AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-07-06, 11:48   Link #21
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
That worked in the 90s, but I don't think it'll fly (for very long) with modern Nanoha and/or Madoka fans.
Well screw them. And "worked in the 90s" is a rather odd sentiment, because Sailor Moon simply followed the Japanese Superhero format that has been kept up since 60s-70s and is still relevant now. It's odd how many people are blissfully unaware of Sailor Moon's origin as a female animated Super Sentai.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:03   Link #22
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Interesting.

I was not a fan of Sailor Moon when it was airing (anywhere). I got into it strictly based on the SMA version abridged series. When they got pulled off Youtube the last time I decided to look up the following episodes of Sailor Moon to run the abridged script machine in my head over the upcoming material. However what I was finding was the Japanese versions (not the dubbed versions the parody is based on). And I liked it and watched it up to the Stars episodes (where the source on episodes ran dry). There were things I found annoying, and things I enjoyed...but I kept watching.

Now, come 2013...20 years after Sailor Moon came...there have been many Magical Girl shows. There have even been shows that redefined how those shows should be...at least twice...possibly three times already (Sakura, Nanoha, Madoka). But from what I understand, the manga version of Sailor Moon is much more graphically violent than the anime...and could likely hold its own against the others.

Will Sailor Moon show the newbies how it is done? (well no...Usagi will be off crying someplace for a bit than (after her friends are down) decide to take matters into her own hands and "collateral damage" the solar system to take out the baddie.) Or will it be the same thing and not quite messure up to the likes of Nanoha and Madoka?

(It is sometimes unfortunate I watched the SMA version first as I continually have their references running in my head watching the show. Pretty much any time Tuxedo Mask shows up with his signature "attack/entry" I think of the voiced sound effect, "Rose!".)
Old 2012-07-06, 12:08   Link #23
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I hated sailor moon, because my friends called me gay for playin with a rose like the tux guy..... this was... when I was 10?
Old 2012-07-06, 12:12   Link #24
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
I hated sailor moon, because my friends called me gay for playin with a rose like the tux guy..... this was... when I was 10?
I hated Sailor Moon back then because you were expected to as a primary school boy, whilst fanboying over Dragonball Z.

Forgive my trolling for a second but ... In b4 Gen Urobuchi is announced as the head writer. Being Sailor Moon is suffering?

Someone had to say it
Old 2012-07-06, 12:14   Link #25
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

I loved DBZ haha, And I still love it.

If you say its trash because theres no plot, you're blind (Not directed at you Pocari)
Old 2012-07-06, 12:18   Link #26
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisaoFan View Post
I would like to see Chiibi being surprised by this news ! Anyways, a good news to me tough the classic anime remake trend isn't grand yet.
A topic on this was posted at my home-forum: ArinaFans.
Chiibi's mind has been blown. O__________O
Chiibi cannot wait.
I love the old anime series but the character development is so much better in the manga and so are the battles and the darker aspects.

A true-to-the-original manga-adapted anime is going to be FAN-F*CKING-TASTIC.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:20   Link #27
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
There have even been shows that redefined how those shows should be...at least twice...possibly three times already (Sakura, Nanoha, Madoka).
Please don't lump Nanoha and Madoka with Sailor Moon. They're really made with different production philosophies in mind and their age doesn't have anything to do with that. The mantle of Sailor Moon has been picked up by Doremi and afterwards Precure. Series that have magical girl elements but are meant to be for teenagers rather than kids are an entirely different beast.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:30   Link #28
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Series that have magical girl elements but are meant to be for teenagers rather than kids are an entirely different beast.
But it has been announced this new series is targeting an adult audience so they might just get a bit closer to Nanoha and Madoka this time around.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:33   Link #29
Utsuro no Hako

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Forgive my trolling for a second but ... In b4 Gen Urobuchi is announced as the head writer. Being Sailor Moon is suffering?

