AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga > To Aru... Railgun [M/LN]

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Manga - Daihasei Festival Arc Rating
Perfect 10 9 19.15%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 16 34.04%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 8 17.02%
7 out of 10 : Good 6 12.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 12.77%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 2.13%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 2.13%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2014-04-27, 23:51   Link #81
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

The chapter has finally been scanlated. However, there really isn't much to comment on as we already figured out the story beforehand. The only thing is Dolly being the clone prototype and her younger sister who is most likely going to be Misaka #00000, Full-Tuning. Nothing that hasn't already been figured out... It was a needed chapter but an underwhelming one. I hope the arc reaches a conclusion in the next chapter.
Old 2014-04-28, 00:00   Link #82
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I thought it was good. We needed a Mitori past sooner or later. I'm glad it wasn't 19 pages.

And yeah, this more or less confirms Full-Tuning time.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 00:18   Link #83
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

I just read the chapter and I agree. The other clone Misaki is talking about seems to likely be Misaka #00000-Full Tuning...

It was a bit underwhelming of a chapter (not to say that it wasn't good) but it was a necessary one to finally begin tying up loose ends. Seems like the arc will be ending in the next couple of chapters (whether it's one or three is still unclear but I personally estimate 1-2 more chapters left).

On another note, I love how Mitori just scrolls past the all important info about Parameter List without even batting an eye. Had she kept that info...she could have succeeded in destroying Academy City in another way. The upheaval she could have caused within Academy City if she released that info would be incredible.
Spoiler for Index Volume 22+ spoilers:
Old 2014-04-28, 00:23   Link #84
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

That was funny.

>Parameter List
Nope.
Old 2014-04-28, 01:30   Link #85
Ravagerblade
The Fearless

It's trying up loose ends along with building more plot.
Mitori-chan ftw! I think we might be seeing a heel-face turn, just like I said awhile ago.
I am wondering if Touma will play apart or not; odds say no but I'd like to see dolly's sister, Mitori, Misaki and Touma to all meet. I suppose it is also Railgun's turn too.

“No, I don’t get it at all. I may claim to ‘understand’ Othinus, but I only know her as a girl. I don’t understand anything when it comes to her being a Magic God.” - Touma NT13
Ravagerblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 04:46   Link #86
@GEMC

what happen touma's arm?
Old 2014-04-28, 07:00   Link #87
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

So Dolly and Full Tuning are two different people and the first Sister clones?
Well that was a revelation i didn't expect.
Old 2014-04-28, 09:30   Link #88
LG-MAX

Quote:
Given that they now go to a "certain institute" (about which Misaki didn't knew before examining Gensei), I can suppose they will soon meet the LU hostages.
??????????????????????????????????????????
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 10:08   Link #89
zaeraal

^Gensei has his level Upper hostages somewhere in one of his institutes.
Dolly's sister is also in one of them, given that Misaki got that information from Gensei's brain.

What I said is that it is possible that they are in the very same institute and they are going to meet.
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 18:05   Link #90
Death Usagi
Banned

I wonder if the next future railgun arc will cover about Full-Tuning or if she will just be left out for a long time...
Death Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 18:08   Link #91
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Maybe will appear with some use in Index. But I hope she has some more appearances before that. God knows how long that might take.
Old 2014-04-28, 18:50   Link #92
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Maybe will appear with some use in Index. But I hope she has some more appearances before that. God knows how long that might take.
Considering this is "Railgun", and Full-Tuning being Mikoto's clone, I think it is more appropriate that she is covered in this manga than the novel. More like it doesn't seem like the novel is in the situation to even cover it in the first place...
Old 2014-04-28, 19:03   Link #93
Birdway
Banned

However, Index series has the clones appearing more often.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 19:07   Link #94
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by zaeraal View Post
Finally got to read the chapter.

It seems Shirai is out of question, as in mind-controlled by Misaki (it was indirectly stated).
Mitori had some sad past, but that was already expected.
The fact that she learned about Parameter List on a whim was a bit too much.. that should have been top classified information.
Given that they now go to a "certain institute" (about which Misaki didn't knew before examining Gensei), I can suppose they will soon meet the LU hostages.
Also Dolly was prototype for Sisters, therefore her first clone is most likely Full Tuning.

Anyway, it were nice 28 pages.
Now I wonder for how many chapters will the act last.
Ah I just read that she skipped the info on the parameter list... still haven't read it lol... trollololololol.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 19:34   Link #95
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Usagi View Post
Considering this is "Railgun", and Full-Tuning being Mikoto's clone, I think it is more appropriate that she is covered in this manga than the novel. More like it doesn't seem like the novel is in the situation to even cover it in the first place...
Yeah, but main series is main series. She will likely have an introduction (I hope it's more than this since she is important here), but she should eventually have a debut in Index and have some prominence. Shouldn't stay exclusive to one series given the situation revolving around the Sisters and that annoys me when series do that, lol. Like Will and most of the other clones. That's why I said "God knows how long that would take" since it can take a while for things to appear long mentioned before.
Old 2014-04-28, 19:58   Link #96
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Yeah, but main series is main series. She will likely have an introduction (I hope it's more than this since she is important here), but she should eventually have a debut in Index and have some prominence. Shouldn't stay exclusive to one series given the situation revolving around the Sisters and that annoys me when series do that, lol. Like Will and most of the other clones. That's why I said "God knows how long that would take" since it can take a while for things to appear long mentioned before.
Just that... unless the whole Othinus arc ends, I don't think the main novel can get a fresh start with a whole new arc that's not really linked to the previous stories... Because NT has always been about GREMLIN lately... @_@

And considering Misaki mentioned she is looking for the "other sister" that has Dolly's memories and experiences, I think Railgun will move onto that side of the story. But who knows if that's really Full-Tuning...
Old 2014-04-28, 20:05   Link #97
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Yeah. Given some of the appearances in Index... It can take 10~20 volumes for something to appear after brief mention. Though I guess this is rearing off-topic.

I hope it's full-tuning though.
Old 2014-04-28, 20:24   Link #98
Death Usagi
Banned

Quote:
Yeah. Given some of the appearances in Index... It can take 10~20 volumes for something to appear after brief mention. Probably after GREMLIN... I hope. Though I guess this is rearing off-topic.

I hope it's full-tuning though. She completely disappeared since SS2 mention.
So from this chapter, is it correct to think the correct order of production was:

Dolly => Dolly's Sister (Full-Tuning?) => The Sister Clones?
Old 2014-04-28, 20:39   Link #99
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

I think so. Would be Dolly -> Dolly Sister -> Sister -> Will's birth(?)

Last Order would be wiggled into Sister's, right?
Old 2014-04-28, 22:40   Link #100
Death Usagi
Banned

Actually I wonder if the Will had started to exist since Dolly was born or if it was after the whole Misaka Network was born.