AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2017-02-15, 04:54   Link #181
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That's the usual point of mobage gacha roster. Don't expect a complete renewal of the gacha every time: not only it is unpractical on the long run, but it would not make much sense for the company to do that and people who came late would have to wait a complete cycle to roll for heroes they missed.
Yeah, I don't think having only 4 new characters, all set at the highest level rarity, is a big motivator either. It would at least make sense to add some characters for the other rarities, if they want others (not including the rich "serious" players) to gacha. On top of that, you have 1 fake character among the 4.
As for missing, if a player cares so much for a character that they would miss the hero, they would have already started the game.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 05:01   Link #182
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Generally speaking, Mobage only include 1-2 characters per rotation, 4 is actually quite higher than usual.
Also, let's face it: most people don't really care about lower rarity characters, and even with the promotion system, it takes so much time to grind one to max rarity that just bringing more of them isn't going to be any good.

And no, my comment was about the game lifespan as in long term perspective. There is no benefit from removing a previously featured character as not only future potential customers might not be interested if they didn't start early (anything range from not knowing about the game at that point of time to no time whatsoever), but it would require a much higher workload on character art and game designs.

In term of gacha, FEH is arguably not behind compared to other games by a long shot.
Old 2017-02-15, 05:13   Link #183
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

...? I'm not exactly sure who was arguing the quality of the game compared to other gacha (and saying A is not worse than B isn't a kind defense), but yeah, I'm expecting that effort. Or at least, I expected that effort. Apparently, they can't even get a scenario writer who played the original game, so I'll change that expectation from now on. And yes, I'm not blind to miss the fact that they couldn't put in the effort to give the new characters cut-ins.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2017-02-15, 05:25   Link #184
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

The thing is that your expectations are completely on the left field. I mention other mobage because they are the proper benchmark that FEH is based on.
I'm not even defending that business model: I merely mention how it works and how it wouldn't make sense to put even more characters, especially that early in the game. You shouldn't really expect FEH to work differently when it comes to Gacha roster, for the reasons already mentioned.

And to be really honest, I don't see anything "that weird" with the gaiden chapter.
Old 2017-02-15, 08:32   Link #185
IceHism

I am kind of underwhelmed by these 4 new additions. Julia is another dragonslayer. Ephraim has his -12 armor gimmick which will probably allow him to one shot any non-axe wielder due to his insanely high strength and eirika has her providing speed and strength every turn which seems good if you have a nino I think. Seliph I have no idea. Anyways, just seems like these units are kind of supportive since they seem kind of squishy and don't feel as explosive as like a Hector, Lucina, or takumi.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 10:03   Link #186
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Julia is actually interesting as she is the only dragonslayer ranged unit, so she can deal with Nowi and Corrin in a muc safer way.

Note that "Seal X" don't stack with "Treathen X" (in fact, unit can only gains 1 buff and 1 aura. Same go for debuffs)
Old 2017-02-15, 10:29   Link #187
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

Think it's worth aiming for Julia specifically? I do have 2 reds already, although one of them is Marth. Orbs might be another issue (24) although there's still a lot of story left to do.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 10:55   Link #188
GDB

Quote:
Julia is actually interesting as she is the only dragonslayer ranged unit, so she can deal with Nowi and Corrin in a muc safer way.
Nowi not so much, since Nowi can counter regardless of range.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 11:07   Link #189
IceHism

Quote:

Note that "Seal X" don't stack with "Treathen X" (in fact, unit can only gains 1 buff and 1 aura. Same go for debuffs)
Wow they don't stack? So basically he has a good chance of being not as good as sharena or Effie. Rip.

I think she is ok. Hector, Camila, and even nino(if you have lots of buffs) seem a lot better though since you can't really scout teams in arena before you fight them. I think a falchion user slays dragons a lot better in most cases as well even if nowi and corrin are blue. I think I see her more as a Robin counter with just the side benefit that she can destroy tiki, and nowi. She is also just really squishy and I see her getting owned by anyone with mobility.
Old 2017-02-15, 11:08   Link #190
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Nowi not so much, since Nowi can counter regardless of range.
The point isn't about the counter, but rather the fact Julia will be in a safer spots against red units, because of her range, so you can fit another unit between her and the target so enemy units will less likely to hit her after she is done attacking.
Hell, being 1 tile away is safer than the usual Falchion trio who can be picked out by other range units. This is especially true in Arena with Robin being rampant, whereas very few people use Tharja or Lilina.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
Wow they don't stack? So basically he has a good chance of being not as good as sharena or Effie. Rip.
He clearly isn't. He sounds like a lance version of Hector with less bulk and no distant counter but 2 tile move range.

Quote:
I think she is ok. Hector, Camila, and even nino(if you have lots of buffs) seem a lot better though since you can't really scout teams in arena before you fight them. I think a falchion user slays dragons a lot better in most cases as well even if nowi and corrin are blue. I think I see her more as a Robin counter with just the side benefit that she can destroy tiki, and nowi. She is also just really squishy and I see her getting owned by anyone with mobility.
Julia is pretty fine because unlike Camilla, she deal magic damage (and there aren't really a lot of blue units with tons of res) and has very decent res bulk (stats + skills).
She isn't as insane as Nino under buffs, but she can fit a niche without being a liability.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2017-02-15 at 11:35.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 12:20   Link #191
IceHism

I don't really feel like there are too many blue tanks to really worry about though. Most likely she'll just go and destroy a Robin or linde if we are going by meta but she can't really kill any red swords of which this game is literally full of. Maybe if more people ran tiki and nowi she will have a bigger place. Linde and Robin are the more common blues you will face I think with maybe some sharena, Effie, or catria sometimes. Also one or two shot by kagerou so that's not good either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisdrache View Post
Think it's worth aiming for Julia specifically? I do have 2 reds already, although one of them is Marth. Orbs might be another issue (24) although there's still a lot of story left to do.
If you don't have a Linde, or Robin counter, then maybe. Or really just any good green unit lol. Marth is pretty good with spur speed and escape route. It's generally really bad to just aim for a specific character though so I would save stones for the next focus if it's good. With Ephraim and that FE4 sword guy being meh and eirika(even then, competing with falchion is a tossup) only being good in certain comps, I would just wait. There is nothing game breaking here.
Old 2017-02-15, 12:33   Link #192
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

It wouldn't be just Julia, I have no good green at all on my team. Julia might be the highest prize but any non-melee green would work, even with the current abundance of reds.
Eisdrache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 12:35   Link #193
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Effie is extremely annoying to deal with, moreso that a +def effie can withstand Camilla attack and deal massive damage despite the weapon disadvantage.

As for Julia, she is there to tear apart Robin, Linde who are both critical in that meta, along with pretty decent damage against anything that isn't red. Also, it isn't like you need her to destroy red units when there are already tools for that such as Robin or even any colorless among Takumi, Jeorge or Kagerou.

Speaking of Kagerou, it isn't like any Infantry unit can deal with her properly, even Robin, so that shouldn't even be a flaw for her.

And if we have to talk about PVE, she is actually a boon because she is the only decent green magic attacker for now (Fae isn't exactly great to begin with) as Camilla just can't do shit against blue knights (or even green knights) past lvl35. Nino is only good if you took time to promote her all the way to 5* and have a proper buff team (literally babysitting her like in FE7).

Last edited by Klashikari; 2017-02-16 at 01:02.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 12:42   Link #194
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
With Ephraim and that FE4 sword guy being meh and eirika(even then, competing with falchion is a tossup) only being good in certain comps, I would just wait. There is nothing game breaking here.
Or, if you are like me, roll for your favourite chars. Tiers be damned.

Although I have the excuse of "I have the perfect units for PvP fights, so tiering is already a lost cause".

