AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-10-31, 13:42   Link #1361
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
One of the things I really find fascinating about this series is all kinds things happening in the background. Like the rise of a new demon lord yet the story we are focused on is one man's personal mission to exterminated as many goblins as he can.
From a macro perspective, GS is the background. It's been consistently stated that GS's mission changes nothing and that is true on a certain scale. However, if you work at something long enough and do it well enough, then you can change the world.

Last edited by bakato; 2018-10-31 at 16:12.
bakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-31, 13:46   Link #1362
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

That's called the butterfly effect, fyi.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-31, 14:20   Link #1363
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

English Dub VA for Goblin Slayer has finally been announced, and the role for Goblin Slayer goes to...

Spoiler:
Old 2018-10-31, 21:45   Link #1364
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Goblin Slayer is the unimportant side character in their world unlike heroes who were destined for greatness. His effect on people and the world is more localized and personal.

Without spoiling the upcoming anime, the author did get into why Goblin Slayer doesn't let "God rolls the dice for him" in the next story arc.
Old 2018-10-31, 22:16   Link #1365
kukuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzrat View Post
Goblin Slayer is the unimportant side character in their world unlike heroes who were destined for greatness. His effect on people and the world is more localized and personal.

Without spoiling the upcoming anime, the author did get into why Goblin Slayer doesn't let "God rolls the dice for him" in the next story arc.
That's taken from an early interview, and may not hold true, as there is a certain amount of creative intervention here.

As the story pans out he does do important stuff, just never in the realm of champion of light sort of stuff.

GS has proven to mingle with the big guns without putting in spoilers, so the author clearly is not going the path of "side character" more like companion material type?
kukuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-31, 23:50   Link #1366
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

Quote:
Originally Posted by kukuru View Post
That's taken from an early interview, and may not hold true, as there is a certain amount of creative intervention here.

As the story pans out he does do important stuff, just never in the realm of champion of light sort of stuff.

GS has proven to mingle with the big guns without putting in spoilers, so the author clearly is not going the path of "side character" more like companion material type?
His journey and adventure does intersect with heroes indirectly but most of it is fairly brief. From a macro pov, he's not a key piece in the grand scheme of things still.

As i'm only up to LN volume 5, this premises hasn't change as far as i can tell. For anime only viewers, it's probably reasonable to assume Goblin Slayer is a story about normal adventurers going about their lives while the greater plots and events plays in the background.

In a way, GS is kinda like a Slice of Life anime on DnD NPCs.
Old 2018-11-01, 15:06   Link #1367
The Green One

Goblin slaying isn't a glorious job, but it's his job.
Old 2018-11-01, 22:50   Link #1368
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuuou View Post

Even if you put goblin slayer with a naked girl, he won't be caring about her nakedness, only that she's not a goblin.
Yeah, this is basically how it would go down.

Spoiler:
Wheeljack83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 02:21   Link #1369
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheeljack83 View Post

Spoiler:
As if. He'd murder those plushies.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 03:30   Link #1370
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:

Spoiler:
You should read a doujin where GS doing with someone so he can find the goblin's location. The whole business deal doesn't even leave him an impact. He walked away like a boss.

I found it is hilarious as hell.

Last edited by Sixth; 2018-11-02 at 03:42.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-02, 05:17   Link #1371
Wheeljack83

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
One of the things I really find fascinating about this series is all kinds things happening in the background. Like the rise of a new demon lord yet the story we are focused on is one man's personal mission to exterminated as many goblins as he can.
It sort of reminds me of the Marvel Cinematic Universe. You have the big, planet-risking, interstellar and inter-dimensional cosmic events. And then you have the smaller "street-level" events.

Goblin Slayer is like the street-level hero of this universe. He's not taking the quests that threaten nations or the world.

It makes sense when you figure that Kumo Kagyu was also inspired by western comics like Batman and The Punisher.

Those characters are usually focused on a particular area or city (ie Gotham City for Batman; gangster and drug dealers for Punisher). But every once in a while they get involved with bigger events (ie Justice League for Batman or Punisher getting involved with Thunderbolts or Civil War).

Goblin Slayer is the street level hero of this "universe" basically. And what he's doing matters to the local and smaller villagers. The common folk and such.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2018-11-03 at 08:35. Reason: quoted post was a spoiler. removed.
Old 2018-11-02, 05:49   Link #1372
Skaddix

I can definitely see the Punisher Influence.
Skaddix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 08:16   Link #1373
Wheeljack83

Mods why did you delete all our posts? We spoiler tagged everything. The preview screenshots are out. They are fair game.

Bad form! Bad form indeed. I call shenanigans.
Old 2018-11-03, 08:27   Link #1374
RDNexus

Maybe you guys were saying more than what's allowed in a thread of an Anime Adaptation. Just let it go.
RDNexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 08:29   Link #1375
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Mods why did you delete all our posts? We spoiler tagged everything. The preview screenshots are out. They are fair game.

Bad form! Bad form indeed. I call shenanigans.
As long preview pictures were NOT officially distributed by the anime staff (preview video etc), they are not considered as "fair" in term of exposition.
And that wasn't even the problem. A lot of the posts I've deleted were outright referring to the timeline and the things that were "missing", along with mention of an event that was not even supposed to be known at this point. This is a blatant spoiler, and the rules are very clear regarding them.

Do not jump on the gun thinking they skipped X or Y arc because some later events were put too "early". Event order rearrangement is something extremely common in anime adaptation.
Old 2018-11-03, 11:01   Link #1376
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
As long preview pictures were NOT officially distributed by the anime staff (preview video etc), they are not considered as "fair" in term of exposition.
And that wasn't even the problem. A lot of the posts I've deleted were outright referring to the timeline and the things that were "missing", along with mention of an event that was not even supposed to be known at this point. This is a blatant spoiler, and the rules are very clear regarding them.

Do not jump on the gun thinking they skipped X or Y arc because some later events were put too "early". Event order rearrangement is something extremely common in anime adaptation.
I think they can still adapt the final part of Volume 1 at the end of the anime, it can easily be placed there and will not mess up anything.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-03, 11:48   Link #1377
Tenzen12

I think we will get it normaly in 6-7th episode as mid season finale with more slicey lifey 5th as buffer.
Old 2018-11-03, 11:57   Link #1378
eiyuuou

Season1 will likely end with Goblin Slayer meeting a formidable foe

A goblin.
Old 2018-11-03, 12:18   Link #1379
Tenzen12

Nice episode, it certainly show that being rookie adventurer is life threating job even for "true beginner quests". Getting killed is pretty logical occupation hazard for adventurer in general there is not really point of complaining about that.

Also it have to be hard work with living live lie detector, nothing remain hidden.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
I think we will get it normaly in 6-7th episode as mid season finale with more slicey lifey 5th as buffer.
...or not. I guess they really will put end of first volume as final arc. Giving it second thoughts it make sense even if next arc is objectively on larger scale.
Old 2018-11-03, 12:35   Link #1380
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The episode was sort of a good change of pace in general, although the production struggle was quite apparent considering how the characters weren't really consistent in term of drawing. The discussion between Rookie Warrior and Heavy Warrior (not guts) party was quite awkward with Apprentice Priestess' adventurer tag only visible when she mentions it, or how Heavy Warrior and Female Paladin training was very awkward in general. And... again, they really want to put more emphasis on the fanservice stuff whenever they can, do they...?

On the flipside, I'm quite happy they also put the adventurer interview, since it explores a bit how the guild functions, especially regarding the adventurers rank. That said, I'm a bit disappointed the training ground was basically skipped, although that might be inserted later.

Tags
disturbing content, fantasy, tragedy