Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2015-09-22, 03:23   Link #1241
Eater of All
NOM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
My problem with multiple timelines is related to the fact that Yuu's memories are from a timeline he shouldn't remember, it was Shun that leaped back there. Or well we were induced to think that, but never saw what happened in the exact moment. So I can't see any science notion that could explain that.
Instead at least with an unique timeline that memory and Yuu are at least in the same system. So if you have to come up with a method to explain how, it would be easier than having them in different universes that aren't linked by Yuu. So not linked at all.
Like, what if the leap process works setting the time back rewinding it, so it doesn't erase the memories of anyone, just hide it/ override it? So hypothetically everyone still has his memories, but just can't access to it? It would be easier to explain Yuu's recalling them. It would also allow some other espers to be able to access to them, and ultimately would allow Nao to recollect just in time what happened in the previous time with Yuu. (Yeah, I can't get over it )
I'm just trying to find a way that allow to put all the timelines together since I can't see any other option to find a closure otherwise. As you know, well as everybody know, there are a lot of dead points like the one you mentioned about Ayumi surviving D-Block's collapse. I still hope that the show will try to wrap all together (well, I don't know how bad such a try would be, but we are beyond redemption so who cares anymore )
I agree, single-timeline rewinding feels simplest and least inconsistent.

I had hoped that the Sala thing was part of a deeper plot twist, but at this point it's more likely to just be foreshadowing/parallel to Yuu's fall. (There's a non-negligible chance that she or ZHIEND will show up in the last ep though)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
The preview at least shows a hint that Yuu had probably starts to forget himself or his promise. The way he said it, it felt that he just suddenly remember that there is someone waiting for him. So the accumulated power is probably already overwhelm his character and start to loose himself to it. The promise is the only thing keeping him from going.
A bittersweet ending is OK in my book.

For the record, while the confession seems anti-climatic, I think it's pretty natural given Nao's personality. I'd be more scared if she blushes and goes "baka" or something. *shudders*
Old 2015-09-22, 04:10   Link #1242
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
For the record, while the confession seems anti-climatic, I think it's pretty natural given Nao's personality. I'd be more scared if she blushes and goes "baka" or something. *shudders*
Yep, and consistent also given where their relationship was brought back to, I'd like to see how different Nao's reaction would have been if Yuu confession happened after Yuu helped Nao's brother. I bet it would have been quite different!
It's not the confession to be anti-climatic, it's the story

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Arya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 04:17   Link #1243
Zeed

Yeah, but all in all , there should be a way for yuu to revive kugagami right? Given all the people have different powers, so he might find one
Zeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 07:03   Link #1244
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeed View Post
Yeah, but all in all , there should be a way for yuu to revive kugagami right? Given all the people have different powers, so he might find one
The price he has to pay for using an ability like 'regeneration' and 'revive' probably not something cheap.

Actually, Yuu should just use Yusa's ability to summon Kugagami soul into his body and let Kugagami use his power to find another esper.
Old 2015-09-22, 08:16   Link #1245
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
Episode 12:
Is this a feeding anime now? Still, Yuu planning to catch all of the powers while confessing his love to Nao might spell doom to him on the final episode!

Speaking of the final episode, I'm worried that Charlotte might wrap up horribly.
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 09:41   Link #1246
com_gwp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benigmatica View Post
Speaking of the final episode, I'm worried that Charlotte might wrap up horribly.
We've been on track for that since episode 7.
com_gwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 16:11   Link #1247
Hanabira.Kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eater of All View Post
A bittersweet ending is OK in my book.

It would indeed be strange, if she had not done it before.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-09-22 at 21:48. Reason: Please put large gif files under the [images] tag.
Hanabira.Kage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 19:10   Link #1248
silvercover
Romance Expert

found this:
Images

have some delicious karma yuu.

could only keep it this big

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2015-09-22 at 21:47. Reason: Please use either thumbnails or the [images] tag for large images.
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-22, 21:16   Link #1249
ronelm2000
Moe Kyun~!

Dunno about you guys, but I don't think this ending leads to a good ending at all...
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-23, 00:30   Link #1250
Wandering Soul

So it doesn't seem like Nao's brother will get healed in this timeline at all. I'm pretty sure Yu missed his chance to run into the lead singer.
Old 2015-09-23, 05:32   Link #1251
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanabira.Kage View Post
It would indeed be strange, if she had not done it before.

Images

mmm, suspicious enough to hint to a quite different ending:
Spoiler for The saddest ending II, True End:

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2015-09-23, 06:10   Link #1252
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

You kinda forgot either the theme song of Twilight Zone or The X-Files there. @_@
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 04:35   Link #1253
larethian

Quote:
mmm, suspicious enough to hint to a quite different ending:
Spoiler for The saddest ending II, True End:
Putting aside the fact that he can no longer time-leap unless there's another time-leaper who doesn't require his eyes to time-leap and he stole his power, you seem to be confusing NTR with nakige.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 05:46   Link #1254
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Also Jun Maeda's track record suggest that he will never go full downer ending. The worst ending he could make would be the bittersweet kind. So here goes your headcanon.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 07:43   Link #1255
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
Putting aside the fact that he can no longer time-leap unless there's another time-leaper who doesn't require his eyes to time-leap and he stole his power, you seem to be confusing NTR with nakige.
Not that I had any pretense to be taken seriously!!
On the other hand, letting aside nakige (which I never heard of before), how usual is for a key story to have a character abducted, beat up, heavily tortured, to die impaled by a cement steel rod?

In any case you got me. Damn, since the first draft got lost I had to rewrite it and so I forgot to explain it again.
He obviously looted the healing power to regain his damaged eye. At that point he reacquired his time-leap ability.
That would have worked in any case obviously, did he lose an arm? He only needs to pick up the arm-growing wielder and that's it.

By the way, I'm going under the assumption that abilities are unique, so you can't have two time-leapers. Unless, well, unless now. If I'm not wrong Yuu and his brother could time-leap if their eyes were still functional.

Old 2015-09-24, 08:58   Link #1256
SPARTAN 119
Unleashing the Homu-Rage

Quote:
On the other hand, letting aside nakige (which I never heard of before)
As explained here, nakige is essentially a concept which Key pioneered with Kanon, Air, and Clannad- a visual novel which starts off comedic, then moves on to a heart-warming romance. The protagonist is then tragically separated from the heroine in the latter part, before an emotional reunion- intended to make the player/viewer (or whatever you consider the consumer of a visual novel to be) feel for the characters involved to the point of literally being driven to tears.
SPARTAN 119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-24, 20:25   Link #1257
larethian

Well, in addition to that, to be precise, nakige is short for naki gemu (crying game). This is not a game so I'm just using the term loosely w.r.t genre reference.
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-25, 04:07   Link #1258
hyl
reading #hikaributts

For the Uchida Maaya fans here

YouTube
hyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-25, 05:55   Link #1259
konart

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
If he just need a new eye - all he need is a guy with regeneration ability or even a surgery. (Uchiha is the best choice, obviously)
Old 2015-09-26, 09:48   Link #1260
iceyfw

dear geebus. jun maeda needs to stick with the VN medium or convince the studio to do 26 episodes if he has another project in the works. the terrorist subplot made me laugh with how it was written in. it would not surprise me to see a charlotte VN in the next decade if jun ever decided to expand it.
iceyfw is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p.a. works, supernatural powers