AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2024-03-26, 22:41   Link #1381
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Yeah, so far that's impression I got.

Deviations exist, mostly to enable better characterization, OG fan-theory and making things more sensible (and faster so they can fit it into PS5).

Besides, the ending pretty much raise question I mentioned on previous post.
Which one better for Cloud, a new, temporary world as shown by cracked sky where Aerith lives or keep it same, things went as OG dictates.
Marlene believed latter is better, because it will free Aerith from cat-and-mouse game of influencing Cloud perspective of world against Sephiroth.

Note that on final battle, Cloud started the fight with empty gauge unlike others. Implying he's not on heightened emotion state.
So we're back to basic. If Cloud wanted to break free from Sephiroth reign, he have to accept process and outcome of OG. Maybe next time with Aerith and Zack goad him just like how he improvised Omnislash in AC instead of just pitch-black room.

Old 2024-03-27, 02:48   Link #1382
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homura7 View Post
People are too obsessed with the idea that the narrative will stay 100% faithful to OG FF7 that they don't even bother to understand what happened at the end of the game.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Remake and Rebirth were just setting up things, the final part will be where the story will truly undergo major changes. It's about time you understand that you're playing a sequel.[/SPOILER]
The reason why she does that is because

Spoiler:

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-03-27 at 03:03.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-31, 17:01   Link #1383
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Just finished the game myself. (RL is killer right now) Another great game, though I hard a harder time grasping the guarding mechanics this time. I got 3/4s of the way through Remake on hard before RL stepped back in, and then I moved on to my very long backlist of games, but in Rebirth I put the guard window booster materia on Cloud and even set it to easy, and I still can only rarely get perfect guards. I didn’t want to end up tearing my hair out so I just finished the game on easy mode.

There were definitely too many mini-game mechanics, though. I hope SE doesn’t go so hard on those in part 3.

I don’t really have anything to say on the game story-wise, it was all really great and I have nothing to add. On the ending with Aerith though,

Spoiler for Aerith in the ending:

Last edited by Shinji103; 2024-03-31 at 17:36.
Shinji103 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-31, 17:50   Link #1384
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Just finished the game myself. (RL is killer right now) Another great game, though I hard a harder time grasping the guarding mechanics this time. I got 3/4s of the way through Remake on hard before RL stepped back in, and then I moved on to my very long backlist of games, but in Rebirth I put the guard window booster materia on Cloud and even set it to easy, and I still can only rarely get perfect guards. I didn’t want to end up tearing my hair out so I just finished the game on easy mode.
I didn't guard the entire game. Dodging is more than enough to get you through the whole game on normal. I found it way easier than Remake, except for the final boss.

Didn't bother with hard mode this time around. The game already took up way too much of my time. It was pointlessly long, I hope they don't make the same mistake for the third game.
Old 2024-03-31, 20:41   Link #1385
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I didn't guard the entire game. Dodging is more than enough to get you through the whole game on normal. I found it way easier than Remake, except for the final boss.

Didn't bother with hard mode this time around. The game already took up way too much of my time. It was pointlessly long, I hope they don't make the same mistake for the third game.
I also tried dodging when blocking didn’t work out, but there as well I couldn’t grasp it. It felt like every time I tried to dodge an attack the enemy delayed the attack so it would go off as my dodge ended.

On the note of dodging and blocking, I actually neglected to mention that Rufus SUCKS. Worst boss in the whole game. Enemies with Hyper Counter Spam are terrible, but they really went nuts with Rufus in Rebirth. I didn’t get to Rufus in Hard in Remake (I imagine that would have been pretty bad), but I beat all of Remake without having to set it to easy and while Rufus was hard, I still pulled it off without having to retry. Here, I had to set it to easy and Rufus was STILL hell.
Old 2024-03-31, 22:19   Link #1386
Shadow5YA

Dodging heavily depends on the character. Everyone's dodges are buffed from Remake, but Barret is still too slow so he's better off blocking.

Quote:

There were definitely too many mini-game mechanics, though. I hope SE doesn’t go so hard on those in part 3.

