AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > Mahouka [LN/M]

Notices

View Poll Results: Mahouka LN - Steeplechase Chapter (Volume 13) Rating
Perfect 10 13 20.63%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 20.63%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.98%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 17.46%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 6.35%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.17%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 3.17%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.59%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-27, 06:36   Link #1161
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamjam View Post
Hey some part of chapter 6 is out at baka tsuki !!!! The 9sc hsve just started. So, wonder what the prevoius 5 chapters have been about? Selecting competitors, training, preparing for the changes in 9sc, and discovering Kudou's plot? Hmmm.....

Can't wait for the 5 chapters first and so I read it already
I am more interested in what is forward lol
Forward we have kudou's plot in action, 101 presence for some reason, probably yakumo, the kurobas debut, tats fight with the parasites and the zhou thingy
Backward we have the training and selection for 9sc, the coments about the 9sc changes, the begining of kudou's plot, travel and arrival at the 9sc
Diocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 06:37   Link #1162
kazakiri
Nobody Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidswable View Post
I think the better order is kirihara first then hattori

the one suspicous of his true face is kirihara, hattori just shocked by miyuki talent
Yes I know, what I should have said was; Hattori found out during his conversation with Kirihara
kazakiri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 06:45   Link #1163
anonfr

Jesus, that does seem a little heavy.

Tatsuya is the embodiment of Yotsuba's sin, and needs to be locked away to atone. Did Tatsuya commit some crime? Is he the product of some crime?

I hope it's not just referring to the experiment, If Tatsuya's treatment isn't entirely due him being a "tool" and it's actually some sort of guilt/resentment from a different incident, then that can put some things into perspective.
anonfr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 06:55   Link #1164
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Found something interesting over on jcafe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by anonfr View Post
Jesus, that does seem a little heavy.

Tatsuya is the embodiment of Yotsuba's sin, and needs to be locked away to atone. Did Tatsuya commit some crime? Is he the product of some crime?

I hope it's not just referring to the experiment, If Tatsuya's treatment isn't entirely due him being a "tool" and it's actually some sort of guilt/resentment from a different incident, then that can put some things into perspective.
I believe that the Yotsuba truly does really his potential and a sort of humitarian sense of responsility. If even Mitsugu is aware of Tatsuya Decomposition and Regrowth, then it could be that the Yotsuba understand what a monster Tatsuya is and how dangerous his power poses not just to the Yotsuba, but also the entire world. Therefore, he is the Yotsuba's "sin" because they gave birth to a monster.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 06:58   Link #1165
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Actually they created a monster when they operated him and make Miyuki's guardian ^^
Old 2014-04-27, 06:59   Link #1166
solhaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verisimilitude View Post
Found something interesting over on jcafe:
Heee, very interesting indeed, Yotsuba's sin... it seems there're really more mystery surround Tatsuya's birth than what we know right now. I wonder if Tatsuya know about it.

Could it be that Maya n Miya decision to make Tatsuya as Miyuki guardian so that Tatsuya could go out. Well, I think being locked up is much crueler fate than being guardian.
solhaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 07:00   Link #1167
Diocar

Taking into consideration yotsubas standards and all the horrific experiences that magicians are subjected what could possibly so bad that even the yotsubas think is a sin and is related to tats existence? Even more surprising! They are ashame of it and want to atone!

I don't remember any theory about tats that can explain this...

Ps. yay some translations
Old 2014-04-27, 07:04   Link #1168
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
I believe that the Yotsuba truly does really his potential and a sort of humitarian sense of responsility. If even Mitsugu is aware of Tatsuya Decomposition and Regrowth, then it could be that the Yotsuba understand what a monster Tatsuya is and how dangerous his power poses not just to the Yotsuba, but also the entire world. Therefore, he is the Yotsuba's "sin" because they gave birth to a monster.
Yotsubas and humanitarians are two excluxive terms... Can t be applied together
And tats powers aren t monstrous. He isn't much more powerful than the other extremelly powerful magicians in the world. And besides if tats is powerful the clan should be proud of him, after all the objective of every clan is to create stronger magicians...
Old 2014-04-27, 07:12   Link #1169
hakazee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diocar View Post
And tats powers aren t monstrous. He isn't much more powerful than the other extremelly powerful magicians in the world.
I'm gonna laugh. Hahahha are you sure ?
hakazee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 07:32   Link #1170
Diocar

Quote:
Originally Posted by hakazee View Post
I'm gonna laugh. Hahahha are you sure ?
There are 50 strategic class magicians in the world and there was a guy that could do nuclear things, so his MB potential for destruction is far from unique.

The rest: because of time he can t always decompose activation sequences with gram dispersion, every strong magican has a spell as deadly as his MD and although regrowth is really efective, strong magicians have at least ZI and barriers magic that would prevent most of the injuries tats takes.
Make no mistake, tats is powerful, but compared to miyuki, lina or masaki he is far from being a monster, he is at most slightly stronger due to having 3 very strong magics(decomp, regrowth and ES) that combined always end up giving him some edge.
Old 2014-04-27, 07:35   Link #1171
kusabireika
Seiso Academy Student
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to kusabireika
Quote:
There are 50 strategic class magicians in the world and there was a guy that could do nuclear things, so his MB potential for destruction is far from unique.

The rest: because of time he can t always decompose activation sequences with gram dispersion, every strong magican has a spell as deadly as his MD and although regrowth is really efective, strong magicians have at least ZI and barriers magic that would prevent most of the injuries tats takes.
Make no mistake, tats is powerful, but compared to miyuki, lina or masaki he is far from being a monster, he is at most slightly stronger due to having 3 very strong magics(decomp, regrowth and ES) that combined always end up giving him some edge.
Also he has 2 step a head an enemy, err he is very intelligent and a bit devious person
Old 2014-04-27, 07:36   Link #1172
bludvein

Quote:
Yotsubas and humanitarians are two excluxive terms... Can t be applied together
And tats powers aren t monstrous. He isn't much more powerful than the other extremelly powerful magicians in the world. And besides if tats is powerful the clan should be proud of him, after all the objective of every clan is to create stronger magicians...
Tats could possibly destroy the world, how is that not monstrous? He operates on a completely different scale than any other strategic magician, and he is exceedingly hard to kill. He is practically the perfection of the Yotsuba ideal of human weapons, and now Mitsugu at least seems to see it as their personal shame. They went too far with the experiments.

Last edited by bludvein; 2014-04-27 at 07:46.
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 07:57   Link #1173
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bludvein View Post
Tats could possibly destroy the world, how is that not monstrous? He operates on a completely different scale than any other strategic magician, and he is exceedingly hard to kill. He is practically the perfection of the Yotsuba ideal of human weapons, and now Mitsugu at least seems to see it as their personal shame. They went too far with the experiments.
I sort of agree with his point a little though. Strategic magic to begin with isn't viable for combat. It's equivalent to a nuclear missile, you send it out and it kills the masses. It's possible any of number the strategic magicians could destroy the world if they just castes their magic recklessly.

I sort of wish Tatsuya's abilities were more viable in single combat. He's been shown victorious, but not exactly "Superior". He could have really gotten killed by Lina, and he said he'd have trouble handling Ichijou on a real battlefield. We all know that Tats speaks of his own abilities with supreme modesty, but it does say something. Even if he wins, he doesn't always dominate.
Old 2014-04-27, 08:16   Link #1174
IndexOfIdeas

Gotta say that in term of power in i think tats is far far far ahead compare to other because in case the target of his MB is in the weight of a livingperson imagine what will happen if u calculate all of those to energy and remember he only nid 1kg of the flag to make that doomsday on GAA.

so im not going bias when i say tats is much more powerful in term of power compare to the person who has a nuclear type magic.

and tats also says in his monologue in vol. 12 that he has the power to destroy the world.
IndexOfIdeas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 08:44   Link #1175
BW95
Banned

Quote:
I sort of agree with his point a little though. Strategic magic to begin with isn't viable for combat. It's equivalent to a nuclear missile, you send it out and it kills the masses. It's possible any of number the strategic magicians could destroy the world if they just castes their magic recklessly.

