AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2013-02-17, 11:47   Link #1
justpassingby

[Sasamoto Yuuichi] 妖精作戦 Yousei Sakusen

I saw the movie Armageddon this evening, and I remembered what I was planning to post :P

Quote:
...and he walked toward the new season, as he was thinking about catching up with her.

Part IV Last Letter.
Well, they said that the journey is what matters, not the destination. Now that I've took care about the ending, allow me continue.

Spoiler for Publication Details:
The books can be read/downloaded legally from J-comi [link]
Spoiler for Novel Characters:

and some fanworks
Spoiler for Fanworks:

source: ne.jp wiki jp, the books themselves, my caffeine-corroded brain, nico2, pixiv, images from here

Actually I remembered that Nobu asked Yuki if the space development is so important that the SCF are willing to do anything.
... Uh, yes? How are you going to blow an asteroid coming to crush Earth? :P.
I'm going to go ahead and fanwank in my head that Nobu established the Galactic Empire in MiniPi and went conquering 1 billion planets, with love.

Jokes aside, I would like to take this opportunity to say Happy Birthday to Sasamoto-sensei, and thank you for your works and contribution. (ノ´д`ノ。・ゎーぃ・。\´д`\)

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-03-25 at 09:02. Reason: Sakaki -> Okita
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-17, 21:28   Link #2
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Why does this give off Nissio vibes?
Old 2013-02-17, 21:38   Link #3
justpassingby

^You got the order backwards?

Well if you were talking about Halation Ghost, other monsters coming out from the hole were Sea Serpent (splashing out from the School swimming pool) Not-King Ghidorah (flying above the school when the boys were playing football, and it wasn't Ghidorah because it had 2 front legs and not as yellow as the original one), Yuki Onna (causing blizzard inside boys dormitory, Okita was able to measure her 3 sizes before being "attacked", and Youko saved him again), Werewolf (running inside girls' dormitory), mermaid, Unicorn, Golem. Matsuda(?) cosplayed as Frankestein.

The starting Supernatural phenomenon in book 2 was an earthquake inside the school building, but there was no shaking outside. The students thought it was a poltergeist.

There was a scene where the characters have to pass through Hachi Daijigoku. Wiki translated is as Naraka, and English equivalent were Hell and Purgatory
Oh and they ran into Medusa and a pack of werewolves before meeting with the 創造主 (Creator) and closed the Box.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-02-17 at 22:13.
Old 2013-03-22, 20:10   Link #4
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

I just read this page.

WHAT THE HELL IS GOING HERE
Old 2013-03-23, 02:20   Link #5
justpassingby

^Just a 21 years old fella creating Light Novel 29 years ago :P...according to Tanigawa Nagaru at least. [side note 3]. And apparently Nagato Yuki is a homage to Kazusa Yuki.

I have no internet at home right now, so office it is, and I don't have the books with me right now. Please correct me regarding these characters.

Spoiler for SCF:

IIRC, the Sanada joked about the it is not shocking if the island they ended up on could have one or two Mothra and King Kong

I read someone at 2ch felt disappointed with Sensei as MiniPi didn't have the flare that he (commenter) felt from Yousei Sakusen, HoshiPi, ARIEL
For me, as an RF/Microwave Engineer, I am excited with the use of radar/Electronic Warfare in MiniPi, so I'm good.

Now, waiting for Yousei Sakusen anime......

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-03-24 at 18:56.
Old 2013-03-23, 08:35   Link #6
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

That's so weird seeing the new modern art for Yousei Sakusen.
I'm probably the only person in this entire board that read the series back in the mid 80s, real-time.

In fact, I still own them.

Also, the two books to the right you see in this picture is Star Dust City, it's a spiritual sequel to Yousei Sakusen.
In fact, the characters are literally reincarnation of character in Yousei Sakusen, but in a future setting.
I haven't read Miniskirt Pirates, but I wonder if SDC has connections to it.

