AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-12, 11:01   Link #721
Luna91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
One was Mutsubi and how her pure innocence blinded the rest of the cast...
How could i have forgotten about this, so hilarious
Old 2010-09-12, 12:02   Link #722
matteas
Member Member

Nyotaimori... I saw that word coming XD

What I really liked about this episode were the romantic moments. The first turned out into a great, hilarious misunderstanding, but the other one when Shino and Tsuda were talking about the necklace she received built up a really nice lovey-dovey atmosphere.

Tsuda's sister should join the student council if she gets accepted. She is capable of giving the helping hand (some kind of pun intended) and definitely meets all the necessary requirements for acceptance.
matteas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 12:58   Link #723
Wargumm1i
Hentai

I have to say that episode 11 was uniquely brilliant, I just could not get enough of the gag bit with Tsuda and the presents where everyone of them vibrated, even the one from the "real" santa claus!
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 14:01   Link #724
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by matteas View Post
Tsuda's sister should join the student council if she gets accepted. She is capable of giving the helping hand (some kind of pun intended) and definitely meets all the necessary requirements for acceptance.
More than anything, she's kinda like a v2 of Shino (perhaps just a bit less brilliant in studies), so she might even go for the president role once Shino will graduate.
Putting aside Hata and the wonderful Mitsuba (I swear, when they asked her what she wanted to become, in my mind I actually called for "to become a bride", that's just so Mitsuba-ish ^^) , I think Kotomi is the most interesting and hilarious among the secondary characters, and giving her more room was a brilliant choice as it added several layers to the show.

All in all, one of the best SYD episodes, and for a comedy being delivering so much after 11 episodes, it's something. I think that the beach episode still had the best gags, but this one comes close, and it did have romantic moments. About Tsuda's gifts, no doubts that he would get the maid's, I was kinda hoping in something better, perhaps slightly romantic, from Shino (but then again, remember her previous gifts to him, the ero book as souvenir from the Kyoto trip, and the ero manga for her visit when he was ill). At that point, the probability of a vibrating gift from Santa had become a certainty.

Must also admit that seeing the shameless Shino becoming so candid and embarassed when it comes to Tsuda seen in a romantic light, is really priceless.
Old 2010-09-12, 16:07   Link #725
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

I quite enjoyed the meta-absurdity of Kobayashi Yuu playing the young Tsuda. Between this and Seikimatsu she's definitely having the most fun cutting up this season.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 16:09   Link #726
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
I quite enjoyed the meta-absurdity of Kobayashi Yuu playing the young Tsuda. Between this and Seikimatsu she's definitely having the most fun cutting up this season.
Yeah i was thinking that. Just goes to show how much her voice fits a young boy. Shame she doesn't get much of a chance to voice them, though thanks to this season, that seems to be changing.
Old 2010-09-12, 16:20   Link #727
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Surely you're not forgetting the tragically under-appreciated Higepiyo? She and Paku Romi were one of the best 1-2 seiyuu punches of any series in 2009...
Old 2010-09-12, 16:20   Link #728
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Surely you're not forgetting the tragically under-appreciated Higepiyo? She and Paku Romi were one of the best 1-2 seiyuu punches of any series in 2009...
Of course not . I'm just saying she needs more roles of the sort, and not just secondary.
Old 2010-09-12, 16:22   Link #729
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I was rather amused Kobayashi Yuu played two "young boy in a flashback" in the very same week (the other was in Maid-sama). I'm personally not a fan of her "boy voice" though, it's been ruined forever by Ookami-Kakushi and its poor excuse of a main character.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pellissier View Post
About Tsuda's gifts, no doubts that he would get the maid's, I was kinda hoping in something better, perhaps slightly romantic, from Shino (but then again, remember her previous gifts to him, the ero book as souvenir from the Kyoto trip, and the ero manga for her visit when he was ill).
As they say, it's the intention that counts. And considering her "special" personality, she may have actually meant this as a romantic gift
Old 2010-09-12, 16:26   Link #730
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
I was rather amused Kobayashi Yuu played two "young boy in a flashback" in the very same week (the other was in Maid-sama). I'm personally not a fan of her "boy voice" though, it's been ruined forever by Ookami-Kakushi and its poor excuse of a main character.
I like her boy voices a lot, actually. Her work as Ryouta in Kyou no Go no Ni is something pretty brilliant, IMO. No matter the gender, she always manages to convery a highly amusing blend of overenthusiasm and impending panic...
Old 2010-09-12, 16:36   Link #731
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
No matter the gender, she always manages to convery a highly amusing blend of overenthusiasm and impending panic...
You've just summed up her role as a certain boy in Higurashi, perfectly. :3
Old 2010-09-12, 19:54   Link #732
Qikz

You know, I was thinking about words I could use to explain what I thought about this episode, but there was only one I could sum it up with. Amazing!

Seriously, this is probably my favourite full on comedy animes now, it's just funny every second, every episode. It's great how they deliver everything, there's no more than like two minutes without another gag and I love how the animators just break the fourth wall with their bits inbetween what I guess would be panels (I've not read the manga).

Just so good.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 20:29   Link #733
CWW
Lurker

The interstitial stamps from the studio definitely crack me up. The "You still won't be seeing anything on the DVDs" and "You're not getting any bath scenes" followed by a disappointed reaction from the crowd are gold! It's probably the Princess Lover crowd. ;D
CWW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 20:32   Link #734
wingman32x

Loved the romance elements this episode. It was actually one of the funnier episodes of the season, too. So overall, I think this was the most enjoyable episode of the series for me. The gift that the "real" santa gave him made my lol for about 5 minutes. Even santa fits into Seitokai's perverted world .

Also the stamps were really funny. I love smartass-y things like that.
wingman32x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 22:35   Link #735
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

After the fiasco that was the beach episode, I think I'll wait until Ayako comes out. xD
DJ Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 22:48   Link #736
Seiryuu

Despite the fact that her romantic moments are slimming down, I still think I'd root for either Hagimura or Mitsuba. I can't bring myself to favor a romance with a girl who would give a boy a vibrator for Christmas.
That said, I wonder what he'll do with them. No way he'd use them, and it'd look really weird to throw them out or return them to the stores. And he can't keep them. After all, he's one door down from Shino mark-II.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 23:31   Link #737
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
After the fiasco that was the beach episode, I think I'll wait until Ayako comes out. xD
eyah... same here. I'll be more inclined to look at the early releasers again, if I start seeing v2 versions of certain previous releases. I don't see any reason to download something several times.
Old 2010-09-13, 00:04   Link #738
Eternal_Sin
Useless Human Being

Mutsumi really looked so innocent there "I want to be a Bride"
A touching scene-_-

only her and hagimura that look normal in this anime----> Tsuda---I approve with the relationship
Eternal_Sin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-13, 01:21   Link #739
HandofFate

really good episodes 11.
lots of enjoyable gags and a constant stream of jokes.

favorite running gag is Hagimura talking or doing something at the height of Tsuda's waist level.
Old 2010-09-13, 02:37   Link #740
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

Really enjoyed episode 11 both in romance and comedy department.
The part when Kotomi and Shino was together outside the vacation, I thought "It's going to be the best combo in term of perverted minds"
Also the part where Mutsumi said what her dream was causing something like an explosive scene commonly seen in mecha anime and that nico reference
Lastly, Tsuda's 3 vibrating presents
Kopi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, shounen