AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-03-04, 12:00   Link #101
Darklightz
Wagering his life...

The first episode was great.It seems this serie,even though it's the direct sequel of the first serie,will not focus so much on Koukin and Hakufu.

Although I"m not sure if I like the added supernatural elements.As long as they don't start throwing fireballs it'll be alright I guess.
Darklightz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 22:23   Link #102
eggplant
Eggplant

Saw episode 2.
Spoiler for Episode 2:

Yuri de yuri de yuriyuri ne!--Tsunomoto Rein

eggplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-04, 22:44   Link #103
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eggplant View Post
Saw episode 2.
Spoiler for Episode 2:
Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-05, 17:01   Link #104
aroduc
Ruiner of Things

Screenie dump!

For bonus points, find the 2 caps of Bunwa riding Houkou!

OP was kind of irritating honestly, but it did have some nice animation in places and some cool side-by-sides of the respective generals and the like. Also, very Hakufu-filled considering she has yet to show up.

Also, this shot was entirely too hot and NSFW to blip by in a quarter second in the OP.
Spoiler:
aroduc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 18:34   Link #105
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Just saw the first ep Ryomou looks very vultupious in second season . Lot of new chracters and my knowledge on Romance of 12 Kingdoms is very little so identifying the chracters is hard with new onslaught of chracters .
Old 2007-03-05, 19:25   Link #106
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Is it just me or does the ED sequence character design seem to be different? It looks as if it's drawn by Satoshi Urushihara or Koh Kawarajima.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 19:43   Link #107
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
well as expected from this series the OP has a lot of fanservicy scenes ^__^
ep 2 ~
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-05, 19:43   Link #108
Rurik
Golden

Just saw the First episode, really cool We get to see more of Kanu, hopefully, this time around she gets more screen time. but, with the ending alone have just the right amount of Kanu, and with great shots of her.

The animation for the ED was great. I can't complaint at the overall Quality of the Animation of this Episode, I liked it very much.
Old 2007-03-05, 20:08   Link #109
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler:
Old 2007-03-05, 20:42   Link #110
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
First episode was better than i thought the animation was nice and Ryomou in that chinese dress was just too hot for words. I enjoyed the first season of Ikki because i took for what it was fan-service glory with half naked chics kicking the crap out of each other. It looks like things are starting to come down to the wire and now there are 3 dominate schools poised for victory. From what i can tell Dragon Destiny will be forcused more on Ryuubi, Chouhi and Kanu with Sonsaku and the others appearing later.

Though Ikki Tousen is loosely and i mean very loosely based on the Romance of the three kingdoms, some similarities still shine through. One of the opening scenes in the first episode had Ryuubi reading about the Garden Oath. Which is directly related to the peach garden oath from the 3 kingdoms involving Liu Bei, Zang Fei and Guan Yu. Its pretty obvious who each girl is the reincarnation of

Ryuubi: Liu Bei who created the kingdom of Shu who valued Virtue above all else loved by his people wanted to return the Han to power.

Chouhi: Zhang Fei one of Liu Beis sword brother strong as an Ox but also had a bad temper fought with the legendary snake spear.

Kanu: Guan Yu the other sword brother of Liu Bei, said to be a match for 1000 men had a long flowing beard and is one of the greatest warriors of that time. Also it very obvious that Kanu is Guan Yu. Her hair being so long represents his beard and also Guan Yu prized Blue Dragon spear which Kanu carries now.

Another note each of these warriors died in combat so im interested to see how their perspective destines will be portrayed in the series.

I know there will be another character showing up later im not sure what her name is but apparently she carries the spirit of Zhuge Liang said to be the most brilliant military stagiest in history.

I think Hakafu Sonsaku carries the spirit of Sun Ce from Wu who died at an early age.

Looking forward to more i think if watch Ikki tousen for what its is and try to not expect the impossible it should pretty enjoyable. The comparison to Tenjo Tenge will always be there but i enjoyed them equally.
Old 2007-03-05, 21:02   Link #111
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

It would be great if anyone could post a high resolution screen shot of Rymou in that chinese dress . She resembles the only good thing in EVA Rei in many ways
Old 2007-03-05, 21:13   Link #112
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post

Ryuubi: Liu Bei who created the kingdom of Shu who valued Virtue above all else loved by his people wanted to return the Han to power.

Chouhi: Zhang Fei one of Liu Beis sword brother strong as an Ox but also had a bad temper fought with the legendary snake spear.

Kanu: Guan Yu the other sword brother of Liu Bei, said to be a match for 1000 men had a long flowing beard and is one of the greatest warriors of that time. Also it very obvious that Kanu is Guan Yu. Her hair being so long represents his beard and also Guan Yu prized Blue Dragon spear which Kanu carries now.

Another note each of these warriors died in combat so im interested to see how their perspective destines will be portrayed in the series.
None of the three die in combat althought Lui Bei was the cloest.

Lui Bei - die form wounds he taken form a ambush set by Lu Xun.

Guan Yu - Excuated after he capture by Lu Meng and Lu Xun

Zhang Fei - Killed during his sleep by 2 underlings who defected to Wu.
Old 2007-03-05, 21:42   Link #113
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
None of the three die in combat althought Lui Bei was the cloest.

