Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-05-23, 08:50   Link #1161
karice67
さっく♥ゆうきゃん♥ほそやん

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs90 View Post
Im not bragging, but rather just rub it in since the guy made a fool of my japanese earlier, so i have to make a point.. (also jlpt n2 is the level where im qualified to read newspaper and books so that was the only point im trying to make..).. the guy claimed she was waiting for a 'group of people' to return when the song clearly uses anata (your return) あなたの帰りを.. what can i say.

*snip*
I do agree that the 大切な人 in the final stanza is probably the same as the person in the second verse. But like Thess, I am not so sure that the song is talking about different people. Although I think that Caesar is more honest than Mitsu, what Thess said about Mitsu in episode 13 rung true when I re watched it. Though Ichihime's concern for Caesar gives a lot of food for thought (and wishful thinking on my part). So I personally won't say any more about that until that plot line is over.

But whether you are right about the interpretation of the song or not, on balance from my perspective, your explanations of the language have been less accurate than Thess's. And in my experience, newspapers are easier to understand because there's little room for interpretation. Songs are different. So, to be very frank, I don't think JLPT N2 means much in this context. (And I'm speaking as someone who has passed it.)

(P.s. 遠ざかる can simply mean "going away." I was just trying to be creative, and 'drifting away' may actually be the wrong phrase to use.)

How Suetsugu Yuki drew the cover for Chihayafuru volume 34

Interview translations etc

You must free yourself from that illusion,
from the illusion that a story must have a beginning and an end.

"No, you are not entitled to your opinion... You are only entitled to what you can argue for.”
- Patrick Stokes

karice67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 08:56   Link #1162
JKW47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by karice67 View Post
I do agree that the 大切な人 in the final stanza is probably the same as the person in the second verse. But like Thess, I am not so sure that the song is talking about different people. Although I think that Caesar is more honest than Mitsu, what Thess said about Mitsu in episode 13 rung true when I re watched it. Though Ichihime's concern for Caesar gives a lot of food for thought (and wishful thinking on my part). So I personally won't say any more about that until that plot line is over.

But whether you are right about the interpretation of the song or not, on balance from my perspective, your explanations of the language have been less accurate than Thess's. And in my experience, newspapers are easier to understand because there's little room for interpretation. Songs are different. So, to be very frank, I don't think JLPT N2 means much in this context. (And I'm speaking as someone who has passed it.)

(P.s. 遠ざかる can simply mean "going away." I was just trying to be creative, and 'drifting away' may actually be the wrong phrase to use.)
I hope its caesar too ! they are really awesome together! i hope my sister is right !
JKW47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 09:04   Link #1163
jfs90
Banned

Quote:

Spoiler for Wall:

Last edited by jfs90; 2014-05-23 at 11:10.
jfs90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 09:30   Link #1164
JKW47
Banned

Quote:

people's feelings change.. she also threatened to kill caesar and claimed she was only going to him out of duty, but even after she is reunited with mitsu and caesar got arrested (?) and remember takedas protection is already useless since they got nuked by gupta =P technically caesar is useless now but she still worries for him so much, i cant help but think she has feelings for him now, especially after all he did for her including saving mitsu from certain death, its harder to see how she wont be moved after all the whiteknighting he did out of his love for her...

Remember that mitsu is motivated by his fathers thing and his clan, thats the real reason he is with nobunaga, while right now ceasar only cares about making her happy, even if it means saving his love rival (which is very selfless) and i think this will be what really shifts her affections to him

Also if caesar comes back doesnt it mean that she has to be his bride still and cannot be with Mitsu? but she seems to want him to be back safely and not seem to mind about that..

ahhh my shipping heart cant take it..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs90 View Post
Spoiler for Wall:
I sure hope youre right.. it does make sense from what you said, and a real romance between caesar and ichihime will be suitable to be the one thing that pushes mitsu to go ahead with his betrayal.. gogo honooooojiiiiii

aaaah the wait is killing me

Also from the translation using atlas and stuff it seems she is waiting for the guys return to tell him her feelings? and youre right, caesar is the only one in the oda side who has been missing for 2 episodes since mitsu already got back safely and she still hasnt confessed to him... while the song says 'i will tell you when you return' according to your translation.. it can only be caesar!

I cant wait for them to meet again...

also not sure how she will confess to mitsu while she is still caesars bride.. it wont make sense, or at least i hope shes not that much of a b*tch lol...

Last edited by JKW47; 2014-05-23 at 09:53.
Old 2014-05-23, 12:19   Link #1165
JKW47
Banned

http://www.nobunaga.tv/story.html?st=20

Looks like caesar is on his way back... riding his transformed mech!

who wants to bet caesar makes a heroic entrance and makes mitsu even more jelly? (if only i can use a regalia and have such a cool mech.. graaaah i the savioorr kinggggggg gogo honnouji)
Old 2014-05-23, 16:02   Link #1166
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKW47 View Post
http://www.nobunaga.tv/story.html?st=20

Looks like caesar is on his way back... riding his transformed mech!
Poor Quo Vadis looks a bit weird there.

