AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-07, 16:58   Link #521
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
Ranka's power source is unknown and they discovered no V-Type virus in her blood.
Yet she has the same bugs as Sheryl does. I guess they simply didnīt take blood samples from Rankas stomach area. ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilroy0097 View Post
The V-type virus is a bacteria and this sentence suggests that it can only be transmitted through exchange of bodily fluids or blood. "It's a blood and bodily fluid infection so the infection rate is low." Hence in that sense it's very much like HIV. You can not get infected by simple contact. Hence Alto can kiss Sheryl without getting the disease unless there is a blood intermingling of some sort be it through a cold sore or something similar. Unprotected sex would be a sure fire way of contracting the disease as plenty of bodily fluids are exchanged during the act.
Yeah, there are parallels, but until we have an actual confirmation from the show, we donīt actually know if the V-type disease is transmitted via sexual contact. If one does assume that Alto and Sheryl made love ( like I do ), then I say it isnīt transmitted via sex. Because Sheryl had all the medical information about the disease at her disposal and she is not the irresponsible type to infect Alto just because of the spur of the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indr0008 View Post
second season==sheryl dies in this season

me don't want that
Erm.... how do you figure that a second season would mean that Sheryl dies this season?
Old 2008-09-07, 17:08   Link #522
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post

They didn't try very hard to stop them, even though it was apparently expected of them. Ozma's and Alto's little duel was pretty pointless as well. Nothing we haven't really heard or seen before, and it really shows just how little his, Alto's, character has progressed.
Frontier military is very short on resources, the fact that they got away even when Leon had things prepared to stop them tell you how inept the frontier military is compared to the SMS people. the only guys that seem to have survived the fight were Luca and Alto and Luca didn't get shot down thanks to Alto. I laughed when Luca said "that is too bad, lt cmdr" like he thought he could beat them lol. PWNED!

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Yet she has the same bugs as Sheryl does. I guess they simply didnīt take blood samples from Rankas stomach area. ^^
If you look, what ranka has is TOO big to get in the blood stream! they are more like eggs or worms or bugs while Sheryl are virus! You don't seem to understand how the circulatory system works! even if they took blood from her stomach , the same thing would have happened. Those things are not in the blood stream!
Old 2008-09-07, 17:17   Link #523
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipernorris View Post
Well I had the clear impression that, to Grace, the fold quartz were just a middle stepstone and nothing more. On that planet there is something far greater than the fold quartz imho.
I'm wondering if everything she's done up actually worked as intended to accomplish her objective.

Quote:
When your enemy wants to annihilate you and there is no possibility to negotiate it's the only possible solution. It's called "struggle for the survival" and it's done by all living beings. I don't think the Vajra have been a show of diplomacy thus far.
Even if the Vajra haven't attempted communications (they communicated with Ranka, who was mute about it for whatever reason), they have to have some reason for attacking Frontier. Even if it's for shits and giggles. As far as we know, Frontier hasn't really tried to find a reason for the attacks, and declared it a genocidal war without knowing anything about their enemy. I don't blame them for defending themselves, or taking steps to destroy the Vajra, but they haven't even tried to find an explanation.

Quote:
We don't know if all the attacks were shown because Macross Frontier is, you know, 25 episodes long and not 100.
Almost each episode there is some kind of attack from the Vajra tough... and the theory that Vajra are attacking Frontier to rescue Ranka is done for as well because the Vajra are still attacking tough Ranka is in a whole other place.
Actually, since they're blocking Vajra communications now, they might not know Ranka isn't there anymore. Still, it's also true that Ranka hasn't been at the center of all their actions. Even when she was held captive, they still attacked Frontier as an example.

Quote:
As I repeat: if the Research Convoy did some shit (which is highly probable) then I'm happy it was destroyed. This doesn't mean Vajra are justified in massacring millions of civilians lives who knows nothing about Vajra before the nice bugs came destroying their lifes.
If it's a war between speices, I doubt "civilian" matters all that much.

Quote:
She clearly refers to humantradi's dream to colonize planet around the galaxy, so this means Vajra don't want strangers around their territory. This is the reason because they're obliterating Frontier killing millions of people.
When was that?

Quote:
Yeah and so they're justified in massacring millions of lives?
So if humans want to destroy Vajra to defend themselves from annihilation they're despicable and hyprocrites, if the Vajra do the same are poor bugs which defend their little nest.
Again the Vajra's reasons are unknown, with no real attempts by anyone to find out what they are exactly. When dealing with an alien aggressor, it's best not to try to relate to them. Study them, try to understand them, but don't assume that what they want or how they act is in any way related to you and your behavior.
Old 2008-09-07, 17:22   Link #524
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
If you look, what ranka has is TOO big to get in the blood stream! they are more like eggs or worms or bugs while Sheryl are virus! You don't seem to understand how the circulatory system works! even if they took blood from her stomach , the same thing would have happened. Those things are not in the blood stream!
They don't have to be in the bloodstream (whatever they are), but they will leave signs of their presence in Ranka's blood since all the body's fluids are connected. Appendicitis is localized to a relatively small part of the body, but they still take a blood test for it. Same goes for any type of parasite: it may not be in the bloodstream, but it will leave traces of its presence in the form of hormones, waste and other secretions that are absorbed into the bloodstream.
Old 2008-09-07, 17:24   Link #525
Wesley84

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
Frontier military is very short on resources, the fact that they got away even when Leon had things prepared to stop them tell you how inept the frontier military is compared to the SMS people. the only guys that seem to have survived the fight were Luca and Alto and Luca didn't get shot down thanks to Alto. I laughed when Luca said "that is too bad, lt cmdr" like he thought he could beat them lol. PWNED!
Maybe they let them go? I don't know, did Leon really seem like he wanted to stop them?

Quote:
I thought Foldwaves only formed when they hit your brain though?
Old 2008-09-07, 17:28   Link #526
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by abynormal View Post
They don't have to be in the bloodstream (whatever they are), but they will leave signs of their presence in Ranka's blood since all the body's fluids are connected. Appendicitis is localized to a relatively small part of the body, but they still take a blood test for it. Same goes for any type of parasite: it may not be in the bloodstream, but it will leave traces of its presence in the form of hormones, waste and other secretions that are absorbed into the bloodstream.
well, it seems they don't! that is my point! even if they take a blood sample from the stomach, All blood circulate and eventually goes through the heart, lungs and kidney and is constantly recycle. My point is that what Ranka has is not viral or bacterial and it is not curculationg in the blood stream!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley84 View Post

I thought Foldwaves only formed when they hit your brain though?
that is only on sheryl's case! They don't know how Ranka's power work! they just know that when she sings she does it!
Old 2008-09-07, 17:48   Link #527
Sunab0uzu

man new song!! good stuff
Old 2008-09-07, 18:26   Link #528
Nishi
Disabled By Request

Am I the only one who is curious just what exactly was in the text message sent to the SMS crew? How much info was given to them? I have a hard time believing that Ozma and Cathy spilled the beans about Leon's murder of the president, because if Alto and Luca knew, I think they would've reacted differently. Sure they had reasons to stay on Frontier, but if they knew of Leon's schemes and his illegitimate presidency, they would have second thoughts about working for Leon.

It seems to me like Alto really doesn't know the truth, nor does he know about Ranka's real reason for leaving. Ozma obviously knows enough of Ranka's reason (from her letter) to decide to go after her. What I don't get is if Ozma wanted to get people on his side, why not just explain it all to Alto and Luca? Telling them about Leon's scheme and Ranka's reason for leaving would have given them second thoughts, instead of branding her as a traitor.

Not to mention, Ozma going all out and trying to shoot them down? If Alto and Luca don't know the truth (which is my opinion), it's unfair to go against them like that. If they do know, then Leon's schemes could be linked to Sheryl's illness and Nanase's condition.

Or else all the guys are just thinking way too much with their penises and staying/going with their women -- Ozma included.
Old 2008-09-07, 18:34   Link #529
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Well Nishi, while your criticism was a bit harsh, I could not say that I disagree. I do not believe Alto was given the rundown of what happened. Moreover, I believe that during the conversation with Ozma, he was indirectly encouraged not to follow and stay on Frontier to protect the woman he loves.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-07, 18:52   Link #530
Mavrickjubei
U Get What U Expect

Send a message via Yahoo to Mavrickjubei
What's going to be wierd is sara's gonna pop out of nowhere piloting that funky kadun and wipe out both sides for fighting each other and then disappear again then we see these pretty feathers floating down the screen and the credits rolling up the screen. Boy, I hope I'm wrong.
Old 2008-09-07, 19:27   Link #531
Kinku
Hate a Hater.Love a Lover

Send a message via MSN to Kinku
man watsup with Grace grabing her boobs in the end... she got totally turn on about the true vajra queen ?
Old 2008-09-07, 19:31   Link #532
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
man watsup with Grace grabing her boobs in the end... she got totally turn on about the true vajra queen ?
Checking out her new bod, but mostly fan service, I think.
Old 2008-09-07, 19:32   Link #533
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
Checking out her new bod, but mostly fan service, I think.
I personally thought that was pretty creepy. It left a rather yucky aftertaste.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2008-09-07, 20:08   Link #534
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinku View Post
She's taking hold of her "hopes and dreams."
Old 2008-09-07, 20:11   Link #535
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to forgottendiary Send a message via MSN to forgottendiary Send a message via Yahoo to forgottendiary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
I personally thought that was pretty creepy. It left a rather yucky aftertaste.

- Tak
What more if Nanasa did the same thing.
Old 2008-09-07, 20:13   Link #536
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgottendiary View Post
What more if Nanasa did the same thing.
Then I noticed her face, and that alone could easily massacre any hopes and dreams I might have for the character.

- Tak

Old 2008-09-07, 20:16   Link #537
forgottendiary
Izanami
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Then I noticed her face, and that alone could easily massacre any hopes and dreams I might have for the character.

- Tak
Well said!

I've another image in my mind, but it'd be detrimental to our health, so...
Old 2008-09-07, 20:50   Link #538
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nishi View Post
Am I the only one who is curious just what exactly was in the text message sent to the SMS crew? How much info was given to them? I have a hard time believing that Ozma and Cathy spilled the beans about Leon's murder of the president, because if Alto and Luca knew, I think they would've reacted differently. Sure they had reasons to stay on Frontier, but if they knew of Leon's schemes and his illegitimate presidency, they would have second thoughts about working for Leon.
Alto didn't read the message until he missed the departure time because of his spending quality time with Sheryl. He went into the battle angry and confused. (well, more angry and confused than usual).

By this point, Luca could care less about that stuff, just which side allows him to point weapons in the Vajra's direction. Also, he got himself and LAI's corporate interests mixed up in Leon's conspiracy, although we don't know how deep.

Klan, I suspect, either did not emotionally feel up to it at the moment,or was
either tasked to stay behind as an agent, or was given a different and specific job to do.
Old 2008-09-07, 21:04   Link #539
Wesley84

I think I'd have rather seen Grace tearing the military and secret service apart. Actually, they could have spent half the episode on that and it would have been more interesting then what we were actually shown.
Old 2008-09-07, 21:14   Link #540
N_Shinji

Send a message via MSN to N_Shinji
can anyone give me the name of the insert song used when Macross Quarter was deserting Frontier , when they were launching from the clamps and Klan Klan was saluting them off.....
Closed Thread