 13:36   Link #2072
Panzercracker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacredus View Post
http://yenpress.com/2016/08/spice-an...-announcement/

Spoiler for example from YP Twitter:
The YP printing look cool, the layout is just like an medieval style book, cooler than Vietnamese version, but the words look too small for me. I want to buy the English version books alongside my Vietnamese version too, but Amazon avoid shipping to Vietnam .
Panzercracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-10-20, 12:16   Link #2073
lucasdeis

no spoilers for the new volumes or the new light novel series?
lucasdeis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-07, 00:03   Link #2074
AP24

New Spring Log volume comes out in January. I wonder how long the new series will last.

Tags
light novels, seinen, shounen