I don’t really have anything to say on the game story-wise, it was all really great and I have nothing to add. On the ending with Aerith though,

Spoiler for Aerith in the ending:
Spoiler for ending:
Old 2024-03-31, 23:28   Link #1387
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Dodging heavily depends on the character. Everyone's dodges are buffed from Remake, but Barret is still too slow so he's better off blocking.
Well yeah, I know that, but I can’t get either to work for anybody.
Old 2024-04-01, 02:50   Link #1388
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Well yeah, I know that, but I can’t get either to work for anybody.
That's because regular rolls don't have any invincibility frames like most other games do. You have to avoid hitboxes entirely.

That's easier now that the animations are much quicker and snappier (except for maybe Barret's), but anything that touches your character will still hit you.
Old 2024-04-01, 06:16   Link #1389
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

Spoiler for ending:
Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2024-04-01, 08:55   Link #1390
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
On the note of dodging and blocking, I actually neglected to mention that Rufus SUCKS. Worst boss in the whole game. Enemies with Hyper Counter Spam are terrible, but they really went nuts with Rufus in Rebirth. I didn’t get to Rufus in Hard in Remake (I imagine that would have been pretty bad), but I beat all of Remake without having to set it to easy and while Rufus was hard, I still pulled it off without having to retry. Here, I had to set it to easy and Rufus was STILL hell.
Commit yourself to perfect block and dodge.
Cloud have 5% Limit Boost from Block and Stagger folio skills, after all.

Rufus role technically same as Remake, punishing button masher.

Player that easily pass him will be those who actually checked mechanics;
Some players managed to no damage run abusing perfect block + HP-MP Swap (so limit gauge speed dramatically increase, allowing back-to-back limit, similar to OG).

I expect same things will happen for his fight in last installment.

Old 2024-04-01, 12:56   Link #1391
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Spoiler for Ending:
Spoiler:
Old 2024-04-01, 17:01   Link #1392
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2024-04-01, 23:32   Link #1393
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Spoiler for Ending:
I'd like to point towards Nojima's description of Tifa's character and her strained relationship with Cloud.

He talks about how Tifa had reservations about Avalanche at first, but she stays because she grows increasingly worried about Cloud and has no idea what he's thinking. Her prying gets increasingly antagonistic, which is what leads to her conflict with Cloud.

Keep that in mind with how their relationship is at the end of this game.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-04-02 at 04:19.
Old 2024-04-02, 06:36   Link #1394
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2024-04-02, 07:49   Link #1395
cyberdemon

Quote:
Spoiler for Ending:
Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2024-04-02, 14:22   Link #1396
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Spoiler for Ending:
Spoiler:
Old 2024-04-02, 17:54   Link #1397
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler for Ending:
Old 2024-04-02, 21:26   Link #1398
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Spoiler for Ending:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2024-04-02 at 22:01.
Old 2024-04-03, 02:33   Link #1399
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

The way I see it ...

Aerith in ending, who lives and felt by Nanaki, is Remake Aerith who survived the canon event thanks to Cloud effort, staged by Sephiroth.

Reminder that she told Cloud not to look into (fragmented) sky which is shared traits of all doomed timelines. Timeline where Aerith lives shouldn't exist.
Cloud can see her thanks to Sephiroth intentionally made him aware of multiple realities, Red can feel her as he have enhanced sensitivity to Lifestream (which Sephiroth affirmed to be the true form of "multiverses") following experiment performed on him.

Then why she encourages Cloud to keep going? Its not OOC for AU Aerith to do so regardless of what she knew about Black Materia.
Reminder that OG Aerith appears (the one talked by Marlene, who sleep in Zack timeline) and caught Sephiroth off-guard before dissolved into green aura.
Remake Aerith become more aware she shouldn't survive and Cloud have to move forward. Her story ends there, the best she can do to minimize deviation after visible to Cloud is to wait and pray.

If she following Cloud, it will be exactly what Sephiroth wanted.
Not only it helps him to seek OG Aerith without White Whispers, but also will convinced Cloud to distrust everyone who disagree with him that Aerith lives.
Sephiroth already build so many advantages (event interference that not ruin canon events, corrupting Whispers) that the best OG Aerith can do is sit still, praying so Cloud not betraying OG path.
Old 2024-04-03, 03:12   Link #1400
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Question: why did Aerith got bullied by other kids when she was under the care of Elmyra? Did they know that she's an Ancient? But now (at the start of Remake) she is loved by everybody even though she still lives in the same neighborhood that bullied her when she was little? What's the deal with that?

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg