Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-09-10, 18:09   Link #2301
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I started this game about 1 month and a half ago, I got lvl 60 DRG, PLD, WAR and DRK, and then when I decided to do the math for esoterics, I realized that it'll take me another 5 months just to get full eso set on one class >_>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I can feel your pain. Honestly, given how long it would take, I'm half inclined not to even try wasting time getting esoterics and just spend my time leveling up other classes instead.

Higher iLvl gear will turn up in a DLC eventually anyways.
Don't think too much about how much time it will take, just do your daily expert.

Also there's a fairly high chance that the upcoming new 24 persons raid that's coming with patch 3.1 will also drop ilvl 200 gear, but with a 1 drop per week lock. By doing esoterics and that raid you'll be able to get to ilvl 200 in half of the time it takes now.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 18:32   Link #2302
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Don't think too much about how much time it will take, just do your daily expert.

Also there's a fairly high chance that the upcoming new 24 persons raid that's coming with patch 3.1 will also drop ilvl 200 gear, but with a 1 drop per week lock. By doing esoterics and that raid you'll be able to get to ilvl 200 in half of the time it takes now.
All they need to do is increase the esoteric cap, at least make it 1k a week, and you can get one piece a week, but it's Squares way of content gating to make the game last longer.

I doubt it'll be any gear drop, so far all the high ilvl gear are through tokens, and it'll most likely to be the same in the new 24man. I'm just hoping they increase the esoteric cap limit.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 21:23   Link #2303
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
All they need to do is increase the esoteric cap, at least make it 1k a week, and you can get one piece a week, but it's Squares way of content gating to make the game last longer.

I doubt it'll be any gear drop, so far all the high ilvl gear are through tokens, and it'll most likely to be the same in the new 24man. I'm just hoping they increase the esoteric cap limit.
All 24 man raids dropped gear as well as tomes, with gear on lockout but tomes still farmable. That's not likely to change as 24 man content is geared for a more casual approach.

What they won't likely give us are weapon specific tomes, if that's still thing. CT didn't have weapon tomes until a few months after WoD.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-10, 21:55   Link #2304
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
All 24 man raids dropped gear as well as tomes, with gear on lockout but tomes still farmable. That's not likely to change as 24 man content is geared for a more casual approach
He's probably talking about the fact that the new heavensward system is to give token that can be spent to buy pieces of equipment rather than dropping the items themselves, which is a fair point. that is mostly done to mitigate the RNG factor.

At any rate whether the void ark will drops ilvl200 gear directly or tokens to get ilvl200 gear, you'll still get one piece of ilvl200 gear per week.

Also I forgot to mention that with patch 3.1 a new extreme primal will come, and that means new ilvl200 weapons or new ilvl200 accessory or both.

Quote:
I'm just hoping they increase the esoteric cap limit.
You probably won't see it anytime soon. The last time they only increased poetics cap a few weeks before heavensward after unlocking final coil, and giving echo buff to it.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2015-09-10 at 22:36.
Old 2015-09-11, 03:52   Link #2305
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I'm fine with the Eso limit because it doesn't make me feel obligated to max out a very high cap and make me feel like I'm gimping myself, especially on days where I can't play much. Plus it'll force me to actually do other content rather than farming Eso's day in and day out (ie AlexNM).

Anyway just a question: Assuming I decide to sell everything I farm on DoL for gil, is it more effective to farm the produce of Folklores, Ephemerals or Favors?
Old 2015-09-11, 06:41   Link #2306
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Anyway just a question: Assuming I decide to sell everything I farm on DoL for gil, is it more effective to farm the produce of Folklores, Ephemerals or Favors?
I have no idea myself, I've yet to take a single favor, but I know that aethersands and folklore stuff don't sell as well as you would expect them to considering how much work you need to do in order to be able to get them.
By comparison it looks a lot more rewarding in term of effort\gain to gather and sell the stuff that is required to do the gathering quest, especially catkiller and letter puffer for fishing.
But that may differ from server to server.

Old 2015-09-12, 01:06   Link #2307
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well I just made a cool 1m for 8 favors worth of botany materials so... yeah...

Only 2 botany favor mats are actually in high demand in my server. The rest are mining favors for reasons I'm not yet sure of.

Edit - After doing some basic math for the requirements to have 650 gathering and 645 perception to access to folklore nodes, I have concluded that this is ridiculous.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2015-09-12 at 07:01.
Old 2015-09-12, 15:30   Link #2308
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
He's probably talking about the fact that the new heavensward system is to give token that can be spent to buy pieces of equipment rather than dropping the items themselves, which is a fair point. that is mostly done to mitigate the RNG factor.

At any rate whether the void ark will drops ilvl200 gear directly or tokens to get ilvl200 gear, you'll still get one piece of ilvl200 gear per week.

Also I forgot to mention that with patch 3.1 a new extreme primal will come, and that means new ilvl200 weapons or new ilvl200 accessory or both.

You probably won't see it anytime soon. The last time they only increased poetics cap a few weeks before heavensward after unlocking final coil, and giving echo buff to it.
Quote:
I'm fine with the Eso limit because it doesn't make me feel obligated to max out a very high cap and make me feel like I'm gimping myself, especially on days where I can't play much. Plus it'll force me to actually do other content rather than farming Eso's day in and day out (ie AlexNM).

