AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-12, 16:34   Link #2561
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Sure they could. It was just Sota's Plan B.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 16:38   Link #2562
justpassingby

Did they plan for Souta to obtain Magane's power?
Old 2017-09-12, 16:51   Link #2563
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Did they plan for Souta to obtain Magane's power?
Meteora said it would have worked only if it were a miracle, basically foreshadowing what happened later. And it was pretty obvious that an OP character like Altair could be stopped only with a deus ex machina. The story set this up clearly.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 16:53   Link #2564
justpassingby

Ah. If only the deus ex machina and miracle were used to power up the heroes instead of rewarding Altair.
Old 2017-09-12, 17:00   Link #2565
RDNexus

Altair was kinda rewarded, right. So what? Is complaining about that gonna change anything?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 17:03   Link #2566
justpassingby

It might change Hiroe to not to write another trash like this?
Old 2017-09-12, 17:09   Link #2567
RDNexus

It may depend of what he and other authors may deem as trashy stories.
What you may deem as a good or bad story may differ from their PoV.
Old 2017-09-12, 17:12   Link #2568
justpassingby

One man's treasure is another man's trash after all.
If there is no measuring stick or feedback from audience, how can they deem what is a good story?
Hiroe should have posted his NAKED first to gauge the acceptance level before turning it into anime.
Old 2017-09-12, 18:07   Link #2569
RDNexus

Then, given those standards of yours, I, as a writer, should first expose the prototypes of my story's current version, possibly spoiling things along the way, so that people could check if the current version would be worth being officially published?
Old 2017-09-12, 19:04   Link #2570
justpassingby

Those LNs adaptations are spoiling people even before they areturned into anime. What are you at?
Take a writing course, join a club, find editor or friends that you trust and have them review for you.
Or if you that impatient, just publish at Narou.
Else, just stick with STEM :P
Old 2017-09-12, 19:27   Link #2571
RDNexus

Don't run away from the topic. I used my case as comparison.
You were pretty much saying you wanted Hiroe-sensei to spoil the story big time only to have public confirmation of his story's quality.
Something like that must never happen, so deal with what was given to you, to us.
Old 2017-09-12, 19:36   Link #2572
justpassingby

Why is it something like that must never happen? Do you think all LNs that got adaptation are of high-quality? Why shouldn't Hiroe take a writing class or get an editor? And if the public rejected his trash, why should he get anime adaptation?
I'm dealing with what trash that was given, by saying to Hiroe not to write something like this again.
Old 2017-09-12, 20:01   Link #2573
Blueknight78

wow peoples are really anger, i honestly overal liked and enjoyed the serie it's only how altair was handled by being turnin in the "hero" in the end and get a happy end with setsuna and all the battle and sacrifices where for "nothing" which bothered me but i still like and wait to see the final episode, i'm pretty sure the characters which died gonna get ressurrected and we gonna get a "happy end" but still episode 20 and 21 where a big deal for me and hard to accept his "conception" of everyone only cheering for altair, excluding that i liked almost everything, most of the others metas the action and not so "generic storytelly, which i will prise him cuz nowadays anime/novel/manga market is about 80% generic and only 20 or less trying to come with something new or trying to avoid "generic" route specially in harem cases which just goes a point where just being a harem already give a huge potential to be garbage(of course not of then are but the stigma is big about it), i really wish more writers could leave that "freak confort zone" and stop to catter almost exclusive the hardcore 2d otakus sexless and move more series tailored more the "general public rater than just 2d otakus.

really waiting for last episode and be able to give my final toughts.
Old 2017-09-12, 21:29   Link #2574
DMurphy

I really don't know how to break this to you, justpassingby, but the writer did have an editor. Probably several. And producers. And animation directors who would read and suggest changes. And countless others.

Television writing does not, in fact, involve one person writing a script and then handing off their first draft to the animators, who then translate it directly to screen with no changes.

And the idea that a company -- because this is a team endeavour -- should publish their story as an LN first just to see if people like it enough to make it into an anime is blisteringly stupid.

Good god, imagine if we did that with everything. "Ah, Rowling, we love these books, but before we publish them we're going to try them as an 8-bit video game first." "Mr. Nolan, splendid to see you, loved your script for Inception, can't wait to turn it into a comic book to see if people like it."

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 21:47   Link #2575
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Why is it something like that must never happen? Do you think all LNs that got adaptation are of high-quality? Why shouldn't Hiroe take a writing class or get an editor? And if the public rejected his trash, why should he get anime adaptation?
I'm dealing with what trash that was given, by saying to Hiroe not to write something like this again.
You seem to be suggesting that ReCreator is quantifiably unpopular. What are you basing this on?
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 22:00   Link #2576
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
But he has an editor, as said editor is often making remarks in the interviews regarding the episodes. Also, there's NAKED that shows how the script was originally conceived.
Frankly I don't know what to say more.

Also final episode preview, titled, you guess, "Re CREATORS":

xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 22:03   Link #2577
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Kamachi, Nasu, Narita and Urobuchi should have been interesting Creator characters in the show.
Kamachi for his wacky concepts, Nasu for pages of exposition for mundane things, Narita for being crossover-friendly, and Urobuchi for the sheer despair.

Kawakami would probably beat Altair single-handedly.
He's a beast in setting up non-combat combat (like negotiations and banter).
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 22:23   Link #2578
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
YMeteora said it an episode ago - to the audience, who has seen different things than we did, Altair is the protagonist.
And why exactly DID the in-story universe audiences see things we didn't?

What kind of writer would hide the actual major plot off screen, and just tell us "it is good, trust us!"

You might as well make a Hobbit film by following the daily life of one of the other farming Hobbits, while having narrations of Bilbo Baggin's adventures which was never actually seen.
Old 2017-09-12, 22:25   Link #2579
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Kamachi, Nasu, Narita and Urobuchi should have been interesting Creator characters in the show.
Kamachi for his wacky concepts, Nasu for pages of exposition for mundane things, Narita for being crossover-friendly, and Urobuchi for the sheer despair.
If only Hiroe can use the copyrighted characters as well as their creators like what he originally wanted ……

Imagine if those authors are also willing to voice themselves in the anime and have a debate/clash with each other like Yatoji & Matsubara in the show. That would be a sight to behold .
Old 2017-09-12, 22:35   Link #2580
IceHism

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
You seem to be suggesting that ReCreator is quantifiably unpopular. What are you basing this on?
Blu-ray sales have been pretty bad. Only 2.3k for like the first Blu-ray volume. Even if merchandise sells more than Blu-ray, it couldnt have sold that much more. That's like 9k less than eromanga sensei for reference. So if the average popular anime sells like eromanga, then what is recreators?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

Kawakami would probably beat Altair single-handedly.
He's a beast in setting up non-combat combat (like negotiations and banter).
Idk if I would put any of these people in here besides like urobuchi, and kawakami. For Nasu, it depends who shows up. FSN Nasu or CCC/mahoyo nasu
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning