AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-16, 19:59   Link #421
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Woah. This is a very serious episode indeed. Aki's character is quite interesting than Kyouhei.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post

So, why isn't Aki the main character...? He's much more interesting than Kyouhei. He's the one who gets the ladies too. Hell, I wouldn't be surprised if Hibino fell in love with him after hearing that story. That would be an awesome twist
This is very unlikely to happen after what I....
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 20:18   Link #422
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsaken_Infinity View Post

@Kusa-San: I don't think Aki is being portrayed as an antagonist at all. The show looks more or less an ensemble cast to me with the narration mostly done from the POV of Kyohei.
Well, it may be true he's not an antagonist however for me, it's clear that he's not as important as Kyouhei in this storie. Utao and Kyouhei are the most important one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuopidget View Post
I'm surprised the other manga readers didn't point this out but Kyouhei isn't as useless as he is in this episode. He actually confronted that bastard (who's name I didn't bother to remember), and that's when he found out that sensei and Aki were together; this is before he attempted to confess to the teacher and she told him to always be friends with Aki.

Kyouhei knew about them and didn't care, cause he really did like her, and he actually acted on it, so I felt that he should deserve some credit (and before you guys yell at me for spoilers, comparison of events that won't be covered by the anime is 100% ok). Also this should clear up any rumors about Kyouhei actually sending that picture.

To be honest, I bloody hate this flashback both in anime and manga. I was ok until the point where that shithole and his gang had his way with the teacher. I rather they beat the crap out of her or even physically decapitate her body parts or something. I dislike authors who want to instill realism and anguish in the plot through rape. Presentation and the plot are both great, but there are better ways to make a villain than just making him into a lustful dickface.

EDIT: Oh yeah, most important thing, Aki x Kyouhei = best end, you all know you want it.
Thanks for this clarification however, no, I know I don't want this "best end" at all
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 20:41   Link #423
jzmagic
flargansbog

I hate it when rape is introduced to the story, ugh...
jzmagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 21:01   Link #424
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

What is up with this show? How did it make me go from ''Oh, I guess there isn't anything better to do on Tuesday's'' to ''Holy crap, why isn't today Tuesday already!?''?

I haven't posted much since episode 3, but that was really due to my own laziness than the show not having much to talk about, because this has a lot of things to talk about.

Spoiler for Long post:

So yes, this was a fantastic episode, Kyouhei's father, Aki and Chihaya all appeared as humans with their own weaknesses and reasons for acting how they did and still do, and even Aki's half brother, for the scum he is, still had his reasons for doing what he did. The animation was the same as usual, but the art direction was something else, the music was badass (Chiaki Ishikawa new song is great, and the idea for her lullabies to indicate who controls the dolls is an novel and excellent idea) and the tragic nature of the episode was beautifully captured.

10/10. If you excuse me, I'm going to eat my words about this being Brain Base's low key project.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu View Post
I have to wonder just where Moyako grabbed Utao. After all, the order she passed on was not to clench her butt, but to clench her buttHOLE. After telling a girl to spread her legs, clench her anus and focus all her power on her crotch, I kinda doubt she just grabbed a buttock. After all, she never told Utao to do anything with her gluts.
You really do focus on the strangest things.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean_the_Young View Post
I actually tried this series starting at episode 6, and am glad I did. A lot of earlier complaints might have turned me away: episode three's 'why do we have five minutes of cake' makes sense when you realize that simply cycling the rest of the content up five minutes wouldn't have worked once you considered the following episode's pacing, and so on.
Um, I hop my posts weren't the ones that scared you off

The thing with the early episodes of this show, I never tried to make what I said come across as being too negative, so I often tried to make it sound a bit funny. Clearly that had failed ...

As for being cliche, that wasn't actually one of my points at all when talking about this show. My issue came from the handling of the tones and how there was a lack of balance at the start, not that the show wasn't the most original thing I've seen.
Quote:
Utao is the real strength of the show so far, and if I had to give the show any criticism it's that they try too hard with her. She's the comedic relief agent, she's the one with the most out-of-place animation styles, she's the one with the over-the-top reactions...
I gave you a rep for what you wrote about Utao, but I wanted to point out a thing: I don't personally mind Utao, and I said as much in the thread, but like you had pointed out, they just try too hard with her many times. Yes, she's cute, but don't push that angle down my throat by over extending scenes showcasing her cuteness when it could be better used adding on her other positive qualities and growth like you had mentioned.
Quote:
There's a lot of familiar, badly trod ground this series doesn't go into. Invincible bodies of major characters, the super-sinister cult villages (surprisingly normal and even loving, if a bit sketchy), the romance-comedy fields and the tsundere traps, no maid armies or over-extended misinterpretations...
Are you talking about Sacred Seven? Because it sounds like your talking about Sacred Seven.
Quote:
Not everything is NEW and AMAZING, and it certainly can claim flaws, but so far Kamisama Dolls has not been a conventional cliche boilerplate anime.
Oh, your talking about Blood-C ...