I sort of wish Tatsuya's abilities were more viable in single combat. He's been shown victorious, but not exactly "Superior". He could have really gotten killed by Lina, and he said he'd have trouble handling Ichijou on a real battlefield. We all know that Tats speaks of his own abilities with supreme modesty, but it does say something. Even if he wins, he doesn't always dominate.
We're not talking about combat. We're talking about sheer destructive power and when it comes to that Tatsuya is undoubtedly the best. There is likely no strategic magician besides him that could match the potential yields of material burst due to its unique process.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 09:00   Link #1176
anonfr

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW95 View Post
We're not talking about combat. We're talking about sheer destructive power and when it comes to that Tatsuya is undoubtedly the best. There is likely no strategic magician besides him that could match the potential yields of material burst due to its unique process.
How do we know that though? There's at least 50 SC magicians. We only know 13 of them.
We only have in depth descriptions on about 4 of them when it comes to how their magic works.

There's literally at least 2 score worth of unknown variables.

You can not say with full certainty none of their SC magic could match Tatsuya's when we don't know all 50 to begin with.
No one can. And when it comes to magic that can destroy the world, I don't think it's worth arguing on whether one can destroy it more entirely than the other.

Also, I was talking about personal combat magic, it's an important issue to me.
Old 2014-04-27, 09:26   Link #1177
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
How do we know that though? There's at least 50 SC magicians. We only know 13 of them.
We only have in depth descriptions on about 4 of them when it comes to how their magic works.

There's literally at least 2 score worth of unknown variables.

You can not say with full certainty none of their SC magic could match Tatsuya's when we don't know all 50 to begin with.
No one can. And when it comes to magic that can destroy the world, I don't think it's worth arguing on whether one can destroy it more entirely than the other.

Also, I was talking about personal combat magic, it's an important issue to me.
By considering his MB potential alone, he's already up there as the strongest. Unless there's some sort of bullshit where there's actually someone who can manipulate things on cosmic scale, Tatsuya would probably win in terms of destructive ability.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 09:40   Link #1178
Ultragunner

In term of efficiency, then so far Material Burst is beyond powerful. It makes our latest nuclear weapons look like poorly made toys
AND, if he can use MB on sth like, you know....the Everest then "monster" shall be an ant-like term for Tatsuya

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDL0KAm9Cbs

*In the above videos, it is estimated that the energy required to destroy a planet by the Death Star (come on, you dunno DIS? It's freakin' Star War!!! ) is somewhat equivalent to the mass of Mt. Everest completely turned into pure energy*
Old 2014-04-27, 09:44   Link #1179
pampz21
ShipCore

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndexOfIdeas View Post
Correct me if im wrong. But base on the preview on BT rozen has talk to leo and erika is not feeling well if my suspicion is right are they being engaged? By rozen
Blasphemy

We know Erika hates when Leo her first disciple is getting hurt; she learned it when Nao ask Leo a favor in vol. 9(She think it was a favor not too sure)

All I can interpret here are that Erika really has connection to the Rozen not only as the illegitimate child but is literately doing some dirty works from them; My guess is the one who ordered Erika to infiltrate 9sc last time was Einst; I don't know but right now; but I think Einst isnt just your average guy. I think the one spying Tatsuya for Kyouko is probably Miki or Erika

On-topic
Yotsuba sin....
isnt that something that kinda came from Umineko?
An Illegitimate child
or Child exchange from another family
or Tatsuya might really be part of the Rozen Family(Reason why Erika wants to be with Tatsuya; Tatsuya seeing similarity between Erika and Miyuki; Rozen protecting/pulling some strings for Tatsuya; Holding the same ideal as Tatsuya)
or a certain promise that Yotsuba couldnt fulfill.

to Believe is to Live,
to Ship is to Believe,
the best part of believe is the Lie,
to Lie to oneself is to Live
and that is the Essence of Life

pampz21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 09:48   Link #1180
Ultragunner

Also, what if his Regrowth becomes even more ridiculous than the present. Wolverine, for example, always appears to be in his prime. What if later in life, Tatsuya cannot age since his power keeps on "refreshing" his body to its prime condition? Then, not only he is "monstrous", but also an "immortal" or at least akin to the like of Wolverine and Deadpool