AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-28, 02:31   Link #661
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

I guess they are usually based on how hyped the anime is.. Mahouka is the most hyped this season so they decided to pull off a 20+ episode Madhouse i'm mad
Old 2014-04-28, 02:37   Link #662
ReinZwei
南宮 那月

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakaizer View Post
I guess they are usually based on how hyped the anime is.. Mahouka is the most hyped this season so they decided to pull off a 20+ episode Madhouse i'm mad
Huh? just wondering if Madhouse is involved in this one? I thought this one is by Citrus, Kinema Citrus to be exact.

I think it isn't based just on the hype, it's the plan of dividing a certain series on how many volumes will they adapt, aside from that extension can be mad if... a selling point is good enough plus if there are still left for volumes to be adapted.
IM@S Avatars: Click Me
Old 2014-04-28, 03:27   Link #663
Thany
Unfair

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinZwei View Post
Huh? just wondering if Madhouse is involved in this one? I thought this one is by Citrus, Kinema Citrus to be exact.

I think it isn't based just on the hype, it's the plan of dividing a certain series on how many volumes will they adapt, aside from that extension can be mad if... a selling point is good enough plus if there are still left for volumes to be adapted.
Madhouse is only involved in Mahoka and No Game No Life from what I recall.
Old 2014-04-28, 03:35   Link #664
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

oops i thought madhouse is hogging almost all the novels this season
Old 2014-04-28, 04:39   Link #665
Yaze Motoki

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
Black Bullet BD/DVD listed at Amazon

The Listings

There seem to be 7 listings with 2 episodes per volume. A one-cour? WTF?!

I'm crying
Yaze Motoki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 05:44   Link #666
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReinZwei View Post

Well, if you want to blame someone, you should blame Kadokawa. At least according to someone I follow at Twitter. Kadokawa is known to fuck up nearly every LN based anime adaptions they touch due to poor funding. It's not just the LN side, they also fucked up manga based anime adaptions. Take a look at Deadman Wonderland, they decided to end the anime with a cliffhanger.

Ironically, Kadokawa is also involved in Mahouka and that is given a 2-cour treatment.

Thus being said, I don't think it's the hype thing. Black Bullet is somewhat hyped a bit (even picked up by Sentai Filmworks and they were posting pictures of Enju-chan at their Twitter account), yet it didn't get much recognition and popularity among the Japanese fanbase due to the fact that the fanservice is kept in a limited level and the author does not want to make Black Bullet an otaku-bait (in a similar vein with most of Gen Urobuchi's works). Thus being said, I could say that Black Bullet would probably be ranked 3rd-4th in the hype rank while Mahouka around 1st in the list. Black Bullet's storyline is much better written than Mahouka IMHO.
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 11:43   Link #667
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Careful with what you said! We all don't want another forums war, don't we.

And Mahouka's fanservice is not that much - compare to something like DxD.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 12:27   Link #668
Thany
Unfair

Considering the pace of the show it was pretty easy to see they were rushing for 13 episodes. As for fanservices, I'd say there are actually more than in the manga. I'd even dare to say the show is feeling like a lolibait for me (not that it's a bad thing ).
Old 2014-04-28, 12:30   Link #669
XFire
150% done

Can someone tell me if the anime is being faithful to the LN? Because as a bunch of other people mentioned, they're skipping a bunch of really important things I saw in the manga.
Old 2014-04-28, 12:55   Link #670
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by XFire View Post
Can someone tell me if the anime is being faithful to the LN? Because as a bunch of other people mentioned, they're skipping a bunch of really important things I saw in the manga.
No. The anime isn't 100% being faithful towards the LN. They took out a some of important stuff that pertains to Kisara and Enju. Also the thing with Kayo was rushed.
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 13:38   Link #671
BionicMeerkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Paladin X View Post
Black Bullet BD/DVD listed at Amazon

The Listings

There seem to be 7 listings with 2 episodes per volume. A one-cour? WTF?!
Really? Just a one-cour? This does not bode well...

Have a question regarding a series? Feel free to tweet at me @BionicMeerkat

Editor @ Baka-Tsuki for Mondaiji, Black Bullet, Strike the Blood, Maou na Ore, Rakudai

RIP in pieces Black Bullet and Strike the Blood
BionicMeerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 14:13   Link #672
Death Usagi
Banned

Wonder how many volumes of novel it will go through then...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 14:54   Link #673
Mega27

Nuuuuh, why. Dammit. T^T

But on the bright side, some anime usually get a second season a year after it airs (looking at you, DAL!).
Mega27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 14:59   Link #674
BionicMeerkat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mega27 View Post
Nuuuuh, why. Dammit. T^T

But on the bright side, some anime usually get a second season a year after it airs (looking at you, DAL!).
Yeah as long as it sells well I think there is still the possibility of a 2nd season. No pitiful numbers like Mahou Sensou please!

Have a question regarding a series? Feel free to tweet at me @BionicMeerkat

Editor @ Baka-Tsuki for Mondaiji, Black Bullet, Strike the Blood, Maou na Ore, Rakudai

RIP in pieces Black Bullet and Strike the Blood
BionicMeerkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 15:30   Link #675
Dark Paladin X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
No. The anime isn't 100% being faithful towards the LN. They took out a some of important stuff that pertains to Kisara and Enju. Also the thing with Kayo was rushed.
Yeah, the anime actually cut out a lot of stuff from the LN, but it's closer to the LN than it is to the manga.

I really hope this "rush 4 volumes worth of LN content into 13 episodes" won't hurt the streaming numbers. I'm afraid this might have a negative impact on the chances of Black Bullet getting a proper English dub (particularly from Bang Zoom) and chances for a second season.
Anime junkie, video gamer, English dub fan, loli lover, and a Tv Tropes sumo. Trope pages created by me: Black Bullet, Erica Mendez, Christine Marie Cabanos, Bang Zoom Entertainment, Clint Bickham, David Wald, Studiopolis, Corey Hartzog, NYAV Post, Max Mittelman, Brianna Knickerbocker, Scott Gibbs, Faye Mata.
Dark Paladin X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 19:50   Link #676
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

This is sucide!
Old 2014-04-28, 20:24   Link #677
BW95
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
This is sucide!
Not as suicidal as Mahou Sensou.
BW95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 21:09   Link #678
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

I love B2, so this is just as bad as it could get.

Say, I wonder whether would people's welfare in Tokyo is truly not that good. Here are the reasons:

1. Most of the Earth is now deserted, preventing agriculture and mining. And since Japan never has abundant natural resources, so most of these would be imported. This directly comes into clash with 3. bellow.

2. Most of Japan's enconomy partners now non-existed. As in 2012, Export holds 14,66% of Japanese GDP.

3. The harshness of transporting goods. Both the land, air and sea are filled with Gastrea.

4. What are they doing to live in Tokyo? For now, we haven't seen any big planting/breeding farm or factory. So, we could make a conclusion that either the primary and secondary sector of enconomy are located on the far end of city, or the works are divided between city - for example, Osaka is the Industrial center. However, this directly comes into clash with 3. above.

->Life is not that great in Tokyo. A subsidy/ration system might even exist.
Old 2014-04-29, 08:58   Link #679
MisaoFan
Autistic NEET bath lover

Spoiler for Episode 4:
Have your social attention be noticed in a genuinely positive light.
MyAnimeList
MisaoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-29, 09:23   Link #680
Ap1001
Shikigami of the sages

Spoiler for Episode 4:
I guess the directors lost their touch after they made the anime "Monster", or they have such low fund that they can't do anything right.
Ap1001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, grimdark, loli, post, seinen