EDIT: I have tons of these good ol' sci-fi novels from the 80s-90s, before the term "light novel" got applied to them.
You will see me vocally criticizing the current state of light novels, which people try to tell me I'm just stereotyping and not speaking from experience.
Meh. I've been reading these "light novels" since before most of them were BORN. /geezerrant

Last edited by aohige; 2013-03-23 at 09:17.
aohige is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-25, 08:45   Link #7
justpassingby

^Man you're awesome. m(_ _)m

I hope one day not only Star Dust City, but other novels that you've spoke of will be reprint so it will be easier on my eyes. I can't afford the time and money for Yahoo Auction, so reprint is my only hope . I'm still wondering why there is no reprint for Gaia Gear...

Staying on topic, I heard that Youko and the Silver Cross that she gave to Okita do appear in SDC. My favorite of the 4 books is definitely Halation Ghost, and my favorite characters are Okita, Youko, Yuki, Tsubasa, Sanada, Chiaki, and The Guide.
Most people would regard Tsubasa as a 'bitch' to Okita, but when she got herself into Yellow Search, stopped Okita from seeing a comatose Youko etc, I knew that she is much like Okita; willing to go the distance for her friends. Her sword style is apparently the one that Sakamoto Ryouma practiced.
The use of Daydream Believer (Monkees) for the dance was nice

Back to off-topic, Mouretsu Pirates is nominated for Seiun in Media Category. Good luck to both Sensei and Director Satou. Though Sensei didn't involve with the anime, and I don't know if he was not satisfied with MoPi just like when JC Staff adapted ARIEL (), but the anime seemed to have effects on the writing of vol 9. But whatever.

Good luck.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-03-25 at 09:34.
Old 2013-07-11, 07:05   Link #8
justpassingby

Sorry for the bump, but I don't want to create another thread for this.

Seiun Award Winner for Non-fiction, Uchuu he no Passport (Passport to the Universe) is now available for reading at j-comi.
Images
Picture of the Past
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

...though I would prefer if the series is reprinted so it would be easier for my eyes. And Stardust City too .

The last of Hoshi no Pilot (Astro Pilot), High Frontier/Blue Planet, will be on sale July 19th.

Last edited by justpassingby; 2013-07-11 at 07:42.
Old 2014-02-17, 10:00   Link #9
justpassingby

Sensei, Happy Birthday!!!

Last Saturday, a cocktail of emotions was shaken not stir when I watched Alex Murphy dreaming with this song being played.

This piece was also swung during Shangri-La atmospheric reentry and Nobu used the Force to control it.
Another usage of this song can also be found in ☆π vol 01 when Jennifer played the piano and sang it, and Miki was in tears trying to remember what was the song.

This song is definitely one of my all-time favorites, and thus it is respectfully dedicated to one of my favorite author for his 51st birthday.

And Happy (early) 30th Anniversary to Yousei Sakusen and Light Novels.

Aside of HoshiPi, I also would like to recommend Hoshi Kara Kita Mono. It has JFK at the end

ps. 30 years later, and I hate Nobuna and Nobunaga (The Fool) and preferred the side characters who do most of the jobs
Old 2015-02-17, 10:05   Link #10
justpassingby

Happy Birthday to Sensei. MiniPi vol 13 mada?

Yearly prayer for anime adaptation for this novel ┐( ̄∀ ̄)┌, and other novels by Sensei, with Mikako-shi being cast in every one of it _(:3 」∠)_

Also, Happy Chinese New Year for those who are celebrating it.
Old 2018-03-26, 00:43   Link #11
justpassingby

Many apologies for necromancing this thread.
Manga adaptation of this novel is on right now. Art by Motomura Eri

Nico http://seiga.nicovideo.jp/watch/mg309101?ref=nicoms

Anime when? I would like to hear Rhapsody in Blue used to wake up the MC :P
Old 2018-03-26, 00:48   Link #12
dragon1412

Seriously ?? that's one late adaption
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote