AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-02, 14:56   Link #41
Mega-Pimp
It's magic!

At first when I heard about this series I didn't think I would bother with it...not only does it have the standard "Little girl" thing...but HYPER Hurricanes and India+China in one alliance?(That invasion they dealt with in like 5 sec was abit odd too...suppose they'll get back to that later)
And shouldn't it be the coastal areas and not the center of the continents that are underwater?
I almost thought that the Americas would be named Jesus land, bah.

Still, those are things I can swallow if the rest is good. And the animation sure is fast paced and indeed it reminds me of Eureka Seven when it comes to characters.
Of course...A evil government named Logos with it's special unit of psychos named "Phantom"(pain?)
And to top it off we get battles between Savage jr and walker mechs stolen from GDI...

I don't know why, but heck. I like it
Old 2006-08-02, 15:16   Link #42
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Raw for ep 2 is out.
Old 2006-08-02, 15:24   Link #43
lommm
l'homme de lommm

Sweet!! Kiss is pretty fast, so the subs will be out soon.

I will make a better judgement once i've seen up to ep 04, but it is a very promising series...

and here i was starting to get disappointed about the summer season
Old 2006-08-02, 17:04   Link #44
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
Spoiler for episode 2:
Old 2006-08-02, 21:46   Link #45
evil-samurai

Spoiler for episode two:
Old 2006-08-04, 09:35   Link #46
Deacon Blues
Supreme Grocer
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Deacon Blues Send a message via MSN to Deacon Blues
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega-Pimp
And shouldn't it be the coastal areas and not the center of the continents that are underwater?
Depending on how these 'hyper-hurricanes' came ashore, no. If they ended up dumping a ton of rain onto the inner-continental regions, or of by some weird freak event tidal waves crashed that far in and stayed, then there ya go...
そして、戦っている人間が汚れて見えないのも事実だ」

So why do people fight, anyway?
Perhaps the meaning of existence lies within their will to fight.
People feel a sense of accomplishment through battle.
And it’s also a fact that the ones actually fighting are never perceived as being tainted.
Old 2006-08-05, 06:02   Link #47
9mmx19

Hmm looks like this could be a winner. First Coyote Ragtime and now this. Yay.
Old 2006-08-05, 07:11   Link #48
Anime Online

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues
Depending on how these 'hyper-hurricanes' came ashore, no. If they ended up dumping a ton of rain onto the inner-continental regions, or of by some weird freak event tidal waves crashed that far in and stayed, then there ya go...

That's unlikely, since both hurricanes and tidal waves lose energy the further they sweep ashore. Even if you dump alot of water inland, it is likely these will drain eventually to the low-lying coastal areas, rather than permanently submerging the heartlands.

The only likely scenerio, as I see it, would be the heartlands are all below sea-level (perhaps due to tectonic forces) and the dykes bursting due to tidal forces.
Old 2006-08-05, 12:09   Link #49
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online
That's unlikely, since both hurricanes and tidal waves lose energy the further they sweep ashore. Even if you dump alot of water inland, it is likely these will drain eventually to the low-lying coastal areas, rather than permanently submerging the heartlands.

The only likely scenerio, as I see it, would be the heartlands are all below sea-level (perhaps due to tectonic forces) and the dykes bursting due to tidal forces.
Well actually the center of the US is very low lying and flat. Back in prehistoric times the entire center of the North America was underwater. So if the sea level rose, it would probably flood that, and Florida would be completely submerged. Still doesnt make sense why the ice caps grew and the water rose. Unless the water in the south heated up not only expanding, but melting the antarctic ice.
Old 2006-08-05, 12:23   Link #50
i0td

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orchunter226
Unless the water in the south heated up not only expanding, but melting the antarctic ice.
If that's the case, then that is really taking the scenario to the extreme. But such rises in sea levels should no doubt cause the explosive hurricane storm surges that were described.

On another note, this show's plot is developing pretty well so far. It has potential for an excellent story to come.
Old 2006-08-05, 16:36   Link #51
ZeusIrae
Loyal Haruhist.

I didn't expect the animation to be that good.But the story doesn't make any sense.
Hyper-hurricanes?this isn't jupiter.I am tired of those so-called sci-fi show that don't even try to find a decent explanation to their precious apocalypse.Oh,well,could be worse;in tide line blue the giant tsunami reached space.

But it has a good potential,the little girl isn't a bet for loli-cons,hurray! we just avoided a disaster.
Oh,yes.......before I forget......I like the mechas,they are more believable than I expected.
Old 2006-08-05, 19:08   Link #52
Varis
Composed Eccentric

Send a message via AIM to Varis Send a message via Yahoo to Varis
who cares about the hurricanes... it's just a setting for the story. Just look at it as "shit happend and now japan consists of the elite and poor class. Why the girl is important and why those 2 (possibly ex phantoms) would save and hide her will be revealed as the story goes on.

I like the story so far and I'm happy that episode 2 is good too. Personally, I would have loved to send that scitsophrenic santa clause jr. on a swim with a big rock tied around his neck.... but that's just me. This boy needs meds BAD lol.

Looks like the phantom chick flies with high heels... and it seems that they are used whenever the military can't handle the heat. After they will get owned by Jin and Jo next ep. it will be unavoidable for the military to turn to phantom to handle the problem. Should be interesting.
Old 2006-08-05, 20:40   Link #53
DracolichWitch

Hmm, so far I like it. Typically post-apocolyptic, but has an intersting feel to it. Reminds me a bit of Evangelion, w/ out the giant Evangelions running around. I'm intersted in finding out what the twist will be.. there's always a twist....
Old 2006-08-06, 15:48   Link #54
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Madness

The second episode went slow, particularly the morbid silence between Sana and Jo together alone which was vexing.

However, they went on showing the Phantom corps. when not holding back on how viciously ruthless and drenched with bloodlust rampage at their job: killing.

And judging by the shots from the opening, it's inevitable for Jo and the group to get in their way sooner or later.
Spoiler:

As for Sana, since the Phantoms have her classified as 'Venus' said in the previous episode (hence part of the title to the show)......
Spoiler:
Old 2006-08-06, 23:08   Link #55
i0td

Apart from the unrealistic chance the world could've turned out the way it has as all of you have been discussing some posts back, I personally really like this setting they have set up here. The poorer districts have that nostalgic feel to them and the Logos districts are drawn beautifully. The music, though not upbeat the way I usually enjoy it, is still very appealing and really portrays the right moods at times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido
As for Sana, since the Phantoms have her classified as 'Venus' said in the previous episode (hence part of the title to the show)......
Spoiler:
Spoiler for reply:
Old 2006-08-06, 23:22   Link #56
MetalAlchemist17

So far I'm finding the story kind of interesting. Not incredible but not bad. I actually like the art. It's different from the other animes I've watched. Haven't paid enough attention to the music to comment on it really.
Old 2006-08-06, 23:31   Link #57
Orchunter226
Is rather bored...

I like the soundtrack alot. Dunno why but it kinda reminds me of RahXephon's music.
Old 2006-08-07, 01:22   Link #58
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Just watched Ep02, and it is looking good. Especially liked the video of the OP, even if the song is a bit so-so. I just dig the masked Jin with his black&white mask. I wonder though, why Sana has those Oni-like 'horn' ribbons.

It was also nice to see the Phantom Hit-Squad in action. Although they are more than likely to be future antagonists, their affliation is not yet that of bad guys. They are, to be cliche, just doing their jobs, and doing it well.

Also, although it was not mentioned, they used a hella lot of 40mm Beanbags, which is a standard non-lethal weapon used by Counter-Terrorists. These things HURT like HECK, and will easily render a man unconsicious, but not dead. It was interesting to note that it was mostly the squad leader that used it, the knive guy and the card guy preferring to permanently kill their targets.

So the Hit-Squad is not so bloodthristy after all. They do use non-lethal force at times.
Old 2006-08-07, 01:29   Link #59
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane
Just watched Ep02, and it is looking good. Especially liked the video of the OP, even if the song is a bit so-so. I just dig the masked Jin with his black&white mask. I wonder though, why Sana has those Oni-like 'horn' ribbons.

It was also nice to see the Phantom Hit-Squad in action. Although they are more than likely to be future antagonists, their affliation is not yet that of bad guys. They are, to be cliche, just doing their jobs, and doing it well.

Also, although it was not mentioned, they used a hella lot of 40mm Beanbags, which is a standard non-lethal weapon used by Counter-Terrorists. These things HURT like HECK, and will easily render a man unconsicious, but not dead. It was interesting to note that it was mostly the squad leader that used it, the knive guy and the card guy preferring to permanently kill their targets.

So the Hit-Squad is not so bloodthristy after all. They do use non-lethal force at times.
One of the guys in Phantom, at least, still believe in what their squad was suppose to stand for. He had high moral standards, and can't accept what the arms forces have become in general. Who knows how long could he last before coming to blows with his own team-mates or even his superiors?
Old 2006-08-07, 02:03   Link #60
sevenheaven7

who is the main character between the two man?Jin or the other?
Closed Thread

Tags
action