Lui Bei - die form wounds he taken form a ambush set by Lu Xun.

Guan Yu - Excuated after he capture by Lu Meng and Lu Xun

Zhang Fei - Killed during his sleep by 2 underlings who defected to Wu.
I knew Liu Bei died from his wounds when Lu Xun set the trap at the battle of Yi Ling which was in retaliation for the death of Guan Yu, Guan Yu was captured and executed by Wu during the battle for the Jing province. I thought Zhang Fei and Guan Ping both died tried to rescue Guan Yu?

Or did the two underlings that killed Zhang Fei defect during the battle for Jing who Wu and Wei were also involved in?
Old 2007-03-06, 11:17   Link #114
masama
use the fōrks ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I knew Liu Bei died from his wounds when Lu Xun set the trap at the battle of Yi Ling which was in retaliation for the death of Guan Yu, Guan Yu was captured and executed by Wu during the battle for the Jing province. I thought Zhang Fei and Guan Ping both died tried to rescue Guan Yu?

Or did the two underlings that killed Zhang Fei defect during the battle for Jing who Wu and Wei were also involved in?
that really depends if we are talking about the novel or the history. In the novel, Zhang Fei was killed during his sleep by his 2 underlings because of his bad temper and drinking habits. They defected to Wu but were later executed by Wu as a sign of trying to amend the relationship with Shu, however Liu Bei declined and attacked Wu. Liu Bei didn't die from his wound, he fell ill after losing the battle along with the pain of losing Guan Yu and Zhang Fei, IIRC he died at least few months afterward. Anyway I think I'd stop for now since its going take me forever to find the english spellings for the names if I carry on.

back to ep2
Spoiler:
masama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-06, 13:22   Link #115
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by masama View Post
that really depends if we are talking about the novel or the history. In the novel, Zhang Fei was killed during his sleep by his 2 underlings because of his bad temper and drinking habits. They defected to Wu but were later executed by Wu as a sign of trying to amend the relationship with Shu, however Liu Bei declined and attacked Wu. Liu Bei didn't die from his wound, he fell ill after losing the battle along with the pain of losing Guan Yu and Zhang Fei, IIRC he died at least few months afterward. Anyway I think I'd stop for now since its going take me forever to find the english spellings for the names if I carry on.

back to ep2
Spoiler:
thanks for that i went and did a little research my self and there are a couple of different versions on what exactly happen but the results were still the same
Old 2007-03-08, 10:26   Link #116
Lumineya

Can someone help me out with the names to some of the characters? I'm trying ti mesh some hairstyles form the series, and knowing the names of the characters would be nice. :P

First, the Kunai assassin. Short light green hair, little tattoo on her face.
Second, the girl who has the same hairstyle as Ryofu, just darker blue and with little yellow ribbons.
Third, the guy with the light orange hair. I /think/ it's Sousou but I'm not sure.
Third, the girl with the long, white-ish hair.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Lumineya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-08, 12:10   Link #117
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumineya View Post
Can someone help me out with the names to some of the characters? I'm trying ti mesh some hairstyles form the series, and knowing the names of the characters would be nice. :P

First, the Kunai assassin. Short light green hair, little tattoo on her face.
Second, the girl who has the same hairstyle as Ryofu, just darker blue and with little yellow ribbons.
Third, the guy with the light orange hair. I /think/ it's Sousou but I'm not sure.
Third, the girl with the long, white-ish hair.

Thanks to anyone who can help.
Try posting the image of the girl you want id, it make s it a lot easier.

But form your description I think i know at least 2 of the girls.

The Kunai assassin is Hu Che'er (sp?). He was a general under Zhang Xue (sp?) He led the ambush agaisnt CaoCao that kill both Dian Wei and Cao Ang.

The girl with the Long, White-ish Hair - If she who I think you are refering to, she is Zhao Yun.
Old 2007-03-10, 12:22   Link #118
Demon Eyes
May Haru-ki Be With You

Send a message via MSN to Demon Eyes
Hello there fellow fns....

First, it's sad. So sad that all the bloggers dumped this series.

Plot this plot that.

I don't know about those that say this series has no plot but I see it quite cleary.

Anyway, that aside, I love this series. I never enjoyed TT but i love this one.

I have all the manga, watched all of the first season, think Koukin sucks, and dig Ryomou the best. She is super awe in the manga.

I hope Ayako doesn't dump the subs too.

That would be really depressing.

This is the one show I am watching till Striker S gets here(And Manabi Stright).

I did a vec of Ryomou by the way. It was on 4chan.
Demon Eyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 12:56   Link #119
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
I had no idea Kan-u Unchou was actually supposed to be Guan Yu. She came out of nowhere in the first series and everybody worshipped her, but she didn't do anything and was really kind of boring. I'm hoping they use her better this time around.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-10, 13:05   Link #120
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ yea this season seems to be more focused on the other schools and kanu looks to be the center of it all...i guess in S1 she was just used to tease the "hungry" viewers into wanting for more

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote