AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-01-08, 05:14   Link #1041
Miles Teg

I have uploaded all the illustration for MMD who have been published so far

http://perso.orange.fr/gernsback/mmd/

I haven't be able to find the four illustration for Part 2, if someone as the missing one or better quality of the others I would put them on my website ASAP

Last edited by Miles Teg; 2007-01-11 at 04:34.
Miles Teg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 06:44   Link #1042
blackflash
Cookie Monster

Send a message via MSN to blackflash
I reckon Sousuke will have to leave Kaname at school by herself as her friends will not forgive him so easily, He will then carry on fighting amalgam by himself (1 man team).

After awhile Kaname will get a hold of Tessa and get her to find Sousuke so she can find him and give him a fan to the back of the head, and forcibly make him return to her side at school (by then his classmates should have somewhat forgiven him, maybe)
Old 2007-01-08, 08:53   Link #1043
Hussar67
Old school NES

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackflash View Post
I reckon Sousuke will have to leave Kaname at school by herself as her friends will not forgive him so easily, He will then carry on fighting amalgam by himself (1 man team).

After awhile Kaname will get a hold of Tessa and get her to find Sousuke so she can find him and give him a fan to the back of the head, and forcibly make him return to her side at school (by then his classmates should have somewhat forgiven him, maybe)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jehuty77 View Post
I'm gonna have to say this sounds pretty much dead on. Jindai in all likely hood doesnt want Sousuke back. Its unfair for the kids to blame Sousuke for what happened because thats naieve, but thats what kids are sometimes. They associate him with all the bad thats happened. Hard to draw the line sometimes because he had caused alot of other havoc in the passed they seemed to forgive but this time Kyouko got hurt and thats serious.

Sousuke might take her home and then leave. Its hard to say whether Kaname is ready to give up Kyouko and who ever else shes friends with to be with Sousuke.

One possibility is him taking Kaname back home and leaving but then everyone sees how depressed Kaname is so they agree to forgive him. But this is jsut speculation which is all we can do at this point.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota
Okay, a few of you have come close to saying it, and only one really has: Sousuke is not wanted back at Jindai. The students want Kaname back. They want their peaceful lives back. They now associate Sousuke with Kyouko's near-fatal injuries.

And I think Sousuke respects their decision. Kaname and perhaps Kyouko herself (if she feels especially forgiving, or cares enough about Kaname to want her to be happy) are the only two people that come to mind that will want Sousuke to stay. I think Sousuke has already made up his mind. It's going to take a lot to change it.
Yeah, this will be a definite issue by the end of the FMP saga. I'm pretty sure it will go one of two ways: 1) Gatou will make the return to Jindai a quick ending where Sousuke and Kaname (or just Kaname) will return and that will be the happy ending -- little drama, uncomplicated resolution; or 2) the drama is milked and the issues of Sousuke's guilt and the students' potentially lingering animosity take-up a major portion of the final act.

What I really hope happens is that Kaname (now that she's getting back to her own self) comes down hard on Sousuke if he shows retiscience in returning to Jindai. I hope that just as he's made the vow to return her to Jindai, Kaname makes a parallel vow to him that she's taking him back with her. (I especially want this after re-watching that entire Ep. 6 clip I posted on the last page -- that was a Kaname who wasn't going to take "no" from her man.) I want to see Kaname "save" and "protect" Sousuke in her own way: by keeping him in the civilian world. Just think of what a tender scene it would make if Sousuke and Kaname go back to the school, both extremely nervous, and go to their class's room. Kaname would shyly go in and Sousuke would stay outside. He would then start to head home, feeling that he was no longer welcome, but Kaname would catch his hand and softly pull him back into the classroom (making the point that she wants him there and he belongs there).

