AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-10-17, 22:50   Link #1681
quigonkenny
Sav'aaq!

I'm just happy that it's watchable on an Android phone now, since they last revamped the site. Before then, it was either get an Flash plugin error in desktop mode or no access to full episodes in mobile mode. It's even better if you're using one of the internet providers that allows full access to their app, or so I hear.

And the eventual resolution the the Earth kingdom's power struggles is pretty obvious. On one side you've got a would-be military dictatrix ("benevolent"...for now...), and on the other side you've got a spoiled rich kid in dire need of a little real-world education. And in the middle of this we have the reappearance of the greatest earthbender of the last ten generations.

All hail Queen Toph!
Old 2014-10-17, 23:15   Link #1682
anime fan99

Quote:
Originally Posted by quigonkenny View Post
I'm just happy that it's watchable on an Android phone now, since they last revamped the site. Before then, it was either get an Flash plugin error in desktop mode or no access to full episodes in mobile mode. It's even better if you're using one of the internet providers that allows full access to their app, or so I hear.

And the eventual resolution the the Earth kingdom's power struggles is pretty obvious. On one side you've got a would-be military dictatrix ("benevolent"...for now...), and on the other side you've got a spoiled rich kid in dire need of a little real-world education. And in the middle of this we have the reappearance of the greatest earthbender of the last ten generations.

All hail Queen Toph!
Yes, the solution put a queen too old that she get One Foot In The Grave
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-17, 23:46   Link #1683
DorkingtonPugsly

I love how Toph still speaks with the same intonations and everything. Really great writing from the staff and voice acting by Philece Sampler.
It's awesome when they can do that.
Old 2014-10-18, 03:32   Link #1684
Farodin

Poor Earth Kingdom.Just look at the rulers of the kingdom so far: tyrannical warlord Chin,Firelord Ozai,at first incapable king Kuei,powerhungry Long Feng,self-centered queen Hou Ting and now militaristic Kuvira and as an alternative yet another incapable prince.Oh and don't forget the whole
Spoiler for The Promise:
which nearly led to another war.It seems thy just cannot get any peace time.
Farodin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 06:25   Link #1685
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

For all the good stuff that happened in this episode, ironically what impresses me the most is the it seems we're going to see the seemingly throwaway comic buffoon, Prince Wu, develop into an important character moving forward.

Plus, we really need to see Toph and Meelo have a conversation.

Last edited by Guardian Enzo; 2014-10-18 at 06:36.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 06:46   Link #1686
anime fan99

I think Earth Kingdom will benefit from a ruling System Similar to the one currently applied in Britain There is still the ruling family, but there is also the Prime Minister and Parliament
anime fan99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 08:54   Link #1687
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
For all the good stuff that happened in this episode, ironically what impresses me the most is the it seems we're going to see the seemingly throwaway comic buffoon, Prince Wu, develop into an important character moving forward.

Plus, we really need to see Toph and Meelo have a conversation.
This, looks like Wu broke but now has think and fight if he wants to be king. Oh and that conversation would be great
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-18, 11:06   Link #1688
Nicaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by anime fan99 View Post
I think Earth Kingdom will benefit from a ruling System Similar to the one currently applied in Britain There is still the ruling family, but there is also the Prime Minister and Parliament
But if one were to equate the relation of England with the rest of UK's nations to a wedding, then shouldn't one say that England has been a terrible spouse throughout history? I doubt that's what one would like to see in Earth Kingdom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
This, looks like Wu broke but now has think and fight if he wants to be king. Oh and that conversation would be great
I keep wondering what use he has now. I mean, Kuvira or not, everyone knows he's a terrible choice to lead the Earth Nation.

Yeah I think Meelo and Toph are bound to enter a conversation pretty soon.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 12:55   Link #1689
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farodin View Post
Poor Earth Kingdom.Just look at the rulers of the kingdom so far: tyrannical warlord Chin,Firelord Ozai,at first incapable king Kuei,powerhungry Long Feng,self-centered queen Hou Ting and now militaristic Kuvira and as an alternative yet another incapable prince.Oh and don't forget the whole
Spoiler for The Promise:
which nearly led to another war.It seems thy just cannot get any peace time.
That's what I'm saying, such sucky choices for leaders of the Earth Kingdom. Does no one care about those people?

I hope Wu grows as a character the season, I still think he's a little too young to rule it but if he grows to be a better person while traveling with Mako on this journey.

I'm really curious how Bolin's character arc will be done, so far I'm liking what I'm seeing.

LOL Classic Eska, I really hood she helps out and isn't just here for a quick cameo like season three

I'm not going to get into that Toph debate going on in other places so I'll just skip my opinion on that one

Asami was hardly here this episode, that's not a good sign for her character this season

I'm really liking this season so far, though why the freak did they think she'd hand it over to some egotist kid who's acting like a moron right in front of her? I wouldn't step down either seeing who they have to lead the Earth Kingdom

Morons if they think it's a good idea to leave it to the kid, WTF were thinking. Tenzin I at least thought you knew better and would try to talk some sense into him on the guy's stupid actions he's taken. I'm glad Kuriva is putting him in his place, he deserves it for all he's done in the past to now

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Gintokifan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-19, 16:08   Link #1690
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gintokifan22 View Post
I'm really liking this season so far, though why the freak did they think she'd hand it over to some egotist kid who's acting like a moron right in front of her? I wouldn't step down either seeing who they have to lead the Earth Kingdom
Because she gave her word that she will. It's not like it's a surprise who will end up being gaining the throne.
Quote:
Morons if they think it's a good idea to leave it to the kid, WTF were thinking. Tenzin I at least thought you knew better and would try to talk some sense into him on the guy's stupid actions he's taken. I'm glad Kuriva is putting him in his place, he deserves it for all he's done in the past to now
He is the rightful ruler. Tenzin and company are not revolutionaries. They want order and stability.

That said, like Tenzin said, the actual governing will be done by the ministers. Someone like him, who is more focused on living the good life and not have ambitious plans, is actually a pretty innocuous ruler with the right ministers to support him in running the country.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 03:27   Link #1691
Aggelos
The one whom passes by

I'm actually interested in seeing if the Jasmine Dragon tea shop is still in Ba Sing Se...
Or if it spread out into its own franchise and having numerous stores across the earth and fire kingdoms

lol imagine if it took off like KFC with Iroh as "The Colonel"
Aggelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 07:11   Link #1692
Nicaea

At this vid of SF discussing the latest episode there were people wondering how Toph could see thee whole world. There were people who argued that Toph somehow used the big tree to sense seismic vibrations all over the earth, there were others who claimed that Toph actually reached a certain level of spirituality where she can use the trick Aang did to find appa and momo (I find the latter theory more logical).

Admidst the debate there was a guy who said that this discussion is dur to the makers of the avatar series not having made a chart of bending beforehand, resulting in a number of plotholes and open spaces to explain or insert powers. For example magmabending. In ATLA it was established as the result of mastery of fire and earth bending, it's foremost user being Roku. The guy then goes to mention how in the third book there wasn't any clear explanation of how an earthbender learned to magmabend. he posed an interesting in that you could have a plethora powers that way. Airbenders could control gasses in the air, control the atmosphere, air pressure, hot air and cold air, cause lightning, to make it rain or snow heavily and to cause tornadoes & and hurricanes to occur. Earthbenders for instance would use iron to bend blood and bend magnetism for instance.
Nicaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-21, 08:03   Link #1693
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
For example magmabending. In ATLA it was established as the result of mastery of fire and earth bending, it's foremost user being Roku. The guy then goes to mention how in the third book there wasn't any clear explanation of how an earthbender learned to magmabend.
Well, Magma is basically earth so it is not surprising that a very skilled or talented Earthbender could use it. It would also not be strange for an Avatra to mix two bendings to make it easier. It is not like each result can only be achieved by just one means.