Someone had to say it
Nah, it'll be Okada. Mamoru will transform into a Sailor Scout instead of Tuxedo Mask.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:35   Link #30
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
But it has been announced this new series is targeting an adult audience so they might just get a bit closer to Nanoha and Madoka this time around.
True, but we were talking about the original there.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:46   Link #31
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post

Will Sailor Moon show the newbies how it is done? (well no...Usagi will be off crying someplace for a bit than (after her friends are down) decide to take matters into her own hands and "collateral damage" the solar system to take out the baddie.) Or will it be the same thing and not quite messure up to the likes of Nanoha and Madoka?
Sailor Moon herself is fine. Stronger than some magical girl leads, weaker than others. Probably a good balance, really.

The rest of the Sailor Senshi are excellent. Also a fair number of good-to-great antagonists.

Most of the Sailor Moon seasons had good final arcs. The Professor Tomoe season in particular had a fantastic final arc, imo. Actually, Sailor Moon does final arcs much better than Nanoha does (imo), and the best of them are even comparable to Madoka's final few episodes, imo.

The key will be keeping viewers interested until you get to the final arcs, which is where Sailor Moon truly shines, imo.

Side-note - Any word if Ikuhara is involved with this? He was involved a fair bit with the original Sailor Moon anime, and he recently returned to the anime world to do Penguin Drum. If he's on this Sailor Moon (2013) team then my interest is piqued even higher. The idea of Sailor Moon done to look like Penguin Drum is quite a nice thought to me.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:47   Link #32
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Triple_R, no, literally nothing is known about the staff.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:47   Link #33
Pocari_Sweat
<em style="color:#808080;">Disabled By Request</em>

Send a message via AIM to Pocari_Sweat Send a message via MSN to Pocari_Sweat
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Nah, it'll be Okada. Mamoru will transform into a Sailor Scout instead of Tuxedo Mask.
Dude... don't even joke about it because seriously it might actually happen. She's been working on high-profile or super-popular concepts lately like Lupin III, AKB0048 (I hear they are popular in mainstream J-pop culture) and Black Rock Shooter (vocaloids) so the probability is there.
Old 2012-07-06, 12:51   Link #34
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
Dude... don't even joke about it because seriously it might actually happen. She's been working on high-profile or super-popular concepts lately like Lupin III, AKB0048 (I hear they are popular in mainstream J-pop culture) and Black Rock Shooter (vocaloids) so the probability is there.
Yeah, I'm with you. I'm hoping that Okada isn't involved in this. I don't want to see Tuxedo Mask turn into Wedding Dress Mask...
Old 2012-07-06, 12:51   Link #35
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

It would be refreshing to see MomoClo covering a remake of "Moonlight Densetsu" opening theme of the original series.
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
Old 2012-07-06, 12:51   Link #36
Horse

My body is ready for more news.

Quote:
Well screw them.
Word. I for one do not want Sailor Moon pandering to Madoka fans interests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Madoka and Nanoha had adults as their target audience?
Old 2012-07-06, 13:00   Link #37
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

Quote:
Word. I for one do not want Sailor Moon pandering to Madoka fans interests.
Yeah, neither do I and I like Madoka.
Though if you read Naoko's comments about original manga, she was pretty upset how she couldn't do whatever she wanted with her characters in the manga originally (she planned to make Ami into a cyborg and kill her for example) but then in the anime they went ahead and killed the cast at the end. So... yeah.
I wonder how much control Naoko would want over this new production. She is really really protective of the series.
Old 2012-07-06, 13:01   Link #38
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Whoa.

Hmm... I wonder what they will do with this re-boot?

/mind running wild....
Old 2012-07-06, 13:06   Link #39
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horse View Post
Madoka and Nanoha had adults as their target audience?
Of course. The core target is anime fans (Otaku), males around 30 years old.

Still, I think Sailor Moon may try to retain its female audience too, so who knows how the series will end up looking... maybe it'll be like a somewhat more serious Precure.
Old 2012-07-06, 13:11   Link #40
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Yeah, neither do I and I like Madoka.
Though if you read Naoko's comments about original manga, she was pretty upset how she couldn't do whatever she wanted with her characters in the manga originally (she planned to make Ami into a cyborg and kill her for example) but then in the anime they went ahead and killed the cast at the end. So... yeah.
I wonder how much control Naoko would want over this new production. She is really really protective of the series.
Do you have any english sources on that, it sounds interesting.
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo