Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-07-19, 17:41   Link #361
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
i dont remember WoW having any voices for casting.
It has some for when you lack HP/Mana/Rage/Energy for an attack. Plus grunts and the like. Emotes too. Oh and trying to do an invalid action (i.e. attacking friendly mobs)

There's no actual spoken dialogue though. Draenei females have a Russian-like accent, its hot
Old 2009-07-20, 16:07   Link #362
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

If theres one thing I've learnt about MMORPG's is that all of them are the same uninspired shit, no exceptions. They're pointless grindfests which were made by digging out the first thing they could find in the toilet and have imbalance out the wazoo, inflated stats and gameplay that moves like a turtle with alzheimer's stapled to the floor.

The few MMO games that actually have a focus on gameplay and balance and don't make you jump hoops just to play end up going under or aren't RPG's which fixes half the problem.

But worst of all are F2P, main reason is if you're stupid enough to get caught in the trap you WILL be paying nearly 3 or 4 times as much as you'd spend on a normal subscription MMO and the balance of the game is almost guaranteed to be a lost cause unless we're talking a more real time game which again wouldn't be a MMORPG. I've seen people pay so much money they could've easily just gone and bought every new console and a bunch of games for far better value.

Best thing is that they have no story ending or such and therefore no sense of completion, therefore you never go away thinking "That was a nice memorable game" it just leaves a horrible taste in your mouth.
Old 2009-07-20, 16:19   Link #363
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

well every MMORPG is a grindfest, but doesnt every game have a diffrent kind of Grindfest? and i heard Star Wars The Old Republic will actually have a "ENDING" but u can continue to play the game.

and by ending i mean like a KOTOR1&2 ending.
Old 2009-07-20, 23:22   Link #364
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Hmm, true that most MMORPG is grindfest and those F2P games make th game imbalance most of the time. But I mostly play MMORPG to have fun with friends, not competing with other players so....
kuroishinigami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-20, 23:50   Link #365
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
well every MMORPG is a grindfest, but doesnt every game have a diffrent kind of Grindfest? and i heard Star Wars The Old Republic will actually have a "ENDING" but u can continue to play the game.

Yeah, I think they'll also implement an ending on CABAL, after all the main plot advances quite a bit every few levels.

Quote:
But worst of all are F2P, main reason is if you're stupid enough to get caught in the trap you WILL be paying nearly 3 or 4 times as much as you'd spend on a normal subscription MMO and the balance of the game is almost guaranteed to be a lost cause unless we're talking a more real time game which again wouldn't be a MMORPG. I've seen people pay so much money they could've easily just gone and bought every new console and a bunch of games for far better value.

Best thing is that they have no story ending or such and therefore no sense of completion, therefore you never go away thinking "That was a nice memorable game" it just leaves a horrible taste in your mouth.
Already played 3 F2Ps, didn't pay for any of them and 2/3 were quite memorable in a good way for me...I had to drop CABAL since I'm out of RAM though
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 01:39   Link #366
Cut-Tongue
ボクサッチ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
There's no actual spoken dialogue though. Draenei females have a Russian-like accent, its hot
Everything about Draenei females is hot

Played Aion over the weekend, made a really cute, chubby assassin. But her boobs dont bounce when I run which makes me sad The game itself is reputed to be a grindfest later on... I figure I can handle it. I dealt with EQ1, I can deal with Aion.
Cut-Tongue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 11:00   Link #367
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut-Tongue View Post
Everything about Draenei females is hot

Played Aion over the weekend, made a really cute, chubby assassin. But her boobs dont bounce when I run which makes me sad The game itself is reputed to be a grindfest later on... I figure I can handle it. I dealt with EQ1, I can deal with Aion.
I really hope that was a joke go play DoA Xtreme 2 or Rumble roses if u want that....
Old 2009-07-22, 12:46   Link #368
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sety View Post
There are very different MMOG cultures, with very different tastes. Some like more adventure and role-playing, others like to grind, and still some want to socialize while playing.

Of course, the operator has to earn and achieve a large customer base. Hence the huge appeal of F2P to anyone having much testosterone and fistful of cash -- in any way, you've got to pay to play.

As far as F2P is concerned, it's a matter of being very careful and using common sense on what to spend on at the item shop; I want to buy only what's really essential such as 5-hour experience rosaries and teleportation cards for nightly PvE sessions; I don't want to waste an insane amount of money for a full armor +10 protection upgrade.

Even if it's more of a grindfest, I want to accomplish a goal on my own strength, without resorting to a bunch of gear that's best only for PvP nutters.

Whether P2P or F2P, I prefer playing a MMOG that doesn't turn into a real-life nightmare of wasted time and money (such as the notorious Chinese-made ZT).
Old 2009-07-22, 18:58   Link #369
krisslanza
Sleep beneath the flowers

Quote:
I really hope that was a joke go play DoA Xtreme 2 or Rumble roses if u want that....
Gravity defying breasts in video games are scary. I mean ones that are big but NEVER MOVE O.o

IT just looks weird. Unless the character is like wearing plate or something, they should move or something... It just makes the character look really, really funny looking.
Old 2009-07-22, 19:13   Link #370
velvet nightmare

i heard the user interface in aion is complete trash

wonder if it'll be improved by release
velvet nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 20:14   Link #371
Zarifus

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post

I've actually played it, and haven't found anything particulary bad, let alone being 'complete trash'...

I suggest you actually play the game before spreading bad rumours like that.
Zarifus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-22, 20:47   Link #372
Cut-Tongue
ボクサッチ!

Quote:
Originally Posted by velvet nightmare View Post

Its okay, apes WOW as well as it can but lacks the customization.
Old 2009-07-22, 22:38   Link #373
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by krisslanza View Post
Gravity defying breasts in video games are scary. I mean ones that are big but NEVER MOVE O.o

IT just looks weird. Unless the character is like wearing plate or something, they should move or something... It just makes the character look really, really funny looking.
aslong as the plate covers her entire body, idc... Plated bikini's look retarded. hopefuly AIONs wont be like WoW in that way.
Old 2009-07-22, 23:05   Link #374
Cut-Tongue
ボクサッチ!

For those of you looking to try Aion but not wanting to wait until a beta weekend, get your Simplified Chinese on!

http://www.aionsource.com/forum/gene...ted-guide.html

First five hours free, 2 bucks per 20 hours after that.
Old 2009-07-23, 15:01   Link #375
Zarifus

I'm not sure if it still applies, but I remember that the first server in one of the regions (I think the first region) actually gave 40 free hours instead of 5. I started on one of the 5 hr servers and got kicked off, but my friend got to keep playing for quite a while after without having to pay.
Old 2009-07-23, 15:10   Link #376
Xion Valkyrie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarifus View Post
I'm not sure if it still applies, but I remember that the first server in one of the regions (I think the first region) actually gave 40 free hours instead of 5. I started on one of the 5 hr servers and got kicked off, but my friend got to keep playing for quite a while after without having to pay.
Actually, they add new Regions all the time, and for those regions, you get around 2 weeks of free play time before they go to a pay to play model. The newest regions are the ones at the bottom of the regions list.
Xion Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-24, 12:11   Link #377
Sety
Lost in your Eyes~~~

Quote:
Whether P2P or F2P, I prefer playing a MMOG that doesn't turn into a real-life nightmare of wasted time and money (such as the notorious Chinese-made ZT).
Oh I've seen that infamous little article, theres numerous stories similar to that for EVE Online too or any MMORPG for that matter. Personally my biggest issue is F2P games rely too much on building the game as it goes along. A subscription game needs a solid ammount of content to start to justify itself. A F2P game can afford to shove out a less than 5% finished game and a cash shop while its in BETA.

Quote:

Only MMO I know of ever having a ending was Tabula Rasa, also no I'm strongly of opinion good games keep you playing but have no real grindfest. You see this all the time with console games, people finish it but still play it because its solid fun. MMO's instead are afraid of people finishing the game.

Reason why the MMORPG genre inherently is a grindfest is because if you're not in for the community (and most of them stink for reasons that go back to the timesink problem) then you're in for the game. But the only way the company can keep you playing while putting in minimal effort is pointless repetition, basically a timesink.

Quote:
This. I like bouncy breasts. :[
Old 2009-07-24, 16:27   Link #378
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

if she's wearing full plate, her breast better not jiggle, or its not plate =\
Old 2009-07-25, 21:03   Link #379
Zarifus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Actually, they add new Regions all the time, and for those regions, you get around 2 weeks of free play time before they go to a pay to play model. The newest regions are the ones at the bottom of the regions list.
Oh, I know about this one, but I was referring to the free hours you get after the region goes out of free mode. Certain servers game significantly more time then others, but I think they were only the first few. Wasn't sure why though...
Old 2009-07-30, 03:55   Link #380
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Who was it that asked for a game for mac?

http://www.toribash.com/

Tags
mmorpg