AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-10-08, 01:01   Link #241
miroku2192
Let's Puppystyle!

Seemed pretty interesting, not sure how they're going to carry this on though. Kind of upset that Aika was dead to begin with, she looked like an interesting character.

Also, anyone else feel like there's more to the whole "liar's" scene than what was simply given to us in this episode? Felt like there was another layer beneath the surface. When she says she's also a liar, on the surface, the most direct reasoning would be she's keeping a secret from her brother about dating her brother's friend. But given how that scene just seemed a little off to me, there could be more to the whole lying thing, either herself or Yahiro.

But as someone pointed out earlier, Yahiro's clip which might symbolize that supposed "innocent" aspect or gullible aspect, who is the true liar/manipulator? She seems pretty manipulative to me...*sigh*. I wish she didn't have to be dead off the bat, damnit damnit damnit. I want to know more!

edit:
Of course the whole basis for this is simply the fact that there are connections to Shakespearean play, and as we all know, there are plenty of twists and unexpected turns. So honestly, I'm feeling a little fishy about the scenes were presented here. Most likely, each person is not who they seem to be, especially the ones calling each other out for being "liars". Damn you Aika, what are you!!!???
Old 2012-10-08, 03:44   Link #242
Xacual

Some mix ups here but the main character, guy with hairclips is Yoshino. His best friend, Aika's brother is Mahiro. The magician princess stuck on the island is Hakaze.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-08, 06:41   Link #243
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
... Do you know why the witch is so confident?
The last part was about the show in general, not the witch.
Old 2012-10-08, 08:24   Link #244
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
Some mix ups here but the main character, guy with hairclips is Yoshino. His best friend, Aika's brother is Mahiro. The magician princess stuck on the island is Hakaze.
I realize I got the names mixed up late yesterday afternoon. I watched the episode again last night to try and get the names straight. It isn't the first time that I've mixed character names and unfortunately it won't be the last. I've never been good at remembering names. In my defense, others got the names mixed before my posts because I kept referring to those previous posts in my attempts to get the names straight.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 08:48   Link #245
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
Originally Posted by miroku2192 View Post
Also, anyone else feel like there's more to the whole "liar's" scene than what was simply given to us in this episode? Felt like there was another layer beneath the surface. When she says she's also a liar, on the surface, the most direct reasoning would be she's keeping a secret from her brother about dating her brother's friend. But given how that scene just seemed a little off to me, there could be more to the whole lying thing, either herself or Yahiro.
I also got this feeling. Actually before reading this thread I thought that Aika might still be alive and that they were deceiving Mahiro for some reason.
I came to that conclusion because in the beginning we see Yoshino reading a mail from "Girlfriend" saying that she was meeting him "tomorrow".
It turns out that he was just looking at an old mail, huh? What a red herring!
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 11:09   Link #246
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

This episode gave an awesome first impression. Bones going back to what they do best. This series has that DTB and FMA vibe to it.

Magic is involved, Aika could be in a parallel dimension or doesn't really exist. She could be the mage girl and she wrote herself into her minds... who knows?
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 22:45   Link #247
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Hmm ... well, to be honest I felt that the first ep was effectively done: thought the story was engaging and well presented in general, and thought the visuals were good too. Dunno - there was just something about the series that didn't grab my initial interest the same way "K" did, so we'll see where things go with this. I will give ep 2 a try, but for some reason at the moment my heart "isn't in it".
Old 2012-10-11, 15:01   Link #248
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep2:
Old 2012-10-11, 15:02   Link #249
Bern-san

Episode 2 is out

Spoiler for 2:

The ED was cute, it's Kana Hanazawa so what can you expect?
Old 2012-10-11, 15:47   Link #250
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Spoiler for 2:
This episode really proved how expanding out scenes can really change a character.
Spoiler:

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2012-10-11, 16:14   Link #251
Bern-san

Quote:
This episode really proved how expanding out scenes can really change a character.
Spoiler:
I agree on that, they made him more of a coward
Old 2012-10-11, 16:18   Link #252
kuromitsu

Quote:
Spoiler:
Or a more believable one... I haven't read the manga, and maybe it's because of that but I don't quite know what to make of Yoshino.
Spoiler for ep 2:

Other than that, the biggest question for me is still why Yoshino and Aika felt the need to hide their relationship, to the point of lying and pretending to hate each other. So Mahiro is a bit of a siscon/overprotective big brother, OK, but Yoshino doesn't seem to be the sort of person who would go along with such a charade for so long just to be considerate of his friend's feelings.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 16:18   Link #253
Awrya
U mad?

Quote:
Spoiler:
Agree, kind of contradictory. Evangeline said herself that Yoshino would be able to shoot, though he ran away right away during the first fight
Old 2012-10-11, 16:30   Link #254
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Or a more believable one... I haven't read the manga, and maybe it's because of that but I don't quite know what to make of Yoshino.
Spoiler for ep 2:
You did see that Mahiro told him how to use the talisman right?

Old 2012-10-11, 16:41   Link #255
kuromitsu

Quote:
You did see that Mahiro told him how to use the talisman right?
Yes, but that doesn't explain how he immediately knew how to do it near perfectly at first try, while being attacked. And what he did later required some pretty strong control over this new ability.
Old 2012-10-11, 16:45   Link #256
miketyson

As a manga reader it's hard to comment on events sadly, but I'll just add that at least for me the music continued to be "too much" most of the time. It's not that it's not good music -- at least, I think it's good music -- but it's just continuing to often be a poor fit to where it's used.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 16:47   Link #257
Bern-san

Quote:
Spoiler for ep 2:
Spoiler for includes details on how the manga dealed with the scene:
Old 2012-10-11, 16:50   Link #258
kuromitsu

>miketyson
Don't even mention the music... orz

Frankly, I don't think it's particularly good music (pretty overwrought if you ask me), but it's definitely not good BGM. I hate it when composers think that enhancing a scene with music means trying to steal the spotlight with loud and needlessly elaborate music (and I say this as someone who has a fondness for soundtracks in general).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-san View Post
Spoiler for includes details on how the manga dealed with the scene:
Going by the description this is a more believable approach, though it's still pretty weird that Evangeline who is supposed to be an experienced fighter would be defeated just like that by some random boy... (and it raises the question that if Yoshino can do this how come he was regularly getting beaten up by bullies, but then again, being outnumbered 3 to 1 is a different situation.)
Old 2012-10-11, 17:07   Link #259
miketyson

I think the right way to put it is just that
Spoiler:

More generally I'd say that unless this goes deep into anime-original territory it's thankfully a story wherein *most* implausible things *will* get some kind of explanation eventually, but often not until much later, and the interim there's a lot of stuff that's going to stick out as implausible or hard to swallow, but it's mostly the kind of stuff hard that's hard to explain without spoiling.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-11, 17:11   Link #260
Konja7

I've read the manga, I agree that Yoshino is weaker in the anime.

Quote:
>miketyson
Don't even mention the music... orz

Frankly, I don't think it's particularly good music (pretty overwrought if you ask me), but it's definitely not good BGM. I hate it when composers think that enhancing a scene with music means trying to steal the spotlight with loud and needlessly elaborate music (and I say this as someone who has a fondness for soundtracks in general).

Going by the description this is a more believable approach, though it's still pretty weird that Evangeline who is supposed to be an experienced fighter would be defeated just like that by some random boy... (and it raises the question that if Yoshino can do this how come he was regularly getting beaten up by bullies, but then again, being outnumbered 3 to 1 is a different situation.)
The bullies only appear in the anime, we never see (may not exist) in the manga. Although I do not think Yoshino (being alone) can beat 5 people.
Konja7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bones, gangan, shounen, tragedy, zetsuen