AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Music

Notices

View Poll Results: favorite genre
Hip-Hop 26 3.92%
Rap 12 1.81%
Rock 175 26.36%
Country 6 0.90%
Heavy Metal 106 15.96%
Pop 59 8.89%
Classical 57 8.58%
Other... 223 33.58%
Voters: 664. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-07-23, 21:14   Link #401
wigglypuff
Banned

pop.......
wigglypuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-23, 23:37   Link #402
Tetra Vaal
Banned

Progressive Metal.
Tetra Vaal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 02:33   Link #403
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

I Picked Pop, just because I consider all other pop music sub genres "e.g. Pop-Rock J-Pop"

This may seem cliché, but this is only IF I had to pick a favorite! Really, I Love and appreciate all types of music! I love the oldies from 50's-80's! I find them fascinating, and you can really put you self in somebody shoes when you listen to that generations music, and you can really just imagine your self having a blast listening too that type music if you were living in that time! I think this is a good time to use the word 'hate' but I hate limitations! I Gauss that why I love The Beatles so much!
Afternoon Tea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 17:18   Link #404
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

I like a lot of Alternative Rock, Electronica (trance and stuff), and Classical. But depending on my mood I can listen to any amount of hard rock or metal or anything else, for that matter.
Old 2011-07-24, 18:27   Link #405
Melpomene
Disabled By Request

I have a varied musical taste. Though I think I gravitate towards instrumental and soundtracks more. I can appreciate other styles, though I struggle with genre's like country. I am not sure why, but I find country to be unbearable. I think the second musical genre I focus on is trance/progressive. With J-pop and C-pop/folk following close behind.
Melpomene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 18:40   Link #406
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Classic rock and most styles of Japanese music. From time to time I also love indulging myself in classical, jazz, blues, swing, funk and other forms of truly inspirational instrumental genres.

Edit: Didn't realize we were also posting genres we dislike. There are exceptions to this rule, but I hate anything that sounds repetitive and uninspired. I can respect some forms of rap but most of it sounds noisy and the lyrics sound distasteful. I also dislike country because most of it is the same thing. Hip-hop is just generally painful to my ears, along with heavy metal and screamo. Punk music for some reason makes me feel uneasy and anything with auto-tune is an absolute nightmare. That haunting sound of a human's voice taken over by a machine is simply unbearable.

An example of an exception to the rule- Eagles definitely have strong elements of country in their music, but it's just so inspired that I love it. "Take it Easy" is a great example.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-07-24 at 23:30.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-24, 22:04   Link #407
RandySyler
Onee-Chan Power~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpomene View Post
I have a varied musical taste. Though I think I gravitate towards instrumental and soundtracks more. I can appreciate other styles, though I struggle with genre's like country. I am not sure why, but I find country to be unbearable. I think the second musical genre I focus on is trance/progressive. With J-pop and C-pop/folk following close behind.
I really agree with you on country. I can't stand its style or content at all, ever.
Old 2011-07-24, 23:36   Link #408
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melpomene View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandySyler View Post
I really agree with you on country. I can't stand its style or content at all, ever.

I appreciate Country! More so old style Country (From 1940-1970) (e.g Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly) Country is basically one of the roots of rock & roll. I'm not soo fond of Modern day Country. My friend, and his family are straight up country. I remember going too his house, and all they would play is Modern Country music! Man some of those lyrics are depressing
Old 2011-07-24, 23:49   Link #409
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
I appreciate Country! More so old style Country (From 1940-1970) (e.g Elvis Presley, Buddy Holly) Country is basically one of the roots of rock & roll. I'm not soo fond of Modern day Country. My friend, and his family are straight up country. I remember going too his house, and all they would play is Modern Country music! Man some of those lyrics are depressing
I can respect that there were some heavily country-inspired songs from those two artists, but I'd place those two artists under the swing/rock genres.
It's actually interesting what people consider country, which is quite a wider range than everyone thinks.

I've had people think this famous Dire Straits song was country, but it's actually closer to rock.
Old 2011-07-25, 00:08   Link #410
Afternoon Tea
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
I can respect that there were some heavily country-inspired songs from those two artists, but I'd place those two artists under the swing/rock genres.
It's actually interesting what people consider country, which is quite a wider range than everyone thinks.

I've had people think this famous Dire Straits song was country, but it's actually closer to rock.
I agree, but again both contributed in creating Rockabilly, which is a mix of Country, Rhythm, Blues, ect. They took major influence from Country music stars, like Hank Williams which is why they sound so country.

A great example would be these two albums

-----

Also that is Such a Good song! It does sounds like country, but it does lean closer to Rock.

------------

Paul McCartney - Heart of the Country
This song sounds Country, but is classified as Rock, and alot of the Songs in this album 'Ram' Sounds Country, but is classified as Rock.
Old 2011-07-25, 00:14   Link #411
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

I remember those two albums, and the McCartney song as well. Rockabilly was a really cool genre as well.
Old 2011-07-25, 17:44   Link #412
Melpomene
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnAwesomee View Post
Hmm, I suppose I can say I am a fragment similar, but then I don't actively seek anything. Since at Xmas my foster family used to play Xmas music by country music stars from the time periods you mentioned. Regardless, I can't find myself exploring the genre though I am always willing to learn of something if it matters enough. On my own though I can't seem to have a desire to seek or learn about it.
Melpomene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-28, 02:38   Link #413
Revelation
lorem ipsum dolor sit ame
*Artist

I'm more of a classical fan, mostly baroque. Can't live without my Bach, Vivaldi, Handel, Pachelbel, Beethoven, and many others... Whenever people see my ipod they always look confused. Also, I do love when classical is remixed into something like techno or trance. I won't lie either, I pretty much listen to anything from Jpop to ambiance to Alternative rock, and a lot of game/anime OSTs.

Last edited by Revelation; 2011-07-28 at 03:24.
Revelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 00:41   Link #414
YuriEcchiGirl

Rock, then heavy metal, plus some indie for me
YuriEcchiGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-22, 03:07   Link #415
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

For me: Rock, Ballad, Instrumental (especially Movie, Game & Anime OST) and Traditional musics (there a lot kinds of traditional music in my country).
Old 2011-08-22, 03:20   Link #416
Haladflire65
*Artist

I think I might've posted here before but I think it's safe to say that my tastes probably changed a lot since then. My favourite genres would be J-pop (NOT that idol stuff >.<), J-rock, Heavy Metal and more specifically, Power Metal. I like melodic metal music a lot, which I discovered through bands like Iron Maiden and Kamelot I'd say my tastes are pretty odd for a Korean/Canadian teenager (for whom it's mostly K-pop and more K-pop)
Old 2011-08-22, 18:34   Link #417
Seishin
私は、和のかがみのココロ

Send a message via MSN to Seishin
My tastes are roughly similar to Haladflire's.

I mainly prefer rock and metal, most often symphonic,industrial,electronica,gothic, neo shock and punk. (Nightwish,Marilyn Manson, Xandria, Dope, Emilie Autumn,Rob Zombie, Powerman 5000,Nox Arcana etc...)Anything with an electroinic beat or a dark ominous tone will catch my attention
As far as Japanese music goes, I often listen to scandal, sNoW and Miwa, in addition to some of the Vocaloid creations (namely Gakupo, Luka and GUMI).
Old 2011-08-28, 22:00   Link #418
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm a Classical fan, but J-Pop is right below it.
Old 2011-08-31, 19:28   Link #419
Ak3mi
Tumble Rumble

I chose rap Just because ive been brought up with it and some of the good artists have got me through some tough times
Old 2011-08-31, 21:01   Link #420
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Country for me. Always has been my favorite genre, always will be.