And by the looks of it, Nobu is going to be all badass again, uhh no plz. Also, uh, is Alexander going to end up like how I imagine he's going to end up? because that would be a super lame end for him. (Then again... Kenshin.)

Quote:
who wants to bet caesar makes a heroic entrance and makes mitsu even more jelly? (if only i can use a regalia and have such a cool mech.. graaaah i the savioorr kinggggggg gogo honnouji)
Jelly Mitsu is the best Mitsu. XD Also, it would be nice if Ichi and Caesar met again in peaceful circumstances, with Mitsu watching.

Reality:
Ichi: Hi Caesar, you're back?
Caesar: Yeah, I'll stay here for a while.
Ichi: Got any cake?
Caesar: Sure, let's have some.

Mitsu's Jelly Vision:
Ichi: ~OH, ~*CAESAR-DONO*~ I'M *o*SO HAPPY*o* *flowing tears of joy*
Caesar: MWAHAHA I'm back to do unspeakable things to your honor and to make you forget all about that horrible Mitsuhide who can't do anything lol he's such a loser.
Ichi: ~*MITSUHIDE WHO? MY EYES CAN SEE ONLY YOU*~
Caesar: Come, my awesome new ride is waiting! *points at shiny white mecha*

Last edited by kuromitsu; 2014-05-23 at 16:12.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 16:27   Link #1167
JKW47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Poor Quo Vadis looks a bit weird there.

And by the looks of it, Nobu is going to be all badass again, uhh no plz. Also, uh, is Alexander going to end up like how I imagine he's going to end up? because that would be a super lame end for him. (Then again... Kenshin.)

Jelly Mitsu is the best Mitsu. XD Also, it would be nice if Ichi and Caesar met again in peaceful circumstances, with Mitsu watching.

Reality:
Ichi: Hi Caesar, you're back?
Caesar: Yeah, I'll stay here for a while.
Ichi: Got any cake?
Caesar: Sure, let's have some.

Mitsu's Jelly Vision:
Ichi: ~OH, ~*CAESAR-DONO*~ I'M *o*SO HAPPY*o* *flowing tears of joy*
Caesar: MWAHAHA I'm back to do unspeakable things to your honor and to make you forget all about that horrible Mitsuhide who can't do anything lol he's such a loser.
Ichi: ~*MITSUHIDE WHO? MY EYES CAN SEE ONLY YOU*~
Caesar: Come, my awesome new ride is waiting! *points at shiny white mecha*
Yeah it looks like its anorexic form of quo vadis but maybe thats just the angle..

Also caesar speeding through time and space for the sake of his love? maybe?

I cant imagine alexander dying before the last supper event, since hes in the painting... imo the 2 sides will have a truce negotation to gather the 2 sides together and thats when mitsu and brutus do their combined deed.. then again shingen is in the painting so idk... doesnt seem accurate.. anyway i saw the post about Mitsu doing 'that' in the last supper painting and my reaction is... PFFT...hHAHAHhhaahahahahHHAHAHA ..oh mitsu you are better off as comedic relief

Im calling it now! the sun referred to in the episode is actually caesar himself, since in the end he said 'i will deliver you its warmth'....maybe he will have an epic entrance and in ep 21 he and ichi will have their romantic? reunion seeing him as her 'sun' or something(and i really hope the song is referring to him=P)

i want to knowww how will she react when she sees him again? will it be awkward 'hi'? or will he come and sweep her off her feet with some suave prince charming line? or will it be awkward with mitsu in the background? will mitsu enter his emo jelly mode again? will Mitsu finally snap after seeing them getting closer or have an intimate husband-wife moment? I can certainly see Mitsu seeing a caesar x ichi scene making him finally commit to his betrayal once and for all... i mean the creators purposely seperated caesar and ichi since ep 14, and she even had her reunion with mitsu first, only to then worry about caesar.. i cant imagine them not having a big reunion scene (prays to god).. 

Last edited by JKW47; 2014-05-23 at 16:48.
Old 2014-05-23, 17:06   Link #1168
Calem24

More Ichihime and Caesar ..
Quote:
and signed by the animation director..
Calem24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 17:17   Link #1169
JKW47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calem24 View Post
More Ichihime and Caesar ..

and signed by the animation director..
This is still my favorite

http://0-media-cdn.foolz.us/ffuuka/b...8419381525.jpg

Despair more mitsu! you should be with saru instead
Old 2014-05-24, 00:32   Link #1170
LostSome

Speaking of Mitsuhide`s love for Ichihime...
The vision was telling him that what he really wanted was to restore his clan and rule all instead of helping Nobunaga, but also...
That he wanted revenge and not really Ichihime`s love ? Or did I got the burning woman part wrong ?
LostSome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 00:39   Link #1171
JKW47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostSome View Post
Speaking of Mitsuhide`s love for Ichihime...
The vision was telling him that what he really wanted was to restore his clan and rule all instead of helping Nobunaga, but also...
That he wanted revenge and not really Ichihime`s love ? Or did I got the burning woman part wrong ?
I thought so too.. because the little shit was clearly half hoping that Nobu wouldnt return so he could become the savior king... (FFS this guy is supposed to be his BEST FRIEND!!!!)
(well maybe he thinks he will have ichi easily if he becomes the savior king but idk), But remember caesar guessed (correctly) that Mitsu is only following nobunaga due to his daddy thing, so maybe he isnt as loyal to nobu as we thought, cause its all about his daddy and clan

I agree with ur main idea though, last ep it seems like Mitsu has accepted his true self and his destiny and will choose his daddy problems and akechi clan thing (betrayal route), on contrast, from ep 20 preview caesar seems to be about to choose ichi once and for all ' I will protect that light at any cost wwwwww'

is it just me or the show is portraying caesar and mitsu as polar opposites?

Caesar-bad guy turned good thanks to the light (ichi) (he doesnt even have to accept her light, he just wants to protect it awwwwww)
Mitsu-good guy rejected the light (ichi) and slowly turned bad(der)

Last edited by JKW47; 2014-05-24 at 00:52.
Old 2014-05-24, 01:53   Link #1172
Rokumonsen
Fear the Spear

Is the reason why Regalias rejected Mitsu is because he refuse to accept the 'light'?

Or he wasn't really one of the chosen?
Old 2014-05-24, 02:03   Link #1173
kuromitsu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero-2 View Post
Is the reason why Regalias rejected Mitsu is because he refuse to accept the 'light'?

Or he wasn't really one of the chosen?
Come to think of it, did Mitsu even try? I don't remember seeing him trying to use one... (but it's morning here and my mind isn't quite working yet)

Both Caesar and Jeanne failed the first time they tried to use theirs, only succeeding when they were sufficiently determined, so perhaps Mitsu just hasn't reached that stage yet.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 03:33   Link #1174
JKW47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Come to think of it, did Mitsu even try? I don't remember seeing him trying to use one... (but it's morning here and my mind isn't quite working yet)

Both Caesar and Jeanne failed the first time they tried to use theirs, only succeeding when they were sufficiently determined, so perhaps Mitsu just hasn't reached that stage yet.
Well the regalia responded to caesar but he failed to make the contract because shingen had already given it to nobu, so he knew he had to kill nobu first (but the regalia responded to him in a way), so caesar knew he was already one of the chosen and can actually use a regalia...

Also im pretty sure he tried at some point since he said if only i could use a shinki so he probably tried but found his ass wasnt worthy, so yeah.. Only time i can see him using a shinki is after he turned bad (maybe he will use one of arthurs sides regalias, i cant see him stealing or using any of nobus)
Old 2014-05-24, 04:55   Link #1175
DMurphy

I don't actually remember Mitsu ever trying, which is strange. He's never really had the opportunity, either, because he's never been inside a giant war armour.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 05:35   Link #1176
JKW47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
I don't actually remember Mitsu ever trying, which is strange. He's never really had the opportunity, either, because he's never been inside a giant war armour.
You dont have to be in an armor to use regalia himiko does it all the time, either way he knows he cant use it so im sure he tried at some point
Old 2014-05-24, 06:06   Link #1177
DMurphy

Quote:
You dont have to be in an armor to use regalia himiko does it all the time, either way he knows he cant use it so im sure he tried at some point
Himiko seems like a special case, though.

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
DMurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 07:03   Link #1178
JKW47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Himiko seems like a special case, though.
I dunno, all i know is he seems pretty sure he cant use one, and himiko uses a regalia without a giant mech, so thats enough for me
Old 2014-05-24, 20:12   Link #1179
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
But, I don't think he's ever gotten one to try. Like an actual one to use of his own. Holding someone eles probably won't cut it.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 20:53   Link #1180
JKW47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
But, I don't think he's ever gotten one to try. Like an actual one to use of his own. Holding someone eles probably won't cut it.
Hideyoshi was easily able to use one of Nobus, maybe nobu let him try offscreen, he seems sure he cant use a regalia and repeatedly said it, and even caesar had a good time rubbing it in his face

And ep 18 Nobu was able to borrow himikos regalia so you CAN borrow someone elses.. im sure he tried offscreen but failed

Tags
bishonen, mecha