AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-04-13, 12:13   Link #101
Haibane Renpou

I have to say Za Warudo's H264 version of .hack//Roots is probably the best fansub encode I've seen to date, it raises the bar a notch for all other groups.

Non-scaled 720p AVC encoded image, Vorbis audio and an embedded custom font in a MKV container, other groups please take notes. H264 is hardly new anymore, but it's never come together looking this good in the end before, all in only 230mb. Only Meyrin's Kamichu H264 relases come close, but those are over 300mb and Roots still looks better.

On my almost 4 year old 2.8Ghz P4 it plays perfectly smooth with stock ffmpeg with full H264 deblocking and upscaling to native 1200p resolution. It does create a problem in that fansubs now look much better than what you will eventually be able to buy on DVD when the show is licensed, which will probably lead to more and more series being licensed even before the first episode is aired and distributors coming down hard on groups who distribute licensed material.
Old 2006-04-13, 13:25   Link #102
Access

I never liked the other .hack series (except some of the music) and played some of the first game, which I thought was OK. I watched the first ep. of this series though and I'll probably watch more, it seems interesting to say the least. Mostly for the characters.

When they talk about a 'second', I assume they mean a player's second character, ie. the guy already has a more powerful character but started a second one for whatever reason, so despite his low 'level' he has better skill at playing the game than an ordinary newbie.
Old 2006-04-13, 20:19   Link #103
Asakura_Y0h
little black butterfly

Send a message via MSN to Asakura_Y0h
Ok.. not sure if this is supposed to go here or support...

I'm dying to see this but unfortunately am not able to play both .mkv files. Have downloaded the core player but it seems to keep hanging the player up. Anyone has any better player suggestions than the core player for .mkv files? I've been googling it but there's a lot to choose from and I don't wanna download 5 different players and screw up my codec as well..... which is what happened when I tried downloading another player.... it screwed up my current codecs and I had to reinstall everything.....

Please... desperate HACK fan here and not being able to watch this will kill me

If you don't wanna flood the post... PM me

thanks
Old 2006-04-13, 21:18   Link #104
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

I say just download and install the K-Lite Codec Pack. Other than that you don't really need anything else.
Old 2006-04-14, 03:36   Link #105
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
Just watched the subbed version...

...interesting.

It appears Ovan had been the guild master of the guild "Twilight Brigade", with the likely purpose of locating and obtaining twilight artifacts. (Epitaph? Key? Or Bracelet? Any of the three is possible.)
Ovan is looking for Aura. Remember when Shino inquires if he wants to meet "her"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant
(Question: What is a "Second"? Those PKers, realising that Hasero is avoiding their attacks in a way not possible for a level 3 newbie, asked if he was a "Second"... And then promptly dismissed the idea and said he was just lucky.)
#1: What access said, a second character.
#2: Second form of the multi-weapon, and he's hiding in his first form.
Old 2006-04-14, 03:57   Link #106
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
I thought "her" was talking about the recruit, the cat girl.
Old 2006-04-14, 05:03   Link #107
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Ovan is looking for Aura. Remember when Shino inquires if he wants to meet "her
I don't read it that way. Aura is not in the opening credits, so it's unlikely she would be present so overtly.

It's more likely Shino was asking if Ovan wants to meet Tabi, a potential recruit for their once glorious but now depleted guild. They needed two more players joining up before their Guild status could be reinstated, so Tabi is important enough to be interviewed.

And Aura is not likely what is been looked for, because it was clear they were looking for objects rather than a person. They would be called the Aura Brigade otherwise.
Old 2006-04-14, 13:31   Link #108
Ori

Wow I am really impressed with Za Warudo's HD version of episode 1. My compter only has an embedded video card that would not let me play a few of the newer games (not even in lower resolution) but it still managed to play the episode smoothly. I used widow media classic and matroska pack. If it can play on my computer, I think it can play on any computer.

I just watched episode 2 (no, it's not subbed in English).

Short summary:

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-14, 18:27   Link #109
Eeknay
Gendo died for your sins.
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
I say just download and install the K-Lite Codec Pack. Other than that you don't really need anything else.
Don't do that. That will just make things worse.

Either go read the ASuki Playback Guide or install CCCP (clickmysig).
Old 2006-04-15, 08:25   Link #110
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-15, 08:37   Link #111
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Spoiler:
Why do I suddenly have a feeling the Endrance character is played by a returning character form the previous series?

note:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-15, 08:43   Link #112
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-15, 11:43   Link #113
Ori

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodachrome
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-15, 11:43   Link #114
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eeknay
Don't do that. That will just make things worse.

Either go read the ASuki Playback Guide or install CCCP (clickmysig).
Make it worse how? I actually tried out CCCP and I have to say that K-Lite's latest version is better. I swear that CCCP was really just a pain rather than an actual solution. Including when I would have problems with using .avi and .mkv files that worked ok before I installed CCCP.
Old 2006-04-15, 12:34   Link #115
Eeknay
*Fansubber

K-lite slings as many filters/splitters at your system as it possibly can, because somehow "redudancy is good". There will be conflicts, and it is by no means a good codec pack, nor should it be recommended under any circumstances.

If you yourself had playback problems with the CCCP all you had to do was ask the appropriate people rather than leaving it, going back to K-Lite and then recommending it further. I bet your problems stemmed from K-Lite in the first place.
Old 2006-04-15, 14:40   Link #116
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
K-lite slings as many filters/splitters at your system as it possibly can, because somehow "redudancy is good". There will be conflicts, and it is by no means a good codec pack, nor should it be recommended under any circumstances.
Funny how I never have that problem much less during the installation it's an option to exclude the installation of codecs. Talk about giving a criticism filed with utter arrogance in an invariable tone where there are quite a number of people who wouldn't agree with you.
Quote:
If you yourself had playback problems with the CCCP all you had to do was ask the appropriate people rather than leaving it, going back to K-Lite and then recommending it further. I bet your problems stemmed from K-Lite in the first place.
Tried to solve the problem with CCCP through both forum and mirc but in the end there still remained problems. I never installed K-Lite before using CCCP actually, so that's quite a losing bet right there.
Old 2006-04-15, 15:47   Link #117
Eeknay
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by neodrag38
Funny how I never have that problem much less during the installation it's an option to exclude the installation of codecs. Talk about giving a criticism filed with utter arrogance in an invariable tone where there are quite a number of people who wouldn't agree with you.
Yes, and I'm sure the leechers will study and examine the custom installation options quite carefully before installing. Not only that, I bet they'll know exact what every single component does. Oh yeah, and you're totally right, I forgot there were a ton of k-lite supporters and recommendations on this board.

You're in the minority here; not me. The pack doesn't *need* that much stuff crammed into it, and if you're smart enough to deselect the things you don't need and don't want borking your system, then I wager that you're smart enough to install the individual components yourself. Why are you using a bloated codec pack in the first place?

Quote:
Tried to solve the problem with CCCP through both forum and mirc but in the end there still remained problems. I never installed K-Lite before using CCCP actually, so that's quite a losing bet right there.
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you, but I'm not going to recommend k-lite (nor would I want anyone else to) based off of one bad expierence (and arguably a freak case).

In any event, we're way off topic from the anime at hand.
Old 2006-04-15, 16:29   Link #118
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

I'm not complaining, I like the ED, it suits whats going to happen in the GU storyline better than the op.
Old 2006-04-15, 20:39   Link #119
neodrag38
DEATH TO 4Kids

Quote:
Yes, and I'm sure the leechers will study and examine the custom installation options quite carefully before installing. Not only that, I bet they'll know exact what every single component does. Oh yeah, and you're totally right, I forgot there were a ton of k-lite supporters and recommendations on this board.
Didn't say that a "leecher" would have to have an absolute knowledge of every single component though it shouldn't be all too hard to know what a codec is much less that the last time I checked the opinions of those on this forum board aren't the only ones in existence.
Quote:
You're in the minority here; not me. The pack doesn't *need* that much stuff crammed into it, and if you're smart enough to deselect the things you don't need and don't want borking your system, then I wager that you're smart enough to install the individual components yourself. Why are you using a bloated codec pack in the first place?
Is really a codec pack that doesn't even reach beyond 50 mbs of taking space really that much of a bother? People at times prefer just simply having everything they'll need at time installed all at once instead of downloading multiple codes seperately. I still haven't found K-lite to be any worse than CCCP, to point that I could even say that it's better.
Quote:
Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you, but I'm not going to recommend k-lite (nor would I want anyone else to) based off of one bad expierence (and arguably a freak case).
Yet we have the existence of threads loaded with people who clearly aren't exactly having simply a good experience with CCCP. Where K-lite still so far to me has proven itself to be a solution rather than a bother. K-lite just seems to me to work better than CCCP did so I couldn't help but suggest it. I just simply made a suggestion rather than going out my way to act as if a pack is the Great Satan.
Quote:
In any event, we're way off topic from the anime at hand.
True.
Old 2006-04-15, 20:43   Link #120
Mincemaker
Hmmm?

I had been watching the .hack series since Sign (did not play the games. I don't like consoles) and so far, I had the feeling that .hack//Roots would be a much more interesting story than even Sign. Anyway, I'm intrique by Tri-Edge. He resembles Kite alot, which makes him a curious character. All I know about him is that he is a PKer (or Ganker in WoW terms).

And regarding Haseo, the way he plays seems to suggest that he is using an alternate character, I agree. Maybe that's the potential Ovan's talking about? That Haseo seems to have aplitude with his character?

And it is already mentioned in Roots, and even shown in Sign, that nobody really knows what is the Key of the Twilight. Though it has been shown in past series that the Key is, in fact, Aura. However, Ovan doesn't know that, does he? He just wants to find it because he believes it is something very powerful (it did gain a legendary status), or he is just very curious of the Key and wants to see it for himself.

And regarding Haseo, I seem to read somewhere that in GU, Haseo is no mere PKer, but a PKPKer, a PKer who targets other PKers.

And demon Haseo seems interesting.
Closed Thread