AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

View Poll Results: Claymore - Chapter 119 Rating
Perfect 10 11 16.92%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 17 26.15%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 20 30.77%
7 out of 10 : Good 7 10.77%
6 out of 10 : Average 6 9.23%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 3.08%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.54%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.54%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2011-10-21, 11:11   Link #861
yononaka
nani ni tatoemu

Sure, but why does it have to be discussed in the chapter threads?
Old 2011-10-21, 12:27   Link #862
Dark Night

Not sure. I guess sooner or later Teresa or Priscilla are gonna be mentioned in relation to each other. But no one starts out specifically with that in mind. You just want to mention a small fact but before you know it you're entangled in the discussion.

At that point taking it to the T vs P thread kinda breaks the flow since you might also want to post about something in the chapter, so everyone just goes along with it. It's... convenient.

The Mods here are sure great!
Old 2011-10-21, 13:03   Link #863
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Putting everything aside, may I just point out in this thread that no one discussed that particular topic in this thread?

Elandyll/Nixl/and I talked about Prissy's behavior and whatnot, and Nixl/and I discussed both suppression and Teresa's sensory ability.

That's it; the TvP discussion is all about finding out who is stronger - even if you use the battle as an example, it doesn't mean anything .

Side's, like some have said, it at least keeps things moving until the next chapter
Old 2011-10-21, 13:31   Link #864
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
Most of the inevitable TvP debates tend to flare up when somebody makes a reference, whether intentional or not, which quickly devolves into someone from the opposite faction feeling compelled to defend their idol. Most of the board veterans seem to have learned restraint or simply have already stated all there is to say on the subject. I don't have too much of a problem with it so long as they stay somewhat friendly and don't turn into overwhelming TL;DR matches.

Teresa had her limelight, as brief as it may have been, but sadly she is gone. The same goes for all our favorite AOs. Like it or not, Priscilla is the last one left standing. There - I said it. Painful as it was....

Besides, the last few times anyone has attempted to discuss something somewhat chapter-related, people either quickly lose interest or totally ignore it. Since the "blob" has effectively removed both Clare and Priscilla from the current story line, there isn't really much else of interest to discuss that hasn't already been brought up. Case in point:
Spoiler for save space:

Spoiler for Another possible topic to discuss... ;):

Spoiler for An unrelated but interesting topic to discuss:
Old 2011-10-21, 15:15   Link #865
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcor View Post
Spoiler for An unrelated but interesting topic to discuss:
I think if Yagi made Clare 100% human again it would be stupid. How would she kill priscilla if she is just human?
And if you are going to make Clare human again then they should just revive Teresa and all the other claymores that have ever died. That way it would have happy ending

(, i was being sarcastic if you didn't get it)

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-21, 15:15   Link #866
Nixl

Lawl Terran's got a mech warrior unit for HotS. lolololol
Old 2011-10-21, 15:25   Link #867
Teresa4ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nixl View Post
Yes, it will be my fault. Too bad I remembered too late my idea that Priscilla starts off like a shounen hero or a protagonist, but changes into a villain. Much like Teresa, the badass who finds a heart, dies and Priscilla, the epitome of a shounen hero becomes a monster. The two characters that started out blatant archetypes met atypical ends. Maybe my anti-Teresa would not have popped out in public if I talked about that instead.
So you are a Teresa hater? that is so disappointing
Teresa haters are just like Raki haters, they can never see the light, its like there are living in darkness.

Quote:
edit: I wonder if Teresa4Ever will beat me up and steal my lunch money now. I better have extra duct tape to fix my glasses and my pocket protector fully protected from now on.
Well actually i'm a girl, so i wouldn't beat someone up unless there was a really good reason for it. But i get your joke

And I HATE Priscilla.
Old 2011-10-21, 15:44   Link #868
Shiek927
Thread Hijacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claymore! View Post
I think if Yagi made Clare 100% human again it would be stupid. How would she kill priscilla if she is just human?
And if you are going to make Clare human again then they should just revive Teresa and all the other claymores that have ever died. That way it would have happy ending

(, i was being sarcastic if you didn't get it)
You had me worried for a second...
Old 2011-10-21, 16:01   Link #869
Return Clare
Teresa within me

@Falcor Thanks for bringing out my topic again. I'm not surprised no one wanted to discuss the freaking newcomers anymore, but my idea was fresh. I think people are apathetic because NG Yagi is stalling the manga.

Like I said before Yagi used to be good and write epic shit like Teresa vs Priscilla that people can't stop discussing even now but these days he's freaking benched Clare and wants us to drool over the newcomers no one cares about. No can do, this manga is NG without Clare.

@Claymore! Don't try so hard, I already know that you have a problem with everything I say. My idea isn't stupid just because you have a problem, deal with it.

With her Teresa part Clare can kill Priscilla inside the ball or she can imprison her for freaking forever as revenge. You don't have to revive Teresa because it'll still be a happy ending if Clare can live as a human like Teresa wanted her to. Talking about stupid, smeg like reviving everyone is too stupid even for NG Yagi and you couldn't even do it without having the full bodies of freaking everyone and Dae only has the #1 bodies. It's bad enough to have three freaking scene stealers NG Yagi has revived already.
Old 2011-10-21, 16:36   Link #870
MalakTawus

Claire won't become a normal human unless Claire-Prissy situation will be the very end of Claymore (and i doubt it).
Old 2011-10-21, 16:40   Link #871
Falcor

Send a message via MSN to Falcor
@Return Clare
The only reason I haven't discussed your idea is that I simply can't find anything additional to comment on. It is definitely interesting, though, so I was hoping that others might post their thoughts on it.

Sarcasm aside, Claymore!'s comment goes to show how atleast one camp feels about the idea of Clare somehow escaping a tragic fate. I'm sure most have mixed feelings on that particular issue. Since it's Yagi's tale to tell, as aggravating as it may be, I will continue to follow this series through until the end. Until then, speculating and nit-picking between each chapter will just have to sate the impatience over Clare's imminent return to the story.
Old 2011-10-22, 12:46   Link #872
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Return Clare View Post
@Claymore! Don't try so hard, I already know that you have a problem with everything I say. My idea isn't stupid just because you have a problem, deal with it.
The problem i have is that this is a dark manga and not a disney movie. Clare can still emerge from the blob as a claymore, like she was before she got in the it and then kill priscilla. Then Clare can live a fairly normal life with Raki. They could live in Rabona together or something. That way it could still have a happy ending.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-22, 14:55   Link #873
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

I still say I want an awakening or something like one from clare.
Old 2011-10-22, 20:21   Link #874
carbontaxes

How funny is that...

You want it to be a dark manga, yet you are in love with Hero Raki and want a happy Clare ending with the both of them
Old 2011-10-22, 22:07   Link #875
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRussianMeatClob View Post
I still say I want an awakening or something like one from clare.
In the end, Claire will awaken and rampage (after several more years of manga chapters in which she ends up assimilating Priscillia, destroying the Org, killing all the Dragonmen, and staking Rubel to a pole outside Rabona). Her rampage will kill every Claymore left alive at that point, until exhausted...she comes upon the sight of Raki. Raki will shove a sword through her, as she hesitates, and she'll explode in a ball of yoki. The last chapter will have a little girl that looks like Priscilla, has Claire's voice, and Teresa's hair, that will be lead off into the sunset holding Raki's hand. The end.
Also, cake.
Old 2011-10-22, 22:08   Link #876
Elandyll

Well, truth be told, it -used- to be a dark manga.

Has even -1- secondary character been killed aside from bad guys since Pieta?
Old 2011-10-22, 22:10   Link #877
TheRussianMeatClob
My Vision is Augmented

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
In the end, Claire will awaken and rampage (after several more years of manga chapters in which she ends up assimilating Priscillia, destroying the Org, killing all the Dragonmen, and staking Rubel to a pole outside Rabona). Her rampage will kill every Claymore left alive at that point, until exhausted...she comes upon the sight of Raki. Raki will shove a sword through her, as she hesitates, and she'll explode in a ball of yoki. The last chapter will have a little girl that looks like Priscilla, has Claire's voice, and Teresa's hair, that will be lead off into the sunset holding Raki's hand. The end.
Approved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post

I know I want some Grim Dark in my Claymore again Yagi!
Old 2011-10-22, 23:51   Link #878
Claymore!
Puff The Magic Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by carbontaxes View Post
How funny is that...

You want it to be a dark manga, yet you are in love with Hero Raki and want a happy Clare ending with the both of them
Yeah. Clare returning to human would be too much of a happy ending. Plus Clare would never get to fight again. Being a claymore is the only life that clare knows. But Clare could remain a claymore and live with Raki. That way it wouldn't lose the dark theme entirely.

"King's to you, Fernand"
Old 2011-10-23, 05:38   Link #879
Dj0rel
True Believer

Quote:

Well there's Renee. And then there are these guys.
Old 2011-10-23, 07:03   Link #880
MalakTawus

Quote:

Just because they are "bad guys" it doesn't mean that their deaths don't make this a dark manga:Isley,Ali & Beth, Riful and Dauf all had deaths with a big impact on the readers,and in their last moments all of them showed that they were not "pure evil characters",on the contrary in their death they showed their "humanity" (or whatever you can call that).........also to be precise Ali and Beth weren't bad girls at all....
If we count the extra chapters even Hilda's end is REALLY tragic......
Not to mention Cassy's end that we have just seen......

Oh,and i was also forgetting about Raph's complete death,another tragic ending for a "not-bad-girl" character....

In other words,imo it's you people that are forgetting a lot,this manga is surely 100% a dark manga,no doubt about it, also it's not that Yagi has to continually introduce new characters and draw their deaths for Claymore to be a dark manga......on the contrary,if he did something like that every single death would lose A LOT of impact when it happens.

Last edited by MalakTawus; 2011-10-23 at 07:16.
Closed Thread