Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-04-15, 03:47   Link #281
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsundere Louise View Post
The 2nd season might get better than the 1st one...
I can't feel this way yet (well, aside from Hastur shenanigans). The main reason being almost all the jokes and references so far flew straight past me .
I need to lurk moar
Old 2013-04-15, 11:28   Link #282
larethian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cirno View Post
(」・ω・)」SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ!\(・ω・\)SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ !
\(・ω・\)SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ! \(・ω・\)SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ!

My sanity points been getting lower by the new OP. \(・ω・\)SAN値!(/・ω・)/ピンチ!

Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai?

Awww the moment when Hasuta getting the brush was so hnnng. I've watched enough GJ-bu episodes to know what it feels.

So Hasuta in his kamen ri- true form next week?
Nah, the respective volume should have been written way before Daito came out. Besides, if they want to make a Daito reference, they would have talked about the 'type of books' that are in the library with respect to Daito's game

There are Toshokan Sensou references though.
Library Defense Force ROFL www

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
I can't feel this way yet (well, aside from Hastur shenanigans). The main reason being almost all the jokes and references so far flew straight past me .
I need to lurk moar
You need to be more otakuish I guess and get in touch with other popular stuff as well. Just playing VNs is not enough if you want to fully enjoy shows with tons of parodies and references
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 12:42   Link #283
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by SQA View Post
It's the first time you have a Tsundere male lead that has EVERY REASON ON THE FACE OF THE EARTH to keep the Eldritch Abominations off him.

Then realize, for Mahiro, it REALLY would hurt.
Come on Mahiro-kun, it would only hurt at first, then you will be in extasis as Shantak-kun was this episode

This episode did feel slower than the previous. Good to know Nyaruko and Kuuko do value books, no doubt they would have vaporized the enemy if they had gone all out like the usually do. Also, good to know the "alien invader" from the previous episode survived the double whamy Nyaruko and Kuuko unknowingly delivered her. The shower scene came out of nowhere, I wonder how much will Mahiro resist, he didn't use a fork this time to fend of the invader, his resistance is waning.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 13:59   Link #284
FlavoryFantasy
♪~Deculture~♪ (✿◠‿◠)

^ I was looking forward to more Shantak-kun screen time. But then it had to involve Hastur doing things to it...unfair. ;_;

Anyway - Yes! A library episode, well sort of. All those books...oh boy, I really don't want to be stuck on earth anymore. Be willing to even be part of the library defense force. No matter how crappy a job that'd be. Of all the people things Hastur was the only one who could break up Nyaruko & Kuuko fights who knows how many eons ago? That's kind of frightening....

Luhy-san nice to see she's doing well. Tron would definitely become one of her regulars. Then it'd devolve into some amusing effort to win her love, and of course see/sniff her pantsu.
Old 2013-04-15, 14:13   Link #285
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

Quote:
Originally Posted by larethian View Post
You need to be more otakuish I guess and get in touch with other popular stuff as well. Just playing VNs is not enough if you want to fully enjoy shows with tons of parodies and references
*shiku shiku* I thought I was knowledgeable enough a few years ago by the time first season airs, but the otaku world is evolving too fast for me to follow, either that or they went further back in time where I wouldn't have any knowledge of, maybe both . My current biggest gripe being I didn't follow KR Wizard! I sort of envied a friend of mine who blew up laughing with the numerous Wizard reference.
Old 2013-04-15, 20:17   Link #286
backbone
Banned

Even after ep 2, i'm still not sold on this show yet. The comedies are either hit or miss to me (mostly miss), and Mahiro's constant dismissal toward Nyaruko just annoy the heck of me. Hopefully there's some plot going on and not just blind and brainless comedy show
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 20:41   Link #287
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Hopefully there's some plot going on and not just blind and brainless comedy show
Please don't throw around adjectives like that without watching where they land. For someone like myself, this show is smart, but it's smart because of the comedy. That it made a nod not just towards Kamen Rider W, but to a specific scene in Kamen Rider W's movie shows that while the show may be a reference fest, it's well researched, and there's some love in it.

Why is "plot" the immediate solution proposed to fixing any show? There are so many other dimensions in entertainment, and for Nyarko, that hinges on the rapid-fire jokes/references/running gags and the lovability of the characters. They're couched in exactly as much plot as they need to be, because the primary goal is to get laughs. Even when there is an overarching story (because there are always episodic stories), the end result is inevitably an anticlimax, because that's what the show is trying to do to be the best Nyarko it can be.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 21:59   Link #288
backbone
Banned

Too bad for me then (T_T), if this show relies completely on comedy, because honestly the comedies didn't really knock well into me. Exactly the same feeling i got when i watched GJ-Bu and Joshiraku where most of the punchlines just fell flat

But thanks for replying anyway
backbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-15, 23:25   Link #289
AbZeroNow
North American Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Freebies.

Claiming that sig. Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post

and, gotta cut this post short (bloody long list of anime to get in a few hours, needs my sleeps), but here's a few avatars:
Claiming Kuuko. I'm very hot for her.

Loved the Lucky Star references in the first episode of this season.
AbZeroNow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 02:40   Link #290
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by backbone View Post
Even after ep 2, i'm still not sold on this show yet. The comedies are either hit or miss to me (mostly miss), and Mahiro's constant dismissal toward Nyaruko just annoy the heck of me. Hopefully there's some plot going on and not just blind and brainless comedy show
If you don't have any knowledge of old anime or japanese culture in general you probably won't like it. If you looking for something with plot this probably isn't the series for you. The series is mainly gag/comedy relief, it isn't really serious. The parody is fun though. For me at least. (Basic lovecraft mythos would help, but not as much if your not reading the novel)
Old 2013-04-16, 08:43   Link #291
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

I could live the rest of my life in that library! Hell, I could spend several lifetimes in that library!

And Luhy made an appearance! ~swoon~

I do have to admit, Hasuta finally did something useful by fending off the thieves attacks. However, I still want him off my screen.

I noticed that Lovecraft's name was worked into the OP lyrics, unless that was something the subber added.

Endless "Our troubles are always darkness" Soul
Old 2013-04-16, 08:48   Link #292
Gravitas Free Zone

Well... that didn't take very long.

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 08:49   Link #293
Ridwan

Hasuta just needs to be more active.
Old 2013-04-16, 11:02   Link #294
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

so we get cool, manly Hastur next week? I approve.

Old 2013-04-16, 11:10   Link #295
sikvod00

He looks wack, to be honest.
sikvod00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 12:47   Link #296
Tenzen12

MANLY HASTUR!!!! IMPOSSIBLE!! (approve anyway)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 13:04   Link #297
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Hasta doesn't wear glasses. I suppose they will parody something, and I'm pretty sure that's not Hasta.
Old 2013-04-16, 16:59   Link #298
Midonin
Last Engage

In accordance with the rules of the internet and also fan culture, I present, from here, the unspeakable song-like thing mentioned in episode 1, 上からニャル子

邪神を名乗り
自由奔放で
前の設定は
無視して嘘をつく

人混みにまみれ
今日も迫りくる
お前に(僕は)フォーク
突き刺す

上からニャル子
SAN値下げる奴め!
愛のままにわがままに
無茶苦茶
何でいきなり?
燃えるハイテンション?
どこまで本気なのか?
這い寄る混沌(カオス)

English Version

You introduced yourself to me
as a free-spirited Evil Deity

Your previous setting
was lied about and ignored

Though we're lost in the crowd
You get in my way
And I stab you with a fork

Nyaruko from above! A SAN-depleting devil is she!
Showing your selfish and unreasonable love for me
Why so suddenly? Why do you burn with such high tension?
Just how serious are you, Crawling Chaos?
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 17:59   Link #299
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-16, 18:27   Link #300
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
So the next setting is Alaozar, and (after a quick bit of research) the place IS apparently related to the Great Old One Zhar (whom we saw awakening this episode). It's a Derleth creation too, which surprised some (I suppose the story it's from is obscure enough), from the short story "The Lair of the Star-Spawn". It's located on the Plateau of Sung, which is said to be connected to Leng in some way.

And yes, it IS located in Burma. The more you know!

This is what's so great about Nyarko. There's the referential goofball comedy, then there's the very VERY well-researched Mythos side to it. Shows how much the production crew love both the LN source material, and the Mythos too.

Tags
comedy, parody, sci-fi, seinen, trap