Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-06-16, 08:15   Link #81
Frailty
Constellation
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxian View Post
She had a Cloud costume too, so does Cloud get an Lightning DLC costume as well?
I know. I didn't mention it cause... you know?

Cloud will probably get a weapon that's based on Lightning's weapon or something

Frailty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 08:20   Link #82
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
Remember LR Lightning had an Aerith costume dlc?
Pretty sure Aerith will get a Lightning costume dlc somewhere along the lines or we'll get it as a pre-order bonus
The short skirt makes it seem more like a Tifa costume.
Old 2015-06-16, 08:26   Link #83
Galaxian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frailty View Post
I know. I didn't mention it cause... you know?

Cloud will probably get a weapon that's based on Lightning's weapon or something
What? You don't want to see Cloud in them shorts...

It wouldn't be the girliest thing Cloud has wore.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 08:36   Link #84
Westlo
Lets be reality

It really doesn't matter if you like 8 or 9 better, 7 was much more iconic and hence here we are now. XII can also be done as a remaster and I expect that to happen... looks great emulated on PC....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Nomura? Welp we can expect a scene where Cloud says. "If only I was amazing and powerful as Lightning"

I'm not as happy now. =\
Lightning is Kitase's waifu, not Nomura, he just designed the characters.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 08:42   Link #85
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
The reason is simple: past the countless interviews with them saying a remake would cost too much money with the current technology at hand (recreating cities/villages faithfully etc), that announcement back during the PSX 20th anniversary still bothers me to no end.
I dunno... they've made all sort of comments about a possible remake of FFVII, including Yoichi Wada's statement that they "won't make a remake of FFVII until they make another game that can exceed its quality".

Of course nobody thinks that something like that happened in the past few years.

Honestly I've always thought that the real reason they never made a remake of FFVII is that there was no point in making one, when they could keep selling the original as it was (a theory that was confirmed by the FF7 port announcement for PS4), but of course they could never admit something like that. So I never really trusted anything that they said on the matter, and always took them as excuses to cover the truth.

But then suddenly, unexpectedly they announce a remake for real, which is something I would only expect to see on April 1st.

Anyway I have indeed serious concerns regarding the feasibility of a proper transposition of the original with hyper-realistic graphics, especially regarding the world map (as someone has already stated).
The chances that several things will be cut off or changed are really pretty high, which will not really please anyone that has been asking for a remake for the past 18 years or so.

But who knows, Square Enix latest games in the franchise have been underwhelming but Crisis Core was absolutely awesome. There isn't much hope, but it's not like there is none.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 09:01   Link #86
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

They could "skip" the world map and make it more linear in the beginning until you get the airship, or at least until the part where you get the buggy or tiny bronco.

I mean there isn't much to do even in the original game until you get to the desert prison, aside from maybe Yuffie and Fort Kondor, but you don't really need the "world map" for that.

Well if we are lucky, we get at least a little bit more info at the SE conference in 3 hours.
Old 2015-06-16, 09:28   Link #87
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
I really hope I'm wrong because if they started the remake after the backlash, that means barely a year or less has passed for the development so huh...
According some people at GAF the PC port is still coming, so I doubt it. Most likely because they wanted have the original game on every platform partly so that new players could try and PS classics doesn't look to be coming to PS4 anytime soon if at all. There also rumors of a remake being in the works going back as far as 2013 and from what I heard this entered full production just at the end of last year.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 09:52   Link #88
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

I just hope that IF they port the remake to Xbone too, then AT LEAST don't pull any of that BS "equality" crap this time. It just gets anoying when they make the experience worse for PS (and possibly PC) players just so "xbone doesn't get an inferior experience".
Old 2015-06-16, 09:56   Link #89
Tong
Many RPGs, Little Time

Send a message via MSN to Tong
Never forget:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a35Mexy0uro
Old 2015-06-16, 09:58   Link #90
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyZone View Post
They could "skip" the world map and make it more linear in the beginning until you get the airship, or at least until the part where you get the buggy or tiny bronco.

