AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2011-04-25, 18:53   Link #8601
GDB

Auburn and strawberry blonde are both just shades of red to guys. Don't get fancy with your vermilions, cardinals, and other variations. Red is red.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 20:31   Link #8602
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Auburn and strawberry blonde are both just shades of red to guys. Don't get fancy with your vermilions, cardinals, and other variations. Red is red.
Word. If it looks like it belongs in a cartoon then it's just not for me.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-25, 21:53   Link #8603
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

*ahem*

I'm a guy and I do care about those things. The different shades of red invoke quite differing effects.
Old 2011-04-25, 22:24   Link #8604
Cream

Quote:
Well, the different shades of red could give off different vibes
Old 2011-04-25, 22:54   Link #8605
Knightrunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
*ahem*

I'm a guy and I do care about those things. The different shades of red invoke quite differing effects.
Agreed. My kallen signature is the prove of the vibes of red I can't wait for Ch. 2 as Syn. as the main character.
Old 2011-04-25, 23:33   Link #8606
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Somehow, Syn has become the main character of a romance novel. Who knew.
Old 2011-04-26, 00:42   Link #8607
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Send a message via AIM to Flinch Send a message via MSN to Flinch
Being able to tell colors apart is a very rare trait amongst men. I find it valuable, even if I get badgered for it constantly.
Old 2011-04-26, 12:55   Link #8608
zebra
❙❙❙❙❙❙❙❥

Send a message via AIM to zebra Send a message via MSN to zebra
No fanart yet?
We should totally get an own thread for the adventures of Syn!

@Flinch, it really is. You don't have these debates with women:
"Could you pass me the blue paper?"
"The turquoise one?"
"That's the same."
"It's not."
"It's blue!"
"No, it's more greenish!"
"But it's still blue!!"
etc. till the endless loop gets interrupted by an outside force.
zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-26, 13:17   Link #8609
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by zebra View Post
No fanart yet?
We should totally get an own thread for the adventures of Syn!

@Flinch, it really is. You don't have these debates with women:
"Could you pass me the blue paper?"
"The turquoise one?"
"That's the same."
"It's not."
"It's blue!"
"No, it's more greenish!"
"But it's still blue!!"
etc. till the endless loop gets interrupted by an outside force.
I've ended up in such quarrels many times before, and they were quite entertaining on the clear difference between slight shades which they couldn't identify.
Old 2011-04-26, 16:39   Link #8610
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
As long as it's natural. Something about fake redheads turns me off more than any other bad dye job (except maybe bad green... bad green looks horrid).
True that. Bad dye jobs really screw the look.
Old 2011-04-26, 21:36   Link #8611
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
True that. Bad dye jobs really screw the look.
My cousin, who is a natural blonde, once dyed her hair bright red. It looked absolutely horrible on her.
Old 2011-04-27, 04:02   Link #8612
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Valid point for in general cases, but until people have actually seen synaesthetic's aesthetics for real, can we not slam her for being a redhead? It could be she would make people eat those words once they see her for real.

And for the record, while I have seen unwarranted cases of such a hair dying, I've seen some blondes have great results by going redhead. So give her the benefit of the doubt.
Old 2011-04-27, 05:53   Link #8613
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Sinner View Post
Valid point for in general cases, but until people have actually seen synaesthetic's aesthetics for real, can we not slam her for being a redhead? It could be she would make people eat those words once they see her for real.
Sounds like someone needs to actually read the conversation. No one was "slamming" syn. Just because syn dyes her hair, and some dye jobs look horrid, does not necessitate that syn's dye job is horrid. No need to spin things into a negative light for no reason.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 10:23   Link #8614
Crashmaking Zoomatic
Umu.

So, hello, everyone! I've been lurking this thread for...such a long time, it's not even funny. I'm sure it's been over a year now! I know some of you quite well when...the opposite definitely does not hold true. Hmm. Maybe that's a bit creepy, wahaha!

Well, regardless, I've finally decided to join in, spurred on by a problem of my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm honestly not sure what to do. It's a little long, for which I apologize. I'll place it under a spoiler tag, haha.
Spoiler for Length:
Crashmaking Zoomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 12:58   Link #8615
Flinch
Onii-chan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashmaking Zoomatic View Post
So, hello, everyone! I've been lurking this thread for...such a long time, it's not even funny. I'm sure it's been over a year now! I know some of you quite well when...the opposite definitely does not hold true. Hmm. Maybe that's a bit creepy, wahaha!