Also, the Jindai students--and especially their class--may actually be missing Sousuke. Despite everything that's happened, they still thought of Sousuke as their friend and their initial anger may have dissipated with his long absence. And, frankly, Jindai may have become really boring without a certain mercenary's regular disruptions . It could also be that in hindsight many of the students could see that Sousuke saved their lives on many occasions -- what do you think Ono-D and the others will think once Kyouko tells them how he saved her life? It can go quickly positive with the Jindai reunion, transitionally positive, or negative depending on how Gatou wants it to happen.

Last edited by Hussar67; 2007-01-08 at 09:45.
Hussar67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 13:14   Link #1044
An-Chan

hey, i really like your assumptions. I agree with you that the students will have to notice that sousuke saved their lifes many times. it would be great if it ended like that!

i've got a question: (dunno if the novels revealed that)
is there any reason why kalinin works for amalgam? I always thought he fought for Sousuke and he seemed to me like his "dad" in some way. maybe i'm just distracted by his "grandpa" looks, but isn't there any way that kalinin will help sousuke after all?
An-Chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 15:33   Link #1045
Cairnhawk
Weilder of Pens

Don't forget that Sousuke went back to school after the fight in Tokyo and Kaname's kidnapping in order to direct the blame for the hostage situation at himself, because he couldn't bear the thought of all that animosity and anger directed at her.

He said very clearly that it was all his fault, and not to blame her, and to welcome her back when he returns her to school.

Regardless whether they both return or just Kaname returns (because I believe Sousuke will keep his promise, even if she only returns for a day to say 'I'm all right') she's missed months of school. Not that this matters to Kaname, what with her mile-a-minute-mind, but Mithril no longer has the money and influence to get her back into the high school easily, and she'd have a hard time explaining her absence on a college application. I get the feeling that some of these 'real life' concerns will be left undealt-with by the end of the novel, but I'm a big detail person and things like that catch my notice and keep me awake at night.
Cairnhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-08, 17:11   Link #1046
masterwok

Quote:
I'm gonna have to say this sounds pretty much dead on. Jindai in all likely hood doesnt want Sousuke back. Its unfair for the kids to blame Sousuke for what happened because thats naieve, but thats what kids are sometimes. They associate him with all the bad thats happened. Hard to draw the line sometimes because he had caused alot of other havoc in the passed they seemed to forgive but this time Kyouko got hurt and thats serious.

Sousuke might take her home and then leave. Its hard to say whether Kaname is ready to give up Kyouko and who ever else shes friends with to be with Sousuke.

One possibility is him taking Kaname back home and leaving but then everyone sees how depressed Kaname is so they agree to forgive him. But this is jsut speculation which is all we can do at this point.

It would be a real shame if this series ended like alot of anime series, where the love plot is not resolved at all. And the hero just leaves the girl to live her life without him.

I really do hope somehow everything works out.

On a totally unrelated note I'm also waiting for the new TSR disc, cant wait.

well its not really sousuke's fault but chidori's fault. sousuke is just there to protect her from being kidnapped. he is there so that that can harm her to get her whisper powers which amalgam is after. so the classmates should not get rid of sousuke bc he is making the school safer with the help of mithril.

Last edited by masterwok; 2007-01-08 at 17:24.
masterwok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 20:45   Link #1047
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masanori Ota View Post
Seriously, if I had to explain Sousuke's kickassery in the ARX-8, I'd have to credit Kaname. She's probably the biggest reason why Sousuke can use the LD so effectively. Without her as his ultimate goal, yeah, Sousuke would have a much harder time of everything in his new, shiny mech.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sx3 View Post
Well after reading that laevatien can destroy cordals with its bare hands im guessin sousuke has managed to do what gauron does so that'd be so cool to see him wiht that style of fighting lol. so the Cordal-I is the one that Gauron uses inside the TDD ship and Gates is the M, The i's are the ones that follow Gate and are coloured bluish grey right? i remember the Cordal-i in TSR that has this GIANT blade, it looked so badass but it got owned so fast.
Gauron, originally, could destroy M9s with a single blast. You could see that in the original FMP, destroying Kurz's machine with a thought. So, now, Sosuke, who is now more in touch with himself because his Chidori, his source of focus, is in danger, can do it...does it really seem odd now? People accepted Gauron doing it. Can't Sosuke dear do it, too?? And now he is P***ED off, and has a lot more to lose right now than ever before. Pushed to the edge, he'll risk everything for her. That is the source and prove of his love.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster View Post
Do u know what a donkey punch is !?!? lol
and btw IT HAS TO BE A KISS (with a hug), it wouldnt be realistic without one
Kiss? That'd be great...However, I think there will be a passionate clasping of hands, a meaningful look, a smile, and an understanding.

Quote:
There is an unresolved love between the two which the author exploits to keep readers interested (any smart writer would). Lets hope we all get that happy ending before the series comes to an end, so no one has to say "What if".
A common writer's concept. I just hope hope hope hope that (and hope more!) that we don't have a Ranma 1/2 ending.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missilebuster View Post
sousuke said that he would return chidori to jindai highschool, so i believe that he will bring here there and then try to leave her there, saying something about how he is too dangerous to be around them, and she was happy with them anyway. Then Chidori will probly stop him from leaving or something and he'll continue to protect them or something along those lines.
If Chidori can defend him and bring him back into the class and protect him, that will be a massive favor returned.

And I can see Sosuke defending Chidori by keeping her AWAY from the military. That is a deep thought, great observation. That would be the best thing that Sosuke could do.
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 21:11   Link #1048
Missilebuster
gg, uninstall

ah it would be the best thing for him to do, but chidori will stop him all spiderman2-esque, with the ol' i dont want to be safe I want to be with you, or i'll take my chances.

Also, must be kiss, Chidori said after their little fight over bombs or something (she gets bitchy when she uses those damned whisper powers) that if it were a dime novel they would kiss at that moment. She also said though that they were both the best at never doing anything. I think that Sousuke will confess his feelings and kiss her, as he has changed (I'm pretty sure Chidori has as well), and now thinks for himself and acts on what he wants/needs.
Maybe he'll say something like I dont care if its out of a paperback novel, then proceed to suck face.
They both love eachother and they know it so why not kiss (is them not loving eachother even arguable anymore?), it'll make a very nice conclusion to what I'm sure is one of the best books I'll ever read. -Then the next book can be all Fumoffu for like 34 1/2 chapters.

"I'm not going there to die. I'm going to find out if I'm really alive."
~Spike Spiegel
Missilebuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 21:43   Link #1049
S@tiro

Hi , does anyone know were can I get the novel Full Metal Panic: Burning One Man Force?, is the continuation of COMO, at least the first chapter, I think there are some fansubs were is being translated already
S@tiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 22:10   Link #1050
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
As far as I know, Brandi is the only one doing it atm, and she hasn't put out the first chapter yet b/c she has better things to do :X

You'll just have to be patient like everyone else and live off of HunterSeeker's spoilers XD
PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 01:37   Link #1051
jimbo98765

stop with the kisses!!!!!!! if it comes, it comes. if you cant wait, the kiss the screen
jimbo98765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 07:57   Link #1052
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Finished reading MMD10.
One sentence here: HOLY SHIT. Read on to see why.

Spoiler for OMFGWTF ABSOLUTELY NUTS AND UNREALISTIC spoilers for MMD10:

Next round is the last one. Expect some reunion and some more determinations! Bring them on!
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 09:58   Link #1053
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Finished reading MMD10.
One sentence here: HOLY SHIT. Read on to see why.

Spoiler for OMFGWTF ABSOLUTELY NUTS AND UNREALISTIC spoilers for MMD10:

Next round is the last one. Expect some reunion and some more determinations! Bring them on!
Shoot herself? wa? lol I know Kalinin can easily suppress her but shooting herself? 0.o
Old 2007-01-10, 10:03   Link #1054
HunterSeeker
The Spirit of Steel

Location: HKSAR, PRC, Asia, The Earth, The Milky Way Galaxy, The Universe.
Send a message via MSN to HunterSeeker
Heh, poor choice of words.
Spoiler:
HunterSeeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 10:33   Link #1055
Generalgm
Eager Young Space Cadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by HunterSeeker View Post
Heh, poor choice of words.
Spoiler:
LOL I was gonna say. I don't think she'd be able to do that anyway. Then again Kalinin cannot afford for Kaname to be hurt because they still got to use her abilities...I think?
Predictions (and they are just predictions): there will be one more novel chapter, Sousuke will get prepared for the final encounter with Amalgam and to rescue Chidori. Mao and the others might get new AS's in order to stand up to the newly designed generation of AS's.
Im thinking if Leonard and Sousuke go at it, from the descriptions of ARX-8's destruction, Sousuke will win by far, unless we have not seen the true capabilities of the Variant. Then again when getting a new AS in anime, you tend not to lose in it, if going the way of Gundam, which it seems to be doing.
In determining rescuing Chidori, it seems hard to predict (and what everyone wants to know) I'm thinking if Kalinin is really working for Amalgam or is head honcho behind it, then I think it will be a 1-on-1 gunfight/CQC, Sousuke vs. Kalinin and henchmen or something more complicated than that.
The only thing I find about (CURRENT) Gundam shows is that when the problems are resolved and the guy gets the girl, there tend to be unresolved issues. Hopefully Gatoh will go the way of Wing Gundam, in which the war was fought, issues resolved, minor character aftermaths, and in terms of Sousuke's situation, become accustomed to normal life and be with Chidori.
All I can say is DO NOT GO THE WAY OF THE CURRENT GUNDAM SERIES.
K?
lol
Old 2007-01-10, 11:14   Link #1056
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

We don't know if the ARX-8 could actually defeat the Varial so easily, as when it destroyed the Arbalest it was using mostly it's bare hands (with the exception of one weapon attack). Leonard is also most likely a LD expert so it wouldn't surprise me that in his fight with Sousuke, the first one to break through the others shield will win. Finally, flying is most certainly an advantage.
Old 2007-01-10, 11:33   Link #1057
CloudyWolf
garbage man....XP

hmmm, well i kinda like the Laevatein's fighting style. it's kinda cool & awesome....in it's own a bit unrealistic way ...as for whether the fight between Laevatein & Belial, well i might say that they might be evenly matched at first but the Belial might have a few hidden tricks up it's sleeve too. plus, it can fly & Leotard isn't a complete wimp & he's also a master at controlling the LD. of course Sousuke can't be far behind, given the skill he has shown us. & if that doesn't work out, there's always Kaname, giving him the support he needs to maximise the LD's power...but in all, we can be rest assured it's gonna be 1 steel-smashing, balls-out, drawn-out fight to the finish for these 2!..good job, hunterseeker!..mighty thx ...can't wait for the next chapter!! whoo!!
CloudyWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 12:00   Link #1058
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Actually, I wanted to add that these new Al controlled arms is an excellent way for the author to exemplify what exactly it is that makes the Laevateinn/Arbalest so powerful... the unparalleled A.I.

The fact that it is capable of forming it's own decisions and aiding it in battle automatically give it an edge in a fight. These extra arms just take it a step further. Think about it, without Al, they would be completely worthless. You could try to argue and say that Arastols have independent movement, but they are VERY primitive when compared to Al.

Finally, as has been said before, it is quite likely that the Laevatein is so powerful b/c they focused on making it strong, as opposed to making it able to last a long time (seen by it's 30 hour duration)
Old 2007-01-10, 12:52   Link #1059
dpryciak

Send a message via MSN to dpryciak Send a message via Yahoo to dpryciak
Hunter: Great job!!!

And, top awards for using the most WTF's in a single posting. I think we have a new record <GG>

SOMETHING has got to happen.

And I am waiting for more Sigma to be translated.
dpryciak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 13:02   Link #1060
Jehuty77
Legendary Hero

Send a message via MSN to Jehuty77
Thanks Alot HunterSeeker You Rock.
I dont know what we'd do without you here.
Jehuty77 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novels, mecha, shounen