AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2009-06-18, 14:42   Link #421
saravis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azncoke123 View Post
Try having a beam thats as fast as light shooting at you lets see if you can dodge it
Well I sure as shit couldn't dodge it, but then I'm not talking about one's ability to dodge light, I'm talking about Luffy's performance in his first transformation to Gear 2, compare it to how powerful it was not only against Lucci, but how powerful it was against the real Kuma when he showed up. Luffy just seemed to be holding back way too much. Besides Luffy wasn't dodging the speed of the light itself, he was dodging the speed of fake Kuma's aim. It honestly doesn't matter that much to me, I was just curious if anyone else felt that way.
Old 2009-06-18, 15:21   Link #422
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloak_and_dagger View Post
For some unknown reason, I am wondering what Usopp would be like if he had Haki...

Projectile control? lol.
I think all he needs is a bad-ass modified sniper rifle
shankss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 12:48   Link #423
Somnus
Eh?

I knew what was going to happen reading the manga myself...but still, seeing Luffy breakdown like that was just something else to see. All the body movements and whatnot (ex. the whole leg shuffle thing, it's a small detail but to me it made a really big difference. Usually it's just someone slumped on the ground punching it in anime), it was done really, really well.

Can't wait for the next arc though, it's one I've been looking forward to for a while.
Somnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-20, 13:09   Link #424
Meloria

An episode that almost made me cry, especially seeing Luffy in the state he was and how the situation just seemed impossible to prevent. I also agree above with the movement, it emphasised the way he was feeling during that specific scene. Excellent episode. I wonder if this marks the time the whole crew will start to grow further, mentally and physically. Looking forward to seeing what will be thrown at us in the next arc.
(just like to add that I'm anime-only, considering this is my first post in the One Piece section)
Meloria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 12:29   Link #425
CeDeR
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to CeDeR Send a message via AIM to CeDeR Send a message via Yahoo to CeDeR
i almost cried...man can someone plz message me when the fillers are over plz im guessing 2 or 3 episodes?thnx
CeDeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-21, 12:57   Link #426
Blaine

I think it's only 2 episodes.
Old 2009-06-23, 11:28   Link #427
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

This is by far the best arc I’ve watched in the history of the show…It was time for Luffy to understand that the Grandline is not a joke, and it was important for the audience to FINALLY see that our hero is capable of true failure…Octo-dude pleaded with Luffy not to fight the royalty, and in typical Luffy fashion he went off impulse…That impulse has now cost him everything dear…The impact of that was not lost on me…That was just so good, I hope it doesn’t settle back into just fun and games for too long…Intense, unpredictable, and suspense-filled OP is where it’s at…

I’m guessing everyone is in Kuma’s BIBLE btw, don’t read the manga…Someone feel free to tell me in a spoiler tab if I’m right…A simple Yes or No will suffice…
Old 2009-06-23, 13:01   Link #428
ellifeedn
Thinker

Spoiler for you asked for it wingdarkness:
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 13:02   Link #429
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Wow Kuma is hax...
Old 2009-06-23, 21:42   Link #430
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness View Post
This is by far the best arc I’ve watched in the history of the show…It was time for Luffy to understand that the Grandline is not a joke, and it was important for the audience to FINALLY see that our hero is capable of true failure…Octo-dude pleaded with Luffy not to fight the royalty, and in typical Luffy fashion he went off impulse…That impulse has now cost him everything dear…The impact of that was not lost on me…That was just so good, I hope it doesn’t settle back into just fun and games for too long…Intense, unpredictable, and suspense-filled OP is where it’s at…
Actually given the conditions, no result would have been a better one for Luffy. Even though I am talking based on the storyline from the manga, yet, the expectations were the same after reading the chapter corresponding to the latest episode based on the actual storyline ( I haven't watched this week's but it should have been a filler).

Also, you are forgetting that Luffy experienced utter defeat before in the hands of Crocodile, and not once but twice. The only difference here is that the target is not solely Luffy, but all the others as well. Before he survived, and got stronger at the end, so don't expect anything less not for only him but for others as well.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 22:19   Link #431
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I’m guessing everyone is in Kuma’s BIBLE btw, don’t read the manga…Someone feel free to tell me in a spoiler tab if I’m right…A simple Yes or No will suffice…
LOL wow nice prediction.
Old 2009-06-23, 22:22   Link #432
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Why would he wanna carry something like that with him, if it is just info on the others? If he is a religious guy, there is nothing more normal than a creature of his stature carrying it with him. Even Berserk had a guy like that (or am I mistaken there).
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-29, 11:18   Link #433
Kafriel
Senior Guest

The "carry people in your book" was also done by
Spoiler:
, so it's a possibility...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-09, 02:41   Link #434
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Recent posts from the last month have been moved to the new Amazon Lily Arc Discussion thread.

If any of those posts are discussing the Sabaody Archipelago arc then let me know and I will move them back here. Other than that, feel free to discuss the Sabaody Archipelago arc or the Amazon Lily arc in their respective threads.

This thread has now been unstickied.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote