AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-08-29, 08:09   Link #161
HXHFMP
a world's hunt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapica
Good to hear. There is also another musical that focusses on Kurapica and the Spiders. Unfortunately it isn't subbed.

Btw, do you also post at animenation? I think I've seen that nickname somewhere before.
Yea i think a week ago i signed an account over there.
HXHFMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-29, 13:52   Link #162
Starch
Looks its a potato

I agree with Sugetsu about Hunter X Hunter , of course Hunter X Hunter is like Turn Based RPG its a aquire taste.
Starch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-31, 18:32   Link #163
mullinsmcd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurapica
Good to hear. There is also another musical that focusses on Kurapica and the Spiders. Unfortunately it isn't subbed.

Btw, do you also post at animenation? I think I've seen that nickname somewhere before.

Thats not exactly true

http://www.geocities.com/kenyuen1/sm...004HxHLive.htm

apparently its been subtitled but this site is attempting to sell the subtitled copy. If anyone has a torrent for this please post.
mullinsmcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 21:38   Link #164
feitang
I'm a hunter!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to feitang
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong
Does that even have a basis in fact? I know I keep seeing this health thing everywhere, but I've also heard that it's just a rumour that spiraled out of control as "most plausible rumour" as to why we have had sporadic released for over a year now.

I dunno, but if the Takubon volumes are comming out on schedual still, it seems to me that he might be spending a lot of his time redoing all the cells for that since what we see in the weekly publication really only seems to pass as a rough draft.

In any case, I doubt Togashi's health would stall any sort of anime production, they have the material to press onward, and I suppose if it came down to it, they have enough material to go on to make their own ending, without the manga's help.
EI!! Do you have any idea up to what episode is the manga series of HxH? Hope you could help...I've read only up to the part where they're going to attack the Royal Guards of the Ants King.
feitang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-03, 21:52   Link #165
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by feitang
EI!! Do you have any idea up to what episode is the manga series of HxH? Hope you could help...I've read only up to the part where they're going to attack the Royal Guards of the Ants King.
You're probably at the last available release then... That's where the manga's been for the last 6 months or so. To my knowlege, no new manga chapter has come out since the spring.

Haven't really been following it though. I check up on it every few months to see if any new developments have happenned.
Old 2006-09-03, 22:13   Link #166
feitang
I'm a hunter!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong
You're probably at the last available release then... That's where the manga's been for the last 6 months or so. To my knowlege, no new manga chapter has come out since the spring.

Haven't really been following it though. I check up on it every few months to see if any new developments have happenned.
Really? *Sigh...

So there ain't new releases after that episode then? Darn...I wanted to finish reading it...

DO you have any idea as well if Togashi Yoshihiro will finished the story or at least continue making the manga?

Sorry if this has been answered in the previous thread...I'm a newbie here you see...
Old 2006-09-04, 00:19   Link #167
jpwong

Quote:
So there ain't new releases after that episode then? Darn...I wanted to finish reading it...

DO you have any idea as well if Togashi Yoshihiro will finished the story or at least continue making the manga?
I went over and looked, the newest chapter is 260 and it came out last Febuary. Your guess is as good as anyone as to when 261 will ever come out (I think the magazine publication it runs in is a weekly one). I think it was mentioned somewhere in the last issue that there was a release that he would be taking a break for a while (no one really expected it to be this long though >.<).
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 12:56   Link #168
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Ok, I did promise to keep you guys up to speed on anything that came down the line and I have a tidbit I can't confirm, but does come from a reliable source. So for the time being until I can totally confirm it, please take it as rumor. What I was told was that apparently due to the recent sickness of the mangaka, the latest OVA has been put on hold with no ETA for resuming. Again, take as rumor until I can 100% verify this, but it's the first solid thing I've heard about the OVA in months, so I wanted to share it.
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 20:56   Link #169
feitang
I'm a hunter!!!

hope there'd be new updates regarding the anime...and that the mangaka will continue making the story...

I really wanted to finished it...

anyways...thanks for the info...
Old 2006-09-04, 21:02   Link #170
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
hope there'd be new updates regarding the anime...and that the mangaka will continue making the story...

I really wanted to finished it...

anyways...thanks for the info...
If the same mangaka continues the story, with what we expect from the development of the story, I don't think we will ever see an ending to the story (not in our lifetime, and definitely not in the current mangaka's lifetime).

I hope someone can take over the story as soon as possible, the current mangaka can give the basic outline of what he was planning, and someone else (or a group of people) can do the remaining job.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-04, 21:26   Link #171
feitang
I'm a hunter!!!

you have a point there...hope we could get any current news bout the manga...
Old 2006-09-04, 23:28   Link #172
Lilith
Your average fangirl

Nooo~ It's HxH if it's not by Togashi. Please relax everyone. It will be done when it can be done. Let's just pray that it won't have a crappy ending (Gon dying and the ants take over the world XD).
Old 2006-09-05, 15:03   Link #173
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Finally got some free time to watch the serie.........I reached eps 56 so far.

