AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-26, 16:52   Link #641
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Yup, the pace finally picked up in this episode. This was technically supposed to be episode 2 though.

Progression was near perfect, characters are decent & their teamwork was showcased perfectly. Each power compliments another & once used correctly, there's nothing they can't get done. Character interactions were spot on & the different mix of personalities, gets much more lively/interesting in the anime. (ie. The anime does the character interactions justice)

Yes, Momo is his sister. It was actually purposely done that way. Those who didn't notice, don't feel too bad, I was the same way when I found out they are siblings in the manga.

Also, the connecting stories (Momo's PoV & Shintaro's PoV) was also like that in the manga. We get both character's take on the incident & see how its resolved. (ie. Momo & Co. working behind the scenes, plus, Shintaro & Co. working to realize the plan) Episode two is what threw things off. Like I said, this episode was actually supposed to be episode 2, but its clear that Jin wanted to give Momo some backstory, hence, the slow episode that didn't tie into episode 1 last week.

I'm a bit worried though, Heat Haze Days starts next week & that arc is a bit slow. Not only that, but its also a bit of a mindfuck. I wonder how the anime-only viewers would perceive it? Even I still don't fully understand it. lol
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
MK-95- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 17:24   Link #642
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Jin has two option here:

1. Show us the whole journey of Hibiya and Hiyori up to the fateful moment. Then skip everything after that to the point where everyone finds Hibiya.

2. Shows Hibiya and Hiyori already in the city and lead to the fateful moment quickly. Than show us what happen after that, including Ayano showing up. Than show us the scene where everyone finds Hibiya.

I suggest using option one, as what happened after the fateful moment can be told in Konoha's PoV, and we know it is coming. Not to mention Hibiya and Hiyori's interaction before the city part is too fun to miss.

Last edited by shmaster; 2014-04-26 at 21:36.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 20:10   Link #643
BW95
Banned

So can someone set me straight here? I'm assuming that Kisara's outburst was to distract his captors from his sister?
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 20:27   Link #644
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Nope, that was pure coincidence. He didn't know anything that was going on. His actions just happened to fall in line with their plan

shmaster: I think option 1. is the better of the two because it'd save a lot of time & the pace won't be slowed too much. Lets see if that's indeed the route Jin goes with.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.
Old 2014-04-26, 20:28   Link #645
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
^Nope, that was pure coincidence. He didn't know anything that was going on. His actions just happened to fall in line with their plan.
Really? Cause it seemed to save their bacon since it redirected their attention away from her.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 20:49   Link #646
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

^Like I said, pure coincidence. I'm not pulling your leg, I'm serious.
Old 2014-04-26, 21:00   Link #647
MCAL

Well, there's also the possibility that Kisaragi would know her brother well enough to assume what he would do when he broke free.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 21:29   Link #648
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
So can someone set me straight here? I'm assuming that Kisara's outburst was to distract his captors from his sister?
He didn't even know his sister was there.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 22:13   Link #649
AC-Phoenix
Detective

A lot of changes towards the first few chapters of the Manga - though as stated earlier in the Kind of story they tell here it doesn't really matter.

Some examples:

Spoiler for Anime Manga Comparison up to ep 3 vs Manga ~ Vol 1:

As for art:
The characters generally look better in the Manga, but thats my opinion;
Especially Kido doesn't constantly look like a dead fish in there by having constantly only small eyes.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 22:50   Link #650
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Favorite male and female characters (anime)

Pic courtesy of araragi92.
Old 2014-04-26, 23:00   Link #651
leorodri100

i think episode 4 will cover both kagerou days and konoha no sekai jijou at least i hope it will
that's what i get from the preview
or...!
it shows hibiya and hiyori spending time with konoha, wich would explain better the relations they have
leorodri100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-26, 23:39   Link #652
HandofFate

What's the resemblance that the group sees between Kisaragi and her brother?
Old 2014-04-26, 23:48   Link #653
silvercover
Romance Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
What's the resemblance that the group sees between Kisaragi and her brother?
yeah for that one... no idea.
iirc, that wasnt how it was supposed to go out. read the guy's spoiler above to see the manga difference.

anyways, im just a bit sad since we didnt see momo admiring kido and stuff. they're like my OTP in the series.

could only keep it this big
silvercover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 02:45   Link #654
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Much, much better. I mean, there were still some mediocre parts of course, but this felt much more like what the show should supposed to be like. Not that psudeo-Monogatari style writing of before. Though I still wonder if there will be pacing problems, considering the next episode's title. We'll see...

And don't worry. This imouto isn't a brocon.
That's pretty much my thoughts, not that I am enthusiastic about shaft stylisation in MCA even now, but it seems it starts to get hang on it's own identity.
Tenzen12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 02:58   Link #655
Iron Maw
Banned

ep 3

That was quite good bit better than the last two weeks. While this episode still doesn't give much of clear direction where this show is going other than a bunch of kids with superpowers gathering together (I doubt or hope it's more than just what Kido said), the interactions in general have improved a lot now that more of the cast is here.

Quote:

That's pretty nice for those shows, unfortunately various online Japanese anime character popularity polls (unless done within their own respective fandoms) have left me more or less apathetic to them over the years due to lack of quality standards.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2014-04-27 at 06:35.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 03:47   Link #656
BloodyKitty
Raindrop Melancholy

Quote:

Konoha gets 7th place even though he hasn't even appeared? We really can't underestimate his popularity then. Well I like him too, so no problem from me , though I just wish that Seto got more recognition. And no Marry, fine then

The episode itself is what I at least expect SHAFT to do, with improved pacing. Now what the hell will the 4th episode, Kagerou Daze be? The way they do Kagerou Daze chapters are all different in song/manga/light novel, not to mention the anime is confirmed to be a new route, so even I don't exactly know how they will do this. I hope for shmaster's option 1.
The fact that you hate
The fact that you scream
The fact that you suffer
The fact that you mourn
The fact that you despair
Or the fact that you come to a resolution

Cannot prove that you are right.
~Everybody Has the Right to Make Mistakes~ - Quoted from Kino's Journey Vol. 12
BloodyKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 04:15   Link #657
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

What's really shocking here is the Shintaro ranked higher than Kano.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 04:46   Link #658
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Shintaro's awsm lol

Anyway, anyone has the Mary end card? It's so cute >~<
Old 2014-04-27, 05:24   Link #659
ndqanh_vn

Better pacing than last one (about time really). However, there're many things that bugs me now when I know what happened in that hostage scene:

1. Main char's plan is just inject Enie to the computer system and open the door right? Then what? It seems he does not think things through very clearly there. Those guys still have guns and can shoot them, and it seems one actually shoots him. (Weird camera angles makes it hard to tell) The reason they are frozen is because of Mari's power, whom he doesn't know even exist. I do think in reality he would become Swiss cheese by the time the door opens.

2. What kind of lousy security system that could be accessed by the computers on sale? I thought in most case they're not actually connected to the security network?

3. For some reason I think it could be easier just to approach the oniichan dude, use the invisible ability on him and brings him safely to the computers, but I am not very sure about the rule of those powers, so I will let it go in this case. Yeah, you still have to explain stuffs to him, but it is safer than "just create a distraction and pray to gods that the dude is not an idiot and knows what he's doing"
ndqanh_vn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 06:15   Link #660
mistress_kisara

Pretty good episode its finally picking up the pace and Shinnosuke Tachibana is so perfect for Kano, best voicing acting in the series (so far )
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kagerou project, momosetootp, shaft