AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2015-07-23, 01:39   Link #4481
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Based on this month's eroge releases, I'll probably bother only with the second fandisc of Irotoridori no Sekai. Favorite better gives the fandisc the pure happy-go-lucky treatment after the painfully, painfully slow drama drags in the two Shinku routes of IroHika.

Otherwise, I'm wasting time with Prism Ark. A forced playing order to makes you play the game seven times if you want to see everything . But it's not too bad. Gameplay can be skipped on 2nd run+ and the girls are likable. The post-final-battle drama seems to be the same procedure in each route (at least for Kaguya, Priecia and Fel). Judas is probably one of the most annoying final villains and his superiority dialogue at each finale ... *ugh*. On my 3rd playthrough, the battles are ridiculously easy thanks to level + prism inherited. Full physical damage and Knights of Destroy skill is instant-kill for the final boss
Lastly, the MC is alright-ish. The romance could have been handled better as the cast didn't have much time to "enjoy" it given how the story quickly progresses afterwards. MC being the "hidden" special snowflake is all fine and well, but making his sword's mysterious powers unleash only at the very end didn't really promote too much excitement in me.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 03:41   Link #4482
hyl
reading #hikaributts

Although for me there are possible decent other titles to read this month besides the IroSeka 2nd FD, like Maboroshi no Dystopia and Sorcery Jokers
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-23, 05:58   Link #4483
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mahou View Post
Based on this month's eroge releases, I'll probably bother only with the second fandisc of Irotoridori no Sekai. Favorite better gives the fandisc the pure happy-go-lucky treatment after the painfully, painfully slow drama drags in the two Shinku routes of IroHika.

Otherwise, I'm wasting time with Prism Ark. A forced playing order to makes you play the game seven times if you want to see everything . But it's not too bad. Gameplay can be skipped on 2nd run+ and the girls are likable. The post-final-battle drama seems to be the same procedure in each route (at least for Kaguya, Priecia and Fel). Judas is probably one of the most annoying final villains and his superiority dialogue at each finale ... *ugh*. On my 3rd playthrough, the battles are ridiculously easy thanks to level + prism inherited. Full physical damage and Knights of Destroy skill is instant-kill for the final boss
Lastly, the MC is alright-ish. The romance could have been handled better as the cast didn't have much time to "enjoy" it given how the story quickly progresses afterwards. MC being the "hidden" special snowflake is all fine and well, but making his sword's mysterious powers unleash only at the very end didn't really promote too much excitement in me.
Did you encounter the gold mokuji in the beginning of the game once you get new game+? I think to spawn him you have to beat all the mokuji battles, but after you beat the gold mokuji you get this special item that trivializes the entire battle portion of the game. (essentially it boosts all your stats hundreds of times over, and gives you nearly 100% evade or counter chance, allowing you to clear any mob, any boss with a single knights of destroy or any other AoE attack)

That should help you speed-clear the other routes.

If you like the game at all even the slightest bit, you should play the fandisc and play its main route. It's one of the funniest and most enjoyable routes I've played.
Old 2015-07-23, 07:21   Link #4484
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newprimus View Post
Did you encounter the gold mokuji in the beginning of the game once you get new game+? I think to spawn him you have to beat all the mokuji battles, but after you beat the gold mokuji you get this special item that trivializes the entire battle portion of the game. (essentially it boosts all your stats hundreds of times over, and gives you nearly 100% evade or counter chance, allowing you to clear any mob, any boss with a single knights of destroy or any other AoE attack)

That should help you speed-clear the other routes.

If you like the game at all even the slightest bit, you should play the fandisc and play its main route. It's one of the funniest and most enjoyable routes I've played.
No, I haven't encountered the gold one yet. Still need to defeat the other colored mokuji. With the 3rd run done, I also received finally the Experience prism for double experience (MC only). I was also looking a bit for the PS2 version for the additional route and read that due to the magic nerf to Black Hole, physical attacks became overpowered in that version I'll keep the fandisc in mind.
Mahou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-25, 18:59   Link #4485
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Negai no Kakera to Hakugin no Agreement
願いの欠片と白銀の契約者

