AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-03-18, 07:48   Link #3641
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Those two girls can flashbang at will. Nagisa's Kirara has been shown reflecting heavy machine-gun fire at close range. We know Chieri to be trained in self defense techniques and both girls to be familiar with the use of firearms. Leave them alone for too long and there's even the chance of them dimension warping out (or warping something deadly in).

Underestimate at your own risk.
Cytrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-18, 08:30   Link #3642
Kazu-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cytrus View Post
Nagisa's Kirara has been shown reflecting heavy machine-gun fire at close range.
Actually Chieri's kirara did the same in that scene. Just saying.
Old 2013-03-18, 12:15   Link #3643
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Actually Chieri's kirara did the same in that scene. Just saying.
Thanks, I was just listing what feats I remembered. If we add potential skills shown by other members like augmented physical strength and Center Nova explosions, the girls' threat level is quite high indeed.
Old 2013-03-18, 12:45   Link #3644
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlareKnight View Post
Well damn, I didn't see that coming. I wasn't really expecting Chieri to get through to her father, but didn't expect him to be assassinated either. I would suspect he was taken out by hardliners (if there is any other kind) within the DGTO. Feeling that his experimenting was going too far and was too dangerous. That and for the sake of his goals he was letting a lot of secrets come lose (like the gambling) and was abusing his authority. That or someone just wanted his job and wanted to pin the blame on AKB0048.

Either way, terrible moment for Chieri. Really pouring her heart out to her father in that song and hoping to find a way to reach him. But at the peak of it all he just gets killed and that chance of true reconciliation is gone (unless he did fake his death).

Of course now I really have no idea where this is all going to go. Have the most clear villain of the series killed and have to quickly move onto recapturing Akibastar. And heck maybe while they are at it they can finally resolve this Takamina conflict .
At this point, Kanata's chances of succession has all but gone down the drain. With Hikaru gone, Takamina has to take over as the leader of the Senbatsu and she has to keep leading on. Kanata can wait, after all. The oldest of Kenkyuusei always graduate first unless they are really talented like Chieri.
Old 2013-03-18, 12:53   Link #3645
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
At this point, Kanata's chances of succession has all but gone down the drain. With Hikaru gone, Takamina has to take over as the leader of the Senbatsu and she has to keep leading on. Kanata can wait, after all. The oldest of Kenkyuusei always graduate first unless they are really talented like Chieri.
That's all assuming that Kanata's "intent of the soul" doesn't change enough to change whom she will be succeeding. With everyone around her encouraging her to prioritize her own dreams over watching out for the group, Kanata might yet go down a different path than Takamina.
Old 2013-03-18, 14:14   Link #3646
Kazu-kun

I was just re-watching the last few episodes and I was surprised to see how much self confidence Chieri and Nagisa have right now. I'm talking about the Center Nova position here. In episode 22 Nagisa declared she was going to become Center Nova to save Yuuko, but she never even stopped to think if she's got what it takes. Same with Chieri in the last episode. She tells her father she's going to become Center Nova for him with absolute confidence.

I like that attitude. Maybe that's the right attitude to become a Center Nova. You've got to believe without a doubt that you can do it. Pretty cool stuff.
Old 2013-03-18, 17:10   Link #3647
Cytrus
Unchangingly Hopeless

Quote:
I was just re-watching the last few episodes and I was surprised to see how much self confidence Chieri and Nagisa have right now. I'm talking about the Center Nova position here. In episode 22 Nagisa declared she was going to become Center Nova to save Yuuko, but she never even stopped to think if she's got what it takes. Same with Chieri in the last episode. She tells her father she's going to become Center Nova for him with absolute confidence.

I like that attitude. Maybe that's the right attitude to become a Center Nova. You've got to believe without a doubt that you can do it. Pretty cool stuff.
From what we saw with Yuuko, CN-hopefuls worry about meeting the requirements for CN. But those who actually achieve it can't just fulfill conditions - they reinvent those conditions on their own. As long as you believe in a rulebook, its rules will keep restricting your potential. If you do become a Center Nova, you'll be bending time and space like it's nothing. Worrying whether you are fit to do that is pointless. Nobody is. If you want to achieve it despite that, you have no choice but to throw away that common sense thing and entrust yourself to the otherworldly chaos of just 'doing it'.
Old 2013-03-19, 15:07   Link #3648
Beltane70