Well, regardless, I've finally decided to join in, spurred on by a problem of my own. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm honestly not sure what to do. It's a little long, for which I apologize. I'll place it under a spoiler tag, haha.
Spoiler for Length:
Well, you aren't a lurker anymore, so welcome. Also, that was a nice morning read, and such stories warrant walls of text.

With the formalities out of the way, let us start.
I can understand your parent's outlook on trying to keep you safe. I have a cousin (more of a sister when you look at how close we were) who is only about 14 months older than me, already with a kid that she is probably too young to raise properly. That is probably your parent's biggest fear, and I doubt that can be assuaged.

I'd go out on a limb and says that your mother knows, but doesn't want to take action. If you look at it through her perspective, it mustn't be easy on her when you see that she is really just caught in the middle of two opposite views.

I'd suggest that you try and become more intimate (physically more so) before going abroad to study (if you truly intend to). I'm not trying to cast doubt, but it seems more sound to make sure you have every angle covered.

Other than that, I hope everything works well.
Old 2011-04-27, 14:08   Link #8616
Crashmaking Zoomatic
Umu.

Haha, thank you! Glad to be here, and glad I could give you a nice morning read.

Oh, I'm positive that's the main fear. That and the fear that my grades will plummet, which are both understandable. I'm scared to death of the thought of getting pregnant myself, so I can completely understand that.

But I'm sure she knows, and is pretty hesitant with what to do, if anything. I think she understands that having him around in general (whether in person or not) is a great help for me, but at the same time, well. She's a mother who hasn't let go of her child yet (if they ever do!). But I don't quite understand. Become more intimate physically how? I didn't quite understand.

Thank you once again, though! I hope it does too.
Crashmaking Zoomatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 17:07   Link #8617
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
You're a legal adult. Tell them to mind their own fucking business. I have precisely zero patience for parents who want to control their kids like puppets, especially after they become adults.

Some folks just can't imagine the inevitable fact that kids grow up, meet someone, fall in love, have sex, make babies and have a family of their own.
Old 2011-04-27, 18:27   Link #8618
Prodigy
Heartless

Quote:

Spoiler for Length:
I skimmed through most of it but I can understand your situation with your parents becasue I too am Indian and my parents are/were the same way.

Have you told your parents about studying abroad? If you somehow convince them to let you go, then I say go for it. Just make sure that you both truly want this and neither of you are having doubts about this relationship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
You're a legal adult. Tell them to mind their own fucking business. I have precisely zero patience for parents who want to control their kids like puppets, especially after they become adults.
Dude, that shit doesn't fly with most Indian parents. Trust me from experience.
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-27, 21:10   Link #8619
Knightrunner

Quote:

Spoiler for Length:
First: Welcome to Animesuki
Second: long read, but a decent one

If your planning to move abroad I would try to figure out every angle to support myself. Maybe win some scholarships if your that great of a student. Sometimes state colleges or maybe UC colleges have decent programs to study abroad.

Hopefully, your parents would lighten up over time. When you say your parents are traditionally do they know how to use the internet?

Also try to figure out your parents real concerns about having a boyfriend. Would they be okay if you had an Indian boyfriend? Just my 2 cents in a short notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post

Some folks just can't imagine the inevitable fact that kids grow up, meet someone, fall in love, have sex, make babies and have a family of their own.
I have to agree with Prodigy. It does not matter what age you are if you don't follow your parents advise they can k*ll you. It happens in Asian societies too. In the US, people think your a real adult when you hit the magic age 18, but in reality how many can actually think reasonably.
Old 2011-04-27, 21:20   Link #8620
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Yeah, my parents literally tried to kill me. Now I don't talk to them, don't associate with them, don't see them and would rather that they disappeared forever.

It must be hard to go against your parents if you love them. I hate mine and want them to die, so it's easy for me to automatically reject anything they say or do.

Since, you know, I'm not really in the habit of listening to child abusers and attempted murderers and all.

Tags
advice, break-ups, dating, dating after divorce, divorce, happiness, love, pairings, single dad, single mom