Either way, PvEs and some maps, like Narcian's map, would need more correct positioning of coloured units rather than going ham with Takumi/Ryoma/Hector/Aqua bulldozer team. The game is still in its early stage, so I expect the system and some of the units may get rebalanced (read: Buffed, hopefully) to level the game a bit.

As a matter of fact, we all know that if you rolled a -speed units, you probably want to cry in heart despite that being a 5* lol.

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 12:44   Link #195
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

I wouldn't say you have the perfect comp considering Marth is pretty bland
Old 2017-02-15, 12:50   Link #196
Natsuki Hyuga
(☞゚∀゚)☞ロンパアアアア!! 

Send a message via MSN to Natsuki Hyuga
Quote:
I wouldn't say you have the perfect comp considering Marth is pretty bland
A-At least he can protect Hector from Tiki and Lynn (with Robin's help when needed cough) just because of Falchion!

Please gib him buff, IS... orz

Natsuki Hyuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-15, 16:49   Link #197
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
And to be really honest, I don't see anything "that weird" with the gaiden chapter.
When practically no one can defend Ephraim's impersonator in the gaiden chapter, you know there is a problem. Oh I don't know, maybe search エフラム on Twitter will give you an idea.
I mean, they already went too far when they made Cecilia (Fuuin no Ken) talk about her age and crap, which is a fan-based joke unrelated to her actual age setting, but that's because she is a minor character. When you don't play the game and just take random information on the web to make a character that isn't one-dimensioned and easy to recreate like recent characters, you kinda accidentally reveal you know nothing about what you are doing. And the protagonist too! Not just a sub-character. You referring to the script writer, of course.

Oh, and Wada Sachiko has something to say... about "something". Now then, I wonder what that could be, eh?
https://twitter.com/wadadot_Lv/statu...17610429816832

Last edited by serenade_beta; 2017-02-15 at 17:17.
Old 2017-02-15, 16:54   Link #198
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
........*sigh*
Yeah, I can't exactly waste orbs on 3%... or less than that, considering if I just want one of them. Anyways, color me surprised that pretty much nothing on the list changed. And the daily heroes is the same too.
.......................Yeah...

*does new scenario*
*Ephraim*
Spoiler for ...:
Yeah I was laughing my ads off at Ephraim's rant. Doesn't help his case much when:
1) His dialogues with Eirika in this still sounds more like an over protective husband than of a overprotective brother. And way too defensive about it.
2) Their final tier weapon are still Sieglinde and Siegmunde - names based on. A pair of incestuous lover.
3) they're in the same gacha batch as Seliph and Julia, another Fire Emblem pair with heavy incest subtext.
4) The day of their gacha? February 14th, aka Valentine's Day aka Lovers day.

That entire rant was gold
Old 2017-02-15, 17:21   Link #199
IceHism

I'm really liking the wincest angle with these pairings.
Old 2017-02-15, 17:22   Link #200
Tenzen12

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
When practically no one can defend Ephraim's impersonator in the gaiden chapter, you know there is a problem. Oh I don't know, maybe search エフラム on Twitter will give you an idea.
I mean, they already went too far when they made Cecilia (Fuuin no Ken) talk about her age and crap, which is a fan-based joke unrelated to her actual age setting, but that's because she is a minor character. When you don't play the game and just take random information on the web to make a character that isn't one-dimensioned and easy to recreate like recent characters, you kinda accidentally reveal you know nothing about what you are doing. And the protagonist too! Not just a sub-character. You referring to the script writer, of course.

Oh, and Wada Sachiko has something to say... about "something". Now then, I wonder what that could be, eh?
https://twitter.com/wadadot_Lv/statu...17610429816832
Cecilia hardly count as Minor character, she is teacher (and potential wife) of Roy, the protagonist. One of leaders of only country that can actually oppose Bern and also reason why it did. Not to mention she saved everyone's ass in Ostia...

Tags
fire emblem, mobile game, nintendo, turn-based strategy