Notices

Old 2006-10-08, 13:45   Link #61
AKDieseL

Cheers mate, i certainly need to bring myself out of this
AKDieseL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-09, 10:32   Link #62
ryaken

Send a message via MSN to ryaken
Letting go can be a beautiful thing. That's what I take from endings like this. Sure its depressing, but it really makes me want to fight in life and wake every morning I am able.
I enjoyed the series. It has problems, and some major confusion at times, but it was interesting to watch. The characters are pretty good, but some stand out more than others; mainly Saber.
I'd rewatch sometime in the future just to catch some of the details I may have missed the first time through.
ryaken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 03:39   Link #63
raptor310

I agree with the knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCKnight View Post
I liked the anime, but they could have made the ending better (some of us Americans just like happy endings ):

Spoiler:

That's what I think should have happened.

They also should have had the Black Knight and Red Knight as enemies in the anime! Those two, along with the Green Knight, were extremely hard to beat in Legion: Legend of Excalibur (Yes, I've been playing that game too much!) I wonder why they weren't in the anime?
At the core of this is, was Saber a woman or a king first? I beieve she was a woman first, despite what she says. Such a sad ending. I think that people are infact men first, or women first, and not Career professionals etc..

Very Good artwork
raptor310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 03:45   Link #64
raptor310

to forbid marriage is evil
raptor310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-10-15, 10:15   Link #65
AKDieseL

haha exactly
AKDieseL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-09, 01:10   Link #66
kamikazex

lol wouldnt that be the dream scenario
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-19, 17:01   Link #67
mlai

Quote:
The secret to pulling yourself out of the depression F/SN attempts to force upon you is watching Black Lagoon, Haruhi, and FMP back to back. Trust me, it works!
Nah, the secret for me is to draw fan manga! Not just those 2-page doujins with a joke attached... no, a real story with real plot and new developments! And dammit I will NOT Mary Sue! Right now I'm just filling out the script, and it already fills me with joy. I wonder what actually drawing everything will feel like.
mlai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-26, 17:41   Link #68
anselfir
Style Über Alles

This is where I can honestly say the show sucked but the characters rocked. It is such a character driven show. Everyone running around doing something under absurd pretext, but who cares. Saber rocks hard.

Ok. This is an anime from a H-game, so stop taking yourself so seriously, have a proper ending something less extreme but in teh same style as this, and the show would be infinitely better

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2385

Last edited by anselfir; 2006-11-28 at 02:36.
anselfir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 00:30   Link #69
Senovit
Murk Loar
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anselfir View Post
This is where I can honestly say the show sucked but the characters rocked. It is such a character driven show. Everyone running around doing something under absurd pretext, but who cares.
Oddly enough, I had the exact opposite opinion o_o.

I really liked the backstory, but felt that some more work could have been done with character development, as it seems Shirou and Saber are the only ones that really change throughout the story.
Senovit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 03:14   Link #70
KWSW

Quote:
This is where I can honestly say the show sucked but the characters rocked. It is such a character driven show. Everyone running around doing something under absurd pretext, but who cares. Saber rocks hard.

Ok. This is an anime from a H-game, so stop taking yourself so seriously, have a proper ending something less extreme but in teh same style as this, and the show would be infinitely better

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=2385
Not what I expected but its good stuff... thumbs up for the author
KWSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 03:46   Link #71
anselfir
Style Über Alles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senovit View Post
Oddly enough, I had the exact opposite opinion o_o.

I really liked the backstory, but felt that some more work could have been done with character development, as it seems Shirou and Saber are the only ones that really change throughout the story.
character development is not equal to character appreciation. A beautifully drawn character is enough to captivate me, it doesn't have to be dumb first and then get smarter.

the backstory is basically "ok guys we have a grail (loooool fo real! you gotta believe me) and we are going to get some weird people to FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT over it"
Old 2006-12-04, 12:48   Link #72
Senovit
Murk Loar
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
character development is not equal to character appreciation. A beautifully drawn character is enough to captivate me, it doesn't have to be dumb first and then get smarter.

the backstory is basically "ok guys we have a grail (loooool fo real! you gotta believe me) and we are going to get some weird people to FIGHT FIGHT FIGHT over it"
I still liked the characters, just would have preferred for some of them to get more screentime .

And I know the holy grail thing was a bit iffy, but I still liked the idea of all the "legendary heroes" from mythology fighting it out
Senovit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-04, 14:13   Link #73
anselfir
Style Über Alles

That's not a plot device, that's a character device. how do we get these guys together. that was the question
Old 2006-12-12, 04:09   Link #74
straightjacket
Heroic Spirit

New member here. I was looking for other opinions on FSN, and I guess I came to the right place.

I was introduced to the series by a friend of mine, and generally knew the plot of the game from them.

Knowing that, there were definitely moments in the anime that I adored, and others that I found lacking.

Spoiler:

If I could change anything, the series would have 3-5 more episodes to aid in character and plot development, because the ending did seem rushed.

That, and I would have liked more consistent animation after episode 14.

Also:
-Shirou's UBW
-Shirou vs. Archer (It was shown in the second OP, but not in the anime. Why?)
straightjacket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-12, 11:15   Link #75
toru daito

aaaaawwww....the ending was so sad...
why saber had to go???
i wished saber stayed with shiro at the end and lived happily together..
i hate sad ending story...
it made me sick...i couldnt sleep for almost 1 week because of that...
is there any sekuel story of saber x shiro??
why dont make an alternative ending anime of fate staynight???
toru daito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 00:26   Link #76
vegetax
Some Random New Guy

I just finished watching Fate / Stay Night for the first time and I must say I enjoyed it quite alot. At first I wasn't a big fan but after a few episodes I started to like the characters more (mainly Saber of course ). I would have liked to see more episodes but I suppose I shouldn't complain, some series don't even get the 24-26 episodes they deserve.

The ending was bitter sweet which fit the overall feel of the show well. Still I was hoping for the best as it came to a close so I couldn't help but feel a little sad. I really wanted Saber to be happy and be herself and if she could have somehow stayed I think she would have. Always having to think of others first and never really being able to just be a woman kind of bummed me out. I tend to identify with, and hope for the best for, characters like her.

Oh well, all in all it was a very good show and now I wish I could read/write Japanese so I could play the game the show was based on. It look like a good game and it kills me that there is a language barrier to overcome just to play it. Heres to hoping Fate/Hollow Ataraxia gets made into a anime, I would really love to see Sabre in anime form once more.

Vegeta X
vegetax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-13, 02:03   Link #77
straightjacket
Heroic Spirit

Like I said, I liked the ending. I also like to think that when Saber returned to her dream at the end, that she returned to Shirou. Of course, game-wise, that's not canon, but this wasn't the game.

Also, Hollow Ataraxia isn't exactly a canon sequel, so one can always hope that it will be animated.

Last edited by straightjacket; 2006-12-13 at 02:22.
Old 2006-12-13, 02:58   Link #78
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Ataraxia would be so thx. I've never watched a harem anime before, but if Ataraxia was made into one, you bet I'd be watching it...

Not so much for Saber but because I think Rider got the absolute shaft and we never really got to see the soft, kind, gentle Rider that adds so much to her popularity.

(Heck, she's almost like a fighting Lacus in that respect!)
Old 2006-12-13, 03:25   Link #79
straightjacket
Heroic Spirit

I won't compare Rider to Lacus, for multiple reasons, but the softer, gentler Rider demands more screentime.
Old 2006-12-13, 17:20   Link #80
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Soft, gentle Rider = Lacus, in that she has long, exotically-colored hair and is kind and caring and quiet.