And hey, Blood-C doesn't have maids in it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
Wow..... That was quite an ep. Funny how I can't say anything about it, because... it needs to be seen, anything I say here won't do it justice

I mean, discarding the usual OP and ED to emphasize the seriousness of this story of Aki, well done. I'm glad I didn't drop this series after that "cake incident", this series is a good example of me experiencing many different emotions, and I'm lovin it.

I believe it has a lot to do with this. For example, Kyohei can keep sensei's promise and be friends with the dog-loving Aki, but not the slice-and-dice Aki
I don't think that the sakuga cake was a good reason to drop the show (I mean, it was one fine looking cake tbf) but yeah, the show had been gradually getting better and better with each episode.

As for being friends, I think that Aki clearly cares for Kyohei (I mean he thought of him when he decided to not die) but he just wants him to not just be so goddamn passive and do something on his own.

That being said, yeah, Aki should work on his methods to break Kyohei out of his state. Killing people doesn't make one look too good in others eyes
Quote:
Originally Posted by mols View Post
lol, funny to suggest suicide... when stabbed in the back!!
He must have watched detective Conan. The episode where the victim got herself stabbed from the back with a block of ice ...
Quote:
Well... that was unexpected.

Crazy as this was, something that this episode struck me with is that we know very, very little of what Kyohei thought... and it was his own flashback! (Sorta.)

We get a lot more insight about how others feel about others, and even how others feel about Koyhei, than we get about how Kyohei feels about others. Past his obvious affection for Sensei, he's still a main character with a lot of suppressed feelings towards, well, everyone, even as his surface emotions seem obvious.
I thought that the episode was meant to be more convenient to the viewers, hence why it was was more of an omni-flashback than a Kyohei-centric flashback, since we needed to get the full picture rather than Kyohei who only knew of the entire details much later. Better for us to not really listen to him not doing anything (in this version)

That being said, it was funny how he had managed to get so little screen time in his own flashback

Quote:
I'm surprised the other manga readers didn't point this out but Kyouhei isn't as useless as he is in this episode. He actually confronted that bastard (who's name I didn't bother to remember), and that's when he found out that sensei and Aki were together; this is before he attempted to confess to the teacher and she told him to always be friends with Aki.

Kyouhei knew about them and didn't care, cause he really did like her, and he actually acted on it, so I felt that he should deserve some credit (and before you guys yell at me for spoilers, comparison of events that won't be covered by the anime is 100% ok). Also this should clear up any rumors about Kyouhei actually sending that picture.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzhk View Post
Looks like Episode 7 confirms beyond doubt (through the kakashi tunes) what was never clearly stated in the manga:
Kyouhei was the one controlling Kukuri in Episode 5 when the left hand opened and reflected Takemigazuchi's lightning attack.
Thanks for you two confirming these things And yes, the idea of the lullaby changing from user to user does make it clear what happened back in episode 5. So it seems like Kyouhei might not have broken his own bond eh?
Quote:
To be honest, I bloody hate this flashback both in anime and manga. I was ok until the point where that shithole and his gang had his way with the teacher. I rather they beat the crap out of her or even physically decapitate her body parts or something. I dislike authors who want to instill realism and anguish in the plot through rape. Presentation and the plot are both great, but there are better ways to make a villain than just making him into a lustful dickface.

EDIT: Oh yeah, most important thing, Aki x Kyouhei = best end, you all know you want it.
I'm not a fan of rape in story telling either (but I don't know about decapitation lol I know I wouldn't have been a fan of that) , but I think that the way it was presented here it made sense for it to happen. I didn't like it at all, and like I said my blood boiled when he said he gang raped her, but to me it was like reading how Ramsay Bolton had been treating women in general in A Dance with Dragons. It was sickening, and made me wish it didn't happen, but at the same time it was more of a natural progression of their characters and what they had done before hand. Not saying that a two-bit character like ass hole here can hold a candle to Ramsay in terms of being a villain, but it didn't feel like it was added in to install realism and angst like it's done in comic books. More like the conclusion to the way the village is willing to accept this sort of behavior from Seki, and how it ended up causing this tragedy.
Old 2011-08-16, 21:24   Link #425
KilluaX90

Great episode. We finally get some flashbacks about Aki's past, and it's bloody.
Quote:
Can you tell me what's they're talking about? Since I don't understand Japanese and only look at the raws, I kinda forgot about that

Quote:
I think his raping her actually makes more sense than anything you mentioned. He was after her body from the start.

Quote:
No, it's not. I WILL BREAK THAT ILLUSION OF YOURS!!!!
KilluaX90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 21:28   Link #426
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

So being emo will get you girls???
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 22:27   Link #427
woodearth
Ramen Hunter

A couple of comments.

The tonal and pacing problems are more due to the source material. It really jumps from funny to serious and from one character to another. In fact I think the anime team did a better job in linking related segments together while remaining quite faithful to the manga. I hope they continue on this path and avoid an anime original ending.

As for who took the picture of Aki and Sensei, it is implied in the manga that it was Atsushi or his cronies.
Old 2011-08-16, 22:35   Link #428
Kunagisa

@Arabesque, KilluaX90
I agree with both of you, but still ;____;

@KilluaX90
Spoiler for Chapter 17:

Too bad the anime will never get to chapter 42 even at this incredible breakneck pace. Should've been 26 episodes ... (this is 13 episodes right??)
Kunagisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 22:37   Link #429
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Where did his episode come from... really, they can just make a new show out of this one, since it had absolutely nothing to do with the silly action show I was watching for half a cour

Still, amazing episode, it's a shame it aired in place of such a mediocre show this week

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoarfrost View Post
Why can't we all be the victims of such lucky convenience?
ORLY? I guess you consider ppl lucky when their best friends abondon them, everyone hates them, their pets get slaughtered like dogs (ironic, I know), and their girlfriends gangraped by their family... Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmagic View Post
I hate it when rape is introduced to the story, ugh...
WTF? You were not bothered by murder, torture, hypocricy, injustice, and persecution... but rape? What's next, get comment like Yosuga no Sora that Nao raped Haruka (in this Sensei and Aki)... oh! wait, I forgot, teacher doing the exact same thing is OK because she got gangraped later in the episode, while Nao is a slut Ah! people, you must get your priorities straight

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Messed up ones... definitely
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 23:01   Link #430
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
and before you guys yell at me for spoilers, comparison of events that won't be covered by the anime is 100% ok
Only under spoiler tags though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
ORLY? I guess you consider ppl lucky when their best friends abondon them, everyone hates them, their pets get slaughtered like dogs (ironic, I know), and their girlfriends gangraped by their family... Okaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay
It's obvious the post referred to just the having sex with Sensei part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
WTF? You were not bothered by murder, torture, hypocricy, injustice, and persecution... but rape? What's next, get comment like Yosuga no Sora that Nao raped Haruka (in this Sensei and Aki)... oh! wait, I forgot, teacher doing the exact same thing is OK because she got gangraped later in the episode, while Nao is a slut Ah! people, you must get your priorities straight
It happens, oh so much. The human mind is scary.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 23:08   Link #431
Malkuth
Banned

@s_b: Unfortunately, I always look at the greater picture, and some chick getting gangrapped does not strike me as significant, when she is brutally murdered along with a couple of dozen other dudes
Old 2011-08-16, 23:28   Link #432
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
I thought it was the other way around? I mean, Moyako only got interested with Aki when she founds out his nice side, and Sensei only started her relationship with him after he 'consoled' her after the blackboard incident.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-16, 23:36   Link #433
Malkuth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I thought it was the other way around? I mean, Moyako only got interested with Aki when she founds out his nice side, and Sensei only started her relationship with him after he 'consoled' her after the blackboard incident.
No, she was into him before, but scared, since he was more psycho, rather than emo... plus the comment probably referred to the doublymutli-soiled sensei
Old 2011-08-16, 23:42   Link #434
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I already liked this show very, very much - but that ep was a game-changer.

I love it when a series that's already working can surprise me by taking itself to another level.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 02:27   Link #435
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
she is not primarily a fanservice character. What she has is not central to her character, and it's very much something you need to work yourself over since the viewer can nearly always just not stare. For the most part, the camera angles don't exist to emphasize the bust, like most series love to do.
I mentioned this very early in the series; the fact that she's not the object of fanservice camera angles makes seeing her so much more enjoyable (imo). That means it's not ruining the tone of this series, and... actually, as Mahoraba's biggest fan it's no surprise

Quote:
but her place in the plot remains to be found. As a 'outsider' who's entering into the world of the dolls, she's currently not very involved in any respect. But then, that's not exactly typical for a female lead of an anime series.
Eh, I wouldn't count her out just yet. I think of it this way: she could very well be Sensei Ver2.0 that kind of mediator between Aki and Kyohei, and maybe she will do what Sensei didn't get the chance to do: make these 2 friends again. The fun part is,
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostfriendly
I'm pretty sure Aki and the mad glasses-taser-pellet gun-gas explosion girl will have started sleeping together by the time the gang get back to the city. Those two complement each other nicely.
Oh, that's the first shipping I decided on, yes I did. There's an interesting parallel between the past and present. Aki and Kyohei had feelings for Sensei in some sort of way, but that didn't work out. Now we have Kuuko, who like Sensei is pretty much tired of life, and we have Hibino, who apparently has that motherly side and face of Sensei. Who knows... maybe Aki and Kyohei have found their matches, although,

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I dunno about that. There's still the mystery girl in the opening episode, who's too old to be Utao as she looked the same age as Aki/Kyou in that flashback.

All I can say... my osananajimi senses are tingling! Though still unclear who this girl is, as she doesn't quite look like Moyako (the girl who repairs Seki; the one who's hanging around with Kyouhei this episode). So yeah, I be waiting on the clear up before I start shipping Kyohei with anyone lols. XD
Oh I'm still foggy about her too. She is a Hyuga, and with the advent of that poster a few pages back, I continually wonder what her relationship to Kyohei is. Maybe I'll have some of your osananajimi tingling senses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Thanks for you two confirming these things And yes, the idea of the lullaby changing from user to user does make it clear what happened back in episode 5. So it seems like Kyouhei might not have broken his own bond eh?
I made this post a few clicks back, and when I watched episode 07 the first thing I noticed was Kuramitsuha's song was different than I last heard. Then I heard Kyohei's Kukuri song and wow, deja vu

If somebody were to ask what's the difference between the manga and anime, heck I'll say the sounds. Too bad you can't hear subtle attention to details in manga
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 05:28   Link #436
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Lol, that was one fucked up past. But i have a question: Did Kyohei stop being a Seki when he found out that Aki didn't kill the teacher or was that before?
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 05:51   Link #437
mangatron

^-Yeah, seems like this episode really hit home with a lot of us here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
But i have a question: Did Kyohei stop being a Seki when he found out that Aki didn't kill the teacher or was that before?
According to the order of his words, Kuramitsudoll was sealed for a thousand years, Kyohei resigned as position of doll handler, and then later he read Sensei's autopsy report and found out she was killed by "a sharp object under the control of Atsushi"

Okay maybe not worded that way, but you get the idea
Old 2011-08-17, 05:56   Link #438
TCman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Lol, that was one fucked up past. But i have a question: Did Kyohei stop being a Seki when he found out that Aki didn't kill the teacher or was that before?
Perhaps before that, since Kyohei weren't able to protect his Sensei while he already promised her that several times. That would be a good reason to stop being a Seki, since being a Seki he couldn't save Sensei at all, and he certainly didn't want something to do with the "feud" between Kuga and Hyuuga anymore; and his "emotionless" father's attitude towards almost everything certainly didn't help.
TCman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 06:02   Link #439
zzhk
Summary Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziziphus View Post
I checked back that scene from ep 5 and you're right! Very nice.

I forgot to say, as broken as Aki was 4 years ago, he won the heart of two ladies. Kyouhei on the other hand... Well, it's his fault for being so uptight back then.

Do you think the content of this spoiler will be shown in this anime at any time in the future? I want to see it but if it has any probability to be covered later on then I will restrict myself.

EDIT: Actually, zzhk, according to the forum rules, if your spoiler has any chance of being covered in future episodes it's not wanted. In that case I think you'd better remove it before someone complains about it. :P
Well, technically Kyouhei already had 2 girls admiring him by that time...
But moot point since he's neither siscon nor lolicon :P
Uptight? I think he's just the shy type, especially in front of his crush.
Anyway, Kyouhei wins the ladies through heroic action, not angsty looks.

When push comes to shove, Kyouhei is the dependable one.
Recall the Episode 1 opening, when being attacked by the giant kakashi, Aki is in shock while Kyouhei has to drag him to safety.

Actually, the spoiler simply explains some manga details for the scene already shown in the anime, so it should be fair game.

Quote:
Too bad the anime will never get to chapter 42 even at this incredible breakneck pace. Should've been 26 episodes ... (this is 13 episodes right??)
Chapter 42 would actually be a good stopping point to end the season after a major battle.
Action scenes easily compress when animated.
The manga seems to be heading towards the end, so a 2nd season probably isn't too far off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron
Oh I'm still foggy about her too. She is a Hyuga, and with the advent of that poster a few pages back, I continually wonder what her relationship to Kyohei is. Maybe I'll have some of your osananajimi tingling senses
She's Mahiru Hyuga. It can be figured it out by recognizing Kana Hanazawa's voice crying in the opening and checking the credits in Episode 1.
Probably not much of a spoiler to say she's Koushiro's sister.

<snipped>

Last edited by monir; 2011-08-17 at 12:03.
zzhk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 06:41   Link #440
mangatron

I know it's her, I actually identified her by her hair My hairstyle fetish aside, I like to wonder about her position in all this because we're entering episode 08, heading back to the city, where has she been all this time? I haven't read that far into the manga (not like a lot was released anyways), but judging by her clothing... she's in an all-girls school somewhere downtown?

Make that 2 that left the village!

Last edited by monir; 2011-08-17 at 12:04. Reason: quote removed which contained spoiler

Tags
action, fantasy, horror, romance, seinen