The only reason why I want the cap increased is so that I can just get my gear and not worry about it anymore so I can focus on other things, I only have so much time in a day, and doing the daily dungeons generally take up all the time I have on days I work, and end up neglecting other things. Like leveling DoH classes, making money, crafting, etc...
Old 2015-09-12, 16:49   Link #2309
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
The only reason why I want the cap increased is so that I can just get my gear and not worry about it anymore so I can focus on other things, I only have so much time in a day, and doing the daily dungeons generally take up all the time I have on days I work, and end up neglecting other things. Like leveling DoH classes, making money, crafting, etc...
If doing the daily roulette really took all the time you have to play in a day, you still wouldn't be able to get more esoterics per day.

But if you actually have more time, then you can use that time to do the other stuff you mention. It's a lot more time efficient that way rather than doing everything at once.

Supposing you want to get a full esoterics set, it takes exactly 80 experts for the 6000 necessary tomestones.

Now if you wanted to complete the set in half of the time, so about 6 weeks, assuming no cap you'd need to do 42 experts plus 72 more dungeons. So you'd actually spend more time on it doing almost 3 dungeons per day in 6 weeks instead of 1 per day in 13 weeks.

Quote:
I realized that it'll take me another 5 months just to get full eso set on one class >_>
Now that I actually did the math... what kind of calculation did you do to conclude it would take 5 months?

It's a weapon for 990
Head, Hands and feet for 495 x 3 = 1485
Body and legs for 825 x 2 = 1650
Accessories and belt for 375 x 5 ( you can only take one ring) = 1875

Exactly 6000 esoterics, which divided by 450 makes 13 with a remnant of 150 (two more days)

That's little more than three months, not five.

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2015-09-12 at 17:06.
Old 2015-09-12, 21:41   Link #2310
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

Quote:
If doing the daily roulette really took all the time you have to play in a day, you still wouldn't be able to get more esoterics per day.

But if you actually have more time, then you can use that time to do the other stuff you mention. It's a lot more time efficient that way rather than doing everything at once.

Supposing you want to get a full esoterics set, it takes exactly 80 experts for the 6000 necessary tomestones.

Now if you wanted to complete the set in half of the time, so about 6 weeks, assuming no cap you'd need to do 42 experts plus 72 more dungeons. So you'd actually spend more time on it doing almost 3 dungeons per day in 6 weeks instead of 1 per day in 13 weeks.

Now that I actually did the math... what kind of calculation did you do to conclude it would take 5 months?

It's a weapon for 990
Head, Hands and feet for 495 x 3 = 1485
Body and legs for 825 x 2 = 1650
Accessories and belt for 375 x 5 ( you can only take one ring) = 1875

Exactly 6000 esoterics, which divided by 450 makes 13 with a remnant of 150 (two more days)

That's little more than three months, not five.
I max out the 450 every week, just by doing expert and trial every day, starting from the resets on tuesday, I'll max it by sunday. You can take two rings, just not two of the same rings.

I was just counting 6 weeks just for the weapon, body and pants. and 1.5 weeks for each of the boots, gloves and helm. And 1 week per accessory. Wasn't doing any solid math, just estimating it and being overwhelmed by the sheer volume.

Yeah I over counted, but 3 and a half months is still long.
Old 2015-09-12, 22:19   Link #2311
Galaxian

I just finished the Striking Tree (Hard) so I'm half way through patch 2.3
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 04:02   Link #2312
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
I just finished the Striking Tree (Hard) so I'm half way through patch 2.3
so much more to do...im kinda jealous of you
Old 2015-09-13, 06:36   Link #2313
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I've never finished Striking Tree HM so...

Edit - Oops EX I mean. I should probably do that unsynced one day.

Last edited by MeoTwister5; 2015-09-13 at 07:19.
Old 2015-09-13, 07:02   Link #2314
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
I've never finished Striking Tree HM so...
You're thinking of the "Extreme", Striking Tree "Hard Mode" is the one you need to do in order to progress with the story.

Old 2015-09-13, 11:28   Link #2315
R.LocK
My turn

The best thing to do unsynced is to solo Titan NM. It's hilarious.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-13, 13:59   Link #2316
Asuras
Dictadere~!

Spent the full time allotted trying to do Bismarck Extreme with some new folks (myself included). Only one thing to say:

Old 2015-09-13, 20:18   Link #2317
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
The best thing to do unsynced is to solo Titan NM. It's hilarious.
How do you even do that? As soon as you get gaoled it's an automatic defeat. With an increase of item level in the future and exploiting the echo buff you could probably solo Titan Extreme, but Titan NM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
Spent the full time allotted trying to do Bismarck Extreme with some new folks (myself included). Only one thing to say:

You're gonna experience a whole new level of "love" for cockroaches soon

Old 2015-09-14, 00:44   Link #2318
R.LocK
My turn

Quote:
How do you even do that? As soon as you get gaoled it's an automatic defeat. With an increase of item level in the future and exploiting the echo buff you could probably solo Titan Extreme, but Titan NM?
Simple. You just need to shatter Titan's heart in 2 GCD.

And Bard has just the right tools for that now.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-09-14, 03:22   Link #2319
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Simple. You just need to shatter Titan's heart in 2 GCD.

And Bard has just the right tools for that now.
Oh wait you said Titan Normal, well of course, it's titan Hard Mode that is impossible right now

There's a video of a scholar that soloed Garuda Extreme (with full echo buff), but still no one beat Titan Hard solo as far as I know.

I managed to solo Ifrit Hard (no echo) myself and Coil T2 (Enrage strat with echo), I tried Garuda Hard but the bitch keeps interrupting me and I can't damage her and Chirada fast enough to overcome her HP regeneration -_-;

Old 2015-09-16, 22:59   Link #2320
Galaxian

Just beat Shiva HM, almost done with 2.4 patch.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmorpg