AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-08-17, 23:39   Link #461
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Let me try to address this seriously... dog/sensei-loving Aki is the same Aki that can massacre two dozens people. The same person, the same thought process, the same emotions... the only difference is his environment... in one case he feels love and support around him, and in the other he experiences isolation and persecution.
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-17, 23:52   Link #462
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

Episode 7 really turned out nicely, and it seems like they finally figured out how to make the series work. There were inconsistencies in the previous episode, but they dropped all the silliness this time, and succeeded at not only making a villain relatable, but even easy to root for.
Old 2011-08-18, 01:21   Link #463
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

^--True indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malkuth View Post
Let me try to address this seriously... dog/sensei-loving Aki is the same Aki that can massacre two dozens people. The same person, the same thought process, the same emotions... the only difference is his environment... in one case he feels love and support around him, and in the other he experiences isolation and persecution.
Of course he's the same guy, he's always been called Aki

In all seriousness though, the point I'm trying to get across is the Aki-without-a-doll, and the Aki-with-a-doll. In ep 07 we hear that apparently he misused his doll when he first had it, and it was stripped away from him, and he was shunned by most of the village as a waste of Oxygen. Enter sensei, who apparently got him to take care of the doggy instead of slaughter it. It's no doubt Aki fell for sensei, but then she too was taken away from him. The last thing he almost saw in his life was the doll he used to be connected to, and his fate apparently was to be with the doll. What he did with it afterwards is all she wrote, but I find it no coincidence that it is this scene, the bloodstained Aki, that we have been seeing quite a lot earlier in the series, this scene Kyohei liked to recall the most, making it apparent that it is this part about Aki he just can't accept.

Remember back in... ep 04, when Kyohei is playing boxing with a wall, he recalled sensei's promise. Again, it is no coincidence that he recalled this particular scene, as apparently, he wants to be friends with Aki, but there's something about Acky that he cannot accept, and I'd bet my Utao that it's because Aki can speak of murder like it's.... fun.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 16:41   Link #464
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Send a message via MSN to Jin Kizuite
Just got back from work. Before leaving I read the random curosity impressions about how he did not understand current agitations between Kyohei and Aki, and him not liking Sensei. Now that I got back I was gonna blast a massive wall about how they were protrayed as realistic human I see that over a dozen posts have already been made so I'll have to skip that.

However my one cripe with this episode was Sensei jumping in to take the blow at the end and dieing. Half of it you can say for it be understandable. Her feeling isolated after days with Aki being the only guy that comforted her. (Kyohei offered protection but hes just too shy. If I was a girl, I would prefer Aki as well. Kyo's personality just feels off-putting from a boyfriend potentional standpoint.) You could chalk it up to be an irrational decision, spurred on by her depression (?) and prehaps suicidal thoughts.

Yet on the other hand you can say it was not understandable she sacrificed herself. She had only just bedded Aki the night before which can be seen as a "one night stand". From my view the more realistic outcome was for her to not try and shield Aki and *insert a different plot* happened instead. Having been portrayed as a proper flawed human who is "somewhat" selfish (I say this because she did it was her student's dad) it came off a cheap plot device to suddenly have her become self-sacrificing and take the hit. A normal person, let alone her persona would not have done that.

It wouldn't of made good entertainment though, and it had to be done to tie up the plot so while cheap I will just believe it was for the former reasons she did so.

Secondly I didn't like how they tagged on at the very end "It was only later I found out it was not Aki". I could see why they do it, because if they didn't it would of been a disappointing plot for him to be angry (not that he isn't) at Aki over a misunderstanding that could of been cleared by saying "I didn't do it". After all the years that had passed (2-3?) It would of been a very facepalm side tale. I do wonder if there was another way they could of done that.

Lastly this episode lowered my like meter towards Kyohei. Was I the only guy that felt it was laughable that Kyohei was still trying to confess his love for Sensei after she already done the deed with Aki.
His character needs grow fast as he feels stale and dislikable to me at the moment, as well as weird. His character summary right now can be pretty much broken down to normal guy that grunts "Aki" in a nasty tone once in a while.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Jin Kizuite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 17:04   Link #465
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Oh please, Why Kyouhei is "off-putting from a boyfriend potentional standpoint" ? Just because he's not a psycho like Aki ? Kyouhei is maybe a little shy with girl but when the situation need it, he's here and badass. It's Kyouhei who protected the teacher at the beginning not Aki who didn't care about her at all (at first). So your "off-putting from a boyfriend potentional standpoint" is weird.

I can't stand people saying that Aki is better than Kyouhei when Aki is a "psycho" (to be fair, it's not really true but you just piss me off so..) who doesn't care about killing people and when they don't even seem to undertand Kyouhei as a character. And actually, I can even say that Aki's mind is less stronger than Kyouhei's.

And damit, Kyouhei is a normal guy !? What's the problem being normal (which is not even true since he's pretty much the best seki ) and not being someone like Aki who became insane ?

And btw, before there are some misunderstanding, I like Aki too as a character (I like all the charcter in this serie ) !

Last edited by Kusa-San; 2011-08-18 at 17:43.
Kusa-San is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 17:25   Link #466
Sol Falling

Sensei didn't pick Aki just because he's more reliable than Kyohei (or some other comparison between them). She was attracted to Aki from the start. That was because of his eyes.

When she said, by making love to Aki, that she was taking revenge, she meant it. The eyes of her student who saw her, which were filled with former trust. Sensei was dirtying herself, showing weakness, and intentionally trying to make Aki dirty by association. To draw him into the same weakness which she had been so completely punished for succumbing to herself.

Loneliness, love, and hatred. The desire to draw somebody else into the same weakness and dirtiness within which she lived herself. Her decision to take an innocent young boy sexually originated from this mixture of resentment and desire.

I think, the reason why Sensei sacrificed herself to protect Aki, was because she genuinely loved him. She loved him because she saw him as similar to herself. She had sex with him because her resentment was also a reflection of hatred for herself. Ultimately, no matter how much she tried to dirty both of them by seducing him with sex, her love, attraction, and identification with Aki were nonetheless the dominant feeling. That's why she protected his life over her own.

edit:
PS. Why Aki types are more attractive than Kyohei types: because they can (at least seemingly) relate to women as actual humans. All Kyohei sees when he looks at sensei is some pure and kind idealization. He's unable to see her human weaknesses--and even when he can, he can't relate to them. That's suffocating. Aki was able to show sensei kindness that came from a knowledge of the cruelty of the world. The 'protection' Kyohei offered, alternatively, came from a naive and self-righteous perspective of what's "good"/"right".
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 18:03   Link #467
Kusa-San

Ok, maybe I overeacted a bit. Firstly, What I don't undertand is why people are saying that Aki is more likable than Kyouhei when we see how the actual Aki is. Kyouhei was the normal teenager in this flashback and the fact that he didn't end with the teacher is a good proof of that since she was herslef broken (like Aki). Actually, Aki the Sasuke of KamiSama Doll more or less.

I find Kyohei more interresting because when it comes to women he likes, he's a bit shy. On the other hand, he can be badass when the situation need it and even sometimes go berserk (like with Aki in ep 4). So he's not really the Naruto of KamiSama doll because I think he's less gentle than him. In fact, he's really human.

And btwn I don't see a girl wanting to have the actual Aki as a boyfriend since he's pretty much completly broken (even more since Sensei death). Righ now, the one who is weak is Aki not Kyouhei. Kyouhei's mind is stronger than Aki's. That's why he doesn't end up like him. But actually, it's not surprising at all. Aki's child life was harder than Kyouhei's one.

Last edited by Kusa-San; 2011-08-18 at 18:35.
Old 2011-08-18, 18:19   Link #468
Excorsism

If they ever to decide to explain what the deal was at the beginning of the first episode, I'm sure people will change their opinions of Kyouhei. I hope. Don't fail me now, anime.
Old 2011-08-18, 18:50   Link #469
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
Oh please, Why Kyouhei is "off-putting from a boyfriend potentional standpoint" ? Just because he's not a psycho like Aki ? Kyouhei is maybe a little shy with girl but when the situation need it, he's here and badass. It's Kyouhei who protected the teacher at the beginning not Aki who didn't care about her at all (at first). So your "off-putting from a boyfriend potentional standpoint" is weird.
I am unsure of how to word this. If I had to compare, it is like how "emo" guys that try to get with a girl only pushes the girl away because of his negativity.

... That comparison wasn't the best but when I asked a few people what they thought the majority preferred Aki.

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2011-08-18, 19:10   Link #470
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
I am unsure of how to word this. If I had to compare, it is like how "emo" guys that try to get with a girl only pushes the girl away because of his negativity.
I don't think he's like that at all. In fact, I'm sure it will be the contrary. He will try to help her as much as he can. And it's funny because I'm sure it will not be the case with Aki because Aki is broken too. That's why he can't help someone who is also broken.

Aki didn't help the teacher to feel better in the flasback. No, they end up together because they were the same. I'm pretty sure that if they stayed together, it would not have been an happy ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism
If they ever to decide to explain what the deal was at the beginning of the first episode, I'm sure people will change their opinions of Kyouhei. I hope. Don't fail me now, anime.
Yeah I hope too !
Old 2011-08-18, 23:21   Link #471
KilluaX90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jin Kizuite View Post
J
Yet on the other hand you can say it was not understandable she sacrificed herself. She had only just bedded Aki the night before which can be seen as a "one night stand". From my view the more realistic outcome was for her to not try and shield Aki and *insert a different plot* happened instead. Having been portrayed as a proper flawed human who is "somewhat" selfish (I say this because she did it was her student's dad) it came off a cheap plot device to suddenly have her become self-sacrificing and take the hit. A normal person, let alone her persona would not have done that.
Don't know why you think it was a "one night stand". Sensei was portrayed as a "flawed human" but she's no slut. She also talked about eloping with Aki, so I think Sensei was truly in love with Aki. And after getting gang-raped, I think she would have a little suicidal tendency. So I think her shielding Aki is understandable given her love for Aki and her suicidal tendency at that moment.
KilluaX90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 23:28   Link #472
Lexxus
YES! Hahahaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilluaX90 View Post
Don't know why you think it was a "one night stand". Sensei was portrayed as a "flawed human" but she's no slut. She also talked about eloping with Aki, so I think Sensei was truly in love with Aki. And after getting gang-raped, I think she would have a little suicidal tendency. So I think her shielding Aki is understandable given her love for Aki and her suicidal tendency at that moment.
Did she really got raped? Well, IIRC she still has a clothes when Aki got there and it looks like Aki's half-brother was just messing with him.
Lexxus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-18, 23:35   Link #473
EroKing

There was some bruise around her mouth and her eyes looked half-dead highly suggesting rape.
Old 2011-08-19, 00:22   Link #474
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxus View Post
Did she really got raped? Well, IIRC she still has a clothes when Aki got there and it looks like Aki's half-brother was just messing with him.
I've noticed this around other forums as well but, you (and others with the same thought) do know that anyone can get raped and still have their clothes mostly on right? It's not like you have to strip bare to do the deed. Considering what a dickwad Atsushi was portrayed as plus other mentioned signs, it's very certain she was raped, unpleasant as the thought may be.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 05:18   Link #475
Seiryuu

One thing that occurred to me after watching this ep was, was Aki really the "demon" the principal described him as? They said that he'd killed lots of animals as a kid, a common sign of potentially homicidal mental imbalance. However, we've also got this older guy who thinks he can do anything to get what he wants and will do anything to get 'back' the honored position that is his by "right" and that Aki, with his impure blood, stole from him. It seems kind of convenient for the guy who would go to any lengths to get what he wants that the guy he wants stripped of his position was found to be disturbed.
I would not be surprised to find out that the bastard had gone about killing animals and framing Aki, possibly killing animals that Aki showed an attachment to. No matter how stable a person is, it could be difficult to keep a kind, caring heart when everytimie he cared for something it was destroyed. I could see him starting as a truly good person but gradually being broken by Atsushi and made into the monster he is now. And even if he was a skilled seki, there'd probably still be a strong tendency for the people to suspect a person who's not of pure blood to have some sort of problems.

At any rate, I too find it a little hard to see the guy we saw in this episode as a monster who was born evil. Also, being abused, persecuted, framed, etc. would fit with Aki's line that it's not him but the town that's insane.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 08:24   Link #476
Jin Kizuite
Guns Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KilluaX90 View Post
Sorry my english isn't top notch. What I was trying to say by that was she sex'd him on impulse. I believe if she lived she would not of done so again. My envisioned alternate path would be her just leaving the village and never seen again, something along the lines of just leaving Aki. Thus I called it one night stand. But I guess it has a different meaning? D:

Credit @ fallschirmjager
Old 2011-08-19, 10:51   Link #477
Crimrui
Hollow

Send a message via Yahoo to Crimrui
It's kinda interesting when there is a female in a show who acts like a real life person and it's immediately called a slut. If anything I felt sorry for her and clearly didn't deserve that fate. As for Aki, he was a bit annoying at first, but after looking at the flashback, I understand his side a bit.

Kyouhei was cool, wanting to protect Sensei on his own. I love how he is shy among girls but still says what he wants to say, or at least tries really hard. And Kyouhei's father is a bit of an ass. His parental support is rather blank. Was he blackmailed or something as he kinda hangs on the rules a bit too much...?
Old 2011-08-19, 11:57   Link #478
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post
It's kinda interesting when there is a female in a show who acts like a real life person and it's immediately called a slut. If anything I felt sorry for her and clearly didn't deserve that fate. As for Aki, he was a bit annoying at first, but after looking at the flashback, I understand his side a bit.

Kyouhei was cool, wanting to protect Sensei on his own. I love how he is shy among girls but still says what he wants to say, or at least tries really hard. And Kyouhei's father is a bit of an ass. His parental support is rather blank. Was he blackmailed or something as he kinda hangs on the rules a bit too much...?
I don't see what's wrong with Kyohei's father. It isn't like he forbade him to do anything, he just told him to do it himself, sensible considering that he's the Seki with all the influence that position connotes. But at the end of the day, Kyohei didn't want to rock the boat more than he wanted to protect her.

I saw that scene as a wise father instructing a naive son, who was perhaps feigning a conviction that was not really there..
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-19, 12:11   Link #479
EroKing

Yea, pretty much looked like a father telling him to be a man and take care of his issues on his own.
Old 2011-08-19, 14:23   Link #480
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Cloud View Post

When you can't even be at your childs birth, then it probably means that you are worth shit in that village.
Xaturas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, horror, romance, seinen