AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-11-05, 20:51   Link #101
gaguri

Spoiler:

But I don't remember much aboutthe other girls, sorry. I would need to watch it again, but I do remember that few girls did act in a very doll-like manner, and they were all probably possessed, by either Cossette or Marcelo's Painting.
gaguri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-18, 20:15   Link #102
Dark Wing

I know it's a little late to be posting here but I finally got around to seeing this anime and I have to say it's truly one of a kind...hands down one of my favorites of all time.

Oh and for anyone wondering what happed to the real Cossette in ep. 3 she left Eiri after realizing how much he truly loved her unlike Marcelo Eiri was willing to endure the pain caused to Cossette in order to free her soul. This is when a fake Cossette appeared who was in reality Marcelo's shadow trying to control Eiri however Eiri wouldn't obey and fought back creating his own piece of art not with blind obsession but pure love for Cossette finally braking the curse.

I would also like to point out that the manga went on a bit longer with more cursed items and less gore.

Last edited by Dark Wing; 2011-06-18 at 20:53.
Dark Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-08-31, 04:52   Link #103
YuriEcchiGirl

I have this OVA on DVD & I really enjoy it very much, so very mysterious & gothic indeed
Old 2013-10-02, 11:35   Link #104
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Finally watched this....My word, it's better than anything this season.

I see now where Shinbo got his ideas for Madoka. Pity he doesn't get the chance to do more gothic horror. And I also finally know where Houseki originally came from. Best Kaijura song ever and it really fits.

One thing though, did Cossette finally reincarnate in Shouko like how Marcello did in Eiri? If so, nice to see how everything finally came full circle properly.
Old 2014-03-16, 14:53   Link #105
Goty

Send a message via ICQ to Goty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
One thing though, did Cossette finally reincarnate in Shouko like how Marcello did in Eiri? If so, nice to see how everything finally came full circle properly.
A little late, but yeah, that's my favored take on the ending - although the very last scene, together with Eiri's speech, is clearly intended to leave things a little ambiguous. It can also be seen as that Eiri and Cossette became one, instead of Shoko and Cossette.

If it's the latter, we saw Eiri literally vanishing from this world, but we don't see how and when he came back, so we have to take Shoko's last words to heart for it to work.
Goty is offline   Reply With Quote