I mean there isn't much to do even in the original game until you get to the desert prison, aside from maybe Yuffie and Fort Kondor, but you don't really need the "world map" for that.

Well if we are lucky, we get at least a little bit more info at the SE conference in 3 hours.
I personally wouldn't mind if they scaled down and went SD for the world map. Improved graphics of course but not quite the scales of like cities or towns
Old 2015-06-16, 10:34   Link #91
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
It really doesn't matter if you like 8 or 9 better, 7 was much more iconic and hence here we are now. XII can also be done as a remaster and I expect that to happen... looks great emulated on PC....

Lightning is Kitase's waifu, not Nomura, he just designed the characters.
Oh thank god.... Thank you for clearing that up, I was gonna make sure before work but I ran out of time.
Old 2015-06-16, 10:41   Link #92
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Oh thank god.... Thank you for clearing that up, I was gonna make sure before work but I ran out of time.
Actually she is Toriyama's waifu, not Kitase's.
Old 2015-06-16, 10:59   Link #93
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
I personally wouldn't mind if they scaled down and went SD for the world map. Improved graphics of course but not quite the scales of like cities or towns
Barring that I hope that at least they make free-roaming zones like in FFXII. Worst options for me would be straight paths like in FFX and FXIII or total travel skip as in FFX-2.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 11:02   Link #94
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Actually she is Toriyama's waifu, not Kitase's.
Ah...well.. thank you for clearing that up...... or did you? -waits next reply- XD
Old 2015-06-16, 11:11   Link #95
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Barring that I hope that at least they make free-roaming zones like in FFXII. Worst options for me would be straight paths like in FFX and FXIII or total travel skip as in FFX-2.
What I would like to see is something like Dragon Quest 8's world map.
Old 2015-06-16, 11:11   Link #96
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Ah...well.. thank you for clearing that up...... or did you? -waits next reply- XD
I mean Motomu Toriyama is the director of the FFXIII games so any like or vice versa should be aimed at him.
Old 2015-06-16, 11:41   Link #97
Ultragunner

anyone hoping to see FFs go back to the world map interface?

I really want a world map as big and as beautiful as Ni No Kuni
Old 2015-06-16, 11:41   Link #98
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

After I cooled down from the initial excitement, I started getting a bit anxious. Can it actually live up to the hype? Graphics are one thing, but what about everything else? Will they keep the world map and everything that entails? Will they keep all of the silly moments or go down the super serious road? Will they completely overhaul the gameplay? (something like Type 0 except with materia would be great) How big will Tifa's boobs be?

So many interrogations.
Old 2015-06-16, 12:38   Link #99
Kafriel
Senior Guest

All I want from a new FF7 (and I mean it) is a fancy Gold Saucer. Dem mini-games should be epic, especially the racing and submarine fight...and of course, the chocobo racetrack.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-06-16, 13:20   Link #100
Kirito
Enjoying Snack Time!

Send a message via MSN to Kirito
I couldn't care less for E3 this year, but this news, however, was the one that hit me close to home. Even though after years of waiting, speculating, and being trolled left and right by SE the FF7 Remake gets the golden thumb.

Despite the good news and turn of events in all of this, I'm still skeptical. I mean, a part of me wants to accept this with open arms, but after the clusterfuck that was FF13 and its unnecessary sequels...ugh. FF13 - How that will forever continue to piss me off!!! But I digress...

Ahem:

After what they did with 13 I sort of lost faith in the FF series. Currently I'm placing my bets on 15 and now I also have another one to bet on. FF7 wasn't my favourite to be honest, but I really enjoyed the games and its spin-offs alot, so that's a plus.

Yeah. So anyways, as long as they make don't make this as lame and boring as FF13 I'm one happy camper. Since Yoshinori Kitase was the director for 7, now producer, I'm sure that the stories writing will be great since he contributed to it in the original. If they get Nobuo Uematsu to do the OSTs, SE you've got my money guaranteed.

I'm still skeptical but SE don't let me down, I'm begging.

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg