AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-07-23, 15:11   Link #21
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... not quite sure what to think of this one.

There were some things about it that caught my interest ... and while I can understand some of the reasoning and the decisions to opt for that particular style of art for the animation (reminds me of the 193-1950 pulp sci fi style of American adventure comics) am not sure if it is my cup of tea.

Very much on the fence about this one, but there is a "homespun" and low key feel to the story and setting that actually remind me of (I wonder if there is even anyone else on the forums familiar with these) the early to mid 1980's super hero rpgs like Villains and Vigilantes, Champions and GURPS Superheroes - kinda hits the nostalgia factor for me that way.
Old 2017-07-24, 11:42   Link #22
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The animation style is definitely different, but it's nothing I can't get used to. The first episode was basically just one long battle, so there isn't much to stay at the moment regarding the plot.
Old 2017-07-24, 12:17   Link #23
Irenesharda

Hmm, I didn't know this had finally dropped.

It's actually pretty good. A very interesting East meets West, but there is definitely a whole lot more West.

If they hadn't been speaking Japanese, I would think this was one of Marvel's many cartoon series, just with characters that I didn't know the names off. Got a bit of an X-men feel, but with it being an event rather than genes that causes these powers. It's very stylized but not too much.

I'll be interested in seeing where this goes.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-30, 00:51   Link #24
Chosen_Hero

So Stan Lee is a bad guy, X-On is pretty much if Spider-Man and Rogue had a baby and I-Guy is just Tony Stark if he had a one hit wonder singing career... I love it.
Old 2017-07-30, 06:12   Link #25
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

With that opening, I wonder if all characters have names starting with different letters.

And I guess Stan Lee can connect people telepathically.
Dengar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-30, 11:01   Link #26
xeviouses

Stan Lee as an evil Prof. Xavier.(Or Onslaught)

Interesting that X-On is a government agent while I-Guy was a one-hit wonder. Given his motivation for doing things, I wonder how long before I-Guy reveals his identity.

EDIT:

My bad. Just rewatched ep1. X-on is freelance.

Last edited by xeviouses; 2017-07-30 at 12:58.
xeviouses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-30, 12:49   Link #27
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

X-On is a government agent?
Old 2017-07-30, 12:51   Link #28
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I wonder what I-guy's power is. All we know is that it's not something combat oriented or he wouldn't need the suit. Super intelligence?

As for X-on, his power seem pretty hax, I hope it has a limit like only being able to hold on to a limited number of abilities or the abilities fading away after some time has passed.
Old 2017-07-30, 13:06   Link #29
grecefar

Never thought that the japanese highschool girls will have part in this as a team.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-30, 13:27   Link #30
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

This is anime in 2017. Japanese high school girls must by law be a part of everything.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-30, 16:38   Link #31
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The ending was kind of a big clue.
Old 2017-07-30, 16:48   Link #32
Chosen_Hero

In a way, it does seem fitting that the japanese superheroes (at least so far they are the only ones) end up being high school girls. Meanwhile, X-On is the American superhero and I-Guy is the British superhero.
Old 2017-07-30, 20:28   Link #33
Wandering Soul

So Stan Lee not only has Professor X's powers, but he's apparently the main antagonist of his own series .
Old 2017-07-31, 02:52   Link #34
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

He is? He just looked like mission control to me, with the fire dude as the leader.

Also, I-Guy is the British super hero? While being from LA?
Old 2017-07-31, 08:10   Link #35
zztop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
So Stan Lee not only has Professor X's powers, but he's apparently the main antagonist of his own series .
Stan Lee will also voice his character for the English dub of Reflection.
zztop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-31, 09:40   Link #36
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
He is? He just looked like mission control to me, with the fire dude as the leader. LA?
He didn't seem like the leader at all to me either. He just connected everybody telepathically so they could coordinate their attacks. Fire chick (pretty sure she's a woman) was the one in charge of the operation, but she isn't the leader either. He or she hasn't shown up yet.
Old 2017-08-01, 19:20   Link #37
Magewolf

Well, I finally got around to watching the second episode. Looks like the whole super villain attack was just to draw out X-On and make him public. The question is why they wanted him to be public and why they did not want I-guy to get too popular. Perhaps they are trying to gather two groups of reflections, one group under their control the other under X-On's.

I wonder since they said the people who survived the shadow attacks were likely to be villains if the people who lived through the light attacks are more likely to be heroes.
Magewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-08-02, 09:49   Link #38
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

I wonder if I-Guy's power is actually him emitting some kind of energy wave but since it's omnidirectional, he uses the suit to control the output direction.
Old 2017-08-05, 20:37   Link #39
Chosen_Hero

I gotta say, I didn't expect Nina to get that kind of power, is she a green lantern?

So it's practically confirmed that those hit by the light are the "good" reflected, while those exposed to the smoke are the "bad" reflected. There still seem to be some wiggle room to overturn that kind of thinking though. As for the Japanese girls, we still don't know their role in this.

Also, I gotta say that I am loving that this show is changing locations constantly, it makes the world feel a bit more alive than other anime.
Old 2017-08-05, 22:54   Link #40
xeviouses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
So it's practically confirmed that those hit by the light are the "good" reflected, while those exposed to the smoke are the "bad" reflected. There still seem to be some wiggle room to overturn that kind of thinking though. As for the Japanese girls, we still don't know their role in this.
Simple, they dance to the ED theme.

Tags
super powers