I just finished watching ep. 24. The weirdest thing for me was that I was actually thinking of Chieri's father being shot while she sang to him on the other side of the door, never expecting for it to actually happen! It was truly just a random thought and was quite surprised to see it actually happen.
Beltane70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-19, 17:18   Link #3649
maximilianjenus
[E]

the sales have been bad so I guess in the ending DES will kill all the akb0048 members during a concert so that way they won't be able to make a sequel and bleed more money when they forget about the low sales of this anime.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-20, 00:39   Link #3650
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
the sales have been bad so I guess in the ending DES will kill all the akb0048 members during a concert so that way they won't be able to make a sequel and bleed more money when they forget about the low sales of this anime.
The anime is just a means to promote the AKB48. So if AKB48 or NoName saw an increase in sales then they won't worry about the anime.
Old 2013-03-20, 08:44   Link #3651
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
Sales? When? Where? Must be that you're probably looking at stalker figures, which predict which will sell but doesn't mean actual sales figures until around the end of the season.

Also, the show isn't yet on the list this far:
http://forums.animesuki.com/showthre...48#post4526948

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
The anime is just a means to promote the AKB48. So if AKB48 or NoName saw an increase in sales then they won't worry about the anime.
This show may be trying to promote the real group, as cynics would like to point out, but TBH by story it's far different (does Puffy Amiyumi ring a bell? The NKOTB cartoon?). Be glad Okada didn't wrote it as purely a slice-of-life story.

Anyway, I want to see Chieri do it the Basara way:

Last edited by sa547; 2013-03-20 at 09:33.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 06:06   Link #3652
maririn

basically this is what will happen in the next following episodes

Quote:

24話扉の向こう側
25話劇場への道
26話 NO NAME

24話は父親と決着をつけるため智恵理は凪沙と共にイテザスターへ向かう話

25話はアキバスター奪還作戦のためにレッスンに励むメンバー達 しかしメンバー達の輝きが増さない事にツバサは焦りを感じていた

最終話 アキバスターでライブが始まるもDESの心理的な洗脳と工作によりかつてのファンからも、罵声 を浴びせられ てしまう。 その時 襲名キララが現れて…

Can anyone translate?
Ep24 Beyond the Door
Ep25 Path to the Theatre
Ep26 NO NAME

Ep24 Chieri and Nagisa go to Sagitariustar to settle dispute with (her) father
Ep25 Something about everyone preparing to recapture Akibastar, but the members' increasing radiance is causing Tsubasa to become impatient?
Ep26 Live Concert on Akibastar begins, something about DES Brainwashing. Boos and Jeers rain down, but at that moment the successors' kirara begin to appear. . .
p/s: this isn't my translation, someone translate this in the other website

Last edited by maririn; 2013-03-21 at 06:17.
maririn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 06:17   Link #3653
chaosprophet

Text preview is out too:
Spoiler for ep 25 text pv:
Old 2013-03-21, 14:21   Link #3654
Kazu-kun

Spoiler for 25:

Looking forwards to it.
Old 2013-03-21, 21:19   Link #3655
chaosprophet

Quote:
Spoiler for 25:

Looking forwards to it.
Spoiler for ep 25:
Old 2013-03-23, 07:18   Link #3656
maririn

AKB0048 virtual camera booth at Tokyo Anime Fair 2013 (currently being held at Japan now)
report by Mainichi News digital tv.

and there's some 0048 talk/event?
https://twitter.com/AKB0048_anime/st...69297897738240
https://twitter.com/AKB0048_ura/stat...14191999320066

also on TV Kanagawa, Sunday, April 07 2013
about final ep + talkshow ◆「 AKB0048」 最終話上映+トークショー
http://www.tvk-yokohama.com/anime2013/
maririn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 11:57   Link #3657
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Spoiler for 25:
Old 2013-03-23, 13:37   Link #3658
Kazu-kun

So I was right
Spoiler for 25:
Old 2013-03-23, 14:07   Link #3659
xizro345
King's Justice

Spoiler for Stage 25 spoilers:
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-23, 15:21   Link #3660
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I guess I'm the only one who thought Nagisa's father was the assassin in an effort to thwart Sono's plan and protect his daughter and her friend?

I've read none of the episode 25 spoilers since I'd prefer to wait and see.

And didn't it seem a bit absurd that they let the girls go and join up with the Get? Maybe the butler managed that? It was a bit too pat, if you ask me. Luckily for our heroines the Get hadn't yet moved on to retake Akibastar.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime