AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-10-28, 22:45   Link #481
velvet nightmare

well at least they tried to make an effort to make the first boss seem less cookie cutter - 'this guy is obviously evil so we have to fight him' and gave him a cause to fight for at least.

might as well keep watching this. always good to have a filler show to watch about an OP main character, and having a harem doesn't hurt either.
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 03:57   Link #482
Enternal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
WHY IS SHE SO GODDAMN CUTE AND LOVABLE???

WHY??? IT SHOULD BE A GODDAMN CRIME TO MAKE HER SO... SO...

*deep breath*

I almost died a couple of times squealing like a little girl.

Cheers
I gave up. Initially I felt wrong for watching this show mainly because of Yukina. Although I now watch this show not just because of Yukina, if it really is just for Yukina, I don't care. I will still watch it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilfriback View Post
I found hilarious that Yukina is more skilled with hand to hand magic combat than using her spear , she pulled out a Bruce Lee.
Spoiler for Light Novel Volume 1 Prologue:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Wow. That's... really good!
Enternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 08:32   Link #483
kagato3

She is not bad with a spear it is just they are not great close in fighting weapons and so far everthing she has fought has been able to stay close in on her.
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-29, 19:26   Link #484
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Just watched Episode 4.

Not a fan of how Kojo can regenerate from an actual decapitation. I'm generally not a fan of protagonists that are this hard to kill, as it often makes their action scenes much less intense, imo.

However, that's my only major complaint.

Yukina is a very likable, attractive, cute, and sensuous female lead. She has such an amazing blend of amusing and endearing character characteristics and traits. Her odd background notwithstanding, she's like the Girl Next Door type taken to its total pinnacle.

Kojo is a solid male lead. Just perverted enough to create some nice, sensuous scenes between him and Yukina. Also a guy with a good mix of thoughtful and hot-blooded.

The two leads continue to make up for the various weaknesses in this show. As along as I like them and their interactions, this should be a good keeper.
Old 2013-10-30, 06:56   Link #485
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

some may say that making the main girl so "sensuous" as RRR puts it detracts from the plot but i honestly can see why she's made that way. It actually contributes to the overall plot of them falling in love.

It's not just some generic anime bs where everything is always hinted at but it actually happens because the word of god said so.

I'm happy because of this. Sensuous female lead with actual romancing is a win win, blood sucking included or not.

Cheers

My fanfiction works include:

Tari Tari: Past and Present, As the Gentle Breeze Blows
Little Busters: Bird's Song
Sword Art Online: Vanquishing of the Laughing Coffin

My own works include: Social Fact
Arturia Polaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 08:11   Link #486
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
some may say that making the main girl so "sensuous" as RRR puts it detracts from the plot but i honestly can see why she's made that way. It actually contributes to the overall plot of them falling in love.
Agreed. It's very easy to imagine Kojo and Yukina ending up in a serious romance given their chemistry in the first four episodes.

I like how this is a pairing where the default position for both of them is to be friendly and nice to the other one. I find that a lot easier to swallow than a romance where the girl is typically tsun-tsun, and/or the guy is overwhelmingly shy and flustered.

I went with the term "sensuous", by the way, because that's my go-to-term for "sex appeal but with a touch of class/tastefulness". This feels more respectful to the female lead than a lot of ecchi-fanservice is.
Old 2013-10-30, 08:21   Link #487
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:

It's not just some generic anime bs where everything is always hinted at but it actually happens because the word of god said so.

I'm happy because of this. Sensuous female lead with actual romancing is a win win, blood sucking included or not.

Cheers
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
Agreed. It's very easy to imagine Kojo and Yukina ending up in a serious romance given their chemistry in the first four episodes.

I like how this is a pairing where the default position for both of them is to be friendly and nice to the other one. I find that a lot easier to swallow than a romance where the girl is typically tsun-tsun, and/or the guy is overwhelmingly shy and flustered.

I went with the term "sensuous", by the way, because that's my go-to-term for "sex appeal but with a touch of class/tastefulness". This feels more respectful to the female lead than a lot of ecchi-fanservice is.
Some people have complained that, compared to the other heroines that will make their debut, Yukina is the most boring heroine, but there's just something about her that makes her the best one.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 08:34   Link #488
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ To start, she doesn't act like a typical female heroine who smacks the male MC when he catches a glimpse of her pantsu, and she doesn't call the MC "BAKA HENTAI SHINE~!".
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 08:37   Link #489
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
^ To start, she doesn't act like a typical female heroine who smacks the male MC when he catches a glimpse of her pantsu, and she doesn't call the MC "BAKA HENTAI SHINE~!".
Well, yes there's that, but I was referring to how her personality doesn't stand out in any way.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 08:58   Link #490
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Some people have complained that, compared to the other heroines that will make their debut, Yukina is the most boring heroine, but there's just something about her that makes her the best one.
She's boring because she is the most calm and collected? oh come on. Just because he doesn't shoot bullets, whips you or shoot lightning she is boring. She is one most reasonable heroine now a days. She gets angry but won't go ballistic. She is willing to hear the reason of Kujou and most of all she is sub subservient type. Maybe because she was trained as a weapon or follow orders but at least she won't cost trouble.

