Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-06-12, 22:39   Link #21
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Undertaker View Post
Except the difference there was that Akainu believe what he did was in the name of justice and was absolutely needed while Lucci, IMO, uses justice and his position as CP9 as excuses for his murdering urges.

With that being said, he acts more like a Shikibukai and privateer. He even stated that the only reason he chose CP9 was because they were given license to kill, Bond style. As such, while I agree that Lucci was a killing machine, I won't call him a puppet.

The mini-story, to me, flashes out much more of his character. CP9 stays intact despite Jabra's original jealousy of Lucci. They even nursed him back to health. This shows me that at least he is charismatic enough to earn the loyalties of CP9. Later to lead CP9 to save villagers and take down Marines that were after them then declare revenge on Spandem all shows me that Lucci is not just a "yes-man" to WG.

Personally I would love to heard news about him and CP9 forming the "Zoo Pirates"

BTW, speaking of Lucci, one little thing comes to my mind. Lucci mentioned that unlike popular believe, he's convinced that Zoan type is the strongest. With the clarification on Haki, I have to say his claim has some solid basis. With Haki in play, Zoan base does seem to have the biggest advantage over other 2 types, makes me wnder that Lucci knows the existence of Haki just has not got the time to master it.
Good point about zoan fruits. Agree that given haki, increased physical abilities is potentially very dangerous. However, let's not forget that the other types of fruits give superb benefits too.

For example, logias don't just give them the ability to become "insubstantial" it also gives them powers like in Akainu's case, to burn and melt people.They also appear to be able to supplement their movement speeds using the logia powers.

The other class of fuits ( I forgot the name) essentially makes them meta humans. The nero nero beam would give any one a fighting chance unless you were fighting jozu.

OT, but just thought of it, any one thinks Buggy could get an upgrade to his powers so that he can split even more finely? coupled with haki, a shower of buggy parts would be pretty damaging. So that he won't be such a joker (pun not intended) villian.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 00:08   Link #22
Rurik
Golden

Hey what about Wapol? If you have to look back at each villain in their respective arc, I would include Him, Spandman and Arlong.

But I have to say the one that I hated the most of all of them was Spandman, how he abused of Robin when she was restrained is one of my most vivid scenes from One Piece.
Old 2011-06-13, 00:26   Link #23
Undertaker

Wopal isn't much of a villain, at most he was just a mid-boss.

But with that being said. I personally thinks he's as evil as Tenryubito in the way that they are the products of their upbringings and their evilness lies more in their ignorance.
Old 2011-06-13, 01:46   Link #24
marvelB

The funny thing about Wapol is that his father was actually strongly indicated to be a kind, just ruler. However, dear ol' dad spoiled him, which is what led him to be what he became by the Drum arc. Part of me wonders if the previous king intended to train his son in political affairs at a later age but met an untimely death before he had the chance to. If that were the case, then I'd say that Wapol would sorta kinda be OP's equivalent of tsar Nicholas II.

But with that being said..... Wapol did at LEAST redeem himself somewhat by becoming a successful toy maker.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 07:32   Link #25
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
The funny thing about Wapol is that his father was actually strongly indicated to be a kind, just ruler. However, dear ol' dad spoiled him, which is what led him to be what he became by the Drum arc. Part of me wonders if the previous king intended to train his son in political affairs at a later age but met an untimely death before he had the chance to. If that were the case, then I'd say that Wapol would sorta kinda be OP's equivalent of tsar Nicholas II.

But with that being said..... Wapol did at LEAST redeem himself somewhat by becoming a successful toy maker.
did they cheak his toys for lead poisoning?

I suspect the father was just too kind. You do need to be strict and "mean" sometimes to be a good dad and raise a good kid. Actually, as I recall it, indications was that the king was loved, not good or just. So he could just have been too obliging and concerned about the people. In some ways, you can be a bad king (in governance) but loved by your people.
Hisoka?? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-13, 20:52   Link #26
Undertaker

Speaking of Wapol and current storyline,

With some people thinking this arc might lead to Strawhats make appearance/detour to Mariejoa and the Reverie.

You know what I would love to see, a brief reunion between Strawhats and ViVi
Old 2011-06-13, 22:10   Link #27
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
With some people thinking this arc might lead to Strawhats make appearance/detour to Mariejoa and the Reverie.
Wait, how could they do that? Mariejoa is at the top of the Red Line, directly above Fishmen Island, isn't it?
Old 2011-06-13, 23:12   Link #28
Undertaker

Don't ask me, I'm not the one that came up with these theory.

Those who theorize it don't take the how into question. They just assume that since Hody's aim is to eliminate the petition and that Reverie is coming up they soon heading to Mariejoa with Luffy & co. on their tail.......
Old 2011-06-13, 23:19   Link #29
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Those who theorize it don't take the how into question.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of.
Old 2011-06-14, 10:43   Link #30
marvelB

The theory spawned from the most recent chapter's implication that the new merman pirates' plans would involve the Reverie somehow. Personally, I have many reservations about the current storyline going to Mariejoa myself (it still feels way too early for Luffy and co. to travel to the heart of the WG at this point in the story), but I do still think it would be kind of an interesting idea as long as it's an extremely short visit (so we don't see everything the holy land has to offer at once)......
Old 2011-06-21, 12:24   Link #31
upiro

I think Trafalgar Law would make a pretty formidable villain and enemy, among all the Supernovas out there. He’s a pretty mysterious guy. Before the time skip, he saved Luffy’s life and even before that, seemed to get along with him in Shabondy. He didn’t try to take advantage of Luffy in his unconscious state by stealing his straw-hat or by doing something nefarious to his body.

But, Oda has mentioned several times now, through the mouths of different characters, that he has a notorious reputation for cruelty. With his strange powers of manipulating any object that come close to him, I can sorta see how he’d be able to torture people’s lives and mess them up (literally!). He obviously wants to get One Piece but he’s shown himself to be very intelligent and seems to have his own unique plan which we know nothing about yet.

There’s no guarantee that he’s going to be buddy-buddy with the Strawhats when he meets them again. Out of all the old Supernovas, I think he’s the one to watch for and will probably cause the biggest problems for Luffy. Even more than Eustass Kidd.

Call it a hunch …
upiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-28, 06:07   Link #32
DeadBonesDooM

I agree with upiro, he seems a strange person in anime and manga, hes real personality is mystery.
Well I'm sure there will be more and even more vicious villains coming out in future .
Personally I see Kaido as a strong villain, he has yet to appear tho.
Old 2011-07-01, 05:47   Link #33
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
In short, most contemptible would probably go to the World Nobles. They're a bunch of spoiled, weak, cowardly, elitist, snobs that blatantly abuse their power. The WG tries to show that they care for the betterment of the world, and yet they let these idiots run amok committing acts that are illegal/simply wrong. There's really not much else to these power-hungry bastards. Anyone but their kind is considered inferior to them; quite one-dimensional, I must say.
I have to agree on this one. The nobles pretty much define the word. The worst thing about them is that they actually believe their deeds are justified, and that they believe it, because they've been raised that way. With guys like these you cannot reason. You can't tell them they're wrong, because for them, to accept that truth would mean to throw away their entire view of the world. That's why that one punch of Luffy's was so incredibly satisfying back then.^^
Old 2011-07-05, 21:41   Link #34
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

Anyone for Blackbeard? I think we can all see him as being the final villain of One Piece.

And here's a fun theory:
If BonClay actualy died in Impel Down, then it'd be cool if Black Beard stole his power. Think about it, he could have just been hiding it from everyone during the Whitebeard war. His Earthquake hand changes his form and then his Darkness hand returns to normal (or vice versa). It's also another reason for Luffy to want to kick his ass "You killed BonClay!" How cool would it be if the Strawhat crew had to re-use the "X" marks!! And think of all the people blackbeard touched! Whitebeard, Shanks, even Ace!! ( Perhaps he touched Gol Roger years ago! O.o ) I have to say, that would be the most epic twist ive ever seen in One Piece. *Fingers crossed*

But anyways.. with the way things are currently, I think Blackbeard disserves a spot in our rankings (=
Cant wait to see him post time-skip!! ( Hopefully with a beard that looks just like the real life Blackbeard xD )

