AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-02-02, 19:28   Link #321
waffo
25% Unknown

Send a message via AIM to waffo Send a message via Yahoo to waffo
...relatively, huh? Well, calm is good too. My impression of her as a character has gotten better than when I first saw her.

Also, I just realized earlier today who I hear whenever Misha speaks. From voice and personality, I definitely hear Minori from Toradora. It's really uncanny.
waffo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 21:23   Link #322
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by waffo View Post
...relatively, huh? Well, calm is good too. My impression of her as a character has gotten better than when I first saw her.

Also, I just realized earlier today who I hear whenever Misha speaks. From voice and personality, I definitely hear Minori from Toradora. It's really uncanny.
eyup.... that's the character type I thought of as well (though I think Minorin is wilder and more manic).

Just my opinion of course, but I spent the Lilly route very relaxed and in "good om". The other routes (even Hanako, who I adored) were simply more stressful.
Old 2012-02-03, 00:43   Link #323
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakujitsu View Post
I'm sorry to disappoint you, but it's not really from the game.
Already figured that out. But, those eyes hit like a bullet train at rush hour. You'd have to have ice in your veins to not smile back a little.

Quote:
Spoiler:
I wish I could too. No amount of bro-headbutting or wall punching will let me forget this. Katawa is making me regret having feelings, god damn just rip my heart out.

Judging from the talk though, at least Lily's won't be too bad. I think. i hope. Liable to get all the bad endings before any good ones.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 06:21   Link #324
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for Emi arc:
Spoiler for Emi route:
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 15:17   Link #325
waffo
25% Unknown

Spoiler for "cuttlefish" scene in Lilly's Act 3:

So...what exactly did he mean, without any gritty details? >_>
Old 2012-02-03, 15:53   Link #326
Saturn Beaver
Home of Silent Prayer

Send a message via MSN to Saturn Beaver
Spoiler for Answer:
Old 2012-02-03, 17:37   Link #327
waffo
25% Unknown

Oh. Maybe it's from memories of Emi's route but I was expecting something weirder than just that. And yeah, I've been basically popping in here and asking what I miss every few days since I have that turned option turned on.
Old 2012-02-04, 08:19   Link #328
demonix

Send a message via Yahoo to demonix
Quote:
Originally Posted by Utsuro no Hako View Post
Played through the first time just going with my instincts and ended up with Emi's good ending. I was angling for Hanako or Rin, but I guess I ruled the first out when I made Lily angry, and then I took the stupid nurse's advice about running and triggered Emi's route.
If memory serves siding with Lilly in her little spat with Shizune/Misha is one of the major flags for getting to choose between her and Hanako later on in act 1 and even if you take the nurses advice you do get a get out of Emi's route free card on the second day of your morning runs with Emi.

Spoiler for If you choose to take it easy:

Spoiler for If you choose to go all out:

Also just for a heads up it looks like the DDL links have gone live.
demonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 16:20   Link #329
Skane
Anime Snark

Talking

Finally finished Lilly's route, and wow... it's considerably longer than Emi's and Hanako's. It even has a freaking proper epilogue after the credits. Is Lilly meant to be the "True Ending" or something?

The thing that stood out for me in Lilly's route is how different the dynamic is between her and Hisao, compared to Emi and Hanako. With Emi and Hanako, Hisao plays the role of the caretaker. In Lilly's route, Lilly's the caretaker, and it really puts a different spin on the story.

Also... she may appear to be a "Saint", but under that angelic facade, she's one Hell of a voracious Devil. A sexy one, but a devilish one (with a taste for alcohol...) Pretty amused that Hanako managed to sleep through all that.

Still... it was enthralling to see the guy being the one suffering from the "KEY-AIDS(Arbitrary Incurable Death Syndrome)" trope, instead of the typical "Sad Girl in Snow" tropes so typical in Visual Novels.

I also see now what people meant when they said Hanako gets better development in Lilly's route. Instead of being treated as an object, she got treated as a person and has really blossomed and grown. Her character growth in Lilly's route is very heart-warming.

I only wish they would have expanded on the conflict between Shizune and Lilly, but I suppose that would be handled in Shizune's route.

Onwards to Shizune's route.

Cheers.
Old 2012-02-04, 17:04   Link #330
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Finally finished Lilly's route, and wow... it's considerably longer than Emi's and Hanako's. It even has a freaking proper epilogue after the credits. Is Lilly meant to be the "True Ending" or something?

The thing that stood out for me in Lilly's route is how different the dynamic is between her and Hisao, compared to Emi and Hanako. With Emi and Hanako, Hisao plays the role of the caretaker. In Lilly's route, Lilly's the caretaker, and it really puts a different spin on the story.

Also... she may appear to be a "Saint", but under that angelic facade, she's one Hell of a voracious Devil. A sexy one, but a devilish one (with a taste for alcohol...) Pretty amused that Hanako managed to sleep through all that.

Still... it was enthralling to see the guy being the one suffering from the "KEY-AIDS(Arbitrary Incurable Death Syndrome)" trope, instead of the typical "Sad Girl in Snow" tropes so typical in Visual Novels.

I also see now what people meant when they said Hanako gets better development in Lilly's route. Instead of being treated as an object, she got treated as a person and has really blossomed and grown. Her character growth in Lilly's route is very heart-warming.

I only wish they would have expanded on the conflict between Shizune and Lilly, but I suppose that would be handled in Shizune's route.

Onwards to Shizune's route.

Cheers.
A number of us suspect Lily would be the "true ending" in an anime/manga adaptation, even those that "like other girls better".

... and yeah, its a bit of a "what?" that Hanako slept through some of that ruckus
Old 2012-02-04, 17:08   Link #331
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

The poor girl was wasted, guys...

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-04, 20:11   Link #332
Random32
Also a Lolicon

I wouldn't call Hisao's disease Key AIDS. Its a real disease portrayed fairly realistically. Nothing like Nagisa/Ushio/Shiori/Etc Key Girls with Key AIDS.
Random32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 13:33   Link #333
waffo
25% Unknown

Alright, only Rin and Hanako left. ...and manly picnic sometime since my friend wants to see it. By the sounds of what I've been reading, Rin shouldn't be left for last or I'll be depressed so she's up next. She's the only character left that I haven't really built a voice in my mind for yet. Just haven't seen much of her.

Spoiler for Lilly's ending:

Last edited by waffo; 2012-02-05 at 13:55. Reason: Arg, I keep spelling her name wrong!
Old 2012-02-05, 15:49   Link #334
Skane
Anime Snark

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random32 View Post
I wouldn't call Hisao's disease Key AIDS. Its a real disease portrayed fairly realistically. Nothing like Nagisa/Ushio/Shiori/Etc Key Girls with Key AIDS.
Hmm... maybe I am using the wrong analogy, but what I am trying to get across is that usually in stories like these, especially Korean Dramas, there is always that one girl who has a crippling condition that can snuff her out at any time. A source of tragedy so to speak.

To have the male protagonist play that role instead, and have the female protagonist be the caretaker is seldom done (especially in anime). Which made it that much more refreshing for me.

I am leaving Rin for last, since her route is usually described as being... different, and I don't really want to end with Shizune either. Her archetype is just not my taste.

Too bad Misha is not an option. Girl seems... interesting.

Thus far, it seems "overly" easy to get the "Good Ends". The cues aren't really ambiguous enough for conflict of choice, though on the other hand, I am glad they are not obtuse either.

Game: "Lemon or Apple"
Me: "What?"

I'll probably speed through the "Bad Ends" just to complete the experience after I am done with all the routes.

Cheers.
Old 2012-02-05, 16:09   Link #335
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Thus far, it seems "overly" easy to get the "Good Ends". The cues aren't really ambiguous enough for conflict of choice, though on the other hand, I am glad they are not obtuse either.
I do believe Rin's good end is the most troublesome. I kept wondering "what the hell did I do wrong", even when I did get it.

BetoJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 21:16   Link #336
Soliloquy
絶対領域に嵌り過ぎた。

I finished Hanako and Rin's Route, I found them both heart-wrenching and yet hopeful by the end. I want more but I know there's no more. All I'm doing now is just reminding myself of brief time of joy by listening to the music and just frequenting Katawa Shoujo forum.

So far, I've gone through Rin's neutral end and happy end and I don't think many people will be satisfied with the conclusion as it wasn''t really happily ever after compared to Hanako's happy end. I've read Rin has 3 endings you can aim for. Both of her endings are sort of similar as it is very poignant in terms of setting and emotions. When it all comes down to, what she says come off very memorable. In my case, I loved watching spilling her various emotions in her route because in the beginning, she has an impression of deadpan and perpetually boring type of character. Maybe it's just that I also am studying art and similar courses, I feel I want to understand whatever she is saying.

As for the other characters, interesting they may be, I'm not that motivated to complete their routes. They seem to be normal type of girls you see everyday except the disabilities they have.
Soliloquy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-05, 23:25   Link #337
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Came across this article and immediately thought of this VN...
http://thesocietypages.org/cyborgolo...he-good-robot/

Last edited by Vexx; 2012-02-05 at 23:29. Reason: totally screwed up the link
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 22:11   Link #338
Stiletto
Ineffectual Loner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soliloquy View Post
neutral end.
Wait... what? There are neutral ends? Oh, god dammit.
Stiletto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-06, 23:26   Link #339
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiletto View Post
Wait... what? There are neutral ends? Oh, god dammit.
Only for Rin and Hanako. Some people argue that Lilly's bad end is technically a neutral end, but she still only has two endings

Edit: 4LS can make the oddest mashups sometimes:

Original link to the music from their blog here

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.

Last edited by LoweGear; 2012-02-07 at 08:50.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-07, 14:43   Link #340
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Just finished Act-2 of Shizune's route, it wasn't all too bad, but I still gritted my teeth at some of the more grating aspects of her personality. Doesn't help that Hisao is not so... assertive in this route (I hesitate to use the term, "spineless").

Also... there were zero decisions in the whole of Act-2? Eh? Made it more like a Kinetic Novel.

Just a pity that Misha is not a viable route.

~~~~ ~~~~

Lately I have been conjuring various ideas about the game's setting as I am wont to do when I am enjoying something.

Like a MUGEN-style fighting game starring the girls, as they battle each other to visit Hisao in Hospital. The premise is that Hisao has been hospitalised, and due to his critical condition, visitation rights are limited and are on a first come first serve basis.

You choose your gal of choice and battle it out with your competitors as you make your way from school to the hospital. The penultimate boss will be Nurse who doesn't want Hisao to be disturbed, and the final boss is... Iwanako.

~~~~ ~~~~

Cheers.