Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-09-12, 22:35   Link #2581
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by justpassingby View Post
Why is it something like that must never happen? Do you think all LNs that got adaptation are of high-quality? Why shouldn't Hiroe take a writing class or get an editor? And if the public rejected his trash, why should he get anime adaptation?
I'm dealing with what trash that was given, by saying to Hiroe not to write something like this again.
... You can't be serious. Do you actually think Hiroe doesn't have an editor, or that he's never had some kind of writing instruction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
And why exactly DID the in-story universe audiences see things we didn't?
Because they weren't there to watch the show Re:Creators like we were. They didn't get to see all the stuff that we saw, that the Creations and Creators in-universe saw and experienced.
All they saw was what went into the ECF.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
If only Hiroe can use the copyrighted characters as well as their creators like what he originally wanted ……

Imagine if those authors are also willing to voice themselves in the anime and have a debate/clash with each other like Yatoji & Matsubara in the show. That would be a sight to behold .
I maintain that while that would have been amazingly fun, just the thought of the ensuing shitstorm gives me a headache.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 22:43   Link #2582
Blueknight78

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endscape View Post
Because they weren't there to watch the show Re:Creators like we were. They didn't get to see all the stuff that we saw, that the Creations and Creators in-universe saw and experienced.
still don't make sense because she was portraited as the villian not the protagonist, they never made any adversity toward she being the "protagonist" that is why this excuse is so poor, we must believe which for a mysterious reason, the audience which come to see they favorite heroes beat the 'villian" but somehow they villian become the "hero"???, don't make any sense.

the whole adversity of the event was the heroes cross over to beat a "evil" threat all the universes, this means which she not was to means to be as main protagonist then how the hell, they acted like she was the main protagonist, really his narrative don't make a little of sense, he just did something very bad toward it.
Old 2017-09-12, 22:46   Link #2583
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
You avoided answering my question. I don't care that we saw what they didn't saw, which was a tangled mess. I care that we DIDN'T saw what THEY saw, which was apparently a good anime.

If there is a good anime, they should have showed that.

Whatever we didn't see, was what was needed to understand what happened to Altair. And to omit that meant she isn't a main character.
Old 2017-09-12, 23:15   Link #2584
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
You avoided answering my question. I don't care that we saw what they didn't saw, which was a tangled mess. I care that we DIDN'T saw what THEY saw, which was apparently a good anime.
Did you want them to produce all the materials that went into the ECF for us to view or something? Surely you can understand why that isn't feasible.

Old 2017-09-12, 23:37   Link #2585
Blueknight78

Quote:
Did you want them to produce all the materials that went into the ECF for us to view or something? Surely you can understand why that isn't feasible.
if you can't provide any source where was "stated" which the anime audience was told which altair was the protagonist and they where there to cheer for her then you are just using your own opnion which is so valid as any other if don't have a proper source to baker it, basically nothing anime was foreshadow which she was the mc and everyone here( audience) was supposed to cheer for her, again the public was there to see they favorite heroes battle a "villian" which was trying to destroy the world, then how suddenly the peoples which where cheering for they heroes suddenly forget it and now where all for altair???

if you can't asnwer it with a inside the anime source then is just "expeculation", the only time which altair being the protagonist come was in a interview where hiroe told which he feel altair being the protagonist but inside the anime never was told it or foreshadow it at last not for the "audience" to give her a massive support as happened.
Old 2017-09-12, 23:42   Link #2586
justpassingby

Quote:
... You can't be serious. Do you actually think Hiroe doesn't have an editor, or that he's never had some kind of writing instruction?
Having a bad editor is equivalent of not having one at all. Surely one could have instructed him better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xizro345 View Post
But he has an editor, as said editor is often making remarks in the interviews regarding the episodes. Also, there's NAKED that shows how the script was originally conceived.
I know about NAKED. Why do you think I wrote this?
Quote:
One man's treasure is another man's trash after all.
If there is no measuring stick or feedback from audience, how can they deem what is a good story?
Hiroe should have posted his NAKED first to gauge the acceptance level before turning it into anime.
Old 2017-09-12, 23:44   Link #2587
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:

I know about NAKED. Why do you think I wrote this?
Except pitching an idea to a studio usually doesn't involve the public.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-12, 23:49   Link #2588
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
You think this is unusual? There are many anime where they have a "show-within-a-show", where they spend at least one episode if not more on portraying important scenes that the in-universe audiences watched. This is done to make sure the real life audience is on the same page as the in-story audience.

You have never watched Shirobako? Or Genshiken? Or any other number of shows that have done this entirely successfully?

Your excuses are starting to make less and less sense.

Hell, Re:Creators had no problem showing the anime worlds that the "heroes" came from. Why is it that Altair's story is public knowledge, but hidden from the people actually watching the show?
Old 2017-09-12, 23:53   Link #2589
justpassingby

Quote:
Except pitching an idea to a studio usually doesn't involve the public.
That's why it's better to have your script properly edited or try selling the source first to the public. Just because he wrote Black Lagoon it doesn't mean he has the right to pitch his idea to the studio, walking blindly thinking he has done a good job.

Tell me. If NAKED was printed and sold first, do you really think it will sell?

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
So if the average popular anime sells like eromanga, then what is recreators?
A flop? A failure in writing? Something not accepted? Something no fun?
Old 2017-09-12, 23:55   Link #2590
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
A flop? A failure in writing? Something not accepted? Something no fun.
Re:Creators is not an "unusually" bad anime. It is just a regular bad anime.

What made it unusual is that the show has a massive marketing push, so instead of the show dying quietly in a corner, more of us show up to watch it and thus, end up criticising it.
Old 2017-09-12, 23:58   Link #2591
xizro345
King's Justice

Quote:
That's why it's better to have your script properly edited or try selling the source first to the public. Just because he wrote Black Lagoon it doesn't mean he has the right to pitch his idea to the studio, walking blindly thinking he has done a good job.

Tell me. If NAKED was printed and sold first, do you really think it will sell?
Err, except that it's not how business works, and even more so in Japan. Also you're putting a lot of assumptions which cannot be proved, and can never be proven.

Also, why would I care if NAKED sold or not? I'm not a business analyst and I frankly tend to watch the anime I'm interested, such as this series, rather than making assumption about selling or not.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 00:00   Link #2592
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
You think this is unusual? There are many anime where they have a "show-within-a-show", where they spend at least one episode if not more on portraying important scenes that the in-universe audiences watched. This is done to make sure the real life audience is on the same page as the in-story audience.

You have never watched Shirobako? Or Genshiken? Or any other number of shows that have done this entirely successfully?
And how many of those shows were portraying a massive crossover event with multiple shows in-universe?

Quote:
Having a bad editor is equivalent of not having one at all. Surely one could have instructed him better.
And who are to judge whether his editor is bad or not?

Old 2017-09-13, 00:01   Link #2593
justpassingby

Well, NAKED vol 01 is going on sale today. Surely if it sold equivalent or more than the BDs or flopped then the assumption about people liking or hating this can be proven, as it is as bad as the anime.
Old 2017-09-13, 00:53   Link #2594
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Also final episode preview, titled, you guess, "Re CREATORS":

That preview worries me, because it looks like they just live happily ever after in the real world.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 00:54   Link #2595
Tenzen12

Hmm, I wonder if original one is Macross got sane ridiculous and backslash having same kind of a premise and conclusion.

Anyway as usually I people can't handle the story that is not black and white and/or filled with asspuls. Maybe Hiroe should try make story about space rapist vampire piloting mecha next time instead. If nothing else it's more in line with audience average intelligence.
Old 2017-09-13, 00:55   Link #2596
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
And why exactly DID the in-story universe audiences see things we didn't?
Two reasons:
- Re:Creator is a fantasy. (You don't seem clear on that point sometimes.) Our world isn't in actual danger from escaped fictional characters, so there's no big government budget.
- We don't have years to build multiple fandoms.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 01:04   Link #2597
Zangor17

Just putting my two cents in. But honestly this thread feels too negative. I enjoyed the show, I honestly found it way better than a lot of stuff released in recent years. Being an original project made this one fun to watch and i was prepared for whatever happened. I'm not trying to read too deep into anything and i don't let the small things ruin it. You can call it bad but honestly in a market so saturated with minimal effort novel and manga adaptations or ones that play loosely with the source material it felt refreshing to watch something that was just doing its own thing.

At the end of the day i think its pointless to sit here and try to say it was good or bad based on disc sales or whatever, because popular opinion is just that, an opinion, and not everyone has to see things the same as you do. Instead just say what you thought was bad and let it go. If you liked something that's great and I'm sure other might agree and talk about it here.

On a completely lighter note, The next episode looks interesting, glad to see Yuya's fine (not really a doubt since he wasn't declared dead and dissolved right away) and its gonna be interesting to see if they actually will continue living in the real world. One of the themes was that they evolved beyond their stories so its definitely a possibility.
Zangor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 01:06   Link #2598
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Two reasons:
- Re:Creator is a fantasy. (You don't seem clear on that point sometimes.) Our world isn't in actual danger from escaped fictional characters, so there's no big government budget.
- We don't have years to build multiple fandoms.
You don't need multiple fandoms. You just need ONE fandom, the fandom for the alleged main character.

If Altair is suppose to be the main character, the studio should have built a fanbase in real life using her. As others explained, it is no different from following the career of Light Yagami from Deathnote. As it stands Re:Creators didn't build ANY fandom.
Old 2017-09-13, 01:31   Link #2599
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

^ And it seems that Re:Creators was good in alienating the fandom. Imagine that you're among the same people who had been rooting for Altair, a being that is capable of destroying the world, and that support is making her more powerful.

In hindsight, it kinda sucks that you're willing to support someone who's about to destroy everything and you don't even have an idea about what is going on. (If they were informed, even worse, because that would make Altair's fans accessory to the crime of global genocide.)

In any case, be proud, those who were immune to Altair's hype. I personally have seen characters who were so powerful that only something even more ridiculous can seal their fate... there's Naruto's Madara Uchiha and Kaguya, Bleach's Sternritter led by Ywhach, and Fairy Tail's Acnologia, off the top of my head.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-09-13, 01:35   Link #2600
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
You don't need multiple fandoms. You just need ONE fandom, the fandom for the alleged main character.

If Altair is suppose to be the main character, the studio should have built a fanbase in real life using her. As others explained, it is no different from following the career of Light Yagami from Deathnote. As it stands Re:Creators didn't build ANY fandom.
Altair's the main character of the story-in-story. She's not the main character of Re:Creators. It's like in Bakuman: it's not necessary to show all the manga made by the characters. We know it exists, we know it's successful (or not), we don't need to actually see it.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning