AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-03-16, 10:04   Link #1281
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Don't forget that the german ehr roman girl knows a different version of the maidens story, and probably the truth about the angel. The part about getting aid by a spider is probably true and related to the spidertanks. I bet one internet that it was the same tank noel was repairing the entire time.

Now the part with watering the burning head... I think the maidens did not just "held" the head... but actually became part of it. Maybe its not a head that is missing, but a cockpit. And the cockpit is dangerous if not manned by a pilot. Because maybe a clever engineer installed a selfdestruction device in case the pilot got killed. They didnt want their Angel of Destruction in the wrong hands, afterall. So the maidens manned the cockpit taking turns, getting fresh water and food from the villagers, and after one year, the powercells run out of juice and the weapon deactivated/died. It was now safe to leave the cockpit.

The question is, who built such a fked up weapon and used it against whom?
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 12:31   Link #1282
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post

Now the part with watering the burning head... I think the maidens did not just "held" the head... but actually became part of it. Maybe its not a head that is missing, but a cockpit. And the cockpit is dangerous if not manned by a pilot. Because maybe a clever engineer installed a selfdestruction device in case the pilot got killed. They didnt want their Angel of Destruction in the wrong hands, afterall. So the maidens manned the cockpit taking turns, getting fresh water and food from the villagers, and after one year, the powercells run out of juice and the weapon deactivated/died. It was now safe to leave the cockpit.

Remember fossil in the bottom of the lake? Its organic. A frakking laser spewing bio weapon.

On Aisha's grandmother who was at one time a Fortress Maiden chances are she was likely raped and developed Stockholm Syndrome for her captor. She starts telling Aisha about Seize but the official Roman religion has a misplaced and different take on the creatures that destroyed human civilization.

I think somewhere between episodes they found a tank depot where they got parts for Tank-kun. This is the Spider part of the legend.

As for Noel being hidden chances are before Illiya died she had Noel hidden with her little sister on the quiet unassuming Clocktower Fortress.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 12:39   Link #1283
Syntron
Shiny Hardware

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Remember fossil in the bottom of the lake? Its organic. A frakking laser spewing bio weapon.
That doesnt rule out the possibilty of it being piloted by an organic lifeform.
Syntron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 12:54   Link #1284
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
...Mamiko Noto's German sounds passable I think....
The end-credits say Aishia was played by Miyahara Nami.

As for people's reaction to the ED, I myself didn't find it that jarring. It was like the happy days before (and hopefully after) all this stuff happens.

This show seems to specialize in switching back and forth suddenly from sweet slice-of-life to something harsher. I was more disturbed by the cartoony villain commander, whose leering character design seemed much less subtle than the rest.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 13:18   Link #1285
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The end-credits say Aishia was played by Miyahara Nami.
He's referring to Yumina.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 13:21   Link #1286
Natsukah
EVA fangirl

Send a message via MSN to Natsukah
Quote:
It's funny how the stereotypes rule our minds. 5 seconds before Yumina started to talk with Aisha I was already preparing myself to hear an awfully spoken german. But it wasn't bad.
Natsukah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 14:37   Link #1287
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
The end-credits say Yumina is played by Fukuen Misato.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Old 2010-03-16, 16:45   Link #1288
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

Episode 11... Yeah, this episode was pretty interesting especially with
Spoiler for Episode 11:

Rating: 9.4/10
Old 2010-03-16, 17:15   Link #1289
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
As for the cliffhanger at the end of 11:

Spoiler:
Old 2010-03-16, 17:26   Link #1290
Roardel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay911 View Post
As for the cliffhanger at the end of 11:

Spoiler:
It sounds dramatic. But I say Noel's fallen on the floor. And she's taking back of Aisha.
Roardel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 17:38   Link #1291
NaweG
Just some guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roardel View Post
It sounds dramatic. But I say Noel's fallen on the floor. And she's taking back of Aisha.
And here I was guessing that Felicia decided to "solve" the problem and we'd start the next episode with a certain smiling male officer suddenly spitting blood before falling over. But then I'm still hoping for a "happy" ending.
Old 2010-03-16, 19:01   Link #1292
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

The glowing letters danced on the watch-post in the hills after the soldiers passed it. I'm guessing they key an alert system that communicates with...the recently refurbished Takemikazuchi?
Old 2010-03-16, 19:16   Link #1293
Hypernova

Location: Virgo Supercluster, Milky Way, Orion Arm, Sol, Earth, Taiwan
If they are an early warning system then more likely is that there is a receiver at HQ. Hence it's HQ calling them not the other way around.
Hypernova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 19:16   Link #1294
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
The glowing letters danced on the watch-post in the hills after the soldiers passed it. I'm guessing they key an alert system that communicates with...the recently refurbished Takemikazuchi?
Really? I was under the impression that they activated ... but what you say fits in with the sudden appearance of Helvetia's army
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 19:22   Link #1295
passin'gass
Cropduster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syntron View Post

An uncontrolled (headless) nuclear reactor needs a lot of water as coolant doesn't it? That lake would have served as a heat absorber with the maidens monitoring water (and radiation) levels. Those glowing bones means that biotech weapon is still "hot" after all this time.
passin'gass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 19:29   Link #1296
Eater of All
NOM

I just love how casual the music was when bombshells were (almost literally) getting dropped left and right.

Anyways, looks like it's finally time to bring out the big smackdown in the war front of the plot. I've always suspected Noel of having a crazy past, but I never would've thought she'd be connected to nearly every one of the 93471 plot threads in SoW. Noel's age obviously precludes her from having anything to do with the true origins of the Angel, but given how her intelligence is enough to make Einstein go hang himself in shame, I have a feeling that she was given the task of reviving the Angel for the army's use. That Colonel bastard certainly seems messed up enough to do it, and in fact, he (and loli Noel) might've already succeeded, if Kureha's "They say he brought weapons back from the old age" is of any indication.

So basically, the Colonel is going to reveal his pet Angel (Demon) next episode, and the girls (Maidens) are going to use their Takemikazuchi (Spider) to kill it.
Old 2010-03-16, 21:09   Link #1297
vedicardi
Well I FEEL normal..

Quote:
Originally Posted by chikorita157 View Post
Episode 11... Yeah, this episode was pretty interesting especially with
Spoiler for Episode 11:

Rating: 9.4/10
watch it on CR. They translated it I'm pretty sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
I just love how casual the music was when bombshells were (almost literally) getting dropped left and right.

Anyways, looks like it's finally time to bring out the big smackdown in the war front of the plot. I've always suspected Noel of having a crazy past, but I never would've thought she'd be connected to nearly every one of the 93471 plot threads in SoW. Noel's age obviously precludes her from having anything to do with the true origins of the Angel, but given how her intelligence is enough to make Einstein go hang himself in shame, I have a feeling that she was given the task of reviving the Angel for the army's use. That Colonel bastard certainly seems messed up enough to do it, and in fact, he (and loli Noel) might've already succeeded, if Kureha's "They say he brought weapons back from the old age" is of any indication.

So basically, the Colonel is going to reveal his pet Angel (Demon) next episode, and the girls (Maidens) are going to use their Takemikazuchi (Spider) to kill it.
Seems like you're forgetting the enemy army is coming towards them
vedicardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 21:12   Link #1298
yoropa
Director

This episode was especially interesting because of

Spoiler for Episode 11:

I'm anticipating the finale!
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-03-16, 21:13   Link #1299
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaweG View Post
And here I was guessing that Felicia decided to "solve" the problem and we'd start the next episode with a certain smiling male officer suddenly spitting blood before falling over. But then I'm still hoping for a "happy" ending.
But that IS a happy ending....Colonel scum certainly deserves it...

@ those saying that the fossil is the Colonel's weapon.....it's far, far older than all of them.....the Old Era civilization was wiped out fighting it...what it is and where it came from can only be guessed at. And reviving a corpse certainly is a tall order...
Old 2010-03-17, 00:28   Link #1300
Bikerider
Senior Rider of Bikes

I'm thinking this may be a all in move by the Romans. An attempt to grab ancient tech based on a myth / story. They lose here, they won't have any army left to fight with.. That's my speculation.
Bikerider is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, music, seinen, slice of life