It has gunwielding loli hanakana as one of the "heroines". Has a bit of action and chuu2, but since you read sharnoth, that shouldn't be a problem lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
The other games in Steampunk series? Sona-Nyl and Ourai have female protags
Thanks for the replies! My bad though, I forgot to mention I'm completely illiterate when it comes to reading japanese, so I have to rely on translations.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-25, 20:59   Link #4486
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Thanks for the replies! My bad though, I forgot to mention I'm completely illiterate when it comes to reading japanese, so I have to rely on translations.
The language in Steampunk series is very simple though. Maybe some kind of text hooker can help you translate.
Old 2015-07-26, 08:33   Link #4487
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Is that so? I'll give it a try then! Sharnoth took some getting used to the repetition, but it turned out to be a very enjoyable read.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-26, 08:36   Link #4488
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

The easiest to get into would be Ourai
Old 2015-07-26, 14:29   Link #4489
IceHism

Am rather disappointed at the 5 games MG announced
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-27, 06:24   Link #4490
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zealty View Post
Extremely hyped for this right now!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8zRkNAePcY

Once it comes out in July, I'll immediately drop everything I'm doing to play it.
Is it me or is it delayed? Makura site for Sakura no Uta said it's slated for release only in September....

http://www.makura-soft.com/sakuranouta/

It says here 25/9/2015 .__.
Old 2015-07-27, 06:43   Link #4491
Kirayuki

It is indeed delayed to 25th September
Kirayuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 00:07   Link #4492
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Totally loving the start! Didn't regret buying the LE version. Anyone else reading this?

Images
Picture too big
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2015-07-28 at 18:43. Reason: Images tag for images
KanbeKotori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 18:43   Link #4493
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
Totally loving the start! Didn't regret buying the LE version. Anyone else reading this?

Images
Picture too big
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I couldn't get over the protagonist in the trial, so didn't end up buying it. Maybe it gets better after the first 10 minutes, but it just drove me up the wall, personally. I did like the personality of the maid in response, though. Maybe I'll keep pushing through the trial at some point to see if the protagonist becomes less annoying to me.
Old 2015-07-28, 19:24   Link #4494
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

What game is that?
Old 2015-07-29, 01:12   Link #4495
Mahou
ダメ人 - 人間失格

Tigre Soft's Maboroshi no Dystopia (https://vndb.org/v16570).
Old 2015-07-30, 08:53   Link #4496
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
I couldn't get over the protagonist in the trial, so didn't end up buying it. Maybe it gets better after the first 10 minutes, but it just drove me up the wall, personally. I did like the personality of the maid in response, though. Maybe I'll keep pushing through the trial at some point to see if the protagonist becomes less annoying to me.
Well I'm okay with how he is. Ruriko is damn funny. It's pretty good so far. I like it hence I bought the LE version. Tigresoft have been pretty good. I like Reminiscence and this title looks promising too.
Old 2015-07-31, 05:36   Link #4497
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KanbeKotori View Post
Well I'm okay with how he is. Ruriko is damn funny. It's pretty good so far. I like it hence I bought the LE version. Tigresoft have been pretty good. I like Reminiscence and this title looks promising too.
Oh it's totally personal preference. I know some other people who didn't like it, and others who didn't mind it at all. Of course, in a world where your average eroge protagonist has basically no personality at all, I suppose at least it's something.

And yeah, I bought Tigresoft's previous works... although they're on my every-growing to-play pile still...
Old 2015-07-31, 06:30   Link #4498
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Oh it's totally personal preference. I know some other people who didn't like it, and others who didn't mind it at all. Of course, in a world where your average eroge protagonist has basically no personality at all, I suppose at least it's something.

And yeah, I bought Tigresoft's previous works... although they're on my every-growing to-play pile still...
Well yea, he has some personality which makes him rather interesting.

I have like 40 in my backlog lol. It's a PITA to finish them.

So many VNs to read, so little time ;A;

Last edited by KanbeKotori; 2015-07-31 at 06:55.
KanbeKotori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 17:53   Link #4499
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I think I have like 200+ in my backlog. I just keep getting them as they come out and only play a select few (many of which I don't even finish).
Old 2015-08-04, 11:57   Link #4500
KanbeKotori
失礼、噛みました

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5cwMOVffRg

Nice opening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x-y4cGoT-rM

Some interesting VNs coming out this month.

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel