Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-01-31, 15:13   Link #61
sperry

Send a message via AIM to sperry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugetsu
Why most people who speak english as a first language and specially from the US hates DBZ this anime so much while I hear almost all the time from everyone from South America that DBZ is great? I said it many times DBZ in the US and Canada (I gues) has been totally modified, it is the same with Saint Seiya now. If you want to watch the good thing watch it in spanish or in japanese. That's all.
-_-;;
Even if it is edited differently in the US, the plot is still basically the same. It still takes them 30 episodes to scream and get stronger, the fights still last longer than most other anime series, and Goku still dies and then comes back to life through a loophole in the plot. Maybe there are slight changes, but I'm sure I'd still find it a waste of time in any language.

Last edited by sperry; 2004-02-01 at 09:02.
Old 2004-02-01, 05:55   Link #62
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperry
Even if it is edited differently in the US, the plot is still basically the same. It still takes them 30 episodes to scream and get stronger, the fights still last longer than most other anime series, and Goku still dies and then comes back to life through a loophole in the plot. Maybe there are slgiht changes, but I'm sure I'd still find it a waste of time in any language.

Hehe, I think he has chosen to cower before the might that is hatred for DBZ... ohwell.... I agree about your post obviously. Why isn;t there a forum for ppl to talk badly about DBZ? there should be... I will look into this
Old 2004-02-01, 09:05   Link #63
sperry

Send a message via AIM to sperry
As much as I'd love that, I think it would get boring pretty fast. What we need is just a DBZ-hatred Sticky in one of the forums.
Old 2004-02-01, 12:59   Link #64
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodeWordChobits
I thought the same thing about you at first due to your utter lack of language skills, but then you covered that by saying you speak spanish as your first language

??????????? Where is my utter lack knowledge in language ????
I bet I have much better english than you. I can prove it...

PS: By the way if you can find that "utter lack of language skills" I would be glad to know so that I can crush you with my language skills later on (But I doubt it)

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2004-02-01 at 13:17.
Old 2004-02-01, 13:57   Link #65
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Well normally I don't do this but, you asked me to point out your spelling errors. Just look at the first line of your post.

Quote:
Where is my utter lack of knowledge in language ?
You're wasting punctuation and you're lacking the word "of." Next time remember to add it so your sentance makes sense and I don't kill myself laughing.

I'm sorry if you found that offensive. I'm trying as hard as possible not to be offensive! (maybe I'll get some more precious -rep)
Old 2004-02-01, 14:14   Link #66
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Well normally I don't do this but, you asked me to point out your spelling errors. Just look at the first line of your post.

You're wasting punctuation and you're lacking the word "of." Next time remember to add it so your sentance makes sense and I don't kill myself laughing.

I'm sorry if you found that offensive. I'm trying as hard as possible not to be offensive! (maybe I'll get some more precious -rep)
hahaha that's becuase I type fast... everyone has that problem... But show me something more relevant.
Old 2004-02-01, 14:15   Link #67
Wilcon

Send a message via ICQ to Wilcon Send a message via MSN to Wilcon
1. Berserk - The best anime i´ve watched
2. Love Hina(include specials and love hina again)
3. Onegai Teacher
4. Naruto(at least as long as to episode 60 or something... after that i felt it lost much of its charm)
5. Ah! My Goddess - yep, i know, its darn short, but also darn good

That would be my list
Although i have only seen about 15 series, started in November :/
I guess what many of u thinking..."no mecha?!", well i havent seen any... i dont feel so enticed to it...although it will come, someday.
Old 2004-02-01, 14:27   Link #68
JAppi
Banned

Send a message via AIM to JAppi Send a message via MSN to JAppi Send a message via Yahoo to JAppi
Quote:
hahaha that's becuase I type fast... everyone has that problem... But show me something more relevant.
Okay how about your sig?

Quote:
I have fought so many battles and been all alone throughout my life yet, I don't live in sorrow. But, in the end of your life don't you ever say that you are happy about it because you will reget it all.
Plus it's also a run on sentance.
Old 2004-02-01, 14:51   Link #69
Sugetsu
Kurumada's lost child

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAppi
Okay how about your sig?

Plus it's also a run on sentance.
lol I didn't noticed that (I wrote it like 1 year ago when I was still learning english -_-; ... I should be more careful next time... But now many of my articles have been published in the college's news paper and I am the best student in my english class which is surrounded by "gringos"

And how comes that it is a run on sentence?

PS, don't worry I love the english language. I want to be the best at it... you can freely correct my errors. But still, I don't see any important errors that make me english look bad.

Edited: Mr. Codewordchobbits, refering to your post below (since my last post was deleted), let me tell you that your points are weak, as I said before, my signature was written one year ago when I was still learning English. I'm pretty sure that I write better than you do. Therefore, if you wish, pm me and I show the prove, so that in the next oportunity you won't start making stupid assumptions.

Case closed.

Last edited by Sugetsu; 2004-02-03 at 02:01.
Old 2004-02-01, 21:41   Link #70
CodeWordChobits
Person just for her

Quote:
lol I didn't noticed that (I wrote it like 1 year ago when I was still learning english -_-; ... I should be more careful next time... But now many of my articles have been published in the college's news paper and I am the best student in my english class which is surrounded by "gringos"

And how comes that it is a run on sentence?

PS, don't worry I love the english language. I want to be the best at it... you can freely correct my errors. But still, I don't see any important errors that make me english look bad.

