AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-07-27, 06:35   Link #381
cyth
Banned

I'm not worried about the series, personally. Fluff sells in Japan.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-27, 07:43   Link #382
ookamigirl

So the idol from last episode transferred in..
Telekinesis this time!
Baseball prodigy just a kid with an ability.
That baseball game/challenge was interesting to watch.
Really nice/fun episode!

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-27, 07:45   Link #383
Boukenxha

Well, I know I'll be staying at least for the in-anime band music and performance.

I see that we already have Yusa (voc) and possibly Nao (git) who will play tribute to her talented brother gone mad.

What about bass and drums? I hope not Yuu and Joujirou... again!
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-27, 10:20   Link #384
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pocari_Sweat View Post
I actually haven't watched past episode 2 because I was appalled but from the discussion from this thread which I've been following it looks like Key has not evolved and Jun Maeda didn't learn from his mistakes from Angel Beats. Unless if there is a turnaround (and a significant one at that) I don't see myself picking it back up.
It has nothing to do with Key not evolving or changing unless you're using Angel Beats exclusively as a point of reference (BTW, that baseball episode was actually really good). It has more to do with it just not providing anything of interest. Previous Key anime even in the sillier moments did things to establish character. What do a lot of these do? Show us they really like omelette rice? Reduce glasses guy to an abomination that wouldn't even qualify for an excuse for a guy in Hanairo? What the hell happened to MC? He's just sorta there moving with the plot. I wish I could have said something about him.

The only thing I really gathered is Nao's pretty cute though even her behavior is erratic though at least I assume for good reason.

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-27, 15:12   Link #385
ices
Working Hard

Next episode preview

ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-27, 15:26   Link #386
mergele

Looks like there won't be a new student of the week next time. Maybe we will finally get somewhere.
mergele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-27, 15:28   Link #387
Wandering Soul

Looks like next episode will focus on the current members of the club instead of introducing another student with powers they have to help.
Old 2015-07-27, 19:09   Link #388
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Wow, these reactions are pretty gold.

Although really, camping? :P
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-27, 20:28   Link #389
tsunade666

hmm...

Is there a chance Nao is being used?

The student council being used to gather esper kids.

Nao is being asked by her trusted person to do this and that but, like with MC taking control of the other esper kid. Its not really an obvious experimentation which is probably why Nao didn't notice. OR. The scientist are just observing from a clear distance, obviously the students in the school are used to the student council using their abilities, so its a positive working environment that can be used to cover the real experimenting.

Like below the school is the real lab.
Old 2015-07-28, 07:53   Link #390
hyl
reading #hikaributts

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 08:53   Link #391
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergele View Post
Looks like there won't be a new student of the week next time. Maybe we will finally get somewhere.
At 00:16-00:17 there is someone else other than the main four characters jumped and landed on the ground, so I think the student of the week pattern will continue.

Count me in as one of the people who feel disappointed after the first 4 episodes. I'm already used to Key's "common route" episodes, in which the anime build up the settings, establishing and fleshing out characters, though Charlotte is by far having the least interesting introductory episodes for a Key title. Previous Key titles also used comic relief characters, running gags and food jokes, but the way they were used each time is more amusing, while Charlotte's jokes just fall flat and repetitive in comparison. The MC who used to have potential as an interesting douchebag now is reduced to our usual VisualNovel-styled MC, and honestly Takajou is a poor attempt at making a comic relief character (his self-destructive way of living is more cringe-worthy than funny). I thought Key started to have the knack of making more distinct MC personality-wise ever since Rewrite so I had quite some expectations, now joke is on me (though Rewrite was not written by Maeda Jun so yeah).
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 10:26   Link #392
bluewr
Banned

Finally decided to marathoned ep.1~ep.4

What I noticed is that the power user introduced so far, all seem to share a common trait
In that their power seems to be enchancing their strength.
MC is handsome, but is using it to get a girlfriend
Archery club captain can work but is using his power to get money easier
Idol is using her power to relive some of her responsibility as a idol
Pitcher uses his power to help his friend get int the japan tournament
So what it seems like the power they gained is just a "shortcut"
They can reach the result already, if they put in the hard work, the power just allow them to skip the last step, seems to due to their insecurity of their strength.
They believe in their own strength, but think because the time isn't right but just lack the self confidence to try with their own strength, which might explain the flaws of their ability, since it's only a shortcut, the goal is to not rely on it.
And the student council's goal is not to control them, but get them to see their strength without using their power, let them see that they can still attain the result without using the power.
bluewr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 12:20   Link #393
Boukenxha

