AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2013-05-15, 12:37   Link #5021
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
As long as they don't look like they feature anyone under the age of 18 then no it's not a problem or particularly hard to do so.
Nah... very mature, full-figure, busty, lush, women...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
Also depends on if they even bother to check your package.
Yeah... U.S. customs is a joke really.
Old 2013-05-15, 12:52   Link #5022
GDB

If there's no risk of them thinking it's a child, then you shouldn't have any worries even if they do check it.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-15, 12:59   Link #5023
DorkingtonPugsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
If there's no risk of them thinking it's a child, then you shouldn't have any worries even if they do check it.
Alright I've never really had problems importing anything, but was just wondering because I've never ordered an 18+ figure before. And yeah I've had a few loli-esque things imported without a problem so I think I'm good. I'll know for sure in a couple months when they actually come. Thanks.
Old 2013-05-16, 00:58   Link #5024
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
As long as they don't look like they feature anyone under the age of 18 then no it's not a problem or particularly hard to do so.
I had no problem getting very loli-looking princess Yumir, in black bondage, full cast-off for nudity, across the ocean.
http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B002VHL3E2/

Thank god for customs being completely ignorant of the product!
Old 2013-05-16, 06:48   Link #5025
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Awesome, my first ever figure arrived

I bought Black Lotus from Accel World.

Just a quick question, who ends up opening and posing their figures as opposed to keeping it unopened in the box to preserve it's value? I'm making up my mind on whether I should open it or not before taking any pictures
Old 2013-05-16, 07:25   Link #5026
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

I always open my figures. Well, always as in mostly. I have a stack of unopened nendoroids next to my monitor I've been neglecting for some time, and just keeps growing. But I see no point in buying figures if you're not going to display them.
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 08:08   Link #5027
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Open all of my figures...
But I rotate them between display and box as my shelves do not adequate in displaying them all...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 08:46   Link #5028
Revan21

I always open them. The value is still the same whether it's unopened or not, it just have to be in mint condition (both the figure and the box) then you can sell it for a good price. Only if it's a valuable figure, of course.
Old 2013-05-16, 09:49   Link #5029
GDB

I intend to open them, but I do not currently have a suitable place to display them. That, and I'm probably going to be moving by the end of the summer, so it makes more sense to keep them boxed for the time being.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 10:17   Link #5030
roxybudgy
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to roxybudgy Send a message via MSN to roxybudgy Send a message via Yahoo to roxybudgy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Open all of my figures...
But I rotate them between display and box as my shelves do not adequate in displaying them all...
Same here. I have no intention of selling my figurines, so preserving them for the sake of resale value doesn't matter to me.

In addition to having very little shelf space, when I have my figurines on display, they collect dust like crazy. I do try to dust them off every few weeks or so, but sometimes it's just so frustrating that I just dust them off and box them up again.
roxybudgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 10:53   Link #5031
DorkingtonPugsly

I get them, open them, display them. I need to get a proper display case or shelves or anything soon though. Just having them on the top ledge of my desk and other spaces like that make them collect dust and I don't like dusting in detail weekly.

I did have to rebox them all and keep them all in a cardboard box when I moved house last summer. I was only in the new house for 3 1/2 months so I just decided I'd re-unbox them once I moved again to a more permanent place.

I'm a collector and admirer so yeah I get ones of character's I love and show em off...
Old 2013-05-16, 18:34   Link #5032
Qikz

Got some badly lit photos to show my upgraded collection (new nendos are Frau, Ultimate Madoka, Wakana and Leon)

I need to stop buying figures, but I can't do it, I can't let all the cute figures pass me by.
Qikz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-16, 19:16   Link #5033
Azuma Denton
~AD~

@Qikz
Nice collection there.

Btw, need help confirm something.
Does the new Senjougahara Hitagi nendoroid bundles with Bakemonogatari PREMIUM BOX?
Any link describe that?
Old 2013-05-16, 19:27   Link #5034
Kirarakim

Mine are only in boxes because I have no where to put them at the moment. Trust me I am not happy about it.

Actually does anyone know of a small glass shelf to display lets say about 8 scale figures and a couple little figures that is not too expensive. I really want to put up my Natsume Yuujinchou collection at the very least. A detolf would be too big at the moment.
Old 2013-05-16, 20:39   Link #5035
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirarakim View Post
Mine are only in boxes because I have no where to put them at the moment. Trust me I am not happy about it.

Actually does anyone know of a small glass shelf to display lets say about 8 scale figures and a couple little figures that is not too expensive. I really want to put up my Natsume Yuujinchou collection at the very least. A detolf would be too big at the moment.
I'm in the same quandary. Open shelves are a no-go because the house cat has the delusion that it is still a kitty and fits in tiny places it doesn't. Crash bang.

So I'm trying to find a shelving system with glass doors that doesn't cost a mint fortune. So far only IKEA systems seem to fit the bill. They do have small units that affix directly to the wall.
Old 2013-05-16, 21:11   Link #5036
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

I opened my figure in the end, I couldn't leave her sitting in there

Here are some large and rather blurry photos, thanks phone cam!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Whilst switching her from normal to combat mode, I lost a small piece lol, I checked all over the room until I eventually found it, I was so relieved after that XD
Old 2013-05-16, 21:11   Link #5037
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Btw, need help confirm something.
Does the new Senjougahara Hitagi nendoroid bundles with Bakemonogatari PREMIUM BOX?
Any link describe that?
Yup, that's correct. The order page is on Amiami and elsewhere now, and it explains some of the extras that will be included. Some images of the figure itself are on the MFC page.
Old 2013-05-16, 21:32   Link #5038
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Thanks mod...
It doesnt list in Bishoujo Figure section, so I kinda miss it.
6000 yen...
Wow...
Old 2013-05-16, 22:21   Link #5039
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
6000 yen...
Wow...
Yeah, it includes three clear posters, three buttons, and a book/short story... so it's sort of a special/limited edition.
Old 2013-05-16, 22:28   Link #5040
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Here I am plan to buy 4 or 5 of them if its single nendoroid.
Looks like I'll just buy one and hope that 2nd-hand one will popped out later in Mandarake or YAJ with cheaper price.