Notices

Old 2011-07-13, 23:41   Link #21
D-Gold
Aurum

I foresee many close calls regarding that mirror in the future
Old 2011-07-13, 23:58   Link #22
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

The gimmick is way more stretched than Mx0.

In Mx0 when it was cancelled it was well on its way of expanding the main conceit, M0's uses and flexibility -- in an already dynamic, overtly magical environment. This mirror thing is going to be a lot harder to carry along.

That said, good first chapter, likable characters, nice main couple, she's not an airhead for once, a lot of fun -- I'm going to enjoy this ride, long or shot.

Oh, and one more thing:

can i has Lucy cameo plz?
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 00:48   Link #23
Tiberium Wolf

I think this will be axed before Mx0. Mirror restriction is way too big.
Old 2011-07-14, 07:53   Link #24
Narzia
┐(-。ー')┌

Unlike Mx0 this one already has a clear goal from the beginning: to get out of the mirror world. It is something, but honestly I can't see this for dragging on for a 100 chapters like Mx0 did without introducing new plot elements.

What I did like (except from the delicious, delicious art) was the surprise that the MC and the girl already start out as friends and I quite like her attitude.

Still, I can't see this going on for a long time.
Narzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-14, 09:19   Link #25
jzmagic
flargansbog

I know people don't want to invest themselves in a new series for fear of it being cut short, but I think you just need to enjoy it. The same kind of sentiment was there for Magico, with people saying it was going to get canceled very quickly, yet it's doing quite strong.
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 03:23   Link #26
SwiftAsLeaves

First impressions and i dislike this manga, mx0 and pretty face are way better than this, the main character.. dislikable again another character getting a nosebleed just because of panties how old that joke was, 10 years 20 years??
SwiftAsLeaves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 08:24   Link #27
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

wow! with this kind of misunderstanding development, I'm sure this manga has a potential..... hopefully they don't stop this manga
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 10:56   Link #28
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

..That was interesting. I didn't expect that swapping at the last page when I began to read it...I mean, I thought all those mirror swapping ideas were already good enough for me to try to continue reading this, but then the ending gave me a surprise with that swap

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 11:15   Link #29
Excorsism

Is it so bad to at least let the main heroine know who the protagonist has a crush on? Damn it!
Old 2011-07-15, 11:35   Link #30
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 13:02   Link #31
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Chapter 2 is out there already, certainly it looks like the main point of the series is going to discover more characteristics from the mirror.

Right now we only have "the setting", the series could pretty much go into many directions (action, comedy, mystery, murder, who knows what else); it feels like purposely Kano is leaving things "open" so that they can be tweaked later as input comes... With that I suppose that he doesn't really want to get cancelled for once.

As usual, his characters do have a certain charm to it, but at the same time the characters are simple and thus too many things ride on how things will develop. One of the main issues with his previous works was originality, but at least this series feels like an improvement over his past works in that regard; it's not ground breaking but at least it is developing it's own tone

Spoiler:
Old 2011-07-15, 14:17   Link #32
Athena
The Power of One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
I think this will be axed before Mx0. Mirror restriction is way too big.
Not in my opinion. I think that the author might go beyond the mirror, using it as a 'root' for many kind of stories. Things like 'parralel world through a mirror' might happen after the author gets no idea. (Though he should end if he thinks he can't draw anymore, instead of making it worse.)

I think I'll read this at least for another 5-6 chapters.
Old 2011-07-15, 14:49   Link #33
Shadow5YA

In my opinion, Mx0 dragged on for far too long without any real progress. Main protagonist likes the main girl, but the girl is too dense to figure it out. Continue forever until the series is axed.

Some quirky romantic comedy tied to magic shenanigans is fine, but there needs to be some steady character development or the series will get a little stale and probably axed the same was Mx0 was.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 16:00   Link #34
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

I really like the main girl so far. She shows the same goodwill as his previous leads, but she seems to be a bit more proactive and has more wits about her (the romantic misunderstanding excepting, poor thing). We'll see if this lasts.

Oh, and the way he got around the family problem was hilarious. Fly free young man.
Irenicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-15, 16:20   Link #35
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Will be honest and say I'm not too fond of the misunderstanding but it's not such a big problem that it takes anything away from the series, at least not yet anyway.
I wonder if we'll see her trying to get Tetsu and Saki together and what not.

But like my initial impression of Mao was so far spot on, I'm really quite liking her.

Still looking forward to more!
Old 2011-07-23, 18:44   Link #36
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Saki looks a bit like Kaoru from Amagami. Needless to say, that's GOOD.

Mao looks like the overdone heroine archetype.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 02:19   Link #37
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizuno View Post
Saki looks a bit like Kaoru from Amagami. Needless to say, that's GOOD.

Mao looks like the overdone heroine archetype.
Chapter 3 is out, and it's totally different from the other chapters but somewhat managed to keep up with the other 2 episodes in the sense that something important / a surprise popped up.

Spoiler:

BTW the support cast seems much more interesting here than in the other Yasuhiro series. Saki seems pretty cool and would probably be my favorite character if it where not for the sceptical blonde girl introduced in chapter 3.
Old 2011-07-24, 02:50   Link #38
Shadow5YA

I really hope this misunderstanding doesn't last long. If it does, then I'll probably lose interest from the lack of progress.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 05:11   Link #39
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I really hope this misunderstanding doesn't last long. If it does, then I'll probably lose interest from the lack of progress.
yup! but if the misunderstanding cleared, than that's it! It will be ending... xD

I really hope this manga will be a short one... if it's too long, I'll lost interest

the newest chapter is funny... ^^
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 05:21   Link #40
Johnny
Working the bags...

Even if the misunderstanding is cleared up. They would still have to figure out how to free Tetsu from the mirror. Also I wouldn't be too surprised if someone else falls victim to the mirror. I'd laugh if it was Saki...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, supernatural