And yeah, there is no doubt that more forms of bending would appear with time and as the populace learns more of where each element is present.
Old 2014-10-21, 09:33   Link #1694
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicaea View Post
or example magmabending. In ATLA it was established as the result of mastery of fire and earth bending, it's foremost user being Roku.
Except it wasn't. It was never said in the show that he could magmabend due to a mastery of earth and fire. It fact it barely shows any of that when he fought the volcano
Spoiler:

He fights the volcano mostly using earth bending to block or changed the path of the lava, and using airbending to knockback the lava or cool it.

In fact the only time it does seem like he bent lava was in the Winter solstice episode (though even then its unclear if he was bending the lava or just caused an eruption by manipulating the earth) and it that case he was using the avatar state. Nothing ever says that he combined earth and fire to lava bend... that's nothing more than assumptiosn and speculation by fans. Anything Roku did with magma could have been done through earth bending

In fact, one has to ask why an earth bender shouldn't be able to control magma. Water benders can change the temperture of water to freeze it and manipulate it when its solid; why shouldn't earth benders be able to change the temperature of stone to melt it and the manipulate it when its liquid? I mean earth benders can control mud, how is magma different?

Quote:
Admidst the debate there was a guy who said that this discussion is dur to the makers of the avatar series not having made a chart of bending beforehand, resulting in a number of plotholes and open spaces to explain or insert powers.
It would be wrong to assume that the writers don't have a chart of bending just because their is information that we don't know about. Often TV shows will have what is known as a show bible which will detail tons of information about the show even though some of that content may not be seen by the audience; its how writers avoid creating plotholes.

Bloodbending and metalbending both actually show us why we may not have seen those various other theoretical powers before. In both cases, the only reason nobody in the world of avatar knew about those two forms of bending is because no one had tried it before or was skilled enough to do it. Yes, an airbender always had the ability to suffocate someone, but airbenders were always peaceful people and it took someone like Zaheer to explore its darker possibilities. Speaking of which, flight could be considered another one; in other shows, flight is pretty common to those with wind powers; no reason avatar had to be different but no reason it had to be a common power either. And so we have lavabending, a type of bending that only talented earth benders can master. These alternate uses for bending always existed, its just that it was either not relevant to the Airbender story, or no one in the world was both talented or imaginative enough to try it and succeed.
Old 2014-10-24, 13:12   Link #1695
ellifeedn
Thinker

Looks like Korra's back in action!
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 13:17   Link #1696
Galaxian

Very uplifting episode. I liked it a lot, but I should have watched it after this week's Garo instead of before, I could have use a pick-me-up.

Ikki is now my favorite of Tenzin's children.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-24, 16:12   Link #1697
Wandering Soul

Korra is back. The swamp ended up helping another avatar find their way and having Toph back for a while was a huge plus.
Old 2014-10-25, 02:59   Link #1698
Mister Twit

Great episode. It had funny moments, ATLA fanservice, it gave some perspective on Korra's struggles in Books 1-3 and it even gave some character development to Tenzin's other kids. Toph felt like she was meant to be a grumpy old lady her entire life.

I thought it would take a little longer for Korra to fix herself, but I'm okay with how it turned out.

So I guess the next goal will be to re-form Team Avatar for the climax. Although looking at the last Team Avatar, there's still a role that needs to be filled in the team:

Aang Team Avatar: Aang (air), Kitara (water), Toph (earth), Zuko (fire), Sokka (non-bender)
Korra Team Avatar: Korra (water), Mako (fire), Bolin (earth), Asami (non-bender), ??? (air)

I don't know if this will be acknowledged or not, but I'm hoping it is. Jinora is probably the safe bet, but there's some potential for Jade as well.
Mister Twit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-25, 03:44   Link #1699
Theo

Bryke acknowledges Amon, Unalaq, and Zaheer literally did nothing wrong.

Good on them.
Theo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-25, 05:34   Link #1700
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theo View Post
Bryke acknowledges Amon, Unalaq, and Zaheer literally did nothing wrong.

Good on them.
They story acknowledges that their beliefs weer not wrong. And yes, unlike Ozai they were motivated by good ideals.
But they went too far with it and became villains, aka went out of balance in Avatar terms. So they did wrong.

Tags
avatar the last airbender, korra