She might be plain. But plain and simple is the best. Minato of p3 would agree with me
Old 2013-10-30, 09:01   Link #491
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

She does stand out in a completely normal fashion. She does not have any mental disorders like most anime girls and instead acts like a normal girl of her age. That is what I find totally endearing and lovable. She is just a little girl, the writer shows us that.

A kinda mature girl. But she isn't shown to be like the rest of the anime girls and stuff.

She stands out because she doesn't.

Or to quote rider from f/z. "I am perfect because I'm not in perfect condition"

Cheers

Old 2013-10-30, 09:23   Link #492
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
She does stand out in a completely normal fashion. She does not have any mental disorders like most anime girls and instead acts like a normal girl of her age. That is what I find totally endearing and lovable. She is just a little girl, the writer shows us that.

A kinda mature girl. But she isn't shown to be like the rest of the anime girls and stuff.

She stands out because she doesn't.

Or to quote rider from f/z. "I am perfect because I'm not in perfect condition"

Cheers

This pretty much. Disregarding her upbringing, she acts like a pretty normal teenage girl who doesn't become overly hotheaded. I really like Yukina a lot. I can't say the same for Kujou's other female friend right now. Tearing up his homework..really?!
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 09:38   Link #493
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Actually she did exactly that in episode 1 and wouldn't even listen Kojou's explanation about it. So she has some traits of "typical female" heroine as you say. That said, I think Yukina's more frank personality comes from the fact she was raised weapon for Simba.org. Under most circumstances she just views stuff as part of her mission which makes her somewhat "stiff" compared to others. Unfortunately this also makes her to unware of certain social norms and can easily lead to her being taken advantage of.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-30, 17:35   Link #494
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

Something I found in [insert un-nameable blog's name] which I found totally interesting and alluring.

Spoiler for NSFW:

I think we can all agree that she's the best female lead this season. (?????)

Cheers

Old 2013-10-30, 18:26   Link #495
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Something I found in [insert un-nameable blog's name] which I found totally interesting and alluring.

Spoiler for NSFW:

I think we can all agree that she's the best female lead this season. (?????)

Cheers
STRIKE THE NOSEBLOOD

NSFW
clearer version
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 02:09   Link #496
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

"Eh: You hurt her, she lost a little blood, it was a "safe-day" and the tests came back negative?"

That "mixed messages" scene in Episode 4 was a side-splitter!!
Old 2013-10-31, 04:30   Link #497
Ken Sanders
The Wanderer

The only thing that's lacking in that feisty pic of Yukina is Kojou sleeping sleeping beside her; and his half naked.

Now that's the perfect view in the morning.

Since he has the power to turn into mist, then he can slip through to her apartment during the night. And that's how you use your powers Kojou.

Believe it.
Ken Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 05:49   Link #498
Tenzen12

While I understand that normal girl is welcomed change from all tsunderes and co, personaly I can't say normality is something that great, it means her personality doesn't realy stand out. So I don't have problem say I found her far uninteresting compared to Asagi or that archer chick who despite not making any appearence yet is totaly my type.

Also I think even "normal" characters can be more distinguish than this.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-31, 11:29   Link #499
Arturia Polaris
Good OP Hunter

We're not saying that she's "normal" we're saying that her reactions and trains of thoughts are on par to a girl of her age and real life.

She isn't the mental trainwreck some girls are, nor is she a stupid "baka, *sideways glance*" kind of girl.

She reacts REALLISTICALLY (as realistic as can be on an anime with vampires and 16 year old mages) and that's what makes me love her.

cheers

Old 2013-10-31, 11:34   Link #500
Ickarium

Pretty much what the above poster said.

Basically, there are some tropes in anime that while amusing sometimes, are far overdone. These tropes are used to cause what I like to call 'false conflict'. They're simply there to aid lazy writers. The violent tsundere helps cause dramatic tension in an 'easy' way. So does the jealous yandere. And so on.

The primary heroine (thus far) in Strike the Blood does not do these things to a large extent. Once in a while for humor, certainly, but in general she reacts relatively rationally considering her role in the series.

This is good. And honestly considering most harem anime, somewhat refreshing.
Ickarium is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
supernatural, vampires