I really can't describe how awesome the serie is, truly.
Definitely getting it in my top 5, somewhere between FMA and Hellsing ^^"

Can't get enough of it, and as always, when I love a show, in the same time I hate it, coz sometimes it's gonna end

Hopefully still the OAV to go,hehe

My fav are definitely Killua x Gon, their relationship is so touching. Killua turning freak is so great. Hisoka is also my fav : he's just like Akabane in Get backers.
Heck, I'm too crazy about that kind of twisted killers

Great, awesome, kickass, nuff said.

PS. Oh yeah, Leorio and Kurapica are just..........annoying.
I guess I don't like characters seeking for revenge (Sasuke, huh, and some others, can't remember now)

I'd rather go for freaks who kill just for that purpose, and enjoy it (Killua, Hisoka, and that Spider boss).

*Yes, I'm a sick bastard*
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 16:45   Link #174
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitokirigirl
Can't get enough of it, and as always, when I love a show, in the same time I hate it, coz sometimes it's gonna end
The story still continues and it is not anywhere near the end. You can still expect a few more OVAs, other than the currently available ones.

Quote:
Leorio is not there for revenge, by the way. Anyway, you are lucky cause you won't see more from Leorio and Kurapica after the next few episodes ahead of you. It will be all Killua, Gon, and a few new elderly-friends.
Old 2006-09-05, 17:03   Link #175
hitokirigirl
Japanestyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazelyt
The story still continues and it is not anywhere near the end. You can still expect a few more OVAs, other than the currently available ones.

Leorio is not there for revenge, by the way. Anyway, you are lucky cause you won't see more from Leorio and Kurapica after the next few episodes ahead of you. It will be all Killua, Gon, and a few new elderly-friends.

Well, I just finished the serie, and the end was really Kurapica-centered.
Not bad, indeed
Gonna start the oav's now; too many unanswered questions, especially how is gonna Kurapica collect all the eyeballs ?? The spider gang did really own one pair (the one sold in auction)? Or all the clan's ?
Can't wait to know more about Hisoka's hidden agenda. And that Kuroro : wtf, he looked plain innocent during the Zoldick battle. Does he copy abilities just for fun ?

Manga still running I guess ?
hitokirigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 17:59   Link #176
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Well, I just finished the serie, and the end was really Kurapica-centered.
Not bad, indeed
Gonna start the oav's now; too many unanswered questions, especially how is gonna Kurapica collect all the eyeballs ?? The spider gang did really own one pair (the one sold in auction)? Or all the clan's ?
Can't wait to know more about Hisoka's hidden agenda. And that Kuroro : wtf, he looked plain innocent during the Zoldick battle. Does he copy abilities just for fun ?

Well, you will see more sickening people than Hisoka and Kuroro (Kuroro is not innocent just an intelligent player who is not showing his emotional state like Hisoka) later on.

Manga is currently in a paused state since the mangaka had to give a long break due to illness (I guess no new chapter has come out in the last 6-months, and before that there were many breaks, however much smaller - a few weeks at most).
Old 2006-09-05, 18:53   Link #177
HXHFMP
a world's hunt

Quote:
I guess I don't like characters seeking for revenge (Sasuke, huh, and some others, can't remember now)

I'd rather go for freaks who kill just for that purpose, and enjoy it (Killua, Hisoka, and that Spider boss).
I didn't like kurapika either because of how annoying he used to be but he turned out really cool on the Ryodan arc.
by the way i liked it how the story shifted over to gon and killua in the greed island because at some point it felt like kurapika was the lead character.

Quote:
Ok, I did promise to keep you guys up to speed on anything that came down the line and I have a tidbit I can't confirm, but does come from a reliable source. So for the time being until I can totally confirm it, please take it as rumor. What I was told was that apparently due to the recent sickness of the mangaka, the latest OVA has been put on hold with no ETA for resuming. Again, take as rumor until I can 100% verify this, but it's the first solid thing I've heard about the OVA in months, so I wanted to share it.

there are always rumors about a new ova but i do wish that some really come true.
HXHFMP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 19:31   Link #178
feitang
I'm a hunter!!!

Quote:
Wait till you read the manga....your current questions will be doubled...the manga ain't finished yet...i've already finished the OVA series up to the end of the Greed Island adventure of Gon and Killua...Their friendship is so amazing!!! Just can't get enough of them....

Hope it wont be long for the mangaka to continue making the story and published it...
Old 2006-09-05, 21:51   Link #179
Lord Raiden
Uber Coffee for da win!

Quote:
you have a point there...hope we could get any current news bout the manga...
I'll see what I can find out. I can't guarentee anything, but miracles do happen, so I may come across something by accident.

As for whoever it was that mentioned about how long the series is scheduled to go, the mangaka already said that after this arc is just one more and that's the one that leads Gon to finally meet his dad. Once that happens, the series is over. That's already been confirmed and set in stone. How they're going to get there however has not last I knew.

Ok, yes I spoiled this slightly hinting that the good guys are going to win at the end of this arc despite the odds, but we all knew that was going to happen, didn't we?
Lord Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-09-05, 23:00   Link #180
feitang
I'm a hunter!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Ok, yes I spoiled this slightly hinting that the good guys are going to win at the end of this arc despite the odds, but we all knew that was going to happen, didn't we?
ehehhehe....thats ok...at least we have some hints already...

ei....what about the anime? aren't they gonna continue it?