I said, no foul there because english is not your first language.... I would just like to cover that. Then, as has been brought to your attention many times now, you seem to substitute words for others(live-life, me-my), and even just flat out forget some words. You can't tell me that all your mistakes are typos... there are just too many of them and they repeat themselves. I'm sorry you do speak english fairly well, but it would seem that without the trusty old spell and grammer checker you are found lacking. "And quite frankly I don't like the cut of your jib!" No offense but you need to read over your posts before you actually put them up for others to laugh at.
Old 2004-02-02, 07:06   Link #71
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

/me brings back the thread on-topic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
If the world was going to blow up tomorrow, and you had to choose the only five anime series that would survive Armageddon, which would you pick?
Old 2004-02-02, 07:30   Link #72
Amy
Fantasy...

Send a message via MSN to Amy
hmm... five anime series... in no particular order:

- Love Hina (+ specials and Love Hina Again)
- Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
- Inu yasha
- Maburaho
- Fullmetal Alchemist

^^
Old 2004-02-02, 16:05   Link #73
Prince of Chronics
One Piece fan

- ONE PIECE
- GUNGRAVE
- Fullmetal Alchemist
- Trigun
- Cowboy Bebop

Old 2004-02-03, 02:40   Link #74
kaevne

Quote:
Stellavila of universe is just horrible! I watched all the episodies and nothing interesting happened at the end, it was a big disappointment. The problem is that that series wastes too much time on pointless character develpment leaving the story aside. I hate shipon! she was almost the only one being shown all the time, and her problems were always so stupid, such as lack of self confidence or a bad relation with her best friend... But what for? ah? the only good episodie was the time when the explotion of the supernova came. But besides that everything turned out to be repetitive and meaningless. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME! IF A HAD A SHOOT GUN WITH ME I WOULD SHOOT THAT @#$@# SHIPOM IN THE HEAD!

IT WAS REALLY A HORRIBLE SERIES!

I agree, the best part about stellvia was the opening

my list:
Love Hina
Kare Kano
Full Metal Panic
Kiddy Grade
RahXephon
Old 2004-02-03, 17:08   Link #75
xxziggybitsxx

Send a message via AIM to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via MSN to xxziggybitsxx Send a message via Yahoo to xxziggybitsxx
Ohh hands down....

1:Naruto
2:Hunter X Hunter
3:LOVE HINA....
4:hikaro no go
5BZ

if u havent seen any of these.. i sugest u DO SO
Old 2004-02-03, 23:22   Link #76
Oneesama
本當に愛してるなら, "鰻食べる?”ってきかないで

The Five Will Live! ~~ been reading too much harry potter >_<

--Initial D
--Kenshin
--Fullmoon
--FM Alchemist
--Detective Acadamy Q
Old 2004-02-04, 00:19   Link #77
diabolistic
pythagorean≠python gorax

-Konjiki No Gash Bell!-
-Captain Tsubasa- <--makes me feel like a kid again ^^
-Niea_7-
-Cats Eye- <-- the ending song/animation makes it all worth it
-Fruits Basket-

<Pabs> kcl, you sure do put out a lot of Naruto eps
Old 2004-02-04, 10:18   Link #78
rentabigdog

my top five

number one isn't even a series but its good enough to watch again and again..number two fushigi yuugi is one of the series that got me started..nice characters..good storyline..number three is the guilty pleasure anime..witch hunter robin..don't care what anyone says I really liked that one...number four one piece..number five evangelion..what can i say its a classic so to recap..
1.perfect blue
2.fushigi yuugi
3.witch hunter robin
4.onepiece
5.evangelion

oh yeah bu
Old 2004-02-04, 15:23   Link #79
eMpTy265
<unranked>

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashibaka
If the world was going to blow up tomorrow, and you had to choose the only five anime series that would survive Armageddon, which would you pick?

Well..

For the general good of the anime community, and the future of anime:

#1.) Neon Genesis Evangelion: Nothing like a philosophical classic to bring anime writers a taste of heaven (or hell).

#2.) FMP / FMPF: To show that serious mecha action can be mixed with smart comedy

#3.) Doraemon: First reason: 1000+ episodes, enough for any anime-addict to watch while humankind rebuilds the anime community

#4.) Gundam SeeD: Since only 1 Gundam series could be saved, save the one that includes elements from all the other series. (A comprimise, yes, but at least Gundam survives)

#5.) HNG: NEVER, i repeat, NEVER can we let the game of GO disappear.
(Heh... and who know... maybe we'll get some people addicted to a more though-invoking hobby..
[Not that anime's not though-invoking... but GO has to stay, since chess, checkers and playing cards all disappeared.])

Now... what would I choose:

I'd choose the same #1-#3.. and:

#4.) CCS: Nothing like tooth-aching sweetness... even if it is really childish... so what? Life is depressing enough as is...

#5.) KGNE: Nope, still haven't gotten over the series... also, it serves as a constant reminder to how communication is important. Plus how screwed relationships can end up. =P

(Come to think of it... why the heck am I still posting.. I've got a ton of midterms >_<

*Calls AAA* =P)
Old 2004-02-07, 01:22   Link #80
MrMonkey
Meeeeeeee!!

1. Azumanga Daioh
2. Full Metal Panic & Fumoffu (I'm including them as one entity)
3. Berserk (really just a reason to choose the manga as well)
4. Full Metal Alchemist (I'm enjoying this at the moment)
5. Happy Lesson & Advance (An average-fare anime that I really enjoyed for some strange reason)

Well I'm fairly set on the first 3, but #4 and #5 would probably change every week since my opinion changes so often. I would've picked Tsukihime, but it was too short IMO, I would have loved more eps.
Closed Thread