AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-02-02, 05:46   Link #101
SebaZ

question: does the last episode of the anime match the manga? Are there chances of a second season?
SebaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 06:53   Link #102
sangofe

I hear vol7 continues where the anime ended.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 15:09   Link #103
TombStone

According to share/winny hash databases, chapter 54 was released on 2008-01-22, and if im not mistaken its the start/middle of the 11 Volume. Anime ends basically at the end of the chapter 30 (Volume 6) of the manga. But only 5 chapters are available in english, all translated by Kotonoha.
TombStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 15:48   Link #104
Okashii

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeILL View Post
One of my favorite moments was when Kugan took Fujiki's place in fighting that little kid, because he didn't want Fujiki to get killed.
I think he's afraid that Fujiki won't hold back and kill the kid, Killing a swordsman under Kengyou will spell trouble for Fujiki and Kogan.
Okashii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 17:01   Link #105
km0120

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebaZ View Post
question: does the last episode of the anime match the manga? Are there chances of a second season?
1. Yes it does.
2. I do not know, but it takes at least 2 years.
km0120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 17:24   Link #106
taelrak

Quote:
Originally Posted by km0120 View Post
1. Yes it does.
2. I do not know, but it takes at least 2 years.
What does happen after that anyway? I assume Fujiki's first match against Irako ends in a failure - except how was he able to get away with only losing his arm?

And who wins the competition anyway?
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 20:28   Link #107
km0120

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
What does happen after that anyway? I assume Fujiki's first match against Irako ends in a failure - except how was he able to get away with only losing his arm?

And who wins the competition anyway?
Spoiler for :
Old 2008-02-02, 20:29   Link #108
LifeILL

At least 2 years?? Why 2 years??

Goddammit

I wish I've never seen this anime, I definitely felt a little sad watching the last episode.

I'm watching Baccano, Skull Man, Soko no Strain and Seirei no Moribito right now. I hope I will like them as much as I loved Shigurui.
LifeILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-02, 20:48   Link #109
km0120

Quote:
At least 2 years?? Why 2 years??
The latest manga, Vol 9 was published in August, 2007 in Japan, and the manga is set to be published every 5 months.
The animation of Shigurui in one season needs stories equal to around seven mangas. So, I simply calculated that.
Old 2008-02-03, 03:38   Link #110
AnOffDutyNinja

Hot damn I just finished episode 12, WOW I am having a hard time holding back trying to find the Manga anywhere I can and paying someone to translate it for me. This series has planted itself right next to Beserk fro me.Great stuff!! Anyone know where I can get the Manga from? If you do plz PM me, thnx so much.
AnOffDutyNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 04:58   Link #111
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Well, pretty typical of Madhouse to pick up shows where the manga was FAR from fininshed. Berserk, Hajime no Ippo (even if it's partly due to the lack of ratings), Trigun, Claymore, etc etc.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 06:06   Link #112
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Well, pretty typical of Madhouse to pick up shows where the manga was FAR from fininshed. Berserk, Hajime no Ippo (even if it's partly due to the lack of ratings), Trigun, Claymore, etc etc.
it is not only madhouse, gonzo likes to do that a lot!
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 08:02   Link #113
SebaZ

At least they didn't ruin it with an original ending, like they did with claymore.
SebaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 11:09   Link #114
TombStone

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SebaZ
At least they didn't ruin it with an original ending, like they did with claymore.
Not yet. But they have already enough material to make another season and use so called 'anime original ending'. So, if ppl from madhouse are planning to release a second season, they can do it easily within a half a year or even sooner.
TombStone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 13:10   Link #115
LifeILL

What I don't understand is, there is actually more stuff to tell?

What is there left to tell? Seriously, to me the story seemed 90% complete. Irako and Fujiki fight in that tourament and that will be all, right? What is left?
LifeILL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-03, 14:06   Link #116
taelrak

Quote:
What I don't understand is, there is actually more stuff to tell?

What is there left to tell? Seriously, to me the story seemed 90% complete. Irako and Fujiki fight in that tourament and that will be all, right? What is left?
I assume Fujiki would need to meet Irako at least once before the match, in a fight where he loses his arm.

I'd also assume that Fujiki must undergo some sort of intensive training somehow - since there's probably no way he could beat Irako in his condition by the end of the anime.
taelrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 14:08   Link #117
Kabitzin
1/3 of the Sea Slugs Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by taelrak View Post
I'd also assume that Fujiki must undergo some sort of intensive training somehow - since there's probably no way he could beat Irako in his condition by the end of the anime.
Intensive fapping training to strengthen his remaining arm... j/k.

I also couldn't believe this was the last episode! Who knows how long it will be until (and if) another season comes out, and I haven't seen very much of the manga translated past volume 1. I get the feeling there is actually quite a bit more to tell about how Irako and Fujiki got to be the way they are, and how they developed their new techniques.

Also, what was Fujiki doing to Kogan at the end? Was he hoping to save him somehow? I mean, Kogan's brain had oozed out... how was some blood sucking going to help? Half of Kogan's face was on the roof!
Kabitzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-07, 04:46   Link #118
km0120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabitzin View Post
Also, what was Fujiki doing to Kogan at the end? Was he hoping to save him somehow? I mean, Kogan's brain had oozed out... how was some blood sucking going to help? Half of Kogan's face was on the roof!
Yes, he tried to save Kogan. He took it for granted that he was immortal.
Old 2008-02-08, 13:57   Link #119
sangofe

I'm not sure whether suki are slow adding it, but link for interview's not here yet, so I'm gonna post it here:
http://a.scarywater.net/saizen/%5BA-...5D.mkv.torrent

PS! This was the "special" people were talking about.

Edit: edited link to interview.

Last edited by sangofe; 2008-02-09 at 08:02.
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-09, 05:51   Link #120
Sorrow-K
Somehow I found out

I kind of find myself siding with LifeILL. I mean, yes, there are loose ends, and a few holes between the end of ep 12 and beginning of ep 1, but most of these seem trivial to fill in. Without knowing what we've missed in the manga, or how much of it there is to go, I can't help but feel that an OVA would be more appropriate to fill in the gaps than a second season, because there just doesn't to be that many gaps to fill in.

Overall opinion of this show: masterpiece. Just brilliant. It's an anime that I'd happily call a piece of art, which is rare. There aren't many anime that I'd genuinely consider to be art. The vast, vast, vast majority of anime are entertainment, not art. Shows like this are one-in-a-hundred, IMO.

It did almost everything it tried right. The characters were grotesque, but their loss of humanity was believable. It never let its themes fall far from the focus, which made it meaningful, but it was never over-the-top with how it delivered them. The aesthetics were faultless and the atmosphere was gripping and chilling. It was constantly shocking but never played a plot point for shock value alone.

The only flaw that I can see is that the chronology has holes. Well, that, and it's the type of series that will inevitably be appreciated by only a very small audience. Other than that, easily one of the best anime of last year.
Sorrow-K is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
extreme violence, mature, shounen