Last edited by PixelCreek; 2011-07-05 at 22:15. Reason: big spelling mistake -_-
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 00:33   Link #35
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I think this one has to go to Crocodile for me of the villains I've seen so far (I'm just at the beginning of the Enies Lobby Arc). He used pretty much everyone he possibly could (Robin, Vivi, The King of Arabasta) and even went so far as to betray an entire nations trust in him. Up until that point every arcs villain seemed to be getting more and more evil and vile to me (Oda really knows how to set it up so you can really cheer for Luffy to lay the beat down), but Eneru and Rob Lucci almost seem like a step down in comparison to Crocodile. Eneru was pretty to the point and Lucci seems the same so far, both just do what comes naturally to them, but Crocodile seemed especially malicious and like he really enjoyed betraying and using everyone.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 10:15   Link #36
namihoogirl

Zoro (he's just awesome, strong without devil fruit, has green hair and three swords. his promise to Kuina is kind of cute.)
namihoogirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-02, 10:35   Link #37
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by namihoogirl View Post
Zoro (he's just awesome, strong without devil fruit, has green hair and three swords. his promise to Kuina is kind of cute.)
Uh... I think you got your threads mixed up...
Old 2011-08-02, 11:40   Link #38
marvelB

Well, seeing as this thread's been bumped, I guess I'll put another addition to my list:

So, anyone who's been reading the recent chapters should have no trouble agreeing with me when I say that Hody Jones ranks pretty high up there on the "detestable" list, even if the current conflict hasn't been resolved yet. I mean, the guy's so engulfed in his hatred for humanity that he's even willing to harm his fellow fish-brothers, something that even Arlong would never do. And not only that, he even killed the benevolent mermaid queen and had even planned to exterminate not only the rest of the royal family, but thousands of innocent fish-folk whose only "sin" was their willingness to coexist with humanity. Plus, when you add his reliance on life-threatening drugs to the equation, you can see that we have a real demon on our hands.....

.....Actually, I wonder if this would make Arlong the bigger monster here? I mean, he had the greatest influence on Hody in the first place. We saw in the recent flashback that he was always disdainful of humanity, even though he was never a slave himself (unlike his "big brother" Tiger). Hody's crew even specifically said that they had inherited his "will" as the "rage" of the mermen, which was one of the top excuses for their extremist actions. So between Arlong and Hody, which one deserves more blame? Or are they equally guilty of their actions? That's something to ponder......
Old 2011-08-05, 10:57   Link #39
DeadBonesDooM

Arlong is mastermind behind teh story haha.
Well I think Arlong or Caribou (the one of the "new" super rookies[with numa-numa no mi]) would make good new villains . Let's wait and see what will happen.
Old 2011-08-06, 11:30   Link #40
Casshern

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Hey what about Wapol? If you have to look back at each villain in their respective arc, I would include Him, Spandman and Arlong.

But I have to say the one that I hated the most of all of them was Spandman, how he abused of Robin when she was restrained is one of my most vivid scenes from One Piece.
I totally agree with those three. With those three, Oda made it simply too easy to hate them. You really got a sense of satisfaction watching Luffy pulverize Wapol and Arlong, and when Robin broke Spandam's spine, that was like a moment of catharsis! I really wanted to punch those three through my monitor! Crocodile would definitely be among these guys if Oda hadn't suddenly made him cool in Impel Down, and let him kinda redeem himself.

Blackbeard is just as despicable, and while I definitely hate him, Oda has actually given him some characteristics that are just confusing. Like, when he talks about dreams and adventure he sounds just like Luffy, and that makes him despicable but also kinda epic.

Don Krieg was a real scumbag in the way he harmed his own subordinates, but he was such a small chapter in the OP history that I don't view him as anything more than Kuroneko v2.0. Then there's Buggy, who is basically just comic relief these days IIRC he never really did anything particularly vile. Same goes for Alvida. I kind of liked some of CP9, particularly Kaku, Blueno and Kalifa. I remember back then we were speculating if Kaku would become the new shipwright. At first I liked him more than Frankie, as I suspect most others did too. Then he turned into a giraffe and in my heart I heard every OP forum say with one voice LAAAAAAAAME!

I can't hate Gekko Moriah because if there was no Gekko, there would be no Nightmare Luffy. Easily one of the most epic moments in OP (along with monster Chopper).
Casshern is offline   Reply With Quote