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yACdzgwywIo
Thanks for sharing man, nice song and it led me to the other in-universe band ZHIEND which was posted in the same channel. Scar on Face. Wonderful track, the beautiful guitar lick got me hooked instantly. It then took me about 5 mins to connect back to the post rock band onii-chan was talking about in ep 2 haha! Post rock always been one of my favorite, hope we'll see the band make an appearance soon.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 19:37   Link #394
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyl View Post
*yt*
Why is she so cutesy yet her voice for the ingame band sounds like seriously-toned rock?

I was given a cute personality, now give me a cute song, Key!
Old 2015-07-28, 20:20   Link #395
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

ZHIEND made Yuu's eyes turn green.
There must be some kind of power maker in the voice of the vocalist.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-28, 23:06   Link #396
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
This episode was another good one. Maybe not as good as the last one but I certainly prefer it to episode two. I loved that we got to know more about Yusarin and her sister even if it was mostly for comedy. Hopefully we’ll get to see more of the others as well.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-30, 18:56   Link #397
Yamada II

Episode 3 + 4

Misa is super duper cool. Lol when Tomori and Misa were arguing and shouting. They both are so similar. I liked Tomori's change in tones when talking to Yusarin and then to someone else in between.

The plan to scare that guy was awesome. Lol when Yuu had to stab his thigh after taking control of one of the people. Takajo rushing in and smashing another guy away was hilarious.

Yuu should really just tell his Imouto to stop it with the pizza sauce. I mean, who the hell adds pizza sauce in french toast?! Are you serious, girl?! Gosh! Yuu's reaction to eating curry without pizza sauce at school was hilarious.

The baseball game was funny. Both teams sucked so bad.

The comedy continues to be awesome here. The jokes are done well and aren't feeling that dragged to me.

The possession Tomori had Yuu do at the end was interesting. Will it remove the person's power or will it make Yuu get the power for sometime? Intriguing.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-31, 05:33   Link #398
Draco Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronelm2000 View Post
There are only few charas usually involved in After Story and Refrain. Besides, I think that there's something in this setting that just makes me .... curious. Dunno, like something is wrong in the setting.
Like at some point a rug going to be pulled and everyone going to go wtf? I get that feeling too tbh, between the shows unexplained title and vague threat, it feels like all the pieces are not in motion yet.

I also like to bring up the example of Stein;Gate, which has a very comady based first arc with a vague threat in first half and a very serous drama/horror styled second half.
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-08-01, 07:00   Link #399
bastek66

Old 2015-08-01, 09:22   Link #400
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamada II View Post
Episode 3 + 4

Misa is super duper cool. Lol when Tomori and Misa were arguing and shouting. They both are so similar. I liked Tomori's change in tones when talking to Yusarin and then to someone else in between.

The plan to scare that guy was awesome. Lol when Yuu had to stab his thigh after taking control of one of the people. Takajo rushing in and smashing another guy away was hilarious.

Yuu should really just tell his Imouto to stop it with the pizza sauce. I mean, who the hell adds pizza sauce in french toast?! Are you serious, girl?! Gosh! Yuu's reaction to eating curry without pizza sauce at school was hilarious.

The baseball game was funny. Both teams sucked so bad.

The comedy continues to be awesome here. The jokes are done well and aren't feeling that dragged to me.

The possession Tomori had Yuu do at the end was interesting. Will it remove the person's power or will it make Yuu get the power for sometime? Intriguing.
Actually based on the episode (I rewatched it) The last match got the baseball team (opposing side) 1 point right. That's the curious part: the pitcher was no other than the guy with telekinesis. I was thinking what if his mind control skill had another weakness; that is, he can't clearly control thosr with powers? It could explain the earlier win.

